2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765
    biz999 said:
    Go Animal said:
    Whatever the order in CA, I know we need an extra night at MSG. So, MSG I, II, Apollo (?), then Balty. And play Vitalogy there ;-)
    if we're adding, then let's do Montreal too!
    I think the Videotron Centre has exclusivity in Quebec, hence an Ottawa show.  

@PJNB Toronto and Hamilton in winter are nothing exciting to see.  
    The second comment is very true 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    D-Rod said:
    biz999 said:
    Go Animal said:
    Whatever the order in CA, I know we need an extra night at MSG. So, MSG I, II, Apollo (?), then Balty. And play Vitalogy there ;-)

So no local tour of where you work? I was banking on some sweet coupons...
    PJNB said:
    D-Rod said:
    biz999 said:
    Go Animal said:

Well I could host a tour of my office the day of the Hamilton show.  We could review some sales reports and finish with a slice of bread and a snack cake.  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2024.....???? 
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    D-Rod said:
    biz999 said:
    Go Animal said:

Well I could host a tour of my office the day of the Hamilton show.  We could review some sales reports and finish with a slice of bread and a snack cake.  
    I will wear my best suit and we can have some Red Rose tea at my expense lol. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    D-Rod said:
    biz999 said:
    Go Animal said:

I m in!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    D-Rod said:
    biz999 said:
    Go Animal said:

Not Timmies? 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • When the Tour returns will they have GA or spaced seating in the floor?  
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    When the Tour returns will they have GA or spaced seating in the floor?  
    0% chance they go away from the GA model 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Manu117Manu117 Burlington VT Posts: 105
    100 Pacer said:
    jefft said:
    PJNB said:
    GlowGirl said:
    PJNB said:
    It's not covid related delay. It's just timing the announcement.  All major sports are pumping right along and so are other concerts. The band has seen the after effects of the festivals now. Which turned out to be nothing of consequence. 

Selfishly, it would be nice to know this month. I have to decide what to do with 80 hours of PTO by november 1. It's frustrating seeing new events rolling out and this being suppressed.  
    I'm speculating but I disagree and think the wait has everything to do with COVID.  PJ already sold out all these shows- they're not holding back because of sports and other concerts.  
    How many are still sold out though?  The marketplace, whenever it goes live again, is going to have TONS of tickets.

I've personally refunded 6 of my 8 shows at this point and I cant be alone
    I think the manager for the QC show said they have over 10k tickets to sell.
    was thinking of hitting this show. might have to think about it again if/when it gets announced. 
    I was thinking of doing this one as well, and maybe Toronto if I can get a ticket. I am embarrassed to say that I have never been to Canada - so I was thinking of making a little vacation out of it.

Hopefully the routing of shows is better this time around. 2020 had Toronto to Ottawa to Quebec City and all the way back to Hamilton. Pain in the ass to get back to Hamilton for us east coasters. 

If you were serious about coming up for the shows a bunch of us can help out though the rumoured months are likely not the best to see our country unless you like skiing. Also just guessing if you were doing TO and QC there will be at least one show in between so might as well make a week of it! 
    To,Hamilton, Ottawa, Quebec would be nice.

It doesn’t make sense to have Toronto and Hamilton back to back.
    I don't see any problem having TO and Hamilton back to back as they will both sell out (PJ can sell out 2 Toronto shows no problem). 
  • wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 911
    Feels like it will be North American Tour Leg 1 (Mostly reschedules) then NA leg 2 with Europe in between.  Ball Parks will be in there post Europe.  Will it be leg 1 announcement, then maybe early spring leg 2 or one big 2022?
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    wbutler29 said:
    Feels like it will be North American Tour Leg 1 (Mostly reschedules) then NA leg 2 with Europe in between.  Ball Parks will be in there post Europe.  Will it be leg 1 announcement, then maybe early spring leg 2 or one big 2022?
    Guessing it’ll be spring dates first (depending on current ticket sales, maybe they add a show or two in current cities), then announce the fall dates between their spring tour and Europe tour. 
    tschav said:
    wbutler29 said:
    Guessing it’ll be spring dates first (depending on current ticket sales, maybe they add a show or two in current cities), then announce the fall dates between their spring tour and Europe tour. 
    My “guess”

spring rescheduled shows are announced in November for March\ April 2022

January announcement of ball park shows for August  2022

May 2022 announcement of leg 2 North American shows for Sept/Oct 2022

I have zero inside knowledge 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2024.....???? 
  • wbutler29 said:
    Is this speculation or one of those birdies came by your window?
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Unpopular, but if what’s holding things up in NA is the already held tickets, refund everyone, and start over.  If they are looking to add dates and it’s making things more difficult to reschedule, start over. Is what it is. No one planned for any of this. 
  • Unpopular, but if what’s holding things up in NA is the already held tickets, refund everyone, and start over.  If they are looking to add dates and it’s making things more difficult to reschedule, start over. Is what it is. No one planned for any of this. 
    No thank you.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    Unpopular, but if what’s holding things up in NA is the already held tickets, refund everyone, and start over.  If they are looking to add dates and it’s making things more difficult to reschedule, start over. Is what it is. No one planned for any of this. 
    It’s been a year and a half.  If they were gonna do that, they should have done it at the one year mark.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
    It’s been a year and a half.  If they were gonna do that, they should have done it at the one year mark.
    Agreed 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Unpopular, but if what’s holding things up in NA is the already held tickets, refund everyone, and start over.  If they are looking to add dates and it’s making things more difficult to reschedule, start over. Is what it is. No one planned for any of this. 
    Securing my Baltimore and msg tickets was one of the most frustrating, expensive and annoying processes I’ve ever went through for concert tickets. So no thanks. I’ll hold onto them until whenever. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,374
    I have 4 MSG tickets… I vote to hold on to all tickets. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717
    Unpopular is an understatement. 
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Not happening 
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    Good news: that’s not what’s holding things up in NA. 
  • Big Bruce rumor at MSG during the same time the Garden is open for 2 weeks in March that we think PJ is gonna play. Had a source tell me a couple months ago “You’ll be very happy next Spring”…my dad is a huge Bruce fan. 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • biz999biz999 Posts: 172
    Big Bruce rumor at MSG during the same time the Garden is open for 2 weeks in March that we think PJ is gonna play. Had a source tell me a couple months ago “You’ll be very happy next Spring”…my dad is a huge Bruce fan. 
    I'd drive down and stay a few days if I could catch a couple PJ and a couple Springsteen shows!
    That Quebec City local radio station interview from Martin Tremblay leaked that the tour is planned for February and March. Plans change and it has been awhile since that interview but I bet not much has changed for the band to push those dates off. I am hoping we get some news soon from the band or at the very least some arena hold rumors.
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 806
    Feb/March or March/April?
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    I've already got other concerts booked for weekends in Feb and early March so I'm hoping its March and April
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    I've already got other concerts booked for weekends in Feb and early March so I'm hoping its March and April
    I have a grandbaby scheduled for delivery in the last week of February. Hopefully she cooperates and doesn't decide to come the same day as a rescheduled PJ date in St Louis or Nashville. 
  • With no knowledge I would think March/April more likely than Feb/March based on the 2020 dates.  Not to mention, at least in the Canadian and NY/Baltimore portion, winter travel hazards in Feb. That said I’ve got winter tires in the garage and if they want to hit Canada in Feb I’m in!

• Mikemzl91Mikemzl91 Posts: 484
    Chad Smith from a recent Rollng Stone interview:

How did you end up playing with Eddie Vedder on his new solo album and live at the Ohana Fest?
    I work a lot with the producer/musician Andrew Watt. He’s amazing. We did a couple of songs for Ed, and then it turned out great and we just ended up doing a whole record, which is excellent. I’ve known him forever. We took Pearl Jam on that first tour in 1991 way back when, and you know, obviously he’s an amazing musician and so fun to connect with on a musical level. We’ve played together but we’ve never recorded or done any shows. It was really fun. Easy, fast. You didn’t hear it from me, but Ed’s talking about doing [more solo tour] dates

Full article:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/chili-peppers-2022-stadium-tour-count-me-in-1241147/