I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    ^^^

I like the one on the bottom right!
    45 rpm of glorious audio.  What a great sounding record with A+ dynamics.  The opening bass riff just punches you in the gut. 
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    dankind said:
    Just bought David Bowie Heroes.

New. Love it.

Heroes is one of the top 20 songs written all time.
    You know, usually, you're full of shit, but you got this one correct.

It barely cracks Bowie’s top 20.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,596

Ok Jeff. Now I know where you got youre idea from. Back of sex pistols rock and roll swindle. (Edited for gore)...
    Got lucky with a whole bunch of lps. Been dry lately and bud moving out of town hooked me up in a big way.
    Listening to black sabbath on vinyl is like hearing it for the first time. Snowblind is literally killing me now.
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    I just paid for a Riot Act reissue.  That completes the studio LP set.

Two thumbs up on Desire by Bob Dylan
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    Cool never heard desire...will spin tonight. Riot act one of my favorites. Dont have it yet.
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    edited March 2019
    Desire is up there with Blood on the Tracks for me.
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Loujoe said:
    Cool never heard desire...will spin tonight. Riot act one of my favorites. Dont have it yet.
    The Riot Act reissue vinyl sounds great.  It's one of my favorite PJ albums anyway and when I finally heard it on vinyl for the first time I was knocked out cold.  Great album, great sounding vinyl.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,173
    Loujoe said:
    Listening to black sabbath on vinyl is like hearing it for the first time. Snowblind is literally killing me now.
    Figuratively..
    brianlux said:
    Loujoe said:
    The Riot Act reissue vinyl sounds great.  It's one of my favorite PJ albums anyway and when I finally heard it on vinyl for the first time I was knocked out cold.  Great album, great sounding vinyl.
    Yeah the only studio reissue that sounds really good.  The others are meh.
    mookieblalock skooaid:
    Loujoe said:
    Figuratively..
    True.
     I was getting a little carried away! Sound has that effect on me.

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    Loujoe said:
    That’s basically true of the originals as well. 
    DewieCox said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    Loujoe said:
    I think the original Vs and Vitalogy are pretty good.  
    DewieCox said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    Loujoe said:

mrussel1 said:
    DewieCox said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    Loujoe said:
    I think the original Yield vinyl sounds killer but maybe it's just because those songs are just so damn good to me.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817
    mrussel1 said:
    DewieCox said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    Loujoe said:
    Original: Vs, Vitalogy and Riot Act sound best to me. No Code, Yield, and Binaural are OK.
    Reissue: Riot Act holds up, the rest sound very similar or worse (see Vs., Vitalogy)
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
    pjpitt89 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    DewieCox said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    Loujoe said:
    Original: Vs, Vitalogy and Riot Act sound best to me. No Code, Yield, and Binaural are OK.
    Reissue: Riot Act holds up, the rest sound very similar or worse (see Vs., Vitalogy)
    Yes, Vitalogy took a big step back.  
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    ^^^Boobies!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817
    John Frusciante - The Empyrean (2019 reissue)
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

Whoa!  Now please, tell me about this.  Without knowing anything about it, trying to make the connection between Ben Folds and Reinhold Messner is like trying to make a connection between  Farrah Fawcett and Golda Meir.  It must be there somewhere but I'm stumped!

edited April 2019
    brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Whoa!  Now please, tell me about this.  Without knowing anything about it, trying to make the connection between Ben Folds and Reinhold Messner is like trying to make a connection between  Farrah Fawcett and Golda Meir.  It must be there somewhere but I'm stumped!
    Lol. Unfortunately it's not as exciting as a fan of the real Messner might hope Brian, even though the album is an amazing musical adventure as far as I'm concerned. :lol: From wikipedia:

"The title of the album refers to a name used by the band's drummer Darren Jessee and his friends on fake IDs as teenagers. The band was unaware of the existence of the real Reinhold Messner, the first man to climb Mount Everest solo, and the first to do so without the aid of bottled oxygen, until work on the album had already progressed. They were informed of his existence in 1999 during an interview with DJ Bruce Warren of WXPN radio.[1] In the record's liner notes, Messner is thanked for his understanding and cooperation. He later contacted the band to let them know that he was highly pleased with the album."

Ben Folds is the BEST. He one of my favorite artists, and is prolific, and offers so much for his fans. He's a true creative genius (and a piano genius) who is always out there doing more and doing something new. I just love him. Here is the full album we're discussing. I'm SUPER excited about it - this is the only reissue, and yes, it is made for audiophiles - sourced from the original mix reels (and if anyone is interested, hurry up and find it - it seems to be selling out FAST right now for some reason, even though it was reissued in 2017. I actually had my first order from SRC Canada cancelled because they oversold it (It said I got their last copy, but I guess they changed their mind :( ), and when I went straight to Analog Spark for it instead (too expensive - I then turned to discogs), it said they only had 8 copies left. Of course, it might get restocked on Amazon, and I might be panicking, but I don't want to take any chances, so hopefully the discogs seller works out. I'm really mad at myself for not buying it earlier though.... No clue why getting it is suddenly an issue (there is also a ltd red one, but I'm just going for the black).

Post edited by PJ_Soul on

• There's a trapdoor in the sun!
    2000 Pinkpop Festival, Netherlands
    2006 Arnhem, Netherlands
    2006 Antwerp, Belgium
    2007 Nijmegen, Netherlands
    2009 Philadelphia 4, PA
    2010 Bristow, VA
    2012 Amsterdam 1, Netherlands
    2013 Buffalo, NY
    2013 Baltimore, MD
    2015 Global Citizen Festival New York, NY
    2016 Hampton, VA
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Reignwolf’s “Hear Me Out” should be arriving today or tomorrow. Can’t wait to spin that!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    That Ben Folds Five record is no joke.  

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    My friend and co-worker Darin Coelho Spring gave me a copy of the vinyl soundtrack for his documentary "The Emperor of Dreams" and really fine film about the life of fantasy writer Clark Ashton Smith. Nice!