Options

2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,498
    nicknyr15 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    The difference is what has happened between 1/2020 and now. If they think they can announce a post Covid tour 6 weeks before they start playing shows and sell them all out or even come close I think they’re mistaken. 
    I’m going to go out on a limb and assume sell outs or ticket sales in general aren’t a big concern for them at the moment. 
    Yea when you have a merch  like PJ , you don’t even need to tour. 
    I was thinking more along the lines of them prioritizing people’s safety & health, but good call, they’re probably like “fuck it, we still have the merch sales.” 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    No, the band is highly cognizant of how they aren't able to support their live teams by not touring. there is much more to this than their own bank accounts. they legitimately care about those that are losing money and their livelihoods with cancelled tours. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,114
    No, the band is highly cognizant of how they aren't able to support their live teams by not touring. there is much more to this than their own bank accounts. they legitimately care about those that are losing money and their livelihoods with cancelled tours. 
    Yeah I think that should be pretty clear.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,498
    I agree with this and think they are trying to make the best decisions for all parties involved… if they felt comfortable out touring right now, they would be doing it already. 

If they lose some fans while doing what they think is best, I’m sure they’ll be able to live with themselves. 
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,938
    I agree with this and think they are trying to make the best decisions for all parties involved… if they felt comfortable out touring right now, they would be doing it already. 

If they lose some fans while doing what they think is best, I’m sure they’ll be able to live with themselves. 
    100%
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

Bingo. In the meantime, we all need to be patient.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    Dont you guys get tired of relentlessly typing the same post/reply over and over and over again. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    biz999biz999 Posts: 172
    I wonder if they will have 10C ticket re-draws if they reschedule shows. It would be a smaller pool of tickets, as many most likely kept theirs. 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    biz999 said:
    I wonder if they will have 10C ticket re-draws if they reschedule shows. It would be a smaller pool of tickets, as many most likely kept theirs. 
    With all of this speculation about 3/4 full arenas and such, it would be cool if they pushed all of the 10C seats in a bit further where it applies.  I highly doubt it would happen though because of the logistical nightmare.  That said, if a bunch of tickets are in fact dumped back into the pool, buying via public sale could yield better seats than some of the 10C seats being held onto.  Should be interesting and I'm sure no one will be upset with the outcome.

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,777
    I wonder if they announce the dates, leave the refund window up a couple of weeks and then have the public sale happen again. I bet they are wanting to avoid a scenario that you mentioned bbiggs where one can upgrade and just get a refund on their old ticket. I see no chance of upgrades especially for 10C only tickets due to the fact those tickets are now blended in with the public sale tickets and bet it would be a huge pain in the ass. 
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    The Fan to Fan exchange will be a lot of fun whenever this thing happens 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    If anyone is concerned about travel vouchers, try selling them and recoup as much as possible. Not ideal but at least you won’t lose everything. I’d also try and call the airline to see if they can do anything at all. With that said, I don’t see them extending especially since all forms of travel are going to be open again regardless of reason to majority of places.
  • Options
    Just refunded my nash, St. Louis and Baltimore tickets. It bums me out that they can’t provide any information especially after holding everyone’s money for the last 2 years. 
  • Options
    Just refunded my nash, St. Louis and Baltimore tickets. It bums me out that they can’t provide any information especially after holding everyone’s money for the last 2 years. 
    They did provide info. They said early 2022. 
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    Definitely seems like there’s been a lot of refunds recently and that we’ve passed the point of how long the average person is willing to hang on to tickets for 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    Oh no :confounded: It’s probably closer than we think! It just makes it feel longer checking here daily
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    I don’t think that an email from 4 months ago is really an update. They either know when they are and aren’t announcing it for some reason, or they don’t have any plans to reschedule. I don’t think it’s unreasonable for customers to expect some more timely information given they’ve held our money for almost 2 years. 

Do you really think an email or update posted to the site is that difficult for your paying customers? 

I chose to take my refund as I have other plans made for next March and April and can’t wait any longer to request PTO. 

Hopefully I can make them once they finally announce the rescheduled shows. Tickets should be easy to get. 
  • Options
    RS151862 said:
    Dont you guys get tired of relentlessly typing the same post/reply over and over and over again. 
    +100000
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999
    PJNB said:
    I don’t think that an email from 4 months ago is really an update. They either know when they are and aren’t announcing it for some reason, or they don’t have any plans to reschedule. I don’t think it’s unreasonable for customers to expect some more timely information given they’ve held our money for almost 2 years. 

Do you really think an email or update posted to the site is that difficult for your paying customers? 

I chose to take my refund as I have other plans made for next March and April and can’t wait any longer to request PTO. 

Hopefully I can make them once they finally announce the rescheduled shows. Tickets should be easy to get. 
    I’m sorry this happened to you, but I guess the question is: if they announced spring 2022 tour dates now, you kept your tickets, requested PTO and made plans, then over the winter the COVID situation took a turn for the worse and they had to postpone again, would you be better or worse off than you are now?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    If anyone is concerned about travel vouchers, try selling them and recoup as much as possible. Not ideal but at least you won’t lose everything. I’d also try and call the airline to see if they can do anything at all. With that said, I don’t see them extending especially since all forms of travel are going to be open again regardless of reason to majority of places.
    this post makes me think...... ^^^ this guy usually has inside info on upcoming announcements. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,945
    Looking forward to the F2F Ticket site to open again as well.  It'll be interesting to see what all is available. I've currently got some reserved seats for Nash & StL but I'll try to snag some GA's if I can.  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,779
    JojoRice said:
    Looking forward to the F2F Ticket site to open again as well.  It'll be interesting to see what all is available. I've currently got some reserved seats for Nash & StL but I'll try to snag some GA's if I can.  
    Agree with this^^^ only GA I've been in is at Wrigley. Awesome, but it was so freaking big compared to what they are at an arena.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,577
    tdawe said:
    PJNB said:

I’m sorry this happened to you, but I guess the question is: if they announced spring 2022 tour dates now, you kept your tickets, requested PTO and made plans, then over the winter the COVID situation took a turn for the worse and they had to postpone again, would you be better or worse off than you are now?
    when will that not be a possibility?  if they're not comfortable now then they probably never will be.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,537
    RS151862 said:
    +100000
    +100000
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    Definitely seems like there’s been a lot of refunds recently and that we’ve passed the point of how long the average person is willing to hang on to tickets for 
    Wonder if that will light a fire under PJ/TM's ass. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    Gibson said:
    RS151862 said:
    +100000
    +100000
    It has to be bad I have no clue who you guys are talking about and if thats the case its likely probably me lol
  • Options
    Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 618
    Just scrolling through to see if I see dimitris name.  Don’t mind me.  Next pass through in 23:59hrs.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    Bunting10 said:
    Just scrolling through to see if I see dimitris name.  Don’t mind me.  Next pass through in 23:59hrs.
    @LeafsJaysCubsRaptorsFan is the one I always look for.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    Encore came out without any insiders dropping hints on here. Wonder how that was possible to be held a secret without any leaks. Maybe the new management has cracked down on info getting out?
  • Options
    RS151862 said:

marijuana makes me giggle. it always has
    soooo,,,ummmm....what's your point again? oops!