I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,093
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    EB218946 said:

Which version of garage is that?
    I love Garage Days.  I have the orange version and it sounds good. 
    When the hell did they make an orange version?  Wal mart?
    No, it was part of the original release.  There was orange, "blackened" and maybe something else.  They are not expensive, there were a shit ton printed I think.  

https://www.discogs.com/release/11865888-Metallica-The-598-EP-Garage-Days-Re-Revisited
    2018 release NOT the original.  OK and it's Blackened label, Metallicas label.  I know they came out with some and had colored reissues of all the albums.

Pretty neat.

This is my fav era of Metallica give and take a few years before and after. Puppets to Justice.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,694
    edited August 2023
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    EB218946 said:

No, it was part of the original release.  There was orange, "blackened" and maybe something else.  They are not expensive, there were a shit ton printed I think.  

https://www.discogs.com/release/11865888-Metallica-The-598-EP-Garage-Days-Re-Revisited
    2018 release NOT the original.  OK and it's Blackened label, Metallicas label.  I know they came out with some and had colored reissues of all the albums.

Pretty neat.

This is my fav era of Metallica give and take a few years before and after. Puppets to Justice.
    I didn't mean teh original release in 1987.  I meant the re-release that happened in 2018.  Point is, this isn't a Wal-Mart issue.  But you're right on the label, I was reading it as what they called the color.  Thought it was marbled for something, but it's just straight black. 

I think this is in the ONLY Metallica era that is worthwhile.  Justice was their last record of any interest to me.  When I was 14 my brother took me to see them open for Ozzy.  Believe that was 86.  Cliff was alive.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    EB218946 said:

Pretty neat.

I didn't mean teh original release in 1987.  I meant the re-release that happened in 2018.  Point is, this isn't a Wal-Mart issue.  But you're right on the label, I was reading it as what they called the color.  Thought it was marbled for something, but it's just straight black. 

I think this is in the ONLY Metallica era that is worthwhile.  Justice was their last record of any interest to me.  When I was 14 my brother took me to see them open for Ozzy.  Believe that was 86.  Cliff was alive.  
    Cool.  Walmart reissued some and were colored vinyl exclusive to them, this isn't one of them.  Noted. The Walmarts were pretty hot for a while.

You got to see cliff.  F n A.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,694
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    EB218946 said:

Pretty neat.

Cool.  Walmart reissued some and were colored vinyl exclusive to them, this isn't one of them.  Noted. The Walmarts were pretty hot for a while.

You got to see cliff.  F n A.
    I did.. but I was 14 and barely remember.  I do remember the crowd.  It was maybe my first concert.  I went to Iron Maiden either shortly before or after, but either way the crowds were pretty rough in Cleveland back then.  My parents definitely did not know where we were.  I knew Metallica though, as I just really discovered Ride The Lightning about that time.  Loved them.  

And yeah, those Wal mart records were hot.  I thought it was quite strange, but oh well.  I give Metallica credit for using Bellman and Pallas during this time.  Lars is still a dick though. 
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,313
    brianlux said:
    goldrush said:
    brianlux said:
    Just got back from checking my mail.  Now THIS is the perfect thing to have show up on my birthday!
    IMG

Awesome, Brian. You finally have Weld on vinyl. What a great way to celebrate your birthday!

Thank you!  :smile:
    The first record I'm listening to is Ragged Glory and I'm already just totally losing it.  This sounds SO good.  OMG, it's like hearing it for the first time.  Neil, Poncho, Billy, and Frank all shine through the mix and the vocals are fantastic.  AMAZING! 
    Mine arrived yesterday… but my wife has confiscated it until Father’s Day (September 3rd) so I’ve got another 2 weeks until I can spin it! Dammit!

She’s not getting her hands on Chrome Dreams or Odeon-Budokan when they turn up, that’s for sure!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,770
    goldrush said:
    brianlux said:
    goldrush said:
    brianlux said:
    Just got back from checking my mail.  Now THIS is the perfect thing to have show up on my birthday!
    IMG

Awesome, Brian. You finally have Weld on vinyl. What a great way to celebrate your birthday!

Thank you!  :smile:
    The first record I'm listening to is Ragged Glory and I'm already just totally losing it.  This sounds SO good.  OMG, it's like hearing it for the first time.  Neil, Poncho, Billy, and Frank all shine through the mix and the vocals are fantastic.  AMAZING! 
    Mine arrived yesterday… but my wife has confiscated it until Father’s Day (September 3rd) so I’ve got another 2 weeks until I can spin it! Dammit!

She’s not getting her hands on Chrome Dreams or Odeon-Budokan when they turn up, that’s for sure!

It definitely something to look forward to.  I know what you will be doing on Father's Day! :smiley:
    Chrome Dreams is great.  I have an earlier "unofficial" copy.  The guy in the shop told me it was legit and it's not so I feel a bit bad about that, but I already have it so will keep it.  So good!
    I also ordered Odeon Budokan and am looking forward to hearing it!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,839
    Sorry guys I forget how to reply to a message.  Lol.  
  • Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,667

New Hiss Golden Messenger!!
  • Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 640

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 758

• Options
    Robbert said:

Nice collection- great song writer!  I was sad to hear of his passing.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Very much enjoying this one picked up at a good price (surprisingly affordable out there):

Primary

Wynton Marsalis – Black Codes (From The Underground)

Label:Columbia – FC 40009
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo, Pitman Pressing
    Released:1985
    Genre:Jazz
    Style:Post Bop, Contemporary Jazz, Modal

• Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 640

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,655

All UK first pressings except for Sabbath Bloody Sabbath which is an early Bilbo repress. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    pjpjpaul said:

All UK first pressings except for Sabbath Bloody Sabbath which is an early Bilbo repress. 

Quite the nice batch of classic there, Paul!  Score!

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Very happy to add this one to my Miles collection.  This is a great sounding re-issue and nice to find there some out there that are very reasonably priced.  A major improvement over the lesser release I had a while back.

Miles Davis – Milestones

IMG
    Label:Columbia – CL 1193
    Series:Miles Davis-The Original Mono Recordings
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Remastered, Mono, 180g
    Released:2013
    Genre:Jazz
    Style:Hard Bop

• Options
    Nice score on that Sabbath first album!
  • Options
    Thanks. That one is going for insane asking prices many places. I'm glad to have a person I trust in the UK that can help me source these types of albums at reasonable prices. I only need Technical Ecstasy and Never Say Die to have OG pressings of all the early Ozzy era albums. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    pjpjpaul said:
    Thanks. That one is going for insane asking prices many places. I'm glad to have a person I trust in the UK that can help me source these types of albums at reasonable prices. I only need Technical Ecstasy and Never Say Die to have OG pressings of all the early Ozzy era albums. 
    I've got the OG Sabbath too but my cover has fallen apart but it is the real deal!
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    edited September 2023

Haven’t spent this much in one day for a good long while.  I have all the nick cave on CD but am working toward having his catalogue on vinyl.  My wife wanted the Cautious Clay.
    Post edited by static111 on
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111 said:

Haven’t spent this much in one day for a good long while.  I have all the nick cave on CD but am working toward having his catalogue on vinyl.  My wife wanted the Cautious Clay.

Oooh, lotta Cave.  Nice!

• Options
    Happy Father’s Day to me  =)

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush said:

Wow that's a lotta Neil Young.
  • Options
    goldrush said:

The new ORS box set has a 2x LP Freedom, 3x LP Ragged Glory, 3x LP Weld, and single disc Arc. 
    Chrome Dreams is 2x LP as well. 11 discs in total to keep me busy!

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush said:
    goldrush said:

The new ORS box set has a 2x LP Freedom, 3x LP Ragged Glory, 3x LP Weld, and single disc Arc. 

All great stuff you will love!  Arc is a little challenging on my patience, but at least I finally got to hear it and have it for times when Metal Machine Music is just a tad too much... :lol:

• Options

Both US original pressings. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,048
    Nice!!!!  ^^^^^
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Just arrived!
    IMG

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Just arrived!
    IMG

Sweet!

Did you notice the labelling mistakes? 

NYA has Odeon Budokan listed as Performance Series 06. The label on the vinyl says Special Release Series 03. The spine and stamp on the reverse jacket of the vinyl says Special Release Series 04.

Standards are slipping at NYA  =)

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    brianlux said:
    goldrush said:
    goldrush said:

All great stuff you will love!  Arc is a little challenging on my patience, but at least I finally got to hear it and have it for times when Metal Machine Music is just a tad too much... :lol:
    I got Arc on CD when it came out, I’ve probably only listened to it twice in over 30 years!

I noticed that my copy of Chrome Dreams doesn’t have the ‘NYA SRS 06’ label on the spine. I got it from Neil’s US store; people who got it from the UK store have said theirs has the label. A bit strange, and a little annoying as I like the consistency of labelling, especially when it comes to specifics series. Oh well, I’m not buying it twice just to get the right label!

Post edited by goldrush on

(Tim Rogers)