Options

European Tour Sales = Desaster

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,636
    edited July 1

But yes, one tier pricing Does mean that the back of arena seats are subsidizing the front.
    Not sure how to address that. Maybe just a 2nd tier price for the very farthest/highest level would be a bit more fair.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,676
    Will the next Europe tour be 5 festivals and then three other cities?    That is if festivals will trust them.  
  • Options
    marumarukomarumaruko Frankfurt / Calgary Posts: 204
    Will the next Europe tour be 5 festivals and then three other cities?    That is if festivals will trust them.  
    Festivals generally pay less to artists in Europe. Unless you are the main headliner. But there are not so many festivals left that would book Pearl Jam as the main headliner. Works for NOS, works for Werchter, maybe Lollapalooza every 3-4 years. The other major festivals? They do sell more tickets with hipper/younger artists. 
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,954
    Festivals generally pay less to artists in Europe. Unless you are the main headliner. But there are not so many festivals left that would book Pearl Jam as the main headliner. Works for NOS, works for Werchter, maybe Lollapalooza every 3-4 years. The other major festivals? They do sell more tickets with hipper/younger artists. 
    Sense they would be huge in the uk at download or Leeds/reading still
  • Options
    smile6680smile6680 Posts: 360
    MayDay10 said:
    I stopped attending Pearl Jam concerts quite awhile ago.  A lot of it is price-related.  I have the means to afford it for sure, but I am old enough to know the opportunity-cost on spending that kind of money on a consumable ticket.  I can see really good live music for a fraction of the price of a pearl jam ticket.  Plus not have to travel and assume the costs associated with that
    This is kind of how I feel. After the first Fenway concert I was wondering if the cost is worth it anymore. Tickets have skyrocketed, The venues and cities they choose to play in are way too expensive. My wife and I are also fortunate enough to be able to afford but would rather spend the money elsewhere. 

It turns into easily a thousand dollar night for my wife and I to stay in Boston and attend one of there shows.
  • Options
    D-DayD-Day Far From Home Posts: 126
    edited July 1
    Just an Sniper View on Barcelona Saturday - filtered is the top end of the scala today Edit: Monday

Post edited by D-Day on
  • Options
    92-161€ + Cheapest + Total 
  • Options
    edited July 1

Post edited by D-Day on
  • Options
    edited July 1
    Floor - How that can be??
    Filter;)

The End.
  • Options

Vanishing Floor in Barcelona
    😉there is no 144€ ⚠️
    Price + Filter Mess
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,531
    It's not fine to charge 170 a ticket anywhere 
    If you were the artist, or even ticketmaster, would you be ok when stubhub resells that $100 ticket for $400? That lost revenue is what drove this new ticket pricing model. The thing that pisses me off the most is the loss of the best seats for the 10C members.
  • Options
    edited July 2
    underestimated Collateral Damage now

edit: how many seats are still available in all the blue areas: not checked
    Post edited by D-Day on
  • Options
    D-Day said:
    underestimated Collateral Damage now

I doubt they worry too much about ticket sales or cancelled shows at this point in their career. They book a tour and show up. That said the promoter and ticketmaster might not be too happy about low ticket sales. 
  • Options
    ????
    What do you get for 54€
    Floor ticket

• Options
    edited July 2
    D-Day said:
    ????
    What do you get for 54€
    Floor ticket

They need to move inventory, that is what dynamic pricing is all about. I doubt the band is worried about it. It's not their job to sell tickets.
    Post edited by Get_Right on
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,487
    Get_Right said:
    D-Day said:
    ????
    What do you get for 54€
    Floor ticket

They need to move inventory, that is what dynamic pricing is all about. I doubt the band is worried about it. It's not their job to sell tickets.
    I know what you mean but the phrasing is funny
  • Options
    ?? Then 140 Euro would be the „PJ price“.
    Platinum 54,00 Euro can only be a contract Point. TM can’t add xx€ for nothing to a ticket and keep the money. 
    How about that for a different Band: 40 Euro ENTRY + 50 EURO Platinum?

• Options
    D-Day said:
    ?? Then 140 Euro would be the „PJ price“.
    Platinum 54,00 Euro can only be a contract Point. TM can’t add xx€ for nothing to a ticket and keep the money. 
    How about that for a different Band: 40 Euro ENTRY + 50 EURO Platinum?

Yes, they can and the artist gets a percentage. They can also discount prices and not make as much, but still get their fee
  • Options
    Self-Sabotage
  • Options
    edited July 2
    Just checked another band. 
    No such madness there.

Whatever that for PJTM means.
    edit: underestimated collateral damage ;)
    was: BandFans
    now: Band  some/a lot Fans

Was a midnight topic drift to show biz hell.
    back to normal 
    Post edited by D-Day on
  • Options
    edited July 2
    Anyone with a
    Barcelona Floor Ticket < 226,50€ ?
    If yes: Price?
    edit: probably minus „Platinum“
    Can‘t imagine all Floor Tickets are/were that expensive.
    Or it’s almost empty and a SuperSale will show up.
    Post edited by D-Day on
  • Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 408
    D-Day said:
    Anyone with a
    Barcelona Floor Ticket < 226,50€ ?
    If yes: Price?
    edit: probably minus „Platinum“
    Can‘t imagine all Floor Tickets are/were that expensive.
    Or it’s almost empty and a SuperSale will show up.
    I'm sure for a 10c floor I paid €140
    Was the cheapest show of the tour
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,549
    pdalowsky said:
    Maybe its only me, but the next euro tour announcement can not come soon enough, I'll still be buzzing about new shows, and I'll still be entering the tenclub lotteries to secure tickets at the outset. Its important to me to make firm plans and know everything is set. My support for these guys is unwavering, there isn't a band in the world who can touch their shows for me. 

This has been really really shitty luck. I was devastated to get another cancellation, but crossing everything I can that Barcelona goes ahead. This tour has been blighted but we have to hope it can get back on its feet. 

There's a lot of negative talk on here, and I do fully understand the horrible disappointment that we have endured, but talk of this being the end, they won't tour Europe again, they've just lost their loyal travelling fanbase.....isn't this all a little too much? 

I will be watching for that next tour announcement with massive fervour. That will be the case until one day they do call it quits. But I sincerely hope that day is far into the distance. 
    Once bitten, twice shy. I came over here planning to see 5 Pearl Jam shows and might not get any. I also experienced cancellation announcements for Sacramento, Las Vegas, and Indianapolis after traveling, checking into hotels, etc. A domestic cancelation is one thing -- this won't cause me to change my plans to travel to Missoula, Chicago, Indy, NYC, etc. And I also have found many alternate gigs to attend here in Europe. But I'm going to seriously consider canceling my flights to New Zealand and Australia in November. Although I think in all likelihood the shows will go off without a hitch, I feel like the risk of cancelation is just too high for these shows to be the centerpiece of a two-week trip halfway across the globe.  
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,954
    SHZA said:
    pdalowsky said:
    Maybe its only me, but the next euro tour announcement can not come soon enough, I'll still be buzzing about new shows, and I'll still be entering the tenclub lotteries to secure tickets at the outset. Its important to me to make firm plans and know everything is set. My support for these guys is unwavering, there isn't a band in the world who can touch their shows for me. 

This has been really really shitty luck. I was devastated to get another cancellation, but crossing everything I can that Barcelona goes ahead. This tour has been blighted but we have to hope it can get back on its feet. 

There's a lot of negative talk on here, and I do fully understand the horrible disappointment that we have endured, but talk of this being the end, they won't tour Europe again, they've just lost their loyal travelling fanbase.....isn't this all a little too much? 

I will be watching for that next tour announcement with massive fervour. That will be the case until one day they do call it quits. But I sincerely hope that day is far into the distance. 
    Once bitten, twice shy. I came over here planning to see 5 Pearl Jam shows and might not get any. I also experienced cancellation announcements for Sacramento, Las Vegas, and Indianapolis after traveling, checking into hotels, etc. A domestic cancelation is one thing -- this won't cause me to change my plans to travel to Missoula, Chicago, Indy, NYC, etc. And I also have found many alternate gigs to attend here in Europe. But I'm going to seriously consider canceling my flights to New Zealand and Australia in November. Although I think in all likelihood the shows will go off without a hitch, I feel like the risk of cancelation is just too high for these shows to be the centerpiece of a two-week trip halfway across the globe.  
    I hear you - and understand this, but I genuinely think if you have a trip planned to Australia, you should absolutely consider going regardless IF you havent been before. I went to Oz some years ago and it remains the one place ive been to that broke my heart coming home. Phenomenal country, so much to do and see and the cities are just wonderful places. 
  • Options
    edited July 2
    💡Maybe they do a song about the 
    topic. There is a lot of potential.

This line sounds good enough for the Chorus…

There was a midnight drift to showbiz hell.
    And a vanishing floor in Barcelona.

Post edited by D-Day on
  • Options
    edited July 2
    Maybe I’ll see PJ live again 😋

Post edited by D-Day on
  • Options
    There was 1€ missing
    And a Price and Filter Mess

• Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 408
    D-Day said:
    There was 1€ missing
    And a Price and Filter Mess

Are you bored?
  • Options
    No
    last day on board
    was 1 Week on vacation here
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    smile6680 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    I stopped attending Pearl Jam concerts quite awhile ago.  A lot of it is price-related.  I have the means to afford it for sure, but I am old enough to know the opportunity-cost on spending that kind of money on a consumable ticket.  I can see really good live music for a fraction of the price of a pearl jam ticket.  Plus not have to travel and assume the costs associated with that
    This is kind of how I feel. After the first Fenway concert I was wondering if the cost is worth it anymore. Tickets have skyrocketed, The venues and cities they choose to play in are way too expensive. My wife and I are also fortunate enough to be able to afford but would rather spend the money elsewhere. 

It turns into easily a thousand dollar night for my wife and I to stay in Boston and attend one of there shows.

The ballpark shows were when I kind of got bucked off as well.  
    I have been fortunate and blessed enough to see the band over 30 times.  However, that is kind of a curse as well, as it feels like I have seen it all.  Some shows and experiences were better than others, but being perfectly honest, there is some degree of diminishing returns.  The ballpark shows to me were a muffled version of a live pearl jam experience, for a much larger price.  Plus less shows means its almost mandatory to travel to see them.  

The high price, plus travel, and now add in the too-frequent and unfortunate cancellations, it is not something I want to spend multiple $Ks on, and also maybe spend time away from my family.

If they were playing at a reasonably commutable distance for me, I would likely buy 10c tickets to see them 1 more time and probably bring my son.  I just don't see myself planning a trip around them (or any band) anymore. 

* I wont begrudge the band/management for charging what they do, or judge any of their decisions... And Im certainly not "but y0u f0ught TiCKetm45t3r" guy.  It is their ship to steer however they please.