Options

European Tour Sales = Desaster

Comments

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,486
    Right now I'm on a double decker bus going from Cork to Dublin to see the Pearl Jam show today, and nobody at all is complaining about the ticket prices. Everybody's just happy to be here. 
    This ^
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,966
    edited June 22
    Right now I'm on a double decker bus going from Cork to Dublin to see the Pearl Jam show today, and nobody at all is complaining about the ticket prices. Everybody's just happy to be here. 
    We need a relay?
    Edit: Scratch that, Dimi us up 😀
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    marumarukomarumaruko Frankfurt / Calgary Posts: 181
    Which songs are playing on the bus ride? 
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    Whoever attending the Dublin gig including Ashcroft, enjoy the ride and have a blast! 
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,966

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,425
    "Massive stars fails?"
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,431
    It looks pretty full from what I can see. 
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    It felt damn full. I saw loads of people in every direction. I'm ecstatic to have been there. ☘️ 
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,520
    BF25394 said:
    SB51117 said:
    "Uneven Cash Flow"

Bob Lefsetz's take on the situation:
    https://lefsetz.com/wordpress/
    That guy has a lot of half-baked opinions. I read the Timberlake piece before the one that's ostensibly about Pearl Jam. Both articles had me scratching my head quite a bit. Anyway, his line about "running on fumes, out playing your greatest hits"-- was that supposed to be referring back to Pearl Jam? He uses this line after a paragraph about Noah Kahan, but that's obviously not referring to Kahan. It's certainly not a fair description of Pearl Jam's live performances in 2024. I don't think many people who attended shows on the first leg of the tour felt like they saw a band running on fumes, and fully a third of the material was brand-new from a just-released album, and another third or so were album tracks that no one could describe as greatest hits.
    I didn't interpret that line as referring to Pearl Jam specifically. I think it was just an industry-wide rant about the bubble having burst on ticket prices. Legacy acts running on fumes and playing their greatest hits at outdoor sheds during the summer might do OK because there are a ton of cheap lawn tickets and other revenue streams at those venues. 
  • Options
    False_BeliefFalse_Belief Cardiff Posts: 755
    Nice 😎 

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,532
    Swedish music mag writing about PJ having to sell tickets for half the price

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,889

It's all Greek to me.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,885
    Nice 😎 

Congrats!
  • Options
    D-DayD-Day Far From Home Posts: 39
    edited June 25

Showday in Manchester.

Dynamic pricing still works - like thought.

They scalped the own fans plus much more concert people / customers.

Looks like an calculated collateral damage.

Looks like an offensive strike against scalpers.

TM is the ally. It‘s a mess.

The band’s standing is ruined by two own goals at some places in Europe.

A dark chapter band history is written.

My first (and possibly last) PJ live is overshadowed. 

There‘s no way to repair the own reputation and my impressions with the power of live music.

I hope the venue itself can boost the whole thing good enough - it was 50% of the attraction to me - so all in all isn’t lost but way overpriced.

„It's strange these days

when everybody else pays

for someone else's mistake“

The mistakes are already named on board of this forum.

US show-biz crushed in Europe 2024.

This Manchester gig is already part of the music biz history.

Let‘s see what the dynamic pricing will do on show date - where it ends.

I don’t buy an additional <£33 ticket just to upgrade my seat / move XX yards closer to the Stage (for example)

Just to remember one disastrous Detail: 

All Level 1 Tickets were invisible & showed up at shopper’s paradise (TM) just 2 weeks ago (approximately) & way cheaper than Level 2 was before that move.

Post edited by D-Day on
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,642
    Very dramatic.  Just go to the show and have fun. If you don’t want to pay, then don’t.  They will go back to Europe if it is profitable.  If it isn’t profitable, they won’t.  
  • Options
    BTW Dark Matter is good enough for all tracks live today = Album Tour Date plus some fillers.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,779
    BF25394 said:

It's all Greek to me.
    Greeks are easier than Swedish i think..lol..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,879
    To be honest Manchester looked pretty full with the lights on yesterday. It took some time to fill up but once it was shot time it was bouncing
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,665
    It looked full to me also. Some people got free upgrades which was good
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Planet of SoundPlanet of Sound UK Posts: 537
    Yep it was pretty full and glad to see some free upgrades to nearer seats.
  • Options
    edited June 26
    last minute shoot YLB = the last minute of the show 
    Post edited by D-Day on
  • Options
    edited June 26
    same time. Floor looks not sold out. No Need for a Security space at the end because the floor’s wide entry/exit zones are there (Illuminated curve on the pic)
    Post edited by D-Day on
  • Options
    I loved the venue. Nicest staff. Free cans of water all day. Free apples and crisps in line all day. Staff helpful and kind. And the place itself was like a square 02 and very much reminded me of ziggodome. 
    Great .
    And trams at the front door into town. 3 stops. McDonald's nearby and great toilets in the building nextdoor which they were happy for people to use all day. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Greyhound06Greyhound06 Posts: 38
    D-Day said:
    same time
    Definitely not looking disastrous. 

Nice arena. 
  • Options

opposite stage 
    upper part packed - as I remember GBP 40something close to showday.
    The lower part ended not that cheap.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,879
    I loved the venue. Nicest staff. Free cans of water all day. Free apples and crisps in line all day. Staff helpful and kind. And the place itself was like a square 02 and very much reminded me of ziggodome. 
    Great .
    And trams at the front door into town. 3 stops. McDonald's nearby and great toilets in the building nextdoor which they were happy for people to use all day. 
    The staff were a real tonic, great folk at every turn. Even down the front, they couldnt have been nicer if they tried. 

Really impressed with the venue. 
  • Options
    edited June 26
    steep upper level.
    Remarkable how quick the Arena was emty after the Show.
    Post edited by D-Day on
  • Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 318
    Great .
    Were you queuing at the front for merch?
    I agree about the staff. The water was a nice touch
  • Options
    No I didn't do merch just 10c queue 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    LiveAtLeedsLiveAtLeeds Posts: 144
    London tickets are up for download on ticketmaster now. Just added mine to my wallet