Options

2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,647
    JimmyV said:
    I'm torn between thinking what the Foo are doing is cool and still somehow being annoyed every time I see Dave Grohl. 
    annoyed or envious?

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    JimmyV said:
    I'm torn between thinking what the Foo are doing is cool and still somehow being annoyed every time I see Dave Grohl. 
    annoyed or envious?
    Totally annoyed. The guy is everywhere all the time. Good for him but man he just bugs me. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    annoyed or envious?
    I'm envious.  I like Foo Fighters, wishing they added a Denver date.
  • Options
    It's nice to see at least one big rock band actually getting after it these days and doing creative things.  I saw them for the first time this fall and had a great time. 2021 is definitely the year of the Foos and all things Dave. His book written during the pendemic is a Best Seller. Making use of his time.
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,479
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    annoyed or envious?
    Totally annoyed. The guy is everywhere all the time. Good for him but man he just bugs me. 

He has definitely become the Tom Hanks of the music world.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931

Just landed a pair for the just announced surprise Foo Fighters show in Cleveland on Thursday!!!

Enjoy, bud!  Should be a great show in a small venue like that.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    bbiggs said:

Just landed a pair for the just announced surprise Foo Fighters show in Cleveland on Thursday!!!

Enjoy, bud!  Should be a great show in a small venue like that.
    Thanks!  I couldn't believe it when i saw it.  I was already flying into Cleveland Thursday morning to see some family for the weekend.  Just really good luck with not only that but the tickets.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,231
    edited October 2021
    Like others have said, time to make alternate plans. Band doesn't seem too worried about their US fans.  We have Europe dates - which makes no sense that they are more comfortable traveling the world then playing some "local" shows. Guess I will hit the Metallica Vegas show next year and hope those FF do one of those pop up shows in PHX.

Refunded my last Europe show - Prague - good luck to our friends overseas who have plenty of planning time!
    Post edited by jimjam1982 on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    I just floated the idea with my wife of refunding our Ottawa tickets. To my shock, she said "no way! i wanna go to that one!". Ok then. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,946
    I just refunded my Oakland tickets this morning.  Still holding onto Nash & StL. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,531
    I just floated the idea with my wife of refunding our Ottawa tickets. To my shock, she said "no way! i wanna go to that one!". Ok then. 
    Wives always know.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    PJNB said:
    uglybabo said:
    smak said:
    One of the things they might be considering is trying to make the new shows very close to the timing of the old shows.

If they change up the days of the week, a lot of people might not be able to go if they're travelling.  
    This won’t be possible. Finding dates in between other concerts, the NBA and NHL the order of the cities won’t be the same let alone the days of the week. 

There could be more availability in April/May once playoffs begin.
    I would guess they would much rather the certainty of the regular season schedule vs the randomness of the playoffs. TO 2016 worked out ok since it was the end of the tour and only moved 1 day but watching scoreboards and series lengths is not ideal as a travelling fan.  

People who travel assume any and all risks with shows. "Event date subject to change" and all that.

But we already know that.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,349
    100 Pacer said:
    Wives always know.
    Lmao same thing here! I mentioned dropping our Canada tickets and she said no way to Ottawa.  
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    The great thing with that Newark show was that there was that "first priority" to fans who got shut out of NYC.

They definitely made up for the TBA stuff.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,579
    JimmyV said:
    same.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Maybe some behind the scenes issue with crew, etc who aren’t or can’t be vaccinated and they are trying to figure something out? Not likely 
  • Options
    Maybe some behind the scenes issue with crew, etc who aren’t or can’t be vaccinated and they are trying to figure something out? Not likely 
    Boom. it's gotta be Boom. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,185
    I don’t get why people still have airline vouchers. It’s been almost 2 years. The better choice would have been refund or use it on another trip. 

Pretty sure the airlines are required to give refunds for those early 2020 dates. If you got talked into a voucher and waived the right to refund well time to take a trip somewhere. I wouldn’t wait for PJ.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    I don’t get why people still have airline vouchers. It’s been almost 2 years. The better choice would have been refund or use it on another trip. 

Pretty sure the airlines are required to give refunds for those early 2020 dates. If you got talked into a voucher and waived the right to refund well time to take a trip somewhere. I wouldn’t wait for PJ.
    not everyone can afford to travel just whenever they want. my wife agreed to do another trip to see PJ in a city we've never been to, and we're committed to seeing it through. 

we weren't given the option to refund. it was use it by Dec 31/21 or lose it completely. we didn't get talked into anything. my wife was on the phone with them several times and spoke to several different people: no refunds. probably because we used our Avion points. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    JojoRice said:
    Short South American tour in September followed by some US dates in Oct/Nov? 
    If they really are playing a SA leg in the Fall, and considering we havent even heard about the first leg of NA Tour.... I think whats more realistic would be

Expanded NA tour Feb/March/April (big tour)
    Europe June/July
    Ballparks August (5-7 shows Max)
    SA September (5-7 shows, mostly festivals)
    And maybe AUS in Dec/Jan

I would be willing to bet alot of money that they wont play 4 full legs of shows in a 1 year period.  
    That's a really ambitious projection on your part for a band that hasn't shown a lot of touring energy the past several years.

I mean, I hope they surprise the lot of us. At the same time, I don't count on them to do it anymore.

It's easily explainable:
    2021 - COVID
    2020 - COVID
    2019 - Studio time with plans to "gig a ton" in 2020.
    2018 - Tour in three continents with plans to release an album which got delayed.
    2017 - Not much
    2016 - Tour like 2018, but more USA dates...and even Canada too.
    2015 - Not much

If that 2018 album wasn't delayed and if no COVID, things look a lot different.

2021 - ??
    2020 - Tour?
    2019 - Tour
    2018 - South America and Europe tour...with a new album.
    I get what you're saying, but this band is the back half of their career. They made a pretty conscious decision, as I see it, around the 20-year mark not to do business even remotely close to the pace of the industry. To expect them to tour--even in support of a new record--like they did in the first two decades is really optimistic and not based on a lot of recent history.

Don't count ifs or woulda/coulda/shoulda. Watch what they do. And what they do is at a totally different pace since PJ20. Seven shows in 2018 and calling that a US Tour was a big tell.
    Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    I don't really see them ever do a large tour again, they don't have to.  Play a few stadiums and maybe sprinkle a few shows in smaller markets between.  Why would they want to do a 20 or so show tour at this point.  They've seemed to do a pretty good job keeping good people around them and keeping them happy, where as a band like the Grateful Dead had a terrible group around them and they had to tour to death because too many people relied on them for their livelihoods
  • Options
    Jeez it getting depressing around here. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,203
    Jeez it getting depressing around here. 
    I think it's because many of us haven't seen PJ in a while.   Things like concerts were the little carrots I would dangle for myself that would carry me through the year.  Look forward to the next concert, backpacking trip, camping trip, etc...   With concerts removed it's been less fun.

While I fully understand the way, I think this is my longest stretch for not seeing PJ (I'm at 3 years and 2 months), and the longest stretch of not going to a big concert (2 years and 2 months since I saw the Stones in Seattle). 

I miss concerts :(
  • Options
    TH113769TH113769 Posts: 436

I totally respect the band’s issue with Covid safety (if that is why there is no announcement), but the bottom line is Covid is going nowhere, although it is close to becoming endemic.  I was fortunately at Ohana both weekends and people were packed in as usual.  I didn’t hear of any “outbreaks” so I think the vaccine / testing policy worked well (plus being outdoors of course). 

The problem I have is that I have tickets for a bunch of shows that I would like to still attend, but it does help to know when those shows will be so I can plan life around them.  If there will be no spring tour then say so.  That’s fine – every other band is touring and I can make plans to see plenty of other bands I like.  I think an update of some sort given tickets have been sold for future dates is not an unreasonable request. 

92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
  • Options
    This is starting to feel like the Christmas singles fiasco all over again, ha. 
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 826
    edited October 2021
    This is starting to feel like the Christmas singles fiasco all over again, ha. 
    I wish it was that meaningless as a Christmas single vs the touring future of the band.  Although, usually when everything is at its worst and threads get shutdown, we get a glimmer of hope and an actual update. 
    Post edited by vedpunk on
  • Options
    They have scheduled the shows.  They just haven’t announced the dates.  They will.  Eventually.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Like others have said, time to make alternate plans. Band doesn't seem too worried about their US fans.  We have Europe dates - which makes no sense that they are more comfortable traveling the world then playing some "local" shows. Guess I will hit the Metallica Vegas show next year and hope those FF do one of those pop up shows in PHX.

Refunded my last Europe show - Prague - good luck to our friends overseas who have plenty of planning time!
    @jimjam1982 Was your Prague refund from 10c or public sale? 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,231

@jimjam1982 Was your Prague refund from 10c or public sale? 
    10c
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,185

not everyone can afford to travel just whenever they want. my wife agreed to do another trip to see PJ in a city we've never been to, and we're committed to seeing it through. 

we weren't given the option to refund. it was use it by Dec 31/21 or lose it completely. we didn't get talked into anything. my wife was on the phone with them several times and spoke to several different people: no refunds. probably because we used our Avion points. 
    Ah yes using points would throw a wrench in any sort of refund. Well, at least you’re not out any actual dollars. 

I def understand your circumstance and hope you get to use the flight for PJ or something else fun. So many people here throw down for travel I (mistakenly!) didn’t even think of the person making a one time special trip splurge.

DOT does have a law saying if the airline cancels the flight, you are entitled to a refund in the original form of payment. They are apparently cracking down on the airlines not abiding. May be something to look in to.

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/refund-for-canceled-flight/
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22