• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,776
    goldrush said:
    brianlux said:
    Just arrived!
    IMG

Sweet!

Did you notice the labelling mistakes? 

NYA has Odeon Budokan listed as Performance Series 06. The label on the vinyl says Special Release Series 03. The spine and stamp on the reverse jacket of the vinyl says Special Release Series 04.

Standards are slipping at NYA  =)

How strange! 
    I'm sorry to see, as you say, the standards at NYA are slipping.  In my big box set (22-25) side 4 of Weld had some nicks (not real serious but not what you would expect of new vinyl)  and my Odeon is slightly dish warped- not enough to return it but still...  I hope these kinds of issues don't continue to happen.
    goldrush said:
    brianlux said:
    goldrush said:
    goldrush said:
    Happy Father’s Day to me  =)

Wow that's a lotta Neil Young.
    The new ORS box set has a 2x LP Freedom, 3x LP Ragged Glory, 3x LP Weld, and single disc Arc. 
    Chrome Dreams is 2x LP as well. 11 discs in total to keep me busy!

All great stuff you will love!  Arc is a little challenging on my patience, but at least I finally got to hear it and have it for times when Metal Machine Music is just a tad too much... :lol:
    I got Arc on CD when it came out, I’ve probably only listened to it twice in over 30 years!

I noticed that my copy of Chrome Dreams doesn’t have the ‘NYA SRS 06’ label on the spine. I got it from Neil’s US store; people who got it from the UK store have said theirs has the label. A bit strange, and a little annoying as I like the consistency of labelling, especially when it comes to specifics series. Oh well, I’m not buying it twice just to get the right label!

Wow- slipping standards again! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,942
    was just given a copy of an album a guy at work was a part of. Small Movies is the band.  They are on Apple Music. Said they have a youtube channel with a video cut from the album and are on spotify too. Album is called One. Not bad at all.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,882

• Options
    49 cents well spent. New to me music. 
  • Options
    Groovy as all heck. A small pile of goodies for 3ish bucks.
    "I feel the black nails a pounding now into the coffin of our looooovee" 
    Complete with serious rattles. Check it out. Dig.
  • Options
    Loujoe said:

Very cool!  A great old record.  Saw Country Joe and the Fish at a Vietnam War protest rally on the promenade in front of San Francisco's city hall.  
    Joe did the fish chant with the crowd only it went like:
    Give and an F!
    Ffffffffffffffffff!
    Give me a U!
    Uuuuuuuuuu!
    Give me a C!
    Ccccccccccc!
    Give me a K!
    Kkkkkkkkkkk!
    What's that spell?
    FUUUUUUCK!
    What's that spell?
    FUUUUUUCK!
    What's that spell?
    FUUUUUUCK!

:lol:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,700
    Croos1226 said:
    yeah I was excited to see this.  I thought we were getting it five years ago.  I ordered two swirls, one for me and one for my son whose b-day is right around then. I hope it's as well done as Crash, but I would honestly be shocked if they recorded it to analog like Crash was.  
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,990
    Big Wreck, "but for the sun" and a signed "in loving memory of" off their website.  
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,822
    mrussel1 said:
    Croos1226 said:
    yeah I was excited to see this.  I thought we were getting it five years ago.  I ordered two swirls, one for me and one for my son whose b-day is right around then. I hope it's as well done as Crash, but I would honestly be shocked if they recorded it to analog like Crash was.  
    Sold out, seems I missed it, though it says "check back soon". I was under the impression that there was analog tapes of this? I thought that was why people were always clamoring for it, plus the fact that the OG pressing seems scarce.  

Hope to get a black copy if they don't reup the swirl
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    pjpitt89 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Croos1226 said:
    Sold out, seems I missed it, though it says "check back soon". I was under the impression that there was analog tapes of this? I thought that was why people were always clamoring for it, plus the fact that the OG pressing seems scarce.  

Wow, that was fast to sell out.  Geez.  I have no idea if it's analog.  I was just saying I would be surprised because 98 feels like the straight digital era.  I hope I'm wrong.  

Also watch for an Amazon type special release.  They did the swirl for Crash.  It looked great, but it had distortion in Monkey that sucked.  I ended up getting a black which was clean as a whistle.  
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,871
    Nami said:
    Big Wreck, "but for the sun" and a signed "in loving memory of" off their website.  
    with Brian's (RIP) signature. I got that with the VIP experience on that tour. rare to have a signed vinyl sealed. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,822
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpitt89 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Croos1226 said:

Wow, that was fast to sell out.  Geez.  I have no idea if it's analog.  I was just saying I would be surprised because 98 feels like the straight digital era.  I hope I'm wrong.  

Also watch for an Amazon type special release.  They did the swirl for Crash.  It looked great, but it had distortion in Monkey that sucked.  I ended up getting a black which was clean as a whistle.  
    Walmart popped up with an exclusive pressing on yellow vinyl for $34 so I preordered there, I'll keep my eye around. Fingers crossed that it's done the right way, like Crash
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    pjpitt89 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpitt89 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Croos1226 said:

Walmart popped up with an exclusive pressing on yellow vinyl for $34 so I preordered there, I'll keep my eye around. Fingers crossed that it's done the right way, like Crash
    Geez, $10 cheaper.  Looks like it comes with teh gatefold and booklet too.  Bastards.

I read the Warehouse one closer.  Lacquer cut by Bellman, so that's good. You know it will be quality.  He did Crash, Red Rocks and basically all of their high quality records.  So while I still dont' think it will be AAA, I think it will be good. 
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    Loujoe said:

Very cool!  A great old record.  Saw Country Joe and the Fish at a Vietnam War protest rally on the promenade in front of San Francisco's city hall.  
    Give and an F!
    Ffffffffffffffffff!
    Give me a U!
    Uuuuuuuuuu!
    Give me a C!
    Ccccccccccc!
    Give me a K!
    Kkkkkkkkkkk!
    What's that spell?
    FUUUUUUCK!
    What's that spell?
    FUUUUUUCK!
    What's that spell?
    FUUUUUUCK!

First thing I did when I was spinning this was refer to
    No mention of said protest...
  • Options
    One in a crowd 2....coming soon?
    Strike while the iron is hot.  
    I'll pre-order a signed copy.
  • Options

• Options
    think of the history absorbed in this jacket. The journey into my hands... 

Damn....blowing my mind. Time to kick on the ol lava lamp.
  • Options
    Lovingly taped together. Really priceless piece of crap...

• Options
    Sounds fantastic...anyway. bye bye.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpitt89 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpitt89 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Croos1226 said:

Geez, $10 cheaper.  Looks like it comes with teh gatefold and booklet too.  Bastards.

I read the Warehouse one closer.  Lacquer cut by Bellman, so that's good. You know it will be quality.  He did Crash, Red Rocks and basically all of their high quality records.  So while I still dont' think it will be AAA, I think it will be good. 
    I missed this drop because I was busy at work, but I actually prefer the standard black for this one .
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    brianlux said:
    Loujoe said:

Give and an F!
    Ffffffffffffffffff!
    Give me a U!
    Uuuuuuuuuu!
    Give me a C!
    Ccccccccccc!
    Give me a K!
    Kkkkkkkkkkk!
    What's that spell?
    FUUUUUUCK!
    What's that spell?
    FUUUUUUCK!
    What's that spell?
    FUUUUUUCK!

If I could have a nickel for every little addition or change I would have made had I thought of it at the time... :lol:
    Loujoe said:
    I've considered doing at least a revised version... and then I think about how much brain power and energy that would take...
    Exhausted Gif - GIFcen

But maybe some day I'll get my little Notes and Quotes manuscript together and printed (about 70 pages).  It contains a lot about music and other thoughts and observations. 

By the way- love the colors in your photo and that sweet little leaf drawing.  :smiley:

• Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,656

Both US OG pressings. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,317
    You Am I had a 30% off sale last week. Very happy with this little haul.

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,990
    Nami said:
    with Brian's (RIP) signature. I got that with the VIP experience on that tour. rare to have a signed vinyl sealed. 
    Yes.  you check out 7.2 and 7.3?    Can't get enough of them.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    goldrush said:

I have never heard of this band?
  • Options
    goldrush said:

My favourite Australian band and singer  =)

They were bigger in the 90s, but they are still going strong. Lee Ranaldo from Sonic Youth produced their first 2 records but I don't think they ever really broke through in the US. Heavy Heart is probably their best-known song and that was 25 years ago!

Berlin Chair (1993)
    https://youtu.be/Nwsyr5gAEuM?si=NsKh7_naJRbeEtmz

Heavy Heart (1998)
    https://youtu.be/m57Ut4tMlsU?si=THS7q5MySTE3xpGU

It Ain't Funny How We Don't Talk Anymore (2006)
    https://youtu.be/x3ef5oAmVII?si=J0dwfk2aQA-ALRni

Trigger Finger (2010)
    https://youtu.be/sXMssG9eqr8?si=ib_kkgxgkoqAgZZS

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,979
    goldrush said:
    goldrush said:

They were bigger in the 90s, but they are still going strong. Lee Ranaldo from Sonic Youth produced their first 2 records but I don't think they ever really broke through in the US. Heavy Heart is probably their best-known song and that was 25 years ago!

Berlin Chair (1993)

Heavy Heart (1998)

Trigger Finger (2010)
    One of the all time great Australian bands. Seen them a few times. At a festival one day I caught Rusty’s drumstick. Got him to sign it later that night a little meet and greet up the back. He signed it ‘you owe me $5’. Tim Rodgers was pissed as a fart. 

Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    goldrush said:
    goldrush said:

Berlin Chair (1993)

Heavy Heart (1998)

Trigger Finger (2010)
    One of the all time great Australian bands. Seen them a few times. At a festival one day I caught Rusty’s drumstick. Got him to sign it later that night a little meet and greet up the back. He signed it ‘you owe me $5’. Tim Rodgers was pissed as a fart. 

Nice! Tim is such a great frontman, just the right combination of flamboyant, arrogant and funny as hell.

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    Loujoe said:
    brianlux said:
    Loujoe said:

Give and an F!
    Ffffffffffffffffff!
    Give me a U!
    Uuuuuuuuuu!
    Give me a C!
    Ccccccccccc!
    Give me a K!
    Kkkkkkkkkkk!
    What's that spell?
    FUUUUUUCK!
    What's that spell?
    FUUUUUUCK!
    What's that spell?
    FUUUUUUCK!

If I could have a nickel for every little addition or change I would have made had I thought of it at the time... :lol:
    Loujoe said:
    I've considered doing at least a revised version... and then I think about how much brain power and energy that would take...
    Exhausted Gif - GIFcen

But maybe some day I'll get my little Notes and Quotes manuscript together and printed (about 70 pages).  It contains a lot about music and other thoughts and observations. 

By the way- love the colors in your photo and that sweet little leaf drawing.  :smiley:
    I found the site where you order your book. It mentions that you can get it signed. Is that still possible?