Options

European Tour Sales = Desaster

Comments

• Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 514
    Zen23 said:
    Does anyone know why ticket sales for the second Berlin evening have been stopped by Eventim?

"Unfortunately there are currently no tickets available for the following events"

Maybe just taken them down whilst amending prices?
    Everything is up and running.
  • Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 433
    Boy, this Euro tour feels cursed. 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,658
    If Barcelona 2 happens and Ed feels good, I am hoping it is a rarity laden show.  Small crowd. Just play what they want
  • Options
    retroretro Posts: 119
    Zen23 said:
    Does anyone know why ticket sales for the second Berlin evening have been stopped by Eventim?

"Unfortunately there are currently no tickets available for the following events"

SOLD OUT =)
  • Options
    D-DayD-Day Far From Home Posts: 85
    retro said:
    Zen23 said:

SOLD OUT =)
    Only if the band has bought all tickets overnight. 
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 414
    Are back online. Nothing has changed.
  • Options
    Cal.PJ.CCal.PJ.C Posts: 190
    Soybeans said:
    willwall said:
    I’m so happy that this has backfired on them. 

Things that are ok in the US, doesn’t mean it’s ok to do here. 

Manchester is 50% sold. London is easily less than 50% sold. You reap what you sow at the end of the day.

Those saying it’s not the band and that they are entirely blameless are wrong. They’ll know what’s going on. At least Springsteen had the bottle to come out and own up to the Dynamic pricing and what he was doing. 

Can see a lot of these shows being reduced or even on offer in a few weeks time.
    Is already happening. The prices for Barcelona are coming down. Barcelona uppers down $30, lowers have come down by $50.

But it's too late for many. Scanning the sad comments on the socials, it's clear that our proud Spanish PJ brothers and sisters are done. Sadly,  I have to hope these arenas remain half empty at show time. 
    If its half empty the show gets cancelled. Be careful what you wish for if you have tix
    I'm thinking this has also played into the decision...not doubting the illness reason but probably a combination of both
  • Options
    Sunday Morning quick View on Berlin - 2 and 3 days away - if the band shows up.
    After London this Berlin can only be a stood still now.
    Day 2 with yellow seats

• Options

PJ for less than a Döner Kebap and a SUPER SALE below „normal Price“ seems not utopian now.

In Manchester was a give—away action for the last rows just before stagetime.
    unknown to me how many tickets and how that Strike was managed in detail.

• Options
    MarcvHMarcvH Amersfoort, Netherlands Posts: 35
    D-Day said:

PJ for less than a Döner Kebap and a SUPER SALE below „normal Price“ seems not utopian now

My children are currently receiving several free tickets for Travis Scott for tonight through the official ticketmaster (and I suspect I'll be coming along). Probably because they had tickets the first night and this show is not sold out. I wonder if that would also be the case for Pearl Jam in Berlin and Barcelona, ​​with those dynamic prices and such. And tomorrow morning... off to Berlin! I have full confidence that the PJ show will take place!
    Arnhem 2006, Nijmegen 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Werchter 2010, Amsterdam II 2012, Amsterdam I 2014, Amsterdam II 2017 (Ed Solo), Amsterdam I 2018, Amsterdam II 2018, Amsterdam I 2022, Amsterdam II 2022, Berlin I 2024, Berlin II 2024 and... was on the quest list of Vera Groningen 1996.. but went to my girlfriends father's birthday instead, damned!
  • Options
    🤔 all in all it
    looks already too late for „normal Price“ 
    too many tickets.
    Prediction: they will jump direct to Döner Kebap and Bratwurst Prices and do the SUPER SALE for the better seats.

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,594
    Why not a vegan option. It’s 2024
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Apple + Egg 
  • Options
    minus Egg if you Like
  • Options
    Apple + Egg Price for the last row in the red area

where to find people to fill seats ?
    AI translated

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,584
    edited June 30
    Well.. the prospect of an illness related cancellation again certainly isn’t going to help move those unsold tickets.  Maybe they need to announce that the illness is resolved and the show is on.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    plus they need to announce the
    SUPER SALE
  • Options
    = as long there is no announcement it tends to cencelling
  • Options
    How that can be  ;)

• Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 514
    D-Day said:
    = as long there is no announcement it tends to cencelling
    Announcement of what? The amount of wild guesses presented here as facts is too damn high.
  • Options
    Imagine there is no announcement - would you show up at the venue ?
  • Options
    Greyhound06Greyhound06 Posts: 41
    Sure. 
  • Options
    When should they made the next announcement and why? 

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,455
    edited June 30
    There will probably be an announcement but the default is "the show is on" unless/until you hear otherwise 
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,038
    They will only make an announcement if its the cancellation,  they wont make the announcement if the show goes on
  • Options
    edited June 30
    Let‘s Hope.
    this topic is for the ticket Sales Strategy. But Connected to the Stage. So it ends with a Double-Minus: no solution how the TM Berlin Page Looks at the end. Or a Double-Plus: the First Solution ever how the Sales Strategy Looks at the end on Screen.
    Manchester: missed by me. London: stopped because of…
    Post edited by D-Day on
  • Options
    GW2553GW2553 AMORICA Posts: 68
    They have to open up the merch tent, then they make the announcement

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,584
    pjl44 said:
    There will probably be an announcement but the default is "the show is on" unless/until you hear otherwise 
    just_one said:
    They will only make an announcement if its the cancellation,  they wont make the announcement if the show goes on
    Agreed… my comment about an announcement was only that it might help ticket sales.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Berlin x2 cancelled (insta) 
  • Options
    marumarukomarumaruko Frankfurt / Calgary Posts: 202
    And this time they won't even sell any merchandise. They are gonna lose a shit ton of money with all of that. Doesn't matter next to how much every traveling fan loses but still. Must be significant.