Options

European Tour Sales = Desaster

Comments

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,367
    Also part of being in good financial standing is making smart decisions about what to buy.  I’ll spend today’s price for a good seat.  In my opinion there isn’t one good seat for a concert in a soccer stadium.  And for the record 160 pounds is over $200 US and over $270 Canadian.  Someone can confirm but I believe that makes London the most expensive standard price on the tour.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    All I know is that if I want to see a certain band badly enough, then I'll find a way to see them perform in a desirable setting/manner, even if it means paying as much as $500 a ticket.  I mean, my wife and I will be seeing Pearl Jam in Dublin this summer.  We're going to spend nine nights in Ireland and five nights in Scotland.  Considering that we'll probably be paying approximately $12K-$13K for the entire trip, the price for Pearl Jam tickets is really a "drop in the bucket" from a monetary perspective.  For what it's worth, our Golden Circle tickets for Dublin only cost about $160 each, which seems like quite a bargain to me.  Anyway, I wish the rest of you luck in your search for the proper set of circumstances to attend certain shows in the future.  
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 355
    How likely do you think it is that a show in Barcelona will be canceled? I'm still thinking about going to both. But I'm a bit unsure whether I should already book the train journey. The hotel can be canceled free of charge. But not the train ticket.
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,987
    Zen23 said:
    How likely do you think it is that a show in Barcelona will be canceled? I'm still thinking about going to both. But I'm a bit unsure whether I should already book the train journey. The hotel can be canceled free of charge. But not the train ticket.
    Barcelona night 1 will end close to sell out if not sell out by show time.

Barcelona night 2 wont be cancelled but it wont be sold out , it will be like katowice 2000 where they booked an extra night and it didnt sold very well at all and it ended up being one of best setlist ever.
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,028
    edited March 9
    Katowice 2 wasnt originally planned at all, it was added later when scheduled show in Budapest got cancelled. 

This happened about 2,5 weeks before the show
    Post edited by mrk2 on
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    ShibariShibari Posts: 14
    axeljohan said:
    they also rearranged in Düsseldorf back in 2007. Planned for the stadium, ended up in the arena. Great concert.
    The concert itself was actually fantastic. Organizationally, it was actually one of the worst concerts I've ever experienced and that's probably the reason why Pearl Jam only play in Berlin.
    The concert was originally planned for the then fairly new arena in Düsseldorf with around 55,000 seats. To my and obviously PJ's surprise, significantly fewer tickets were sold, even though they weren't yet working with these criminals from Ticketmaster at the time.
    The concert was moved to the then newly completed iss Dome. A place where, for example, there was no connection to local public transport at the time.
    The admission was catastrophic and so bad that the supporting bands played longer and to make matters worse, the fans in the room failed, so cups of ice cream were passed around at the time.

The concert itself was cool, but I understand why the band will never come to Düsseldorf again.

But a concert outside of Berlin would be nice.
  • Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 412
    I think that the original plan for Düsseldorf was to place the stage in the stadium so that something around 25k could come to the concert. 55k would have been way too big for them, especially since they played some festivals and other arena shows in Germany that summer.
  • Options
    HK103094HK103094 Posts: 28
    Shibari said:
    axeljohan said:
    they also rearranged in Düsseldorf back in 2007. Planned for the stadium, ended up in the arena. Great concert.
    The concert itself was actually fantastic. Organizationally, it was actually one of the worst concerts I've ever experienced and that's probably the reason why Pearl Jam only play in Berlin.
    The concert was originally planned for the then fairly new arena in Düsseldorf with around 55,000 seats. To my and obviously PJ's surprise, significantly fewer tickets were sold, even though they weren't yet working with these criminals from Ticketmaster at the time.
    The concert was moved to the then newly completed iss Dome. A place where, for example, there was no connection to local public transport at the time.
    The admission was catastrophic and so bad that the supporting bands played longer and to make matters worse, the fans in the room failed, so cups of ice cream were passed around at the time.

The concert itself was cool, but I understand why the band will never come to Düsseldorf again.

The concert in Frankfurt in 2022 was fantastic. Probably the best PJ-concert I have seen.
    2000 Oslo
    2007 Venezia
    2010 London
    2012 Oslo
    2014 Milano
    2018 Milano
    2018 Krakow
    2019 Barolo (Ed)
    2022 Berlin
    2022 Frankfurt
    2022 Krakow

• Options
    ShibariShibari Posts: 14
    HK103094 said:
    Shibari said:
    axeljohan said:

The concert in Frankfurt in 2022 was fantastic. Probably the best PJ-concert I have seen.
    ich komme gern nach frankfurt, für ein pearl jam konzert oder für die galaxy.
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    All I know is that if I want to see a certain band badly enough, then I'll find a way to see them perform in a desirable setting/manner, even if it means paying as much as $500 a ticket.  I mean, my wife and I will be seeing Pearl Jam in Dublin this summer.  We're going to spend nine nights in Ireland and five nights in Scotland.  Considering that we'll probably be paying approximately $12K-$13K for the entire trip, the price for Pearl Jam tickets is really a "drop in the bucket" from a monetary perspective.  For what it's worth, our Golden Circle tickets for Dublin only cost about $160 each, which seems like quite a bargain to me.  Anyway, I wish the rest of you luck in your search for the proper set of circumstances to attend certain shows in the future.  
    12k $ for a two week trip?! 🤯 I sure hope you‘ll have the time of your life for that amount of money 
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,986
    JPPJ84 said:
    12k $ for a two week trip?! 🤯 I sure hope you‘ll have the time of your life for that amount of money 
    I think this discussion has reached new lows if we’re now discussing a $12k two week trip in relation to a ‘proper set of circumstances’ to see a music concert. 

My whole perceptions of what I thought this band and community was about has changed so much over the past few weeks. I think I need to take a break from this forum and just concentrate on looking forward to the shows I have booked. 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,987
    edited March 10
    Wife and i are doing glasgow on the 25th and 26th to see green day and the killers and then london,berlin both nights and barcelona both nights( all PJ) all this was around 4500€/5000€ with hotels,flights and plane tickets
  • Options
    Yeah, we've already paid $4,100 for airfare, but that also includes short flights between Ireland and Scotland. The hotels for 16 nights will be a total of $3,400. Thus, by the time we add money for the Dublin concert tickets, we'll be up to about $8K. Of course, that doesn't include money for food, drinks, souvenirs, etcetera. I mean, we'll actually be spending 16 nights in Europe. Those types of trips aren't cheap. We've spent a lot of years furthering our careers and raising our children, so it's time to splurge a little on ourselves. 🥑 
  • Options
    JimFletcherPearlJamJimFletcherPearlJam Posts: 328
    edited March 10
    Our trip to Ireland and Scotland isn't just about attending a Pearl Jam concert. That'll be one of the highlights for sure, but I think my wife is most looking forward to taking a train through the Scottish Highlands. We're going to have a blast! 
    Post edited by JimFletcherPearlJam on
  • Options
    For people on this forum who think that $12K for a European vacation is outlandish, they should know that our 19-year-old twins are in college, and we spend about $7,500 each month they're living on campus (living expenses and tuition/fees). Taking that into consideration, the aforementioned 16-day vacation for my wife and myself seems fairly inexpensive. 
  • Options
    I've wanted to see Pearl Jam in Ireland really badly for at least a decade. I have an affinity for Irish citizens. I think they're funny, friendly, and have the best accent. It's a convergence of several or more things for us. 
  • Options
    JimFletcherPearlJamJimFletcherPearlJam Posts: 328
    edited March 10
    After the Dublin show, I think the only other place I really "need" to see Pearl Jam will be at Jazzfest in New Orleans. I think I'll essentially be good just listening to their music at home or in the car after that. 🥑 
    Post edited by JimFletcherPearlJam on
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,792
    You sure are going through an extensive process of self-rationalization.

You okay?
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    I am. We're really stoked, and we're glad that we're not bringing the kids along on this trip. 
  • Options
    I hope to make some new friends on our trip. We'll see how that works out. ☘️ 
  • Options
    Tjm007Tjm007 Posts: 157
    JPPJ84 said:
    I’d pay $12k not to go to Ireland .
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 841
    What you stay in Ballymun and get white vanned by a couple of knackers on your way to shopping at JD Sports and Penneys?
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,367
    I figured out what a desaster is.  It’s the plural of disaster in some hybrid of French and English.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,251
    Le desaster
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    MoonpigMoonpig Posts: 659
    Tjm007 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    I’d pay $12k not to go to Ireland .
    Good to know, will I dm you my bank details?

In all honesty you would likely be doing us all.a favor by not coming to Ireland so I'll accept half your offer.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,251
    Ireland is beautiful 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 889
    edited March 10
    Honestly good. Sorry if I’m still bitter about how 10c handles their tickets..wish the US show sales would’ve fallen flat too. 
    Still on the fence if I even re new 10c this summer. Haven’t benefited from being a member for 3-4 tours now, except with the last row in the UC last year. 
    If they expect people, their biggest fans, to rely so heavily on F2F, why do they even have the fan club anymore. 
    Post edited by tylermoore on
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,229
    JPPJ84 said:
    That strikes you as a lot for 2 people taking a 2 week vacation in Europe?
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    pjl44 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    That strikes you as a lot for 2 people taking a 2 week vacation in Europe?
    Sure does
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,480
    For people on this forum who think that $12K for a European vacation is outlandish, they should know that our 19-year-old twins are in college, and we spend about $7,500 each month they're living on campus (living expenses and tuition/fees). Taking that into consideration, the aforementioned 16-day vacation for my wife and myself seems fairly inexpensive. 
    Nice to be wealthy