Options

European Tour Sales = Desaster

Comments

• Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 641
    Regretting buying a standing ticket for Manchester now. I expect the price will soon drop below the £160 face value.
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 407
    edited June 17
    And it is precisely this nonsense with the withholding of tickets that means that the Co-op Live Arena, which was thought to be reasonably sold out, now suddenly has around 1,600 empty seats again. Plus an unknown number of standing tickets still available.
    Post edited by Zen23 on
  • Options
    one_stoneone_stone Posts: 295
    edited June 17
    Chazz said:
    one_stone said:
    seanclax said:
    mazminx said:
    Hi all, 2 x rear standing for London purchased at £159.13 each when they went on sale. Registered interest via Tm and queued up like a good punter. Now I can't go and can't sell the tickets it seems, coz TM kep B**gering about with the prices. Be honest with me - what are my chances of losing £320 I don't have? cheers
    You might get 200 back if you lower the price now
    Actually you will have to lower them beyond 100 a piece. I bought my Tickets yesterday as resale tix for 86GBP a Ticket (including fees) and those were Front Standing. And I don't see the prices go up again. Try something around that price and write the rest off.
    Hi, did you get London front standing for that price from TM? I’ve been looking and there only appears to be one in the front section in the resale tickets for £155 in think? 
    Yes. Got Front Standing on the TM site for that price. Keep Looking / checking 2-3 times a day and be patient. I saw Resale Front Tickets Pop up for close to 100GBP once in a while. Those that I got were the first ones (significantly) below 100GBP that I saw, but I'm sure there will be more coming up in the next two weeks.
    Post edited by one_stone on
  • Options
    KidAOK said:
    just_one said:
    KidAOK said:
    I'm beginning to worry about this tour, somebody talk me off the ledge.
    why?
    Wouldnt be the first tour I had tickets to that cancelled with poor ticket sales.
    tour begins in 2 weeks
    not an option.
  • Options
    Haynes2Haynes2 Uk Posts: 1
    Just check my Ticketmaster account and it’s now saying I have 4 tickets for London.

only ordered and paid for 2!!
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 641
    Haynes2 said:
    Just check my Ticketmaster account and it’s now saying I have 4 tickets for London.

Haha. They’re giving away tickets now!
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,026
    still 2 on mine 
  • Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 313
    vedpunk said:
    Ten Club membership is only $35 who cares.  People need to reset their expectations.  

If I win TC lotto once every six years, that’s $210 added to a ticket cost. 

If that’s nothing to you, please Venmo it to  me.
    Cancel your membership and stop whinging on here.
    Nobody cares

• Options
    Friendly and courteous as always.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,522
    edited June 17
    seanclax said:
    vedpunk said:
    Ten Club membership is only $35 who cares.  People need to reset their expectations.  

Nobody cares

Stop junking up threads with nothing added but whinging about other members.
    Nobody cares.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,003
    seanclax said:
    vedpunk said:

Nobody cares

Was this really necessary? This thread is 33 pages long and the dominant discussion is ticket costs. Clearly some care. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    I don't ever recall seeing people attending PJ shows in South America complaining about ticket prices, and I believe their average wages/salaries down there are pretty low compared to many other countries. Perhaps in South America they're just glad to have an opportunity to see PJ in their respective home countries (or nearby), regardless of price or venue. 
  • Options
    As far as anyone complaining about $35 for an annual Ten Club membership, I spent $35 yesterday for two club sandwich combos, each of which includes a small bag of potato chips and a medium soft drink (Corner Bakery restaurant). I mean, like it or not, we've reached a point where $35 just isn't much money any more. I'm not saying, I'm just saying. 🥑 
  • Options
    Have any of you tried to get Adele tickets in recent years?  My wife had a brief chance to buy four Adele tickets (directly through Ticketmaster the day they went on sale) for a Las Vegas residency show.  It was going to cost about $4,500 for those four tickets!  That's right -- more than $1,100 each, due to something referred as "dynamic" pricing on the Ticketmaster site.  My wife said screw that.  However, I was able to purchase two general admission PJ tickets not too long thereafter for one of PJ's September 2023 shows for only about $160 a ticket.  We felt so fortunate to acquire those PJ tickets, even though the venue was 500 miles away from our home.  I guess it's all relative when you think about it.  
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 353
    As far as anyone complaining about $35 for an annual Ten Club membership, I spent $35 yesterday for two club sandwich combos, each of which includes a small bag of potato chips and a medium soft drink (Corner Bakery restaurant). I mean, like it or not, we've reached a point where $35 just isn't much money any more. I'm not saying, I'm just saying. 🥑 
    Two bags of groceries is $100 in Canada…..
  • Options
    I don't ever recall seeing people attending PJ shows in South America complaining about ticket prices, and I believe their average wages/salaries down there are pretty low compared to many other countries.
    Let's see if that changes in 2025 when they actually appear in South America and try something similar to Europe in 2024. Don't get me wrong. I hope the band and their management have learned from this and are making their fans in South America happy.
    Perhaps in South America they're just glad to have an opportunity to see PJ in their respective home countries (or nearby), regardless of price or venue.
    You won't believe it. But people are able to be both indescribably happy and grateful that they can see Pearl Jam in their home country (or nearby), and at the same time critically question the price or the venue. The one does not exclude the other. At least that's how I feel.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,644
    Are 10c EUR tickets early entry or no difference 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 425

It says „early access“ on the 10c-GA-tickets for Berlin, so looks like early entry. I think. 10c or TM was supposed to send an e-mail with further information, wonder when that will happen.

Don’t know about the other cities.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,868
    At the moment dude it seems not outside of Berlin
  • Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 425
    pdalowsky said:
    I am still not sure about Berlin. It says „early access“ which could mean that we had early access to the tickets. But 10c/tm will send some e-mail about the procedure, so will know for certain then.
  • Options
    stonesstones Posts: 236
    pdalowsky said:
    Both Berlin and Barcelona are early entry
  • Options
    I wish 10c  would just confirm this 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    stonesstones Posts: 236
    Barcelona ticket info from TM.

• Options
    stones said:
    Barcelona ticket info from TM.

great to see, nothing so far on the uk ones like this sadly
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,522
    edited June 18
    That they couldn't state this before the 10c-sale shows how much ticketmaster has them by the balls

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    It's all quite frankly pathetic 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    wozza77wozza77 Posts: 298
    Haynes2 said:

Did you order the paper ticket too? Think they class that as a ticket 
    Now it all comes down to numbers, now I'm glad that I have quit
    Folks these days just don't do nothing simple for the love of it
  • Options
    edited June 18
    A short commercial for the two Berlin concerts in two weeks:
    https://www.facebook.com/100044356089661/posts/1030098815145312/

He seems somehow surprised that they are performing there for two nights. 😄
    Post edited by Zen23 on
  • Options
    the sudden ticket drop is galling to say the least. TM are a shit houses of the highest order
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,263
    pdalowsky said:
    the sudden ticket drop is galling to say the least. TM are a shit houses of the highest order
    They are, although it's just the whole dynamic ticket pricing and stock management working as it is designed to. Give us a decade of getting used to this for all major artists, and we'll all be playing it the way our friends across the pond do, either buy early or last minute. 
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits