NCAA College Football -

BamaPJFanBamaPJFan Posts: 410
edited January 2014 in All Encompassing Trip
I can't believe I haven't come across a college football thread for this upcoming season. What's wrong with you people? Pro baseball (or watching paint dry) is for the birds; it's time for the real American sport to begin.

I started the 2009 college football thread and picked Florida to win the title. I picked my Crimson Tide #5, but I was basically attemtping not to jinx Bama when I made my pick because I felt like they were going to win the SEC and play for the BCS championship. This season, I feel like is up for grabs more than any season in recent memory.

I'll go with Oklahoma to be the last man standing. I think the Sooners are the class of the Big XII (or what's soon to be left of the Big XII). Texas and Nebraska will be in good shape to mount a serious challenge though. Ohio State is a trendy pick to make the title game, but I really think that someone in the Big Ten will knock OSU off (maybe Iowa or Wisconsin). I give the nod to Florida in the SEC. I think Alabama's schedule is too tough (but, then again, it's always tough) and Bama has to replace some big names on defense - particularly in the secondary and at placekicker. The annual "What about Boise State" disclaimer: If the Broncos can get by Virginia Tech in week one, then they will likely go undefeated barring any key injuries (however, Nevada and Oregon State might present a couple of tough challenges). But, in order for Boise to make it to Glendale for the title game, they will still need help along the way in the form of other highly ranked BCS-conference teams losing games late in the season.

September 2nd is just around the corner!!!
United Center (Chicago): 8/24/09
Gibson Amphitheatre (Los Angeles): 10/7/09

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I can't wait to go to some of the UConn games! Went to the Halloween one last year; the first home game after Jasper Howard died.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • My squad is #12 ranked Wisconsin Badgers.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Go Army !!! Beat Navy!!!
  • BamaPJFanBamaPJFan Posts: 410
    Newch91 wrote:
    I can't wait to go to some of the UConn games! Went to the Halloween one last year; the first home game after Jasper Howard died.

The Huskies have been very impressive since they made the move to I-A.
    United Center (Chicago): 8/24/09
    Gibson Amphitheatre (Los Angeles): 10/7/09

• jmsjms Posts: 243
    I'm a huge college football fan. I have missed one or two Tennessee home games the last 15 years or so. Looks like another rocky season in Knoxville but I love it win or lose.

I think we travel up to uconn for a game in the next 3-4 years
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,242
    #10 Iowa Hawkeyes

GO HAWKS!!! :D
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Love my Wolverines, Hate my Spartans..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    i'd like to cut reggie bush's dick off, shove it down pete carroll's throat and shove pete up Mike Garrett's ass :x :x

FIGHT ON!!
    BamaPJFan wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

The Huskies have been very impressive since they made the move to I-A.

Definitely. Edsall has done a great job with them. They've won a few bowl games. I'm looking to split season tickets with some friends this year.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    hang on Sloopy, hang on

hopefully there are no hicups along the way, and the Buckeyes return to national glory

and Michigan fails to win a game :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    K3TSMJC wrote:
    hang on Sloopy, hang on

hopefully there are no hicups along the way, and the Buckeyes return to national glory

and Michigan fails to win a game :mrgreen:

I hope you enjoy the sweet sweet taste of revenge. :mrgreen:

oregonuni2.jpg
    NERDS!
    jms wrote:
    I'm a huge college football fan. I have missed one or two Tennessee home games the last 15 years or so. Looks like another rocky season in Knoxville but I love it win or lose.

I think we travel up to uconn for a game in the next 3-4 years

Can't wait for that. That should be a good game.
    norm wrote:
    i'd like to cut reggie bush's dick off, shove it down pete carroll's throat and shove pete up Mike Garrett's ass :x :x

FIGHT ON!!

You would get an A in English for the way you describe.
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    norm wrote:

FIGHT ON!!

What about OJ? Simpson or Mayo I guess these days. :mrgreen:

You've got Reggie, I've got Masoli. It's a push.
    NERDS!
  • GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,288
    GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Fixed. :mrgreen:

#2 I hear? For a team that gets consistantly accused of being overrated, we sure do seem to wind up in the upper top ten quite often.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

#2 I hear? For a team that gets consistantly accused of being overrated, we sure do seem to wind up in the upper top ten quite often.

Then they tend to choke...like in 2007 against Florida.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Do they even play football in ct
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,288
    Newch91 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Then they tend to choke...like in 2007 against Florida.
    C'mon man!! We all KNOW its about the preseason rankings, not how you finish!! :lol:;) Have to give you that one. we dont seem to play national stage very well. especially as the visiting team. Something about those white jerseys.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    K3TSMJC wrote:

Yes we do!
    Newch91 wrote:
    K3TSMJC wrote:

Yes we do!
    Powder puff doesn't count
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    K3TSMJC wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    K3TSMJC wrote:

Yes we do!
    Powder puff doesn't count

Watch out for the Huskies. We're going to be a strong team this year. Don't count them out.
  • Love my Wolverines, Hate my Spartans..

I agree, Go Blue!

Waiting on whether I'm getting tickets to the Conn game. WIll be up their for Wisconsin, Mass. and hopefully Iowa.

It won't happen but hopefully the press and the freaking A-Hole boosters will leave Rich Rod alone for a year. Seriously just let things go...
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • norm wrote:

FIGHT ON!!

Well at least your taking it well :D
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Georgia-Bulldog-dog-PZ-mi.jpg!!!!
    Love my Wolverines, Hate my Spartans..

I agree, Go Blue!

Waiting on whether I'm getting tickets to the Conn game. WIll be up their for Wisconsin, Mass. and hopefully Iowa.

It won't happen but hopefully the press and the freaking A-Hole boosters will leave Rich Rod alone for a year. Seriously just let things go...

losing 16 of your first 24 games and having two NCAA investagations going on about your current and former program is a sure fire way to get yourself noticed. :lol::lol::lol:

what a creep he is.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Oskee-Wow-Wow, Illinois! Our eyes are all on you.
    Oskee-Wow-Wow, Illinois! Wave your orange and your blue (rah, rah!).
    When the team trots out before you, every man stand up and yell.
    Back the team to gain a victory. Oskee-Wow-Wow, Illinois!

GO ILLINI!
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211
    Gotta pull for my Gators!
    ...gonna be interesting seeing how Tebows replacement fills in.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Lots of solid teams up top. I hope if Boise St. runs the table, they a get a shot this year.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,099
    As a University of South Carolina Gamecock fan, I'm already looking forward to the 2011 season :lol:

But seriously, with as much talk as I hear about giving Spurrier enough time to build something and whatnot, this is the year for us to make a move and be first or second in the SEC East. He's had enough time to get things in place, it's time to see some better results.....otherwise, we would have been better off keeping Lou Holtz around until it was time for Skip to take over.