albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Tjm007Tjm007 Posts: 152
    LizJ said:
    I think the cheapest tickets for London were 160 £ when the TM sale started, right? Cheapest on TM are 125 £ now. So it seems same thing that’s happening for the Berlin shows is happening here now too. They are starting to sell the „not so good“ sections for less. 

And I just checked on the prices for Barcelona and seats in the 300 sections are now 92 Euros. 
    Upper tier/rear seats in London started at 125 and aren’t shifting. 
    50-75 they’ll sell

They will still be sh1t seats in a sh1t sounding stadium.

But they did leave it late and other venues were full.

They would have been better of skipping London this time and booking a better venue for 2025. 
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 339
    Another member summed it up very well some time ago. In response to whether the album or promotions like the one in London will boost ticket sales. I'll try to summarize it as best I can:

The moment the average Pearl Jam or rock music fan saw the prices and - rightly - decided against it, they lost a lot of those potential ticket buyers for the upcoming shows in Europe. However, it is precisely this group of buyers that is needed to fill the concert halls and this time even a soccer stadium. But these buyers don't regularly come back to the Ticketmaster pages to check week by week whether the prices have changed. They've opted instead to meet up with a few mates for a soccer match or to visit their aunt for a coffee.

I realize that some of my comments here may come across as pessimistic or even wish for failure. Far from it. I will be at several concerts. And I'm hoping for a full hall with the best atmosphere imaginable for these and all the other shows and the fans. Unfortunately, I have a bad feeling that they've really fucked it up and it will be difficult to steer ticket sales in a satisfactory direction except with extreme discounts.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,007
    Extreme discounts at this stage will then piss of the loyal hardcore fans that bought 10c full price ones. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,081
    Zen23 said:
    Another member summed it up very well some time ago. In response to whether the album or promotions like the one in London will boost ticket sales. I'll try to summarize it as best I can:

The moment the average Pearl Jam or rock music fan saw the prices and - rightly - decided against it, they lost a lot of those potential ticket buyers for the upcoming shows in Europe. However, it is precisely this group of buyers that is needed to fill the concert halls and this time even a soccer stadium. But these buyers don't regularly come back to the Ticketmaster pages to check week by week whether the prices have changed. They've opted instead to meet up with a few mates for a soccer match or to visit their aunt for a coffee.

I realize that some of my comments here may come across as pessimistic or even wish for failure. Far from it. I will be at several concerts. And I'm hoping for a full hall with the best atmosphere imaginable for these and all the other shows and the fans. Unfortunately, I have a bad feeling that they've really fucked it up and it will be difficult to steer ticket sales in a satisfactory direction except with extreme discounts.
    Here in England, the main issue is not the prices though. Issue is that thousands of music fans who would have gone have booked tickets elsewhere who announced their concerts first (Green Day/Glasto)
  • Options
    I think the price is the problem I know a lot of people who can't/won't pay it. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 279
    Zen23 said:

This all makes sense. Apart from the bit about meeting up with your auntie for a coffee. 
  • Options
    Extreme discounts at this stage will then piss of the loyal hardcore fans that bought 10c full price ones. 
    I wouldn't be bothered tbh. Happened to me with the Stones a few years ago when they dropped ticket prices dramatically just before the show and I got chatting to a family that paid about £30 less than me per ticket. It is what it is.
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,971
    I think the price is the problem I know a lot of people who can't/won't pay it. 
    its a mix of these issues : 

late annoucement
    ticket prices

also if u´re just going to play 1 show in london book it in the same day as green day at wembley is just bad planning.
  • Options
    Zen23 said:

This all makes sense. Apart from the bit about meeting up with your auntie for a coffee. 
    It depends on how cool and rock 'n' roll the aunt is.
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 949
    I wouldn't be bothered tbh. Happened to me with the Stones a few years ago when they dropped ticket prices dramatically just before the show and I got chatting to a family that paid about £30 less than me per ticket. It is what it is.
    Yeh wouldnt bother me, i want to be there so bought tickets immediately for high prices.  Wont be there lost in the moment thinking 'damn I wish I saved an extra £50' for example
  • Options
    Planet of SoundPlanet of Sound UK Posts: 337
    Think there is a chance they will give away some London tickets for free in the run up (maybe do blue lights tickets, like Blur did when they over-reached and couldn’t fill a 2nd night at Wembley Stadium last year).
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    Tjm007 said:
    LizJ said:
    I think the cheapest tickets for London were 160 £ when the TM sale started, right? Cheapest on TM are 125 £ now. So it seems same thing that’s happening for the Berlin shows is happening here now too. They are starting to sell the „not so good“ sections for less. 

And I just checked on the prices for Barcelona and seats in the 300 sections are now 92 Euros. 
    50-75 they’ll sell

They would have been better of skipping London this time and booking a better venue for 2025. 
    The O2 was available on on hold for them......
  • Options
    Tjm007Tjm007 Posts: 152
    pdalowsky said:
    Tjm007 said:
    LizJ said:

50-75 they’ll sell

Perhaps they thought such an arena that has hosted minnows such as QotSA and Tool was too small for them ?

• Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,558
    They're selling London tickets at the pop up shop today for £65!! Special discounted price for today's event. In the corner section by the stage!!! 
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    I would be interested to know how many of these are sold. By the way, which areas are meant by "corner section by the stage"?
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,244
    pdalowsky said:
    Tjm007 said:
    LizJ said:

50-75 they’ll sell

Exactly. That is the best venue available in London. 

They're selling London tickets at the pop up shop today for £65!! Special discounted price for today's event. In the corner section by the stage!!! 
    These must be lower/middle tier with almost a side-on view. Depending on the stage build, those can be some of the best tickets or a very obstructed view. 
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    If the Ten Club and its lottery for Berlin have taught us anything, it's that "the best seats in the house" and "obstructed view" can be the same thing. Sorry. I couldn't resist that one. 
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,971
    Right now you cant access tickets for Manchester and london in ticketmaster
  • Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 405
    edited April 21
    Now TM released several rows in tier 1 as premium tickets. 

I really don’t understand the strategy to sell tickets in Berlin. Very interested to see how this will play out. 
    Post edited by axeljohan on
  • Options
    texasistheSTEVENtexasistheSTEVEN Posts: 1,109
    I do wonder how many people in this post that are saying the sound at Tottenham is shit have actually been to the stadium and arent just copying what they have read elsewhere online.

I saw GNR there and the sound was crystal clear and loud. The stadium was also sonically designed by U2s sound engineer who ensured that the noise created within the stadium stays in the stadium and doesn't float out. Maybe that was with football in mind but either way it's a loud stadium. When Spurs are playing and I go there every couple of weeks, it can get really loud in there. Better than I've heard in most other stadiums.

Of course it's not indoors so it'll never be the same but as a large outdoor stadium goes it's the best venue in London and probably the UK.

Pricing of this gig still sucks though, not denying that part.
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    I have a question for those who are perhaps a little more familiar with the strategies of ticket sellers. Because I have no idea. So here's a serious question:

While Eventim, for example, reduced tickets for the two Berlin concerts by 50 euros in some areas on the very first day and then reduced other areas in the same way a few weeks later to boost ticket sales - which, as we can see, has worked quite well - I don't understand Ticketmaster's strategy for Barcelona at all. After hardly any tickets were sold for the second evening and you could freely choose any seat in almost all areas even two months after the start of sales, they now came up with the idea - instead of lowering the prices of more areas as in Berlin or London - of completely removing the back third of the complete venue as well as the entire Level 3 from sale. At the same time, they are sticking to the original price of 165 euros, which no one has been prepared to pay in the past two months.

I do understand the principle of Ticketmaster deliberately limiting the supply of tickets. But in my opinion, this only works if there is actually interest in a product at a certain price and there is at least a little movement in the market.

Why are they doing this? And do you think they will ever change their strategy?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,434
    Disaster*
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    beano.79beano.79 Posts: 683
    I do wonder how many people in this post that are saying the sound at Tottenham is shit have actually been to the stadium and arent just copying what they have read elsewhere online.

I saw GNR there and the sound was crystal clear and loud. The stadium was also sonically designed by U2s sound engineer who ensured that the noise created within the stadium stays in the stadium and doesn't float out. Maybe that was with football in mind but either way it's a loud stadium. When Spurs are playing and I go there every couple of weeks, it can get really loud in there. Better than I've heard in most other stadiums.

Of course it's not indoors so it'll never be the same but as a large outdoor stadium goes it's the best venue in London and probably the UK.

Pricing of this gig still sucks though, not denying that part.
    Were you standing for that show? I have concerns for the sound but only based on what I'm reading, I've never been to the stadium
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 949
    I saw RHCP there last summer and was standing, really didnt love the sound at all.  Maybe it will be different this time, especially (hopefully) being a lot closer.  But either way, its rare for me to go to any outside concert and think the sound is great.  Give me an arena show any day of the week
  • Options
    Nothing will ever be worse than the sound quality at Wembley Arena 2007 and I still loved that show. Provided it's loud enough so that you can't hear everyone around you chatting bollocks it's all somewhere on the spectrum of enjoyment.
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,247
    I decided to sell my Berlin seats at a loss.  There’s one left, for N2, A1/16/14.  It’s on TM resale.  If anyone wants to negotiate a price that’s different than what I’ve got it for let me know.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,073
    Nothing will ever be worse than the sound quality at Wembley Arena 2007 and I still loved that show. Provided it's loud enough so that you can't hear everyone around you chatting bollocks it's all somewhere on the spectrum of enjoyment.
    Too bad that sound ideal followed to the bootleg :/
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Wembley arena has always just had harsh volume for many many years 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    rangers72rangers72 lockerbie.uk Posts: 143
    in context,Kings Of Leon and The Killers tickets who are pretty big in the UK arent selling that well.Killers are playing the hydro in Glasgow for 3 nights and theres plenty of tickets left for each night and Kings Of Leon are playing 1 night there as well and theres plenty of tickets .The hydro holds 13000 so not overly massive.