albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,135
    I wanna see kings of leon :(
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,135
    I wanna see kings of leon :( 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Micheyb21Micheyb21 UK Posts: 244
    edited April 25
    deleted
    Post edited by Micheyb21 on
    2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
    2019 Dusseldorf & Dublin Ed Solo  
    2022 Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Vienna, Prague, Ams 1 & Ams 2
    2024 Manchester, London, Auckland & Sydney
  • Options
    texasistheSTEVENtexasistheSTEVEN Posts: 1,109
    beano.79 said:
    I do wonder how many people in this post that are saying the sound at Tottenham is shit have actually been to the stadium and arent just copying what they have read elsewhere online.

I saw GNR there and the sound was crystal clear and loud. The stadium was also sonically designed by U2s sound engineer who ensured that the noise created within the stadium stays in the stadium and doesn't float out. Maybe that was with football in mind but either way it's a loud stadium. When Spurs are playing and I go there every couple of weeks, it can get really loud in there. Better than I've heard in most other stadiums.

Of course it's not indoors so it'll never be the same but as a large outdoor stadium goes it's the best venue in London and probably the UK.

Pricing of this gig still sucks though, not denying that part.
    Were you standing for that show? I have concerns for the sound but only based on what I'm reading, I've never been to the stadium
    I was standing. Started by the sound desk and then over to the right near the halfway line due to popping out for drinks when GNR played new songs.

Sounded fine to my ears and very clear!
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    beano.79beano.79 Posts: 689
    beano.79 said:
    I do wonder how many people in this post that are saying the sound at Tottenham is shit have actually been to the stadium and arent just copying what they have read elsewhere online.

I saw GNR there and the sound was crystal clear and loud. The stadium was also sonically designed by U2s sound engineer who ensured that the noise created within the stadium stays in the stadium and doesn't float out. Maybe that was with football in mind but either way it's a loud stadium. When Spurs are playing and I go there every couple of weeks, it can get really loud in there. Better than I've heard in most other stadiums.

Of course it's not indoors so it'll never be the same but as a large outdoor stadium goes it's the best venue in London and probably the UK.

Were you standing for that show? I have concerns for the sound but only based on what I'm reading, I've never been to the stadium
    I was standing. Started by the sound desk and then over to the right near the halfway line due to popping out for drinks when GNR played new songs.

Leads to my next question nicely 😁 do they have bars set up outside around the edges or do you need to go back into the concourse? 
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,248
    Wembley arena has always just had harsh volume for many many years 
    Since PJ have seen maybe a dozen acts in Wembley Arena. QOTSA in 2013 is the only one who've had what I'd consider sub-par. Porcupine Tree a couple years ago one of the best sounds I've heard in an arena.
    So much depends on the effort (or lack of) put in by band and sound people during the soundcheck, whatever size the venue.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,065
    I've only been many years ago ..not since pj either so could be an old opinion 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    texasistheSTEVENtexasistheSTEVEN Posts: 1,109
    beano.79 said:
    beano.79 said:

Leads to my next question nicely 😁 do they have bars set up outside around the edges or do you need to go back into the concourse? 
    Its a brand new stadium (well 5 years now haha) so all of the concessions are on the concourse but there are 100s of them. Longest bar in the UK, amazing food options and it has its own Beavertown brewery in the stadium.

There are a ton of pubs near to the stadium as well as its bang in the middle of Tottenham and on match days that's where we all drink before games! 
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,725
    Nothing will ever be worse than the sound quality at Wembley Arena 2007 and I still loved that show. Provided it's loud enough so that you can't hear everyone around you chatting bollocks it's all somewhere on the spectrum of enjoyment.
    The best Long road version I ever saw......that was INSANE
  • Options
    rw160510rw160510 Posts: 913
    pdalowsky said:
    Nothing will ever be worse than the sound quality at Wembley Arena 2007 and I still loved that show. Provided it's loud enough so that you can't hear everyone around you chatting bollocks it's all somewhere on the spectrum of enjoyment.
    You are not wrong! Ed’s voice absolutely soared on that. It was an amazing show, brilliant crowd and performance. It was far and away the loudest I have ever heard them, by the time the show was over my ears were ruined and I was drenched but it was all worth it.
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:
    I am still raging that we never got a proper bootleg of that show. It was incredible. 
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,065
    Greatest 10c section ever
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,090
    ilockyer said:
    pdalowsky said:
    I am still raging that we never got a proper bootleg of that show. It was incredible. 
    Same here. It was such a fantastic show and it’s my only attended show with no bootleg. 
  • Options
    edited April 25
    ilockyer said:
    Since PJ have seen maybe a dozen acts in Wembley Arena. QOTSA in 2013 is the only one who've had what I'd consider sub-par. Porcupine Tree a couple years ago one of the best sounds I've heard in an arena.
    So much depends on the effort (or lack of) put in by band and sound people during the soundcheck, whatever size the venue.
    I was at the porcupine tree gig, wow what a sound. But then again, I saw them years ago at a smaller venue notorious for bad sound, they sounded incredible, almost unfair to use them as an example 😂
    Post edited by beano.79 on
  • Options
    Planet of SoundPlanet of Sound UK Posts: 345
    The Cure sounded perfect a couple of years ago at Wembley Arena, then again they nearly always do, must have a good team.
  • Options
    beano.79 said:
    ilockyer said:
    I was at the porcupine tree gig, wow what a sound. But then again, I saw them years ago at a smaller venue notorious for bad sound, they sounded incredible, almost unfair to use them as an example 😂
    Or an example to bands who can't be arsed to take their time and get things right?! 
  • Options
    Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 279
    drfox said:

ilockyer said:
    pdalowsky said:
    Same here. It was such a fantastic show and it’s my only attended show with no bootleg. 
    Yeah was a great show (even with crap sound where i was). Setlist was off the chain. I'm hoping it'll be a boot one day. The unofficial boot i have for it is pretty awful.
  • Options
    ilockyer said:
    beano.79 said:
    ilockyer said:
    Or an example to bands who can't be arsed to take their time and get things right?! 
    Yea exactly this.
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 349

I'm jealous of the Billie Eilish European tour 2025. Don't get me wrong. Not about the music. But of the great European concert halls where she will be performing. And especially that she announces it a year in advance. I would have liked Pearl Jam to play one or two of these concert halls in 2024. Even if they have performed in some venues before. The Royal Arena in Copenhagen. Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam. Uber Arena in Berlin. Lanxess Arena in Cologne. Those four alone would have had me jumping for joy for days if Pearl Jam had chosen them for 2024. And as a bonus, the Accor Arena in Paris or the UK concerts. OVO Hydro. O2. Co-op Live. What great locations.

• Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 409
    edited May 2
    I see nothing special about the arenas chose for Billie Eilish. Maybe a little bit with Ziggo, but I'll take PJ at Waldbühne over the newly named Uber Arena anyday.

Speaking of Berlin. 2 months to go and still TM is trying to sell tickets for tier 1 at premium prices, while tier 3 tickets were hardly sold. Sad. At least we don't have to worry that parts of the AC will fall on our heads.
    Post edited by axeljohan on
  • Options
    edited May 2
    I like the Waldbühne and the Wuhlheide too. But it's time for something new. We still have enough venues around here. For me, it's the other way around. I would have preferred the Lanxess Arena and the Uber Arena. Personal preference. And a Pearl Jam concert in an indoor amphitheater like OVO Hydro and the 3Arena must be pure enjoyment for you as a Waldbühne lover! They are somehow special.
    Post edited by Zen23 on
  • Options
    Muffin The MuleMuffin The Mule Amersham, Bucks Posts: 436
    Dublin golden circle are now over 30 Euros cheaper than last month...
    Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, London 8/7/22, London 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Dublin 22/6/24, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 
  • Options
    Dublin golden circle are now over 30 Euros cheaper than last month...
    They are now €10 cheaper than when they originally went on sale. 
  • Options
    edited May 2
    „Shows booked for Co-op Live's opening season were always planned to be at a lower capacity than the venue's full capacity of 23,500. Licensing documents confirmed that the average capacity for opening season will be 15,000.“

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/ao-arena-coop-live-gigs-29099019

This means that even the only European venue that looked like it would be reasonably sold out at the start of the tour is not sold out at all. Instead, it is operating at a reduced capacity. What a farce. 

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,162
    beano.79 said:
    ilockyer said:

Steven Wilson is a musical genius. Fans unfamiliar with Porcupine Tree or any of his solo albums, or any of his collaborations such as Storm Corrosion or Blackfield or perhaps ten other joint ventures are missing the best kept secret from American rock fans.
  • Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 409
    edited May 3
    Zen23 said:
    „Shows booked for Co-op Live's opening season were always planned to be at a lower capacity than the venue's full capacity of 23,500. Licensing documents confirmed that the average capacity for opening season will be 15,000.“

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/ao-arena-coop-live-gigs-29099019

This means that even the only European venue that looked like it would be reasonably sold out at the start of the tour is not sold out at all. Instead, it is operating at a reduced capacity. What a farce. 

Well, I am not saying that sales for the European tour are going great. But if the venue only allows to sell a reduced capacity and the band has nearly sold out all the available tickets, I don’t see an issue there.
  • Options
    beano.79 said:
    ilockyer said:

Steven Wilson is a musical genius. Fans unfamiliar with Porcupine Tree or any of his solo albums, or any of his collaborations such as Storm Corrosion or Blackfield or perhaps ten other joint ventures are missing the best kept secret from American rock fans.
    Absolutely... Incredible output from the guy, and such a rich and varied catalogue across all his bands/projects. 
  • Options
    edited May 3
    axeljohan said:
    Zen23 said:

Well, I am not saying that sales for the European tour are going great. But if the venue only allows to sell a reduced capacity and the band has nearly sold out all the available tickets, I don’t see an issue there.
    I agree with you on that. But again, it's a personal preference as to what you understand by "issue".

One reason I bought a ticket for this show is because I wanted to see Pearl Jam in front of 23,500 people. In a brand new, modern concert hall. Capacity played an important role for me. Not the only decisive one. But it was one of the reasons. I have a long journey ahead of me. I would have liked to have known about the reduced capacity in advance.

But I'm now used to the fact that nothing is communicated in advance on this tour. And if they do, it's usually wrong. As with the topic of "best seats in the house", the fees for resale, or advance information from Ticketmaster Support on how presale will work. Just to name a few.
    Post edited by Zen23 on
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,725
    Thats actually interesting to read as there has been a lot of talk about artists switching their shows across to the AO arena in Manchester - Take That being the first to make the move and I was wondering how on earth they could when the AO is smaller than the Co-Op. Its being billed as the biggest in the uk so I was scratching my head as to how sold out (or in our case a very nearly sold out) show could be moved to a smaller venue. Now we have the answer