Options

2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,063
    Go Animal said:
    CO278952 said:
    2022 Florida run??
    I'm working on a pitch for that very notion...

Second that!

Supposedly Camping World Stadium in Orlando is supposed to be announcing a major rock show at their garbage dump of a stadium on Thursday.

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/orange-county/orlando-announce-major-rock-show-coming-camping-world-stadium/DH34UGMFK5C7FHLYQJP2GYRQAQ/ 
  • Options
    As much as I like Florida I cannot see PJ playing in a state that has banned mandatory vax at events.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    biz999 said:
    Here's an interesting announcement since we were discussing if Videotron Centre in Quebec City had a radius clause preventing a Montreal show...

Rogers waters is at Videotron & Bell Centre next summer too.
    It probably depends on the specific event contract.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    biz999biz999 Posts: 172
    hihobibo said:
    Go Animal said:
    CO278952 said:
    2022 Florida run??

Second that!

Supposedly Camping World Stadium in Orlando is supposed to be announcing a major rock show at their garbage dump of a stadium on Thursday.

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/orange-county/orlando-announce-major-rock-show-coming-camping-world-stadium/DH34UGMFK5C7FHLYQJP2GYRQAQ/ 
    That's the day the Springsteen tour is supposed to be announced
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,054
    hihobibo said:
    Go Animal said:
    CO278952 said:
    2022 Florida run??

Second that!

I bet it's either Metallica or Foo
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,122
    biz999 said:
    Here's an interesting announcement since we were discussing if Videotron Centre in Quebec City had a radius clause preventing a Montreal show...

Tempted but waiting to hear back from Pearl Jam camp. Hopefully this will the month we find out if they are rescheduling their Canadian dates.
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,549
    demetrios said:
    biz999 said:

Tempted but waiting to hear back from Pearl Jam camp. Hopefully this will the month we find out if they are rescheduling their Canadian dates.
    I held off buying tickets to Jerry Cantrell in the Spring due to uncertainty of the possible rescheduled US dates. Hopefully an announcement comes soon. Once I know there is no conflict, I can look at tickets in Chicago or Nashville.
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    demetrios said:
    biz999 said:

It's time for an update for sure!
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,898
    biz999 said:

offspring were a band I always wanted to see until they became a parody of themselves. who knows. maybe come february i'll change my mind. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,932
    demetrios said:
    biz999 said:

I held off buying tickets to Jerry Cantrell in the Spring due to uncertainty of the possible rescheduled US dates. Hopefully an announcement comes soon. Once I know there is no conflict, I can look at tickets in Chicago or Nashville.
    I considered holding off on buying Cantrell tickets, but moved forward.  I'm going to do the same with a number of other shows I plan on seeing next year.  If there are conflicts with the rescheduled PJ shows that I hold tickets to, that's okay.  I'm deciding to take the sure thing at this point. 

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,054
    biz999 said:

offspring were a band I always wanted to see until they became a parody of themselves. who knows. maybe come february i'll change my mind. 
    I saw them here in Atlanta back in September.  Thought they did a great show.  I'd be willing to see them again next time they are down this way. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,898
    planning my cantrell trip as we speak. honestly, weighing seeing a legit 90's seattle icon in a legit seattle iconic venue is something I couldn't say no to. hopefully PJ doesn't conflict with it, but if it does, cantrell is the choice du jour. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,495
    edited November 2021
    biz999 said:
    kaw753 said:
    cutz said:
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:
    CO278952 said:
    Does anyone have any rumors?  Or rumours even? 
    Only real rumor I saw was from the promoter? for the Quebec city show saying it was going to be in Feb/March next year. 

Hope it's not February.
    Praying it’s not February either. Hopefully late March again or later!
    Y’know what? I’d take February if it meant actually knowing the dates.  
    Agreed. Sooner the better and I do not see a huge different from February to April with regards to protocols. 
    Weather?
    Whole tour on hold trying to avoid February in Ottawa?
    Walking through that parking lot after a game/show in February SUCKS. Also, parkas bunched up behind you taking up half the seat...

But I'd still do it.
    No, but...

I know driving 1,000's of miles that time of year could/will be NO fun.

So, yeah, the time of year could be a big difference for the traveling Fans.

(Sorry one quote too many)
    Post edited by cutz on
  • Options
    DissidentRival74DissidentRival74 Six One Five Posts: 150
    pjhawks said:
    I have Nashville tickets but got a bad feeling that show is getting cancelled.  The state is trying to put a law in that you can’t make a rule that you have to show proof of vaccine for attendance at venues. Can’t see PJ following that if it passes
    Looks like starting 11/13 Bridgestone will no longer require proof of vax or negative test. HOWEVER, if the specific tour or event has it's own protocols, they can still require said things.  At least that's how I'm reading what was just announced today...  
    "I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."
  • Options
    biz999biz999 Posts: 172
    pjhawks said:
    I have Nashville tickets but got a bad feeling that show is getting cancelled.  The state is trying to put a law in that you can’t make a rule that you have to show proof of vaccine for attendance at venues. Can’t see PJ following that if it passes
    Looks like starting 11/13 Bridgestone will no longer require proof of vax or negative test. HOWEVER, if the specific tour or event has it's own protocols, they can still require said things.  At least that's how I'm reading what was just announced today...  
    I'm surprised (but in a good way) that games and concerts aren't the superspreader events we were warned about. There are still people getting sick, but it doesn't seem to be disproportionate from just day-to-day life.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,240
    pjhawks said:
    Didn’t see any announcement about that today but glad to hear it.  Looking forward to traveling to Nashville for the show.
  • Options
    So I’ve been thinking - not that this is a new thought but just to resurface it - Covid isn’t going away.  It will always be riskier indoors than outdoors.  That’s just the way it is now and into the foreseeable future.  If PJ is not comfortable with the risk of indoor shows, that is fine - cancel and refund everything and start again with outdoor tours.  But if they are waiting for someone to say there’s zero risk it’s just not going to happen.  So make a decision and let us know already… 

• Options
    DissidentRival74DissidentRival74 Six One Five Posts: 150
    pjhawks said:

Didn’t see any announcement about that today but glad to hear it.  Looking forward to traveling to Nashville for the show.
    I live about 20-30 mins from Nashville, so it's all over the local news stuff on facebook and whatnot.  I am (somewhat) patiently waiting for the rescheduled date.  Just want to see them again, especially with the new material.  Haven't seen them since 2016....

"I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,640
    So I’ve been thinking - not that this is a new thought but just to resurface it - Covid isn’t going away.  It will always be riskier indoors than outdoors.  That’s just the way it is now and into the foreseeable future.  If PJ is not comfortable with the risk of indoor shows, that is fine - cancel and refund everything and start again with outdoor tours.  But if they are waiting for someone to say there’s zero risk it’s just not going to happen.  So make a decision and let us know already… 
    They won’t, I’ve given up the battle.  I’ve refunded everything besides Baltimore and moved on with other plans for the spring.

Let me know when they cancel QBC and the others with 10,000+ tickets to sell and call it a “scheduling and routing conflict” lol
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,607
    Once 5-11 year olds start receiving their shots throughout North America I imagine they’ll be more comfortable. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Well said. I've kinda lost interest over the last couple of months with the lack of news or updates. I might try and go for a refund at this point. Although I did have GA for Toronto which I was fired up for.
  • Options
    NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 205
    My 9 year old is getting his shot tomorrow, so it's happening....
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,114
    As much as I like Florida I cannot see PJ playing in a state that has banned mandatory vax at events.  
    We've got a governor's chair & a senator seat to pick up in '22. They'll be here in some fashion.
    Speaking of governors, DeSantis is an empty (puffy) suit. Disney, Comcast/Universal (indoors), WWE, AEW, and a good number of other businesses enforce whatever mask policy that they see fit, and he's all talk. He only goes after school districts controlled by Democrats.

PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    Go Animal said:
    We've got a governor's chair & a senator seat to pick up in '22. They'll be here in some fashion.
    Speaking of governors, DeSantis is an empty (puffy) suit. Disney, Comcast/Universal (indoors), WWE, AEW, and a good number of other businesses enforce whatever mask policy that they see fit, and he's all talk. He only goes after school districts controlled by Democrats.

I’m listening to Miami 2016, which I was at, and easily makes my top 5, right now.  I would love to see them in FL again.  So I hope you’re right.  

• Options
    NDJeff7 said:
    My 9 year old is getting his shot tomorrow, so it's happening....
    That is great. 

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,185
    Go Animal said:

I’m listening to Miami 2016, which I was at, and easily makes my top 5, right now.  I would love to see them in FL again.  So I hope you’re right.  
    Dude, that show was AWESOME! That whole 16' tour was completely on fire. I go back and listen to that cycle more than anything else I have (and I have a ton of shows). 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 839
    Honestly, I don't think we see a tour announcement until after the holidays.  We are now in November and Thanksgiving is fast approaching.  We know they want to be as cautious as possible (and reduce their financial liability) and will definitely wait until after the New Year to announce the Spring Tour.  Be prepared to wait.
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 530
    vedpunk said:
    Honestly, I don't think we see a tour announcement until after the holidays.  We are now in November and Thanksgiving is fast approaching.  We know they want to be as cautious as possible (and reduce their financial liability) and will definitely wait until after the New Year to announce the Spring Tour.  Be prepared to wait.
    A hunch or informed? (I always take note when you post.)
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 824
    planning my cantrell trip as we speak. honestly, weighing seeing a legit 90's seattle icon in a legit seattle iconic venue is something I couldn't say no to. hopefully PJ doesn't conflict with it, but if it does, cantrell is the choice du jour. 
    Have you listened to his new 'country-rock' album?  I'm a big fan of AIC and Jerry, but not of this one.  Bummer.    
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 302
    Maybe the delay has to do with an EV + The Earthlings tour announcement? Could see a run of theater shows before (or after) the rescheduled PJ shows, perhaps?