Options

2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,562
    PJNB said:
    Gibson said:
    RS151862 said:
    Dont you guys get tired of relentlessly typing the same post/reply over and over and over again. 
    +100000
    +100000
    It has to be bad I have no clue who you guys are talking about and if thats the case its likely probably me lol
    I actually have no idea either. I just thought I'd be cute.

I'm assuming its the endless "when's the tour getting announced? -->frustration ---> complaints --> new rumours ---> frustration" cycle.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    tdawe said:
    PJNB said:
    Just refunded my nash, St. Louis and Baltimore tickets. It bums me out that they can’t provide any information especially after holding everyone’s money for the last 2 years. 
    They did provide info. They said early 2022. 
    I don’t think that an email from 4 months ago is really an update. They either know when they are and aren’t announcing it for some reason, or they don’t have any plans to reschedule. I don’t think it’s unreasonable for customers to expect some more timely information given they’ve held our money for almost 2 years. 

Do you really think an email or update posted to the site is that difficult for your paying customers? 

I chose to take my refund as I have other plans made for next March and April and can’t wait any longer to request PTO. 

Hopefully I can make them once they finally announce the rescheduled shows. Tickets should be easy to get. 
    I’m sorry this happened to you, but I guess the question is: if they announced spring 2022 tour dates now, you kept your tickets, requested PTO and made plans, then over the winter the COVID situation took a turn for the worse and they had to postpone again, would you be better or worse off than you are now?
    No need to apologize. I made a choice to take my refund. To answer your question, I don’t believe that to be the reason for the delay in rescheduling and whenever they announce the rescheduled dates there’s the same threat that COVID could get worse. 
  • Options
    NEweatherNEweather Posts: 480
    bbiggs said:
    biz999 said:
    I wonder if they will have 10C ticket re-draws if they reschedule shows. It would be a smaller pool of tickets, as many most likely kept theirs. 
    With all of this speculation about 3/4 full arenas and such, it would be cool if they pushed all of the 10C seats in a bit further where it applies.  I highly doubt it would happen though because of the logistical nightmare.  That said, if a bunch of tickets are in fact dumped back into the pool, buying via public sale could yield better seats than some of the 10C seats being held onto.  Should be interesting and I'm sure no one will be upset with the outcome.

( i wonder about this also at times- )
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,550
    edited October 2021
    Nvm
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,003
    ComeToTX said:
    tdawe said:
    PJNB said:
    Just refunded my nash, St. Louis and Baltimore tickets. It bums me out that they can’t provide any information especially after holding everyone’s money for the last 2 years. 
    I don’t think that an email from 4 months ago is really an update. They either know when they are and aren’t announcing it for some reason, or they don’t have any plans to reschedule. I don’t think it’s unreasonable for customers to expect some more timely information given they’ve held our money for almost 2 years. 

Do you really think an email or update posted to the site is that difficult for your paying customers? 

I chose to take my refund as I have other plans made for next March and April and can’t wait any longer to request PTO. 

Hopefully I can make them once they finally announce the rescheduled shows. Tickets should be easy to get. 
    I’m sorry this happened to you, but I guess the question is: if they announced spring 2022 tour dates now, you kept your tickets, requested PTO and made plans, then over the winter the COVID situation took a turn for the worse and they had to postpone again, would you be better or worse off than you are now?
    when will that not be a possibility?  if they're not comfortable now then they probably never will be.
    It’s a reason to hold off announcing until relatively close to the tour dates. 
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,185
    Bunting10 said:
    Just scrolling through to see if I see dimitris name.  Don’t mind me.  Next pass through in 23:59hrs.
    Not even he knows. Nobody does. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,898
    wife just got off the phone with Royal Bank to ask about using our credit for the Cantrell show in Seattle late april. They said we have to use the credit by March 18 (2 years from when we were due home from Ottawa), and that is a West Jet rule, not Royal Bank. So now she called West Jet; the next available call back appointment is NEXT FUCKING THURSDAY. jesus fucking christ. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tdawe said:
    ComeToTX said:
    tdawe said:
    PJNB said:

when will that not be a possibility?  if they're not comfortable now then they probably never will be.
    I feel like that’s not a great idea given the number of fans that travel great lengths to see the band. A large majority of attendees are visiting the area they are playing, sans the large cities in the northeast and on the west coast. 
  • Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 654
    wife just got off the phone with Royal Bank to ask about using our credit for the Cantrell show in Seattle late april. They said we have to use the credit by March 18 (2 years from when we were due home from Ottawa), and that is a West Jet rule, not Royal Bank. So now she called West Jet; the next available call back appointment is NEXT FUCKING THURSDAY. jesus fucking christ. 
    If you have Facebook use messenger for west jet.  I just did it last week.  It took 5 days but at least I got a response.  Anyway, you are able to extend your tickets by one year for 25 bucks that just come out of your travel bank.  Msg me if you want any other details.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,617
    tdawe said:
    ComeToTX said:
    tdawe said:
    PJNB said:

Risky. I was reading something earlier that said most tours are having 20-30% no shows and that’s for sold tickets. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,003
    tdawe said:
    ComeToTX said:
    tdawe said:
    PJNB said:

I feel like that’s not a great idea given the number of fans that travel great lengths to see the band. A large majority of attendees are visiting the area they are playing, sans the large cities in the northeast and on the west coast. 
    I agree and it sucks - I definitely missed the international fans who couldn’t make it to Asbury Park. But the alternative is announcing early, having people make firm plans around dates 6 months in the future, then potentially having to postpone again. As someone who is weighing the possibility of booking a trip to see them in Europe next summer, from my perspective it’s not really better to have to wrestle with the choice of committing a bunch of money, time off requests etc to a show that might not happen. 

None of this is ideal, but based on Eddie’s comments during these last four shows I think they’re going to hold off announcing until as close as possible. That will certainly inconvenience some people, and possibly result in lower attendance (though I’m personally skeptical about that), but I think that’s the route they’re going to go here. I could be wrong. 
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,640
    In line for Foo Fighters!!!

2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    Dave Grohl bought everyone in line a Coors Light 

2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 606
    Dave Grohl bought everyone in line a Coors Light 

Coors Light? Another reason to not like Dave.

Kidding, of course. That's very cool.
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,735
    edited October 2021
    That airline mildly f*ked me for Encore.  They rebooked my flight home leaving 2 days later rather than re-routing me out of LAX sameday. I almost missed the date change. Naturally, I called in a mild panic (because most importantly- they were still getting me to the show on time). Anyhow, I skipped the call back option. I phoned late at night and got through after only an hour or so. Also, I used the: flight leaving within 72 hour option even though that was not true.

Long story short - stay on hold and call at night.
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    @HughFreakingDillon I have an idea if you want to PM me.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,256
    +6,000
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    Danny Clinch on the harmonica in a little battle against Dave!

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,774
    JojoRice said:
    Short South American tour in September followed by some US dates in Oct/Nov? 
    If they really are playing a SA leg in the Fall, and considering we havent even heard about the first leg of NA Tour.... I think whats more realistic would be

Expanded NA tour Feb/March/April (big tour)
    Europe June/July
    Ballparks August (5-7 shows Max)
    SA September (5-7 shows, mostly festivals)
    And maybe AUS in Dec/Jan

I would be willing to bet alot of money that they wont play 4 full legs of shows in a 1 year period.  
    That's a really ambitious projection on your part for a band that hasn't shown a lot of touring energy the past several years.

I mean, I hope they surprise the lot of us. At the same time, I don't count on them to do it anymore.

It's easily explainable:
    2021 - COVID
    2020 - COVID
    2019 - Studio time with plans to "gig a ton" in 2020.
    2018 - Tour in three continents with plans to release an album which got delayed.
    2017 - Not much
    2016 - Tour like 2018, but more USA dates...and even Canada too.
    2015 - Not much

If that 2018 album wasn't delayed and if no COVID, things look a lot different.

2021 - ??
    2020 - Tour?
    2019 - Tour
    2018 - South America and Europe tour...with a new album.
    I get what you're saying, but this band is the back half of their career. They made a pretty conscious decision, as I see it, around the 20-year mark not to do business even remotely close to the pace of the industry. To expect them to tour--even in support of a new record--like they did in the first two decades is really optimistic and not based on a lot of recent history.

Don't count ifs or woulda/coulda/shoulda. Watch what they do. And what they do is at a totally different pace since PJ20. Seven shows in 2018 and calling that a US Tour was a big tell.

2018 Home/Away was also the end of the album after they had toured it to death (according to those comment sections.)

There really wasn't much of a reason to do a big USA tour in 2018 after 2013, 2014 and 2016.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Kinda depressing when this thread is on page 2.  

Crickets.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,256
    Kinda depressing when this thread is on page 2.  

Crickets.
    A sad state of affairs indeed. Here’s to 2022!
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    I am holding off on buying tickets for shows in the spring. Come on guys, you can do it! All of the shows that have happened this fall have to put your mind at ease to some degree. Just require the vax or negative test and let’s get rolllllling!

(please play Release in Nashville)
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,240
    I have Nashville tickets but got a bad feeling that show is getting cancelled.  The state is trying to put a law in that you can’t make a rule that you have to show proof of vaccine for attendance at venues. Can’t see PJ following that if it passes
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,135
    Yeah, my wife just started talking about booking a trip in april during spring break........it would be nice to know some dates.  But I realize I won't and will either miss the trip and have no PJ concerts or go on the trip and miss PJ concerts ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Yeah, my wife just started talking about booking a trip in april during spring break........it would be nice to know some dates.  But I realize I won't and will either miss the trip and have no PJ concerts or go on the trip and miss PJ concerts ;)
    Yes, can't plan anything regarding Spring Break until we get this locked in.  As stated before, even before Covid, PJ maximizes control via waiting as late as possible to announce so the virus (which is going nowhere) is a reasonable excuse, if you've not followed this bands pattern for decades.  
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    If you book a trip to California you have a chance to have the best of both worlds.  Given 5 shows there and one in Phoenix.  

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,135
    If you book a trip to California you have a chance to have the best of both worlds.  Given 5 shows there and one in Phoenix.  
    But I got tickets all over the map...nashville, St.Louis and San Diego ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    But I got tickets all over the map...nashville, St.Louis and San Diego ;)
    There you go - trip to San Diego. It’s lovely there! 

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,973
    Baltimore is vacationland. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Baltimore is vacationland. 
    "Her heart was filled with laughter when she saw those city lights,
    And she said 'The prettiest place on earth is Baltimore at night'"