EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    Just saw that -- damn, those kids are all gonna be bombarded with transfer offers!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,797
    So who slides into that gig?

Dabo?
    Dan Lanning?
    Kiffin?
    Unemployed Pete Carroll? 

"A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,932
    I don't see Carroll going back to college, but that hire is going to be an interesting one for sure. 
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    Dan Lanning I would think 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,938
    Wobbie said:
    Saban retiring :tired_face:
    yeah that was kinda shocking considering he just almost went to the national championship game.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,492
    I have no idea, but I’m thinking he may be tired of the portal shit….like me.

also, can you scrape together as much NIL money in a backwater like tuscsloosa? I’m not sure Bama produces deep pocketed alumni like some schools.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    dabo would keep them hateable.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    I don’t see Dabo taking the spot. He’s now the highest paid football coach. I don’t see him leaving and giving that #1 spot, too big of a risk if things don’t work out when you’ve already got it made.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    I don’t see Dabo taking the spot. He’s now the highest paid football coach. I don’t see him leaving and giving that #1 spot, too big of a risk if things don’t work out when you’ve already got it made.
    yeah, and “tyler from spartanburg” might be nothing compared to the bama folk.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    Plus, Dabo wants nothing to do with a harder schedule.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,967
    edited January 11
    Can't confirm but I've heard from a couple Bama people that are "in the know" that his wife was diagnosed with Alzheimers recently and that's why he's retiring. He's always had a private family life for the most part. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    That is awful to hear.  IIRC, it was Saban's wife who was instrumental in getting him to move from the NFL/Miami to Alabama.
    Those Bama fans should be doubly sad.
  • Options
    I hate this “deboer to bama, fisch to washington, X to arizona” shit. it never ends. who goes to michigan when harbaugh “pulls a pete carroll”?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,867
    Washington hung around and fought back into it....and then self distructed.
    Surprised to read and see this us Michigan's first undisputed title in forever.  (1940s, I believe)
    That 97 team was truly a split.  Nebraska was undefeated and beat a better opponent in the bowl, I always gave them that trophy.

undisputed you say?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Surprised to read and see this us Michigan's first undisputed title in forever.  (1940s, I believe)
    That 97 team was truly a split.  Nebraska was undefeated and beat a better opponent in the bowl, I always gave them that trophy.

undisputed you say?
    Disputing because of the sign stealing?
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,867
    mickeyrat said:

undisputed you say?
    Yes. That douchebag was still employed by that team for the first time for the year and the NCAA still has to Levy whatever fucking bullshit sanctions because they will be against that team whenever they do it. They did a quit themselves rather admirably on the back half of the season after the Scandal broke thoroughly man handled and took care of Ohio State and did the same throughout the playoffs and the championship game. For me there's an asterisk on this season for the Michigan Wolverines

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    ^ this guy gets it.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    ^ this guy gets it.
    plus, Georgia could have beaten anyone in the CFP.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

undisputed you say?
    Yes. That douchebag was still employed by that team for the first time for the year and the NCAA still has to Levy whatever fucking bullshit sanctions because they will be against that team whenever they do it. They did a quit themselves rather admirably on the back half of the season after the Scandal broke thoroughly man handled and took care of Ohio State and did the same throughout the playoffs and the championship game. For me there's an asterisk on this season for the Michigan Wolverines

I hear ya. 
    I'm on record as hating Harbaugh and thinking the sanctions should be severe.  That stated, they played the toughest games "outed" as cheaters and I'm sure the teams protected their play calls.  I don't doubt that they won the 4 team playoff.

Also agree, Wob, about Georgia....but they lost their conference final and I have no issue with the team that beat them getting in instead of them.
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    Crazy! Miami TE McCormick granted 9th year of eligibility. 

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/2024/01/18/cam-mccormick-ninth-year/
  • Options
    Surely there are some Van Wilder jokes in there.
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,152
    “You know a lot of people go to school for seven years.”

“I know, they’re called doctors.”

Tommy Boy!
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,673
    “You know a lot of people go to school for seven years.”

“I know, they’re called doctors.”

Tommy Boy!
    It's a clip on...
  • Options
    Are you sure?
  • Options
    Are you sure?
    Very quotable movie!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,247

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:

Another quality reference!
  • Options
    😂 
  • Options
    AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363
    Wobbie said:
    ^ this guy gets it.
    plus, Georgia could have beaten anyone in the CFP.
    Uh, no. They couldn't even beat Alabama.