Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,800
    McGruff said:
    Just got Joe's Garage (all 3 acts) by Zappa, and Are You Experienced by Hendrix. Currently waiting on The Beatles 1967-1970, Singles Soundtracks (Vols. 1 & 2) and for 10C to send out Yield.
    OK. I'm iso acts 1&2. Always on the look out. Got act 3 for 20 bucks .  Horribly good (only spun it once but glad to have it for those special moments.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,800
    had about 10 minutes at Sit & Spin records in Philly. First time there. Piles of great obscure hardcore punkish eps. 99 cents a pop. Just grabbed 5 random ones.
    So far so bad...loving it.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    Loujoe said:
    had about 10 minutes at Sit & Spin records in Philly. First time there. Piles of great obscure hardcore punkish eps. 99 cents a pop. Just grabbed 5 random ones.
    So far so bad...loving it.
    This is awesome.  You can find some gems sometimes!
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,736
    Timing (of the arrival of this LP) is everything!  Another stellar Monk LP and the first I've heard from him with a larger ensemble.  Terrific!

Monk* – Big Band And Quartet In Concert

Primary

Label:Columbia – CS 8964
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo
    Released:1964
    Genre:Jazz

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Pick this one up on the way back from taking my wife to the airport (she and stepdaughter are going to a yarn style knitfest in Seattle).  I usually shy away from WaxTime LPs but the price was right ($15, like new), and, well, what the heck- Monk and Coltrane!  Great LP and this WT vinyl sounds pretty darned good.

Primary

Thelonious Monk With John Coltrane – Thelonious Monk With John Coltrane

Label:WaxTime – 771855
    Series:Jazz Classics (4)
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Limited Edition, Reissue, Remastered, 180 Gram
    Released:2013
    Genre:Jazz
    Style:Bop

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,893

• Options
    Just got back from checking my mail.  Now THIS is the perfect thing to have show up on my birthday!
    IMG

• Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,939
    brianlux said:
    Just got back from checking my mail.  Now THIS is the perfect thing to have show up on my birthday!
    IMG

Sweet! Happiest of birthday’s to you 🤘
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    IMG

Sweet! Happiest of birthday’s to you 🤘

Thank you!  :smile:

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,289
    brianlux said:
    IMG

Awesome, Brian. You finally have Weld on vinyl. What a great way to celebrate your birthday!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    goldrush said:
    brianlux said:
    IMG

Awesome, Brian. You finally have Weld on vinyl. What a great way to celebrate your birthday!

The first record I'm listening to is Ragged Glory and I'm already just totally losing it.  This sounds SO good.  OMG, it's like hearing it for the first time.  Neil, Poncho, Billy, and Frank all shine through the mix and the vocals are fantastic.  AMAZING! 
    Post edited by brianlux on

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    brianlux said:
    IMG

jealous!!!!!
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111 said:
    brianlux said:
    IMG

jealous!!!!!

LOL, I know the feeling.
    I don't spring for pricey box sets very often (rarely, actually), but I had been so vexed for years by there not being a good analogue version of Ragged Glory and none in my budget for Weld and never having heard much of Arc, this just turned out to be one of those "bust open the piggy bank" kind of deals for me.  I'm so glad I did.  If you're a big Neil fan, give it serious consideration!

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    brianlux said:
    static111 said:
    brianlux said:
    IMG

jealous!!!!!

LOL, I know the feeling.
    I don't spring for pricey box sets very often (rarely, actually), but I had been so vexed for years by there not being a good analogue version of Ragged Glory and none in my budget for Weld and never having heard much of Arc, this just turned out to be one of those "bust open the piggy bank" kind of deals for me.  I'm so glad I did.  If you're a big Neil fan, give it serious consideration!
    If they still have some around Christmas, then this is what my wife will be getting me!  I love Neil.  
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,893
    brianlux said:
    IMG

Awesome. Hope you enjoyed your bday. Happy birthday 🥳🥳
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    goldrush said:
    brianlux said:
    IMG

The first record I'm listening to is Ragged Glory and I'm already just totally losing it.  This sounds SO good.  OMG, it's like hearing it for the first time.  Neil, Poncho, Billy, and Frank all shine through the mix and the vocals are fantastic.  AMAZING! 
    Yeah, Ragged Glory on one disc was a crime. Plus, there’s the added bonus of Interstate now as well.

My set is on its way, but it’ll take a little longer before it arrives Down Under.

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    static111 said:
    brianlux said:
    static111 said:
    brianlux said:
    IMG

jealous!!!!!

LOL, I know the feeling.
    If they still have some around Christmas, then this is what my wife will be getting me!  I love Neil.  
    I really hope that happens for it! 
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:
    IMG

Awesome. Hope you enjoyed your bday. Happy birthday 🥳🥳
    Thanks!  It was a little lonely because my wife is in Seattle for the weekend for a yarn show (I call it a knit-a-thon, lol) but Neil and the boys kept me good rockin' company!
    goldrush said:
    brianlux said:
    goldrush said:
    brianlux said:
    IMG

Yeah, Ragged Glory on one disc was a crime. Plus, there’s the added bonus of Interstate now as well.

My set is on its way, but it’ll take a little longer before it arrives Down Under.

You will LOVE it!  I'm taking it one side at a time (18 sides total, wow!) so I can crank it up a little more than usual and then let my tinnitus settle down.  If my ears were not so shot, I would probably be tempted to do a Neil Young marathon because what I've heard so far- two sides- sounds that darned good!

• Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402
    Just landed on the doorstep:

• Options
    Just landed on the doorstep:

Enjoy!  I know you will!
    My wife got home last night and I was still carrying on about how good this (what I've heard so far) sounds.  Amazing!

• Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 638

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,656
    DC29940 said:

Very nice pickups!!
  • Options
    Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,350

Early Joy Division
    180g 3LP full show 

180g 3LP

• Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,833
    Poster and vinyl from local record store. 
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,833

• Options
    EB218946 said:

Which version of garage is that?
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    EB218946 said:

I love Garage Days.  I have the orange version and it sounds good. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    EB218946 said:

When the hell did they make an orange version?  Wal mart?
  • Options
    Picked this one up for a decent price ($15 U.S.)  and although it's a mixed bag, there are songs on here that are totally sweet!

Lou Barlow And His Sentridoh – A Collection Of Previously Released Songs

Primary
    Label:City Slang – EFA 04940-1
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Compilation
    Released:1994
    Genre:Rock
    Style:Alternative Rock, Lo-Fi, Indie Rock

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Picked this one up for a decent price ($15 U.S.)  and although it's a mixed bag, there are songs on here that are totally sweet!

Lou Barlow And His Sentridoh – A Collection Of Previously Released Songs

Primary
    Label:City Slang – EFA 04940-1
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Compilation
    Released:1994
    Genre:Rock
    Style:Alternative Rock, Lo-Fi, Indie Rock

Nice, Brian! :clap:

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    mrussel1 said:
    EB218946 said:

When the hell did they make an orange version?  Wal mart?
    No, it was part of the original release.  There was orange, "blackened" and maybe something else.  They are not expensive, there were a shit ton printed I think.  

https://www.discogs.com/release/11865888-Metallica-The-598-EP-Garage-Days-Re-Revisited