Options

European Tour Sales = Desaster

Comments

• Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,987
    some upper seats in london were sold , not bad. maybe it will start to move a bit
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 608
    edited March 15
    Seats will sell if the album is good. I originally passed on Green Day at Manchester because I’m trying to be a bit more selective with the gigs I attend to try and not spend as much money as I usually do. However, I absolutely love the new album so will be trying to get a standing ticket for the show. And that’s all because I want to hear the new songs live.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,740
    BF25394 said:
    pdalowsky said:
    no Glastonbury for PJ. thank god Glastonbury 2024 line-up poster
    or anything good at all really......
    Dua Lipa is great. She puts out one fantastic single after another.
    I know she has a lot of fans, but she ain't my cup of tea. 
  • Options
    matt84 said:
    Seats will sell if the album is good. I originally passed on Green Day at Manchester because I’m trying to be a bit more selective with the gigs I attend to try and not spend as much money as I usually do. However, I absolutely love the new album so will be trying to get a standing ticket for the show. And that’s all because I want to hear the new songs live.
    Tis a fantastic record, although I do wonder how much of it they will play considering they have the full dookie and american idiots records to get through as well as the usual random hits
  • Options
    edited March 15
    pdalowsky said:
    matt84 said:
    Tis a fantastic record, although I do wonder how much of it they will play considering they have the full dookie and american idiots records to get through as well as the usual random hits
    dookie is around 35mins only , american idiot is around 1hour , they will play more 50mins/1hour of the new album and some other songs from other albums.

would love to hear The American Dream Is Killing Me , Dilemma , Goodnight Adeline, Strange Days Are Here to Stay from the new album though and then some deep cuts from insomniac and nimrod like stuck with me or uptight or scattered. Deadbeat Holiday or church on sunday from warning would be amazing
    Post edited by just_one on
  • Options
    just_one said:
    pdalowsky said:
    matt84 said:
    dookie is around 35mins only , american idiot is around 1hour , they will play more 50mins/1hour of the new album and some other songs from other albums.

would love to hear The American Dream Is Killing Me , Dilemma , Goodnight Adeline, Strange Days Are Here to Stay from the new album though and then some deep cuts from insomniac and nimrod like stuck with me or uptight or scattered. Deadbeat Holiday or church on sunday from warning would be amazing
    I wished for years and years GD would remember that they wrote church on sunday
  • Options
    AF258596AF258596 Posts: 14
    I buy ticket on 10c to barcelona and still can't see in my app ticketmaster, is it normal? When i going to see? thanks friends

• Options
    stuessystuessy Posts: 30
    AF258596 said:
    I buy ticket on 10c to barcelona and still can't see in my app ticketmaster, is it normal? When i going to see? thanks friends

yes.
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/301579/still-havent-received-barcelona-10c-tickets-july-6#latest
  • Options
    AF258596 said:

starting april 1st it seems
  • Options
    Zen23 said:
    pdalowsky said:
    just checked the Uk ticket sales, and all considered they are definitely not a disaster. The few tickets left for Manchester are clearly no longer moving but there isnt really a great deal available in there now. 

London is doing fairly well apart from the upper tier facing the stage. That is of course if the graphics are accurate. 
    Don't be fooled by the Ticketmaster graphic for London. It's not just the upper tier behind the goal line. Large parts of the lower tier have been removed from sale for the time being. Take a look at sections 248 to 260 in the lower tier. Areas with blue dots are separated from areas with gray dots symmetrically and precisely as if with a scalpel.
    Dont forget that these seats may be 10c Tickets. Symmetry would also be logic
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,710
    Zen23 said:
    pdalowsky said:
    just checked the Uk ticket sales, and all considered they are definitely not a disaster. The few tickets left for Manchester are clearly no longer moving but there isnt really a great deal available in there now. 

London is doing fairly well apart from the upper tier facing the stage. That is of course if the graphics are accurate. 
    Don't be fooled by the Ticketmaster graphic for London. It's not just the upper tier behind the goal line. Large parts of the lower tier have been removed from sale for the time being. Take a look at sections 248 to 260 in the lower tier. Areas with blue dots are separated from areas with gray dots symmetrically and precisely as if with a scalpel.
    Those seats could be left out because they are lower tier and in line with the lighting towers. Same for seats in line with mixing desk
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 355
    Being a loyal Ten Club member with the promise of being put on the "best seats in the house" and then ending up on the South Stand for £160 - that would hurt my little heart. But interesting topic you raise. Do you or anyone else know what seating areas Ten Club members were put in? I haven't read anything about it yet. 
  • Options
    Kearn5y said:
    Zen23 said:
    pdalowsky said:

Those seats could be left out because they are lower tier and in line with the lighting towers. Same for seats in line with mixing desk
    Perhaps a mixture of everything. With the Chili Peppers there were also a few gaps, but there were definitely more areas on sale than now with Pearl Jam. It can't be down to the speaker towers alone.

• Options
    Zen23 said:
    Kearn5y said:
    Zen23 said:
    pdalowsky said:

Perhaps a mixture of everything. With the Chili Peppers there were also a few gaps, but there were definitely more areas on sale than now with Pearl Jam. It can't be down to the speaker towers alone.

Probably right. Often when a show sells out, these areas are sometimes sold as production seats with possible restricted view.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Nick cave and the bad seeds uk arena tour on sale this week 

seats 50-100 gbp 
    standing 70-80 gbp 

just got a presale standing for leeds

suspect if pj pricing was similar would have sold out 

(Cue all the excuses etc) 

• Options
    Berlin seats are coming down in price. Same for both nights.

Kearnsy
  • Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 412
    The two sections on the outside were reduced at the evening when the sale started. Hence, a good chunk of those sections are sold.

they added more sections to the low pricing at this weekend. And sold less than 100 tickets per night. It’s a long way to get Berlin sold out on both nights.
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,107
    Think I’ve given up all hope now for another Manchester show. Not going to happen. A shame 
  • Options
    drfox said:
    Think I’ve given up all hope now for another Manchester show. Not going to happen. A shame 
    oh yeah dont lose sleep over it , its not happenning.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,229

seats 50-100 gbp 
    standing 70-80 gbp 

Thank you for the observation that tickets sell faster when priced lower
  • Options
    pjl44 said:

seats 50-100 gbp 
    standing 70-80 gbp 

Thank you for the observation that tickets sell faster when priced lower
    You’re welcome. Appropriate to the thread/title and shows at least in Europe Pj prices well out of whack.
  • Options
    IJustWantedLukinIJustWantedLukin Melbourne, Australia Posts: 24
    I am curious as to why golden circle tickets for berlin were 175, and then the worst seats in the joint at the back were also initially 175 (now 125 it seems). why would they be the same price??

also to note, the demand in Australia was so high that two 50k stadium shows sold out and so we've got two nights in melbourne and sydney. meanwhile, struggling to fill anything out in europe. moral = go to places you haven't been for a while.

and lower the damn price 
    Eí per noi un piacere augurarvi insieme
    Ai R.E.M. un buon cetriolo
  • Options
    cloudsnmarscloudsnmars Switzerland (for now) But from Aotearoa Posts: 113

seats 50-100 gbp 
    standing 70-80 gbp 

Yeah, Got a ticket to Nick also.. a respectable 93.- for the floor.If Nick can do these prices , so should PJ. 
  • Options

seats 50-100 gbp 
    standing 70-80 gbp 

Yeah, Got a ticket to Nick also.. a respectable 93.- for the floor.If Nick can do these prices , so should PJ. 

seats 50-100 gbp 
    standing 70-80 gbp 

Is nick a LiveNation artist?
  • Options
    BenzBenz Posts: 117
    Today got tickets for Dua Lipa (for my Daughter) which is a much bigger act here at the moment. Same location (Berlin Waldbühne) and the prices where 93€ for seats and 120€ for inner circle standing. I do not get why PJ cannot do this.
    Also no reserved seating.

• Options
    edited March 21
    Bands like Foo Fighters and Green Day are also better known here in Germany and Europe, more popular with the masses and attract more fans. And how much did the tickets for Green Day in the GelreDome Arnhem cost, for example? 70 euros for great seats.

Yes, this is a place of free expression. But at this point we can also simply state that 175 euros especially for the upper tier of the Walbühne Berlin is completely absurd. 
    Post edited by Zen23 on
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 336
    Zen23 said:
    Bands like Foo Fighters and Green Day are also better known here in Germany and Europe, more popular with the masses and attract more fans. And how much did the tickets for Green Day in the GelreDome Arnhem cost, for example? 70 euros for great seats.

Yes, this is a place of free expression. But at this point we can also simply state that 175 euros especially for the upper tier of the Walbühne Berlin is completely absurd. 
    ALL about the ticket price, thats it………

Barcelona 2018 sold out in minutes, Berlin ‘22 was sold out in a few days?, and their ‘22 London BST was the fastest sellout yet, thats why one was added. Festival Schmestival, the ticket sales were for PJ. 
    This is ALL about the price, i’m sure a lesson has been learned. 
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 336
    Haijay said:
    Zen23 said:

ALL about the ticket price, thats it………

Barcelona 2018 sold out in minutes, Berlin ‘22 was sold out in a few days?, and their ‘22 London BST was the fastest sellout yet, thats why one was added. Festival Schmestival, the ticket sales were for PJ. 
    This is ALL about the price, i’m sure a lesson has been learned. 
    Sorry, 2020 was the BST onsale, of course
  • Options
    For me PJ are still worthy of these prices, I know its subjective, but there isnt another band on the planet Id rather see. 

I know I'll go home buzzing - and continue so for many days after. 

I cant wait for June. 
  • Options
    edited March 22
    Just so there are no misunderstandings. I am not providing the following statistics to make fun of the European sales figures. I go to some of these concerts myself, or plan to. I would therefore be delighted if they were sold out. On the other hand, I think it's good that the fans have sent out a signal that a point has been reached that they can no longer tolerate. A price point at which such Pearl Jam concerts no longer sell out within hours or even minutes. Instead, after a month of presale, it looks like this:

Manchester
    Around 1,500 seats available plus an unknown number of standing tickets

London
    Around 10,000 seats available plus an unknown number of standing tickets and areas that appear to have been removed from sale 

Berlin 1
    Around 6,000 seats available

Berlin 2
    Around 7,000 seats available

Barcelona 1
    Around 3,500 seats available plus an unknown number of standing tickets and areas that appear to have been removed from sale 

Barcelona 2
    Around 7,000 seats available plus an unknown number of standing tickets and areas that appear to have been removed from sale 

All figures are estimates. Not accurate to the last blue Ticketmaster dot. But not imprecisely rough either. A healthy extrapolated average of accuracy.
    Post edited by Zen23 on