I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

pretextpretext Posts: 1,294
edited January 2014 in Other Music
I got a great package of new wax yesterday from Insound, and was wondering what folks around here are getting these days.
So, this is the place to share your new vinyl scores whenever you get 'em! Let's see if we can keep a running list and recommendations for each other.

My list from yesterday: Mudhoney - Superfuzz Bigmuff reissue - beautiful marbled grey. Sounds fantastic.
Yeasayer - Ambling Alp 12'' single
The National - Mistaken for Strangers 7." Mistaken for Strangers/Blank Slate
Arcade Fire - Cold Wind 7". Cold Wind/Brazil, Clear vinyl.

On Backorder: Mudhoney - Touch Me I'm Sick 7"
Exlpolsions in the Sky - Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Die...
The Twilight Sad - Forget the Night Ahead

Have at it, folks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    Love your idea. I will keep this going with you.

Just the other day I picked up The Piper at the Gates of Dawn Japanese 1st pressing in red vinyl
    also got Led Zep 1 & 2 German vinyl. Got it at a snip too £28 :-)
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,934
    Bleach reissue and new Black Crowes yesterday...
  • Quadraphenia, original pressing. 12bucks. tried to be as casual as possible about the find in the store. payed for it. then ran done the block like i just robbed a bank praying nobody from the store realized what just happened.
  • yesterday at a garage sale i scored a 1st pressing british version of the blind faith the cream super group with clapton and baker and steve winwood singing in like mint condition also bob dylan greatest hits with the milton poster still in it also live cream british press and to top it off 2 copys of quadraphinia 1 the orig and the other is from the movie soundtrack and has diffrent songs on side 4 plus the labels on the records are the cool who mod symbol all for a buck a piece
  • swear by sinswear by sin Austin TX Posts: 73
    neko case's blacklisted.
    Dallas 6/9/03
    Virginia Beach 6/17/08
    Austin 10/4/09
    San Diego 10/9/09
    Dallas 11/15/12 (EV)
    Dallas 11/15/13
    Austin 10/5/14
    Boston 8/7/16
    Nashville 9/16/22
    Fort Worth 9/15/23
    Austin 9/18/23
    Austin 9/19/23
  • i got a test pressing of the meat puppets "huevos" lp off of ebay for $19 (including shipping-from canada)! :D
    "DON'T HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME"
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    yesterday at a garage sale i scored a 1st pressing british version of the blind faith the cream super group with clapton and baker and steve winwood singing in like mint condition also bob dylan greatest hits with the milton poster still in it also live cream british press and to top it off 2 copys of quadraphinia 1 the orig and the other is from the movie soundtrack and has diffrent songs on side 4 plus the labels on the records are the cool who mod symbol all for a buck a piece

Oh wow, thats so cool, I love Blind Faith.
  • pjl44 wrote:

Just got the new Black Crowes vinyl too. It's sweet that they have all the "...Until the Freeze" tracks blended into the album. Great listen!
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    Over the last few weeks...
    Built To Spill ~ You In Reverse
    Pinback ~ Summer In Abaddon
    Nirvana ~ In Utero
    Gaslight Anthem ~ 59 Sound
    Tegan & Sara ~ The Con

Got my Embryonic pre-order locked in too :twisted:
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    just for Monday : went old school this week.

Neil young - harvest

Doors -doors

Alice n chains -sap / jars of flies mint -

Beastie boys- ill communication - mint -

Tool - ænima / green vinyl - new

Beastie boys - hello nasty . orange vinyl "sealed"

STP - purple "sealed"

Nirvana - unplugged "sealed" 180 gram back to black one

Led Zeppelin II Original LP SD 8236 mint -

that's just Monday i really need a rehab for vinyl !!!
  • i recently got the 200g deluxe quadrophenia remaster !! belting stuff & the quality of the handmade cover , booklet . outstanding !!!
    also, pearl jam ten ( redux)
    dark side of the moon
    the joshua tree (double) , unf fire remasters .

it's becoming addictive !! ( runs away to look at bank balance ) :oops:
  • Aaron 23Aaron 23 Allen, TX Posts: 523
    Just got a new stylus, so I'm back into the groove, again.

In the five days or so:

Doors - Doors
    Doors - LA Woman
    Moody Blues - Days of Future Passed
    Ben Harper - Diamonds On the Inside
    Ben Harper - Fight For Your Mind
    Muse - Black Holes and Revelations
    Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
    Eagles - Hotel California (signed by Glenn Frey...picked it up for $4.99, haha)
    Tool - Undertow
    Thom Yorke - Feeling Pulled Apart By Horses/The Hollow Earth double A side 12" 45
    Blue Oyster Cult - Agents of Fortune

I am pretty sure that's it...right now I'm spinning Ben Harper and R7's new album...good times.
  • YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    JB273968 wrote:
    Quadraphenia, original pressing. 12bucks. tried to be as casual as possible about the find in the store. payed for it. then ran done the block like i just robbed a bank praying nobody from the store realized what just happened.

:lol:

When I found my original pressing a few years ago I did exactly the same! Didn't get it quite as cheap, but felt like I'd robbed someone nonetheless :mrgreen:
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
    Yielded wrote:
    JB273968 wrote:
    Quadraphenia, original pressing. 12bucks. tried to be as casual as possible about the find in the store. payed for it. then ran done the block like i just robbed a bank praying nobody from the store realized what just happened.

When I found my original pressing a few years ago I did exactly the same! Didn't get it quite as cheap, but felt like I'd robbed someone nonetheless :mrgreen:

what is the catalog number for the original .. thanks

i see two different ones on eBay .. neither going for much .. !!
  • pretextpretext Posts: 1,294
    Hey, everyone, Insound's doing a 15% discount for the rest of the week! Here's the info:

Just because we love all you loyal newsletter subscribers, we're letting you in on limited time storewide sale this week. Until Friday, November 13th you can use the coupon code novstorewide15 to receive 15% off anything in the store.
  • Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    picked up a temptaions vinyl covering hey jude
    This is Not For You
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    jokertt14 wrote:
    Yielded wrote:
    JB273968 wrote:

what is the catalog number for the original .. thanks

i see two different ones on eBay .. neither going for much .. !!

it depends on the country is was issued in. this a great site for finding out what version is what, i've also gotten some great deals buying stuff used from there, too

http://www.discogs.com/Who-Quadrophenia/master/68475

according to the site it was released in 3 countries in '73, the US, UK and Germany (who had 2 versions) all with different catalog numbers
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
    it depends on the country is was issued in. this a great site for finding out what version is what, i've also gotten some great deals buying stuff used from there, too

http://www.discogs.com/Who-Quadrophenia/master/68475

according to the site it was released in 3 countries in '73, the US, UK and Germany (who had 2 versions) all with different catalog numbers

thank u .. u also answered what LP cover .. :D
  • R.E. M.'s Live At The Olympia.
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    nirvana - in utero 180 gram
    rem - document 180 gram
    beatles - white album
    rilo kiley - execution of all things 180 gram
    jimi hendrix - are you experienced

:thumbup:
    Long live vinyl !!

Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains the Same
    VAN HALEN "Balance" SEALED
    Led Zeppelin II Original LP SD 8236
    Neil Young Harvest German Import & U.S. version
    Van Halen -5150 & 0u812 ... just could pass up the deal
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    norm wrote:
    nirvana - in utero 180 gram
    rem - document 180 gram
    beatles - white album
    rilo kiley - execution of all things 180 gram
    jimi hendrix - are you experienced

:thumbup:

oh and Agent Orange's Surfing To Some Fucked Up Shit :mrgreen:
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    pjl44 wrote:

I've got Bleach too! Sealed actually, but I'm dying for the new Crowes on vinyl...I hinted at my GF for xmas. 8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    Pre-ordered the new Them Crooked Vultures.

Recently got The Dead Weather, Beastie Boys - Check Your Head Deluxe, Beastie Boys Ill Communication Deluxe, and Pearl Jam's Backspacer.

As others have said, this shit is addicting!! 8-)
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • last 2 weeks,
    1. GASLIGHT ANTHEM-59 SOUND CLEAR 7" (state of love & trust cover on B-side)
    2. GASLIGHT ANTHEM- GREAT EXPECTATIONS 7"
    3. PEARL JAM-THE FIXER UK 7" NUMBERED (0227)
    4. AEROSMITH-LOVE IN AN ELEVATOR 7" (with embroided patch)
    5. AEROSMITH-DONE WITH MIRRORS (1st pressing with backwards writing and a merchandise/fan club advert slip in mint condition)

i now have no money til pay day on 27 nov. booooooo.
    Caleb Benjamin Higgs-16th December 2006
    Max Lennon Higgs-22nd October 2010
    My two boys are the light of my life.

check my band/project out at www.soundclick.com/nineyardsleft
    ALICE IN CHAINS - Jar of Flies & SAP LP SEALED

i was so happy like i just robbed the place .. lol :lol::lol:
  • broke down and bought the in rainbows discbox off of radioheads website today. I have been putting that off for about a week now. also picked up nirvana the bbc sessions 89-92 on green vinyl and the white stripes universal buzz on transparent vinyl yesterday at the local record store. also got 30 albums a couple of days ago for a buck a piece at a going out of business sale. Plus neil young's live rust and freedom albums and Johnny Cash live at san quentin. plus a few more i can't think of for this month
  • jokertt14 wrote:
    ALICE IN CHAINS - Jar of Flies & SAP LP SEALED

i was so happy like i just robbed the place .. lol :lol::lol:

i learned how to play nutshell on guitar off of that album. literally picking up the needle and starting the song over and over. hope u give it a spin
  • Love my vinyl...and just wanted to say...craigslist can be a great place to score cheap albums! Too many to mention, but about four months ago I bought Ten, Vs., No Code, Yield, and Vitology for $100 from a guy. I felt like I had just ripped a kids Halloween candy...Salvation Army thrift stores can be a great place to score good records for next to nothing...I'm sure you all know this, but thought I would share!!!

Spin....Spin.... :ugeek:
  • pretextpretext Posts: 1,294
    jammerfall wrote:
    R.E. M.'s Live At The Olympia.

I was thinking about this, and think I'm going with the cd. Is the vinyl worthwhile? Hey, that rhymed! :mrgreen: