Options

European Tour Sales = Desaster

Comments

• Options
    kramerica4kramerica4 Posts: 282
    How are sales doing for Dublin, Manchester, London and Barcelona?
    Berlin tickets are moving very slowly, not mich sold during the last days / weeks. For both nights, there are still thousands of tickets left.
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,277
    pdalowsky said:
    For sure, the massive increases in costs of hotels, and travel this time around have not helped. I was dead set on Dublin, two things ultimately killed the idea.....too many people telling me of the nightmare that is that venue, and the cost of accommodation for one night. It made no sense to make the trip. The ticket cost was a very small part in the bigger picture overall.

If it was at the arena, I would have been 100% in regardless. But the fact the park has sold out means it was a smart move to play there. 
    I planned to go to Dublin as well, doing Dublin and Berlin, but changed my mind and doing Berlin & Barcelona. Now I do 3 flights and 4 shows instead of 4 flights and 3 shows.  Flying Gothenburg-Berlin-Barca-Gothenburg.  
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,361
    pdalowsky said:
    For sure, the massive increases in costs of hotels, and travel this time around have not helped. I was dead set on Dublin, two things ultimately killed the idea.....too many people telling me of the nightmare that is that venue, and the cost of accommodation for one night. It made no sense to make the trip. The ticket cost was a very small part in the bigger picture overall.

If it was at the arena, I would have been 100% in regardless. But the fact the park has sold out means it was a smart move to play there. 
    I planned to go to Dublin as well, doing Dublin and Berlin, but changed my mind and doing Berlin & Barcelona. Now I do 3 flights and 4 shows instead of 4 flights and 3 shows.  Flying Gothenburg-Berlin-Barca-Gothenburg.  
    Have a great time mate
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,129
    Berlin tickets are moving very slowly, not mich sold during the last days / weeks. For both nights, there are still thousands of tickets left.
    Similar to before. Dublin appears sold out. Manchester only has some of the nosebleed seats at the back and some Ticketmaster platinum seats / standing remaining. London and Barcelona are a different story and have swathes of unsold tickets 
  • Options
    Thinking the new ticket strategy for the Waldbuhne could be partly blamed for the poor sales (as well as the Euros etc).. Previously everyone was GA and you chose where you stood / sat (until the lower section was full). By having reserved seating, people who buy those remaining tickets know they are in the worse seats, so may be reluctant to buy, whereas before they still have a chance of a good seat if they got there early 
  • Options
    drfox said:
    Similar to before. Dublin appears sold out. Manchester only has some of the nosebleed seats at the back and some Ticketmaster platinum seats / standing remaining. London and Barcelona are a different story and have swathes of unsold tickets 
    How many people does the Dublin venue hold?
  • Options
    Muffin The MuleMuffin The Mule Amersham, Bucks Posts: 440
    The Dublin capacity is 40,000.

There are still Golden Circle tickets available, debating whether to bite the bullet and fork out EUR 225.
    Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, London 8/7/22, London 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Dublin 22/6/24, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 
  • Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 414
    drfox said:
    Thinking the new ticket strategy for the Waldbuhne could be partly blamed for the poor sales (as well as the Euros etc).. Previously everyone was GA and you chose where you stood / sat (until the lower section was full). By having reserved seating, people who buy those remaining tickets know they are in the worse seats, so may be reluctant to buy, whereas before they still have a chance of a good seat if they got there early 
    True. But specific seats mean that they can charge even more for Premium-tickets. 

If they want to get close to sold-out nights they have to reduce the tickets for the 3rd tier around the release date of the album. 
  • Options
    axeljohan said:
    drfox said:
    True. But specific seats mean that they can charge even more for Premium-tickets. 

If they want to get close to sold-out nights they have to reduce the tickets for the 3rd tier around the release date of the album. 
    Platinium seats are almost sold out.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,013
    axeljohan said:
    drfox said:

Platinium seats are almost sold out.
    Until the next wave drops. 

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,013
    I was most excited to go to Barcelona out of all the rumoured shows a couple of months ago. 

Flights were at a great price but I could not pull the trigger until they officially announced. Now flights are out of my price range and all they are doing is going up. If they do not drop to a reasonable rate again we will not be making the trip sadly. 

I am sure the percentage of people flying across the pond is a small amount for Europe this year with a lengthy USA tour happening as well but it is one example of someone that would have bought tickets last December if they had announced then rather do this "world tour" announcement. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    I was most excited to go to Barcelona out of all the rumoured shows a couple of months ago. 

Flights were at a great price but I could not pull the trigger until they officially announced. Now flights are out of my price range and all they are doing is going up. If they do not drop to a reasonable rate again we will not be making the trip sadly. 

I am sure the percentage of people flying across the pond is a small amount for Europe this year with a lengthy USA tour happening as well but it is one example of someone that would have bought tickets last December if they had announced then rather do this "world tour" announcement. 
    It’s impacted people travelling to Barcelona from the U.K. as well. The flight costs were a lot higher in Feb than in Dec so, whilst there are still quite a lot of us travelling, there are fewer than who would have travelled on the 2022 tour.
  • Options
    mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 865
    I wonder why they never give Lisbon a non festival show.  They sold out 55,000 easily.  
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,181
    London tickets in TM account 
  • Options
    Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 280
    Yep got mine too
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,122
    Got my London tickets as well. 
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,361
    GlowGirl said:
    I hope to fuck I will be there
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,001
    got mine aswell!!

mikesbri said:
    I wonder why they never give Lisbon a non festival show.  They sold out 55,000 easily.  
    pretty simple answer unfortunally.

as long as pearl jam continues to tour europe in the summer , portugal will always have a festival date , because the promoter (everything is new) has a huge festival (arguibly the biggest one in the country NOS Alive) happening (usually) in the 2nd week of july.

i would love for a non festival date in either the place where NOS alive is(and i believe they could sold that 2 nights there with ease) but if you think like a promoter , its cheaper for him to book the band in the festival than two nights at MEO Arena(which holds around 20k) or like the place where NOS alive is.

The last time PJ played a non festival date here was September 2006 in MEO Arena and we were the only country with a double date in that european tour. 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,122
    GlowGirl said:
    Me too!!
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,765
    Looks like my 'not so little boy' fancies heading to London so I'll be in the market for another front standing ticket if anyone has one to offload between now and then
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,396
    just_one said:
    got mine aswell!!

mikesbri said:

as long as pearl jam continues to tour europe in the summer , portugal will always have a festival date , because the promoter (everything is new) has a huge festival (arguibly the biggest one in the country NOS Alive) happening (usually) in the 2nd week of july.

i would love for a non festival date in either the place where NOS alive is(and i believe they could sold that 2 nights there with ease) but if you think like a promoter , its cheaper for him to book the band in the festival than two nights at MEO Arena(which holds around 20k) or like the place where NOS alive is.

The last time PJ played a non festival date here was September 2006 in MEO Arena and we were the only country with a double date in that european tour. 
    Those two shows in 2006 were my first proper tour shows and they were truly magical. 
    If they went back and did non-festival shows in Lisbon I'd be there in a heartbeat. 
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    edited March 28
    The Rock said:
    just_one said:
    got mine aswell!!

mikesbri said:

Those two shows in 2006 were my first proper tour shows and they were truly magical. 
    If they went back and did non-festival shows in Lisbon I'd be there in a heartbeat. 
    i´ve seen hundreds and hundreds of shows in my life time(both in and out of the country) and those 2 nights in sep 4th and 5th 2006 in Lisbon were without any shadow of a doubt the best shows i´ve ever seen.
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,251
    Just seen an advert video pop up between stories on Insta for the Manchester and London shows. Don't recall ever seeing anything like this for PJ before... but then we usually are sold out at this point. 
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    beano.79beano.79 Posts: 701
    edited March 28
    GlowGirl said:
    Just seen on Facebook that any uk pre-orders on the album have been entered to win tickets to london.. also a no purchase necessary option

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/XBENsuCbaVSdJr9z/
    Post edited by beano.79 on
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,468
    Once again the band isn’t economically exposed to whether it sells out.  They get their fee regardless.  If a European promoter offers them more money than an American promoter, they make more money regardless of low ticket sales in Europe compared to higher ticket sales in America.  

What doesn’t make sense is why a European promoter would get themselves into a financial problem, but that isn’t per se the band’s problem.  And once again, again, the promoter might do just fine selling less than all the tickets for a high price compared to selling all the tickets for a low price.  
    The band doesn't lose money directly on these particular shows due to poor sales but it will affect what they get on future tours 
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,675
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Me too!!
    Make us 2!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    sections 322.323,451,452,452,324,325 in London just either got sold because there arent any tickets available for those places.

price decrease incoming maybe?
  • Options
    JoostoneJoostone Posts: 231
    just_one said:
    sections 322.323,451,452,452,324,325 in London just either got sold because there arent any tickets available for those places.

You can still buy tickets for those sections. I'm checking every couple of days, and it looks like slowly this is selling. Still almost three months to show date, maybe it will come close to being sold out...
    PJ: Pinkpop 2000, Sydney I/II/III 2003, Adelaide 2003, Arnhem 2006, Antwerp 2006, Berlin 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Nijmegen 2007, Werchter 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Amsterdam I/II 2012, Amsterdam I/II 2014, Amsterdam I/II 2018, Pinkpop 2018, Werchter 2018, Pinkpop 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022.
    EV: Amsterdam II 2012, Amsterdam I/III 2017, Amsterdam I 2019
    Brad: Zoetermeer & Utrecht 2013
    Soundgarden: Pinkpop 2012, Amsterdam 2013, Utrecht 2014
  • Options
    It will be interesting to see if there will be a sales boost for the shows where tickets are selling poorly (Berlin, Barcelona, London) after the album is released.
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 369
    just_one said:

Ticketmaster has completely withdrawn these large parts of the Tottenham South Stand from sale. Already three to four days ago. The seats will soon reappear at a lower price. Hardly any of them have sold.