Options

European Tour Sales = Desaster

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,868
    ilockyer said:
    pdalowsky said:
    It's all quite frankly pathetic 
    the sudden ticket drop is galling to say the least. TM are a shit houses of the highest order
    They are, although it's just the whole dynamic ticket pricing and stock management working as it is designed to. Give us a decade of getting used to this for all major artists, and we'll all be playing it the way our friends across the pond do, either buy early or last minute. 
    I sense they are working it out themselves over here too, i mean adding a thousand or so tickets this late in the day that had been held back seems to have been a massive own goal as they aint going to sell before next week
  • Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 314
    seanclax said:
    vedpunk said:
    Ten Club membership is only $35 who cares.  People need to reset their expectations.  

If I win TC lotto once every six years, that’s $210 added to a ticket cost. 

If that’s nothing to you, please Venmo it to  me.
    Cancel your membership and stop whinging on here.
    Nobody cares

Stop junking up threads with nothing added but whinging about other members.
    Nobody cares.
    You cared enough to respond 
  • Options
    benjs said:
    seanclax said:
    vedpunk said:
    Ten Club membership is only $35 who cares.  People need to reset their expectations.  

Nobody cares

Was this really necessary? This thread is 33 pages long and the dominant discussion is ticket costs. Clearly some care. 
    I forgot that 10 club membership s only about obtaining tickets for some people
  • Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 425
    seanclax said:
    benjs said:
    seanclax said:
    vedpunk said:

Nobody cares

Was this really necessary? This thread is 33 pages long and the dominant discussion is ticket costs. Clearly some care. 
    Well there are not many other perks for Europeans with those ridiculous shipping costs to Europe and no real European store in place. 
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,003
    seanclax said:
    benjs said:
    seanclax said:
    vedpunk said:

Nobody cares

Get off your high horse and ask anyone outside of the US about the non-ticket 'benefits' we get - even those of us just north of the border. After years of spending as much on shipping from 10C as the products themselves, and being offered every piece of merchandise under the sun, I'm glad my addiction is over. I wouldn't be surprised if EV's hair plugs are on sale shortly.

As for dynamic pricing - it's in effect because the band okay'ed it. Sturgill Simpson is an example of actually giving a shit about this. His tour opted out of dynamic pricing, and only allows face-value resale. 

What's nice to see, is that Europeans have a 'sanity ceiling' clearly. The more fans excuse the high prices rather than opting out with their wallets, the more the band/business knows they can go higher.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 627
    Best seat tickets for Sturgill’s gorge show are $190 bucks with taxes and fees… I paid less for PJ.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,048
    Best seat tickets for Sturgill’s gorge show are $190 bucks with taxes and fees… I paid less for PJ.
    And some that went to Vegas and other shows paid more. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    Baltimore was more and the seats were not best in the house. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    The way I see it, I can hope the things I value happen to inexplicably cost less in the future, or I can find a way(s) to earn more income. I opt for the latter, and it makes paying an additional $50 per concert ticket a moot issue. 
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,263
    pdalowsky said:
    ilockyer said:
    pdalowsky said:
    It's all quite frankly pathetic 
    the sudden ticket drop is galling to say the least. TM are a shit houses of the highest order
    They are, although it's just the whole dynamic ticket pricing and stock management working as it is designed to. Give us a decade of getting used to this for all major artists, and we'll all be playing it the way our friends across the pond do, either buy early or last minute. 
    I sense they are working it out themselves over here too, i mean adding a thousand or so tickets this late in the day that had been held back seems to have been a massive own goal as they aint going to sell before next week
    Do we know if this show is still working to a 15000 capacity, as was originally planned for all May/June shows, or whether they're up to the full 23k on sale? 
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 298
    seanclax said:
    vedpunk said:

Nobody cares

You cared enough to respond.
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,475
    Are 10c EUR tickets early entry or no difference 
    With the price cutting that’s happening I originally read this as 10 cent euro tix! 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,651
    With the price cutting that’s happening I originally read this as 10 cent euro tix! 
    I'll take one
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    yorkshirestoneyorkshirestone Posts: 30
    edited June 18
    Hardly serious journalism, but national press picked up on London price cuts https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/28470852/fans-pearl-jam-fuming-tickets-stadium-show-slashed/amp/

also on Sky news site 

Bit embarrassing really 
  • Options
    marumarukomarumaruko Frankfurt / Calgary Posts: 175
    Berlin starting time moved to 6:15pm. Likely means PJ will hit the stage way before 8 and there won't be curfew issues this time around. (Let's pray)
  • Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 425
    Well, the last two times at Waldbühne the band was way behind schedule and managed to get into trouble with the curfew anyway. But we can still hope.
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 407
    „Likely“ is the important word in the sentence. I would be careful with „way before“. But I hope so too.
  • Options
    edited June 19
    axeljohan said:
    pdalowsky said:
    At the moment dude it seems not outside of Berlin
    I am still not sure about Berlin. It says „early access“ which could mean that we had early access to the tickets. But 10c/tm will send some e-mail about the procedure, so will know for certain then.
    The Waldbühne website currently states:

3:30 pm Early Entry Ten Club
    4:15 pm Regular Admission
    Post edited by Zen23 on
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,522
    edited June 19
    seanclax said:
    seanclax said:
    vedpunk said:

Nobody cares

Nobody cares.
    Look who's talking
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    SB51117SB51117 Posts: 68
    "Uneven Cash Flow"

Bob Lefsetz's take on the situation:
    https://lefsetz.com/wordpress/
  • Options
    benjs said:
    seanclax said:
    benjs said:
    seanclax said:
    vedpunk said:

Nobody cares

Get off your high horse and ask anyone outside of the US about the non-ticket 'benefits' we get - even those of us just north of the border. After years of spending as much on shipping from 10C as the products themselves, and being offered every piece of merchandise under the sun, I'm glad my addiction is over. I wouldn't be surprised if EV's hair plugs are on sale shortly.

As for dynamic pricing - it's in effect because the band okay'ed it. Sturgill Simpson is an example of actually giving a shit about this. His tour opted out of dynamic pricing, and only allows face-value resale. 

What's nice to see, is that Europeans have a 'sanity ceiling' clearly. The more fans excuse the high prices rather than opting out with their wallets, the more the band/business knows they can go higher.
    Imagine being in a forum of a band you clearly hate
  • Options
    seanclax said:
    seanclax said:
    vedpunk said:

Nobody cares

Nobody cares.
    Look who's talking
    Great film
  • Options
    Paul McCartney 02 £120 . Let that sink in
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,263
    Paul McCartney 02 £120 . Let that sink in
    Be interested to see if the variable pricing nonsense kicks in on Friday. That's a very good price for him. 
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    Exactly. It makes pj prices look pathetic 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    seanclax said:
    benjs said:
    seanclax said:
    benjs said:
    seanclax said:
    vedpunk said:

Nobody cares

I make very few posts in Porch or Given to Fly. I enjoy talking politics with the fine folks in A Moving Train. I agree with you - each year that goes by, I ask myself whether the membership fee is worth it for forum access essentially.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 641
    I had Paul McCartney tickets in my basket this morning for Manchester. Didn’t buy any, I was just curious really. But yes - sad to see he’s cheaper than seeing PJ.
  • Options
    seanclax said:
    benjs said:
    seanclax said:
    benjs said:
    seanclax said:
    vedpunk said:

Nobody cares

Imagine being in a forum of a band you clearly let get away with everything blindly.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    seanclax said:
    benjs said:
    seanclax said:
    benjs said:
    seanclax said:
    vedpunk said:

Nobody cares

You clearly don’t know Ben and what kind of a fan he is! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    seanclax said:
    benjs said:
    seanclax said:
    benjs said:
    seanclax said:
    vedpunk said:

Nobody cares

You clearly don’t know Ben and what kind of a fan he is! 
    To be fair, hate is absolutely not the right word, but I haven’t listened to much other than bluegrass for the past two years. I tried listening to the new album the other day, made it three tracks and realized that rock isn’t doing it for me these days! That said, I’ve met wonderful people on here, and that’s what keeps me coming back.

EV