NCAA College Football -

Comments

• lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    Yep...just beat Ohio State and you are in.  I don't think it will happen, but that is why they play the games.

Think SC is going to have to be on top of their game to beat Stanford again.  Tough enough to beat the same team 2x in a season, but Stanford looked really good in beating Dame around.

Auburn also will have a tough time beating same team 2x in Georgia.  I think the Dawgs win.

Updated CFP Guess?  I think Bama would be better than OSU but I also think that the committee will feel the need to give some credence to winning your Conference...and also that Auburn losing to Georgia would bump them up further.  If Auburn beats Georgia, I think OSU is out and Bama is in there.  Gonna be a wild finish.  Miami and TCU wins this week would really muddy up the water.

1. Clemson
    2. Oklahoma
    3. Georgia
    4. Ohio State

btw, the Schiano scenario was wild.

I hate to say this but.... I think Auburn will beat Georgia again and will be in. that is... if their running back is ok to play next week. Bama is done without some help from Miami or TCU. my predictions mirror what will probably be the rankings this week.

1. Clemson

2. Oklahoma

3. Wisconsin

4. Auburn

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    "The committee" is fucking dumb.  Dumbest idea in college football championship history.  Should've kept the BCS poll and just put the top 4 teams from it in.  It was much more accurate and not based on the opinions of just a handful of people, most of whom likely don't know jack shit about sports, let alone college football.
    Personally I think it should be 8 teams. 5 power conferences all get their champion in and 3 wild cards.  and somehow Alabama is going to get in.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    edited November 2017
    NO way should a two loss tO$U team make it in over any team with one loss currently ahead of them.  But I would love to see them get smoked by Clemson again. 
    Post edited by pjsteelerfan on
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    NO way should a two loss tO$U team make it in over any team with one loss currently ahead of them.  But I would love to see them get smoked by Clemson again. 
    I don't think anyone is saying that.  OSU is out, but Bama is in if Wisconsin loses.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    I don't think anyone is saying that.  OSU is out, but Bama is in if Wisconsin loses.
    I was theorizing that OSU gets in on the basis they are conf champs over Bama in some scenarios. 

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I was theorizing that OSU gets in on the basis they are conf champs over Bama in some scenarios. 

Oh, yeah...I missed that.

Oh, yeah...I missed that.
    Big Ten will make a huge stink if Bama were to get in over a two loss OSU.  Even though Bama is probably the better team.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    pjhawks said:
    "The committee" is fucking dumb.  Dumbest idea in college football championship history.  Should've kept the BCS poll and just put the top 4 teams from it in.  It was much more accurate and not based on the opinions of just a handful of people, most of whom likely don't know jack shit about sports, let alone college football.
    Personally I think it should be 8 teams. 5 power conferences all get their champion in and 3 wild cards.  and somehow Alabama is going to get in.
    I agree.  I think 8 teams is the right number.  Anywhere outside of that and I don't think a team has a legitimate argument for being crowned as National Champion.  When you get into 12 teams or 16 you're going to end up with a 3-loss team going on a run and winning it all on occasion.  And let's face it, does anyone really think a 3-loss team is the best in the country?
    And yes, unfortunately Alabama will somehow weasel into the playoff.
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    Alabama is not good this year. They are by far the worst team in the top 6-ish teams. OSU is tremendously overrated as well. Them playing either with an injured Barrett or without him all together will be great for the defense. If he can't scramble to get away from our pass rush, it will be a very long day for him. I don't see their offense getting more than 20 points on us. Really it comes down to what our offense can do.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
    ehbacon said:
    Alabama is not good this year. They are by far the worst team in the top 6-ish teams. OSU is tremendously overrated as well. Them playing either with an injured Barrett or without him all together will be great for the defense. If he can't scramble to get away from our pass rush, it will be a very long day for him. I don't see their offense getting more than 20 points on us. Really it comes down to what our offense can do.

:lol:

Auburn is the hottest team in the country right now... better hope your Badgers don't have to go against them in the playoffs.  you remember the Michigan State vs Bama game a few years back? that's what happens when an untested Big 10 team has to play a SEC team.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Bama is not good?  Because they lost to their rivals in the Iron Bowl?
    Bama's 2nd stringer at almost every D position starts for most teams in College Football.

(I do think that they could do better at QB.)

Bama would beat Wisconsin by 24.  Thinking the score would be 24-0.

ehbacon said:
    I would not say Alabama is not good, maybe just not as good as past Bama teams. And its not like Wisconsin played a very tough schedule either. Hardest game so far against a young Michigan team at home that lost any chance of wining once Peters was injured?   But don't get me wrong, I'll be pulling for them to beat OSU. Will be hard, OSU tends to get every call their way.
    pjhawks said:
    I agree.  I think 8 teams is the right number.  Anywhere outside of that and I don't think a team has a legitimate argument for being crowned as National Champion.  When you get into 12 teams or 16 you're going to end up with a 3-loss team going on a run and winning it all on occasion.  And let's face it, does anyone really think a 3-loss team is the best in the country?
    I'd prefer 12 with the top 4 getting a bye. I'd take 8 over the format they are using now. Seems to work with all the other divisions in college, but they don't have all the sponsors involved. What the networks and sponsors don't realize is I'd actually tune in to watch a playoff game of the 8 and 9 seeds playing. But no chance I'm watching the Dollar General bowl  or Las Vegas Bowl unless my team is in it. 
    pjhawks said:
    I'd prefer 12 with the top 4 getting a bye. I'd take 8 over the format they are using now. Seems to work with all the other divisions in college, but they don't have all the sponsors involved. What the networks and sponsors don't realize is I'd actually tune in to watch a playoff game of the 8 and 9 seeds playing. But no chance I'm watching the Dollar General bowl  or Las Vegas Bowl unless my team is in it. 

I would even take a 6 team playoff with the top 2 gets bye.

I think eventually it will go to this. like you said, the sponsors are passing up $$$

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Yep...just beat Ohio State and you are in.  I don't think it will happen, but that is why they play the games.

Think SC is going to have to be on top of their game to beat Stanford again.  Tough enough to beat the same team 2x in a season, but Stanford looked really good in beating Dame around.

no one cares about SC :lol:

we’re talking CFP

ACC champ
    SEC champ
    sconnie, if they win
    OK if they win

barring that, who knows?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Tonight is going to be exciting, even as an Irish fan. These kinds of rankings make every week exciting. And it always provides room for discussion and debate. Except in regards to SC. fUSC
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    fND, bigly. 

Shoddy camerawork!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Cameraman went to.....Miami?
    Hahaha...you could insert any FLA school.
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    I just want my Razorbacks to make a good hire this time... 
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    The Tennessee dumpster fire coaching search has been fascinating to watch.  Coaches at Purdue and Duke told them to go pound sand.  Now it appears that Phillip Fulmer had been sabotaging the search so he can be the new AD.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Jason P said:
    The Tennessee dumpster fire coaching search has been fascinating to watch.  Coaches at Purdue and Duke told them to go pound sand.  Now it appears that Phillip Fulmer had been sabotaging the search so he can be the new AD.

That has been a lot of fun to watch.  What a disaster!  
    Jason P said:

That has been a lot of fun to watch.  What a disaster!  
    If only something like this were to happen at USC...
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Jimbo leaving FSU for A&M
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    Indianapolis bound, can't wait for tomorrow night
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]

Tennessee is a fucking joke.

Jones drove that program into the ground. It's in worse shape than when Dooley got fired.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    ehbacon said:
    Indianapolis bound, can't wait for tomorrow night
    Have fun!  Go Bucks!!! ;)
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Thanks for the great years Jimbo, but go fuck yourself you chicken shit sellout! Have fun playing second & third fiddle to Saban & Malzahn every year.