European Tour Sales = Desaster

Comments

• sdh8252sdh8252 Posts: 16
    Currently looking at flights to Sydney and time off work in November, thought if I ever made it to Australia though it would be for the Ashes (cricket for you Americans!) 
  • seanclaxseanclax Posts: 551
    sdh8252 said:
    Currently looking at flights to Sydney and time off work in November, thought if I ever made it to Australia though it would be for the Ashes (cricket for you Americans!) 
    You'll have more fun for pearl jam trust me.
    Nothing worse than being down under and getting battered in the ashes
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,156
    edited July 5
    matt84 said:
    It’s certainly going to be interesting to see what the tickets cost is in the EU/UK next time around.
    I have a hard time seeing anyone wanting to ask for less than now, because of the optics. 

Maybe they won’t releade two nights in the same city at the same time next time. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    matt84 said:
    It’s certainly going to be interesting to see what the tickets cost is in the EU/UK next time around.
    I have a hard time seeing anyone wanting to ask for less than now, because of the optics. 

Maybe they won’t releade two nights in the same city at the same time next time. 
    2 nights in one city seems to be the way now.
    Maybe your looking at 3/4 cities on the next tour with 2 shows each.
    If they stick to arenas that should be successful 
  • D-DayD-Day Far From Home Posts: 317
    edited July 5
    3x Brixton Academy in London
    - would even work with this ticket strategy because every ENTRY is „worth“ the same. Separate the balcony or not. Prices coming down from XXX£.
    Imagine the queue for gig one through Brixton… because: first in first down at the front of the stage. And there‘s already a second queue - of those people who aiming for their top spot the next night… ;)

Edit: just checked the exact capacity… 4921 but
    Why is Brixton Academy closed?
    …, 23, and …, 33, died during the incident when fans without tickets forced the doors. A third person has been critically injured in hospital. Following the closure, Police had urged Lambeth Council to remove the Academy's licence.19.04.2024

So upgrade for the venue in London is needed but it has to be a non-arena venue to ensure all tickets are worth the same.
    Post edited by D-Day on
  • beano.79beano.79 Posts: 740
    edited July 5
    D-Day said:
    3x Brixton Academy in London
    - would even work with this ticket strategy because every ENTRY is „worth“ the same. Separate the balcony or not. Prices coming down from XXX£.
    Imagine the queue for gig one through Brixton… because: first in first down at the front of the stage. And there‘s already a second queue - of those people who aiming for their top spot the next night… ;)

Edit: just checked the exact capacity… 4921 but
    Why is Brixton Academy closed?
    …, 23, and …, 33, died during the incident when fans without tickets forced the doors. A third person has been critically injured in hospital. Following the closure, Police had urged Lambeth Council to remove the Academy's licence.19.04.2024

So upgrade for the venue in London is needed but it has to be a non-arena venue to ensure all tickets are worth the same.
    Brixton is being booked again now, it's a fantastic venue, one of the best. I'm going to see shed seven there in december
    Post edited by beano.79 on
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,049
    seanclax said:
    axeljohan said:
    matt84 said:
    and which cities and venues they book. 
    Could see the uk missing out next time.
    No chance mate, their fanbase is still solid in the UK. 
  • Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 312
    pdalowsky said:
    seanclax said:
    axeljohan said:
    matt84 said:
    Might not have a choice if that's the terms of their insurance after the cancellation claim. Would explain why there was no Amsterdam etc on this euro tour 
    Good to see Brixton Academy is not history.
    pdalowsky said:
    seanclax said:
    axeljohan said:
    matt84 said:
    Might not have a choice if that's the terms of their insurance after the cancellation claim. Would explain why there was no Amsterdam etc on this euro tour 
    That was why I said it.
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,099
    Hopefully, if insurance restrictions are an issue it's determined by distance rather than country. Scotland and/or Leeds could then be on the cards!
    'F*** the pessimists. F*** 'em.' Eddie Vedder
    Coop live was decent
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,512
    Leeds was the best venue I've been to. Also Manchester was just like the 02 so London can be missed no problem. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 836
    I'm about to book my flight to Barcelona, so it is 100% on me if I curse the situation and they cancel.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,512
    kaw753 said:
    I'm about to book my flight to Barcelona, so it is 100% on me if I curse the situation and they cancel.
    You are good have a great time
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    edited July 5
    there‘s a interesting (venue) drift in the topic here which lead to this…

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/303426/europe-tour-202x-best-biggest-non-arena-indoor-venues/p1?new=1
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,049
    Leeds was the best venue I've been to. Also Manchester was just like the 02 so London can be missed no problem. 
    No doubt, that was a hell of a night. Manchester was nice and a better venue overall I guess but for the music experience Leeds won hands down. Best venue in the country of that size
  • deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,476
    kaw753 said:
    Mike told someone show is on
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,534
    sdh8252 said:

You don’t really want to see Starc bowl 15 maiden overs at the MCG? (Greetings from NY by a lifelong mets fan ;) )

No 50% drop for Barcelona 1 so far.
    1:15 on showday.
    There‘s not too much emty space - if all remaining seats are visible.
    total unknown is how many tickets are sold for the floor - price still 164,50
    Showdate Barcelona 1
    8 a.m.
    no further drop 

edited July 6
    The Sale is ON!!!!!!!!!
    edit: or some prices hit „normal price“
    1:24 p.m.
    and the vanishing floor in Barcelona is back
    1€ is missing again (92€)
    Remember: floor is coming from 164,xx€ 

Post edited by D-Day on
    But the whole SALE is „hidden“ between lowest and top price…

The price and filter mess is still there
    Floor 164,50€ if you tap on it?!?!
    edited July 6
    Taped on block 222 - just before check out … nice price compared to before and probably the „normal price“ or even below that

Post edited by D-Day on
    I‘m curious how far the floor is packed today. 
    edited July 6

Total: 58-165€ (pic on top)
    cheapest: 58€ (mid)
    and 100-165€
    165€ must be the floor (164,50)
    edit: level 1 (123) is 166,50 and 
    Block 113 back there too.

Just was back at TM to find the „Evil Seat“ (431€) - part of hiding the scenario.

Looks really sorted now as filtered.

Is TM watching this thread like other people the setlist live thread?

Post edited by D-Day on
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,190

D-Day said:
    Just an Sniper View on Barcelona Saturday - filtered is the top end of the scala today Edit: Monday

Just remembered! 😉
    The Evil Seat Area
    edited July 6
             …166,50     …..60€
    Back of the arena - about 60 minutes before Stagetime in Barcelona on Saturday
    Post edited by D-Day on