Options

European Tour Sales = Desaster

Comments

• Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 423
    edited April 3
    just_one said:
    Zen23 said:
    Shitty communication in advance. You can't rely on a single word. This is the first and last time I have taken part in a Ten Club Presale.
    great , more chances in the future! i understand the complains but some of you seems to just like to complain for the lack of it
    Sure. But I am really amazed how many things go wrong this time. Buying via 10c always came with down-sides in the past: Paying more than normal tickets (due to converion rates), having to buy two, having to collect them on the day of the concert. But those were clearly communicated and were outweighted by the plus-sides: getting tickets easy and for the best tickets in the house.

Things changed and I understand that. But the lack of communication from 10c about this is frustrating.

But to end on a positive note: the concerts will be great and I am happy that I scored GA tickets for both nights via 10c.  
    Post edited by axeljohan on
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,005
    just_one said:
    Zen23 said:
    Shitty communication in advance. You can't rely on a single word. This is the first and last time I have taken part in a Ten Club Presale.
    great , more chances in the future! i understand the complains but some of you seems to just like to complain for the lack of it
    They did get pretty screwed over with the seat locations in Berlin. You have to give them that at least. 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,460
    just_one said:
    Zen23 said:
    great , more chances in the future! 
    Why be like this
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,262
    axeljohan said:
    just_one said:
    Zen23 said:
    Sure. But I am really amazed how many things go wrong this time. Buying via 10c always came with down-sides in the past: Paying more than normal tickets (due to converion rates), having to buy two, having to collect them on the day of the concert. But those were clearly communicated and were outweighted by the plus-sides: getting tickets easy and for the best tickets in the house.

Things changed and I understand that. But the lack of communication from 10c about this is frustrating.

But to end on a positive note: the concerts will be great and I am happy that I scored GA tickets for both nights via 10c.  
    There's not really a lot for 10C to communicate, other than when the pre-sale was taking place. They've contracted it out to Ticketmaster, so everything else isn't really a 10C issue any more. 

You'll have an amazing time, Berlin is a great city. 
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,652
    I posted the manchester GA pair - hope I get paid was a rather lengthy process to get verified and said would take 2-3 days - I'm based in US.
    Looks 1 tik of the 2 sold but still trying to figure out how to get paid - waiting on TM UK.

SHOW COUNT: (152) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=92, US=112, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    edited April 3
    Well, the location of the 10c-seats and the question of early entry is something 10c should communicate about, since those are / were the perks of the membership. (Actually, 10c said about the 10c-seats, that those won’t be view obstructed. We will know in July about that)

Also 10c should care if their business partner lies about the existence of additional resale-fees. 

But you are right about Berlin, will be my first 10/11th time seeing them there. 

Post edited by axeljohan on
  • Options
    retroretro Posts: 116
    same fees on Eventim fansale

• Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 396
    The large parts of the Tottenham South Stand that Ticketmaster has completely withdrawn from sale some days ago are back for 91 GBP. 
  • Options
    AF258596AF258596 Posts: 14
    I until witing to see in m my app ticketmaster tickets to Barcelona or some info of 10c or ticketmaster about this.. 
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,565
    Looks like early entry for Barcelona floor
  • Options
    Jamer196Jamer196 Posts: 355
    Barcelona tickets being delivered, received N1.
    F2F for Barcelona is also Open
  • Options
    fl247556fl247556 Posts: 278
    Same. Good surprise for early entry !
    freddie vedder
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,819
    fl247556 said:
    Same. Good surprise for early entry !
    Can't help but think it will eventually apply to all shows too
  • Options
    AF258596AF258596 Posts: 14
    Right now i got in the app the ticket Barcelona! 
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,593
    Wow, this article from 2023 didn't age well....

Pearl Jam Announce More US Tour Dates, With “Fairly Priced Tickets”

https://www.stereogum.com/2221122/pearl-jam-tour-dates-ticket-policy/news/
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    rossmac78rossmac78 London Posts: 7
    pdalowsky said:
    rossmac78 said:
    I've put two front standing tickets for London up for resale. I'm still going, but two mates have bailed! 
    Are they tenclub bought ones? I am going to be in the market for one ticket and just worried that they might add early entry still - so i want to buy one 10c bought one just in case. I know its unlikely 
    Sorry, just saw this. They sold pretty quickly, but no they were regular sale tickets as I couldn't find any front standing through 10c
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,401
    I emailed 10c to ask about early entry and they just replied with this:

Hello Ross,

Thanks for emailing the Ten Club!

We don't have any answers on early entry for any of the venues yet. Once the show date is closer, you will receive an email with what you need to know to attend the show, which will include any early access information.

Thank you,

Ten Club
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    Reading many of the comments on here reminds me of the Saturday Night Live skit involving Doug and Wendy Whiner.  =) 
  • Options
    Got a response from Ticketmaster Germany about the additional re-sale fees: unfortunately the information about no additional fees the re-seller and buyer was a mistake. There are no additional fees only for the re-seller, they will correct the info asap.

Ah, well.
  • Options
    Ah yes, these little mistakes upon mistakes.
  • Options
    retroretro Posts: 116
    Nice mistake... =)

• Options
    BigReddBigRedd Posts: 58
    retro said:
    Nice mistake... =)

What a crock of shit. 

• Options
    sdh8252sdh8252 Birmingham, UK Posts: 13

I actually signed up to post the comment.  Pearl Jam are my favourite band after Nirvana (my true musical love along with the Beatles); this might be a long rambling post and I apologise in advance.

In terms of concert history, I first got to see PJ at Manchester Arena in 2000, they never seemed to play too many shows in the UK. It was incredible and I bought the associated CD (what other band does that!); next gig was their headlining set at Leeds Festival in 2006 (which I think was their first festival performance since Roskilde); this was truly amazing and Elderly Woman was a breath-taking highlight. I was right near the front and saw first hand how caring and empathetic Eddie is.

Next time was London Hyde Park in 2010; a legendary gig (they are popular in the UK you know); the whole gig is on YouTube if you care to indulge yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCO6dZgigCY&t=3538s

Then was 2014 in Milton Keynes, I’ve read on here this concert was priced too high and was half empty, I remember it being an amazing a show and pretty full (was a bad location to get back home though); never seen such an inadequate train station so packed.

The subsequent gig was not until the recent Hyde Park gig in 2022; I only went on the Saturday due to work commitments, and it was such an amazing atmosphere.  Johnny Marr was great; the Stereophonics played their hits; the weather was scorching (for England): Baba O’Riley at the end was a memory for life.

I also went to the Tottenham Stadium last year for the RHCP gig.  I’m not a massive Chili Peppers fan but the gig fell on my birthday, I was in block 304 and it cost me & a friend £1200 for our two tickets, looking at the comparative price for the PJ gig you can get the same seat for £157. Now I know they’ve massively overpriced this European tour and the poor sales clearly reflect that.  However, if you bought those seats for that price honestly it is a steal.  The Spurs stadium is brand new & amazing, you would be in the hospitality section with easy access to a bar and first-class facilities, I recall the sound quality for the show being ok too.  In terms of seeing Pearl Jam over RHCP, you also get to see one of the most underrated guitarists in Mike McCready play his Strat (I’m a massive guitar nerd; anyone bought his signature model?) as opposed to the most overrated Strat player ever in John Frusciante.  For the PJ concert I’ve incidentaly paid £1100 for two hospitality tickets with food and unlimted drink included and we’re in the Tunnel Club on the halfway line (block 001); I honestly thought getting tickets would be tough so opted for hospitality in advance of them going on sale, I should've waited looking back. It should still be a great day regardless we’re going to the new Gibson Shop in Oxford Street, then further guitar shopping in Denmark Street prior to heading to the gig for many drinks and PJ, I can’t wait!

I hope they sort this concert out though, as I don’t want to see them in a half empty stadium with the stage near the halfway line. Looking at the Ticketmaster website today here are still thousands of unsold seats.  Ticketmaster need to drop the South Stand tickets to circa £50 and hope the damage isn’t already done with demand for the show.  Playing the same day as Green Day at Wembley and on Glastonbury weekend is a scheduling shocker.  I’m seeing Foo Fighters on the Thursday in Birmingham, and a lot of my friends couldn’t do both gigs due to family commitments/money and those shows are two days apart!  I also nearly bought tickets for Green Day prior to the PJ tour being announced as I love their new album and Dookie was one of the albums of my youth. So can imagine a lot of UK based PJ fans already had tickets for Green Day.

A couple of side notes to bear in mind for those attending the Tottenham Stadium; it is in the middle of nowhere in North London; my advice is to get the overground train from Liverpool Street to White Hart Lane as traffic is a nightmare heading there from central London and the tube station is quite a distance.

Also why do Pearl Jam never play Birmingham (my hometown); we’re England’s 2nd city not Manchester, the last time Pearl Jam played Birmingham was 1992 in a tiny city centre bar!  If they played Birmingham arena, I suspect it would already be sold out even at £160 a ticket!

• Options
    Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 281
    edited April 6
    Yeah weird they don't play Brum. 2 big decent arenas there. Middle of the country. Far preferable to London really. Guess it's not so good for air traffic.
  • Options
    Do any of you have any idea why tickets in London have already been taken off sale and subsequently reduced in price several times while in Barcelona nothing is happening at all and tickets in level 2 for example, still cost €165? The seating plan for the second night still looks very depressing.
  • Options
    Zen23 said:
    Do any of you have any idea why tickets in London have already been taken off sale and subsequently reduced in price several times while in Barcelona nothing is happening at all and tickets in level 2 for example, still cost €165? The seating plan for the second night still looks very depressing.
    Lets hope the album gives ticket sales surge
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,262
    Zen23 said:

They've only dropped the prices a couple of times in the back (South) stand, and they are still way above what they will need to be to sell IMO. They've pulled and reinstated blocks several times, at the same prices, to try and increase demand/FOMO by making it appear there are less tickets available. 
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,556
    Spurs will never sell out. No way
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    smile6680smile6680 Posts: 355
    just_one said:
    Zen23 said:
    great , more chances in the future! 
    Why be like this
    +1
  • Options
    Spurs will never sell out. No way
    Yeah i sense its very unlikely, Im not convinced manchester will fully sell out never mind London..

Just hope it gets a good surge or its going to look horrible