Options

The Oasis Thread

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,029
    edited August 2023

Many people are saying the bomb threat was called in by Noel himself to not have to play. Can you believe it?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,178
    So they called in a bomb threat? 
    Maybe they did. Maybe they didn’t. Someone did. No suspects. Bizarre that there isn’t when. A 911 call can be traced. Also bizarre the threat came in at 9:00, the band left at 9:30 and they kept everyone waiting until 10:00. Not gonna rehash the details again, but until someone is arrested, I think it is totally conceivable that happened.
    There are bogus reports about a bomb threat, including from Garbages official Twitter. This is total BS. The show was a dud and Noel’s ego couldn’t handle it. I watched the tour bus take off with my own eyes a half hour before they told people to go home. Fuck Noel Gallagher.

Yes, Noel Gallagher super fan #1. I wrote this when I got home from the show. Nobody at the show knew there was a bomb threat until the next day. We were told a little after 10:00 that due to circumstances beyond anyone’s control, there would be no show and to go home. 

Not gonna continue to rehash this other than to say more than a month later there have been no suspects and no arrests and there probably never will be. I am not the only local person with this opinion.
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,178

Many people are saying the bomb threat was called in by Noel himself to not have to play. Can you believe it?
    This is why you will be perpetually single.
  • Options
    mookieblalock said:

I am not the only local person with this opinion.
    Ah. So… ”Many people are saying”
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,955
    edited August 2023
    IDK. Occams Razor tells me, this is as they have said until info comes out that it isn't. 
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    Man, that Knebworth 22 Liam album is sounding gooooooooodd
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    Interesting social media post this morning….
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    yeah, saw that. who knows. probably just a merch drop. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    False_BeliefFalse_Belief Cardiff Posts: 749
    A 25th anniversary reissue of The Masterplan would be my guess.   They’ve posted the lyrics to Stay Young and the video for The Masterplan in the last few days.  

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    A 25th anniversary reissue of The Masterplan would be my guess.   They’ve posted the lyrics to Stay Young and the video for The Masterplan in the last few days.  
    Hit us with a super deluxe reissue. Like the Pumpkins did with Aeroplane 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    False_BeliefFalse_Belief Cardiff Posts: 749
    Their reissues are normally pretty lazy so I think we can probably expect a coloured variant and that’s about it 

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• Options
    I love the Masterplan! That performance of I Am The Walrus! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Its got the fade out though, right?

• Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,002
    The studio version that leaked a few months ago is great too
  • Options
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Their reissues are normally pretty lazy so I think we can probably expect a coloured variant and that’s about it 
    100% correct. Formats include CD, Heavyweight Black LP and official store exclusive Cream Cassette and Green/Black Marbled LP.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    lazy and lazy. How much can you do a few anniverseries in
  • Options
    IDK what else people want in regards to anniversary reissues. They cant remaster the records any better. Clearly the band don't want vault stuff out there, which is their prerogative.

• Options
    Maybe the reissues are aimed at younger folks. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    IDK what else people want in regards to anniversary reissues. They cant remaster the records any better. Clearly the band don't want vault stuff out there, which is their prerogative.

That's why do like PJ does and others, colored vinyl and sell it to the same people feeding the collecting mentality
  • Options
    Eh. Sometimes these records need a repress. 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    LGDM

Hint at the end of his recent social media post

could be looking at a tour announcement Monday

Also, Liam is (maybe?) teasing cities in current IG stories?
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
  • Options
    Fun. UK tour I reckon? Or will he go to the mainland?

Not a fan of anniversary/play the hit album tours. yuck. But would go if he comes to sweden. The 2020 show was fun. 
  • Options
    eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 925
    Liam mentioned he Will play a few definitely maybe b sides on his next tour

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    I’m feeling over it all honestly. I’m grateful for what they put out and will always cherish it, but all this shit the last ?? years has me burned out. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,303
  • Options
    Liam is so transparent. hah.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,029
    edited November 2023
    Wish I could catch Noel live 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axXbdVh0DfA
  • Options
    Croos1226Croos1226 philly burbs Posts: 336
    Looks like Liam has been keeping busy with John Squire of the Stone Roses. Apparently a full album has been recorded and the first single "Just Another Rainbow" is set to drop on 1/5. Rumors of live gigs to follow. Should be interesting to hear what these two came up with. I do like Squire as a guitarist. Hopefully it's a banger.