Options

NCAA College Football -

Comments

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,025
    edited December 2023
    I don't like how so many key players opt out of bowl games. They are kind of pointless. A matchup without your NFL hopeful players.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,521
    cutz said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    If FSU beats Georgia ( will be tough) and one of the 1 loss teams wins the CFP......History will record CFP winner as the Champion, I wont

DeSantis says he will sue....he needs this to distract how insignificant he is in the race  that matters to him  ;)
    But will that FSU - Georgia be the same now? Have to think quite a few players on each team may not play to get ready for the NFL Draft.
    the same guys would have opted out even if it was the CFP. they “go to school” to get to the NFL, not because they care about the school.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    They are exhibition games and beyond the majors, they are meaningless and have been nothing other than exhibitions for years.
    Nobody cares once past the traditional top bowls for each conference. 
    The benefit of making is that you can practice for all of that extra time...and that many students and alumni like to get the chance to travel and get together one last time before the full off-season. 

Having your best players opt out actually can be a good thing if you are in a shit bowl.  Gets you a better look at some of the back ups and gets them good experience.  

For the Playoff Games I don't expect we see sit outs.  I feel like the kids will love playing in these games and boost their stock playing in money games against top competitors. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    “in a shit bowl”? guess you’ll get to see some back up Trojans.

sorry…couldn’t resist.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    Wobbie said:

sorry…couldn’t resist.
    Anything not playoff or new years six is garbage for such schools.  Yes. Will see a huge number of back ups and have the new DC get some practice time to see the garbage in place 
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

sorry…couldn’t resist.
    Anything not playoff or new years six is garbage for such schools.  Yes. Will see a huge number of back ups and have the new DC get some practice time to see the garbage in place 
    other than georgia/FSU (and the CFP) the NY6 kinda suck. oregon vs. liberty? really?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Ole Miss Penn State could be good

• Options
    Ole Miss Penn State could be good

even empty will tell you PSU has no offense.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,470
    Wobbie said:
    cutz said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    If FSU beats Georgia ( will be tough) and one of the 1 loss teams wins the CFP......History will record CFP winner as the Champion, I wont

DeSantis says he will sue....he needs this to distract how insignificant he is in the race  that matters to him  ;)
    But will that FSU - Georgia be the same now? Have to think quite a few players on each team may not play to get ready for the NFL Draft.
    the same guys would have opted out even if it was the CFP. they “go to school” to get to the NFL, not because they care about the school.
    I don't think they would opt-out if in the CFP.

When was the last time the stud starting QB or WR opt-out of a CFP game?
  • Options
    D-II or whatever this is..back of Furman’s helmets…FU all the time. :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    That’s my Alma mater!

Out chant was always, FU one time, FU two times, FU all the time!

We were a small liberal arts school. They had cut formal ties with the Baptist church 5-10 years before I attended, which makes our chant all the more hilarious.

Great school, loved my time there.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    That’s my Alma mater!

Out chant was always, FU one time, FU two times, FU all the time!

We were a small liberal arts school. They had cut formal ties with the Baptist church 5-10 years before I attended, which makes our chant all the more hilarious.

Great school, loved my time there.
    that’s funny, because I thought they were a Baptist school and I was thinking “what the F U?” :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    😂 One would think, it being from Greenville, SC, but no, I got even more liberal after having gone there. Campus is beautiful if you ever find yourself down there!
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,690
    😂 One would think, it being from Greenville, SC, but no, I got even more liberal after having gone there. Campus is beautiful if you ever find yourself down there!
    Greenville is beautiful.  I go there a handful of times every year for work and really enjoy it. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Greenville is beautiful.  I go there a handful of times every year for work and really enjoy it. 
    Yes, downtown really is nice, especially by the river.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    My wife grew up there. It's kind of funny listening to her impression of it. She hadn't been back in many years, until her parents and some siblings moved back several years ago. Now we visit 2-3 times a year.  I guess it's really changed a lot in 25 years, as many places have. She was blown away when she saw people taking Segway tours of the area.
    Not worth visiting in July and August though. Even with a Segway.
  • Options
    while I'm ranting on the fucking dodgers, let me say I'm not loving how this portal/NIL shit is working out.

e.g. Nix leaves Oregon and the hot shit from Oklahoma shows up on their doorstep.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    and I know the NCAAis toothless, but could they at least limit the number of times a dude can transfer?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    edited December 2023
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    My wife grew up there. It's kind of funny listening to her impression of it. She hadn't been back in many years, until her parents and some siblings moved back several years ago. Now we visit 2-3 times a year.  I guess it's really changed a lot in 25 years, as many places have. She was blown away when she saw people taking Segway tours of the area.
    Not worth visiting in July and August though. Even with a Segway.
    From what I recall, Greenville really started investing and rebuilding the downtown area around 2007-2008. A few other cities in SC have looked at what Greenville has done and tried to do something similar, with varying degrees of success. 
    Post edited by markymark550 on
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    Wobbie said:
    and I know the NCAAis toothless, but could they at least limit the number of times a dude can transfer?
    I think they need to make it so that if you use the transfer without penalty, you can't also use the grad transfer exception. I get that NIL is dictating where kids are going, but it's ridiculous to play for 3 schools in your collegiate career.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,934
    something that stops that is no nfl team fucks with those players.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    This is hilarious.  What does Dearhsantis hope to gain here?
    Oh yeah, votes in the state where he is already governor 
    https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/local/2023/12/11/gop-lawmakers-disagree-on-response-to-satanic-display-at-iowa-capitol/71832743007/
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    something that stops that is no nfl team fucks with those players.....
    what do you mean? stops what?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,690
    https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/local/2023/12/11/gop-lawmakers-disagree-on-response-to-satanic-display-at-iowa-capitol/71832743007/
    Did you mean to post something about the stupid lawsuit that DeSantis is threatening against the CFP?  This is about an Iowa issue. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Did you mean to post something about the stupid lawsuit that DeSantis is threatening against the CFP?  This is about an Iowa issue. 
    Ha.  Whoops, that was mistakenly applied, I sent that to someone else, laughing.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/12/12/florida-antitrust-investigation-fsu-football-00131356
  • Options
    I don't see how a lawsuit can be successful. Its almost impossible ti prove bias or bad intent when its something subjective like voting for the best team. Unless there is a written record (like emails) of some sort of conspiracy to keep Alabama in it, it's  do think FSU gtpointless.

I do think FSU got snubbed. But there is something to be said about a harder schedule. If 1 loss is going to mean no playoffs, while a team with an easier schedule gets in, no one will want to play ranked teams if they are hopeful of making it. 
  • Options
    I, frankly, don’t understand the portal sometimes…the QB at my alma mater, Kurtis Rourke, Ohio U, is leaving for Indiana. 3 year starter, 50 TD, 16 int, 10 wins the past two seasons…and he’s going to a perennial bottom feeder. Can’t be exposure; NFL scouts will find you anywhere….and he’s giving up tuesday and wednesday night MACtion! :angry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,218
    Wobbie said:
    I, frankly, don’t understand the portal sometimes…the QB at my alma mater, Kurtis Rourke, Ohio U, is leaving for Indiana. 3 year starter, 50 TD, 16 int, 10 wins the past two seasons…and he’s going to a perennial bottom feeder. Can’t be exposure; NFL scouts will find you anywhere….and he’s giving up tuesday and wednesday night MACtion! :angry:
    NIL money would be my guess.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:

I suppose...

I've been to Bloomington...not that much different than Athens, OH...I could see Indiana boosters giving NIL to basketball players but I didn't think anyone gave a crap about the FB team, but what do I know?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,934
    Wobbie said:
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:

I suppose...

I've been to Bloomington...not that much different than Athens, OH...I could see Indiana boosters giving NIL to basketball players but I didn't think anyone gave a crap about the FB team, but what do I know?

no, Athens and area is cooler....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14