Options

The Oasis Thread

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,025
    Liam says that the universe will have Noel call him in due time
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,120
    I didn’t buy Noel solo tickets for this upcoming tour due to holding out for Liam’s DM-30 dates.  

Just looked again, Noel’s tour starts in 2 days.  Multiple shows have the lawn blocked out and entire sections of seats still for sale.  Yikes.

Theres no way it doesn’t get to him that Liam can sell out Knebworth and he struggles to sell half of a shed
    This is an apples to some weird English equivalent of an apple situation. Demand for either in the US is not incredibly high. But at least Noel went for big sheds. Liam is not doing venues even close to that size in the US. 

It’s incredible how huge a draw oasis became well after their massive global success in the mid nineties. In 2001, they OPENED for the black crowes at a smallish radio city (yeah but three shows!) and the crowd was definitely not maybe more for the Robinson brothers than the Gallaghers. Struggled to see any enthusiasm for oasis that night. I was floored.

A few years later saw Oasis at msg and the place was packed with everyone singing along, and I was stunned the whole night that New Yorkers (definitely no longer a rock city) knew all the words.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    I like Liam but its annoying AF how he continues to make empty promises "MCFC wins Premier league and I call my brother" and then always reverts back to "Noel has to call me"
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    I like Liam but its annoying AF how he continues to make empty promises "MCFC wins Premier league and I call my brother" and then always reverts back to "Noel has to call me"
    That was a fake tweet. Not his.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713
    These guys will surely get it on next year.....the interest in the Uk would be insane. Off the chart hype would follow. 

I know for a fact I'd have to be there. love him or hate him, Liam has great stage presence
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,000
    Now that Noel is getting a poor response from his US gigs - here’s hoping he focuses on the reunion rather than more solo stuff. Only Neil Young can get away with playing 5 new songs at the start of each gig - and Noel is not Neil…lol
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,254

locked said:
    Now that Noel is getting a poor response from his US gigs - here’s hoping he focuses on the reunion rather than more solo stuff. Only Neil Young can get away with playing 5 new songs at the start of each gig - and Noel is not Neil…lol
    I saw "High Flying Birds" opening for Garbage the other day, and I have to say I was not impressed. Garbage was good. HFB really just made me think about what an amazing talent Johnny Marr is  (yes, I know he wasn't in Oasis).

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713
    locked said:
    Noel is playing a venue 20 mins from my home this summer, and there is no interest in going. If Oasis played a 5 hr drive away I would be trying to be the first in the queue for tickets. Imagine how many others are out there on that footing
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969

locked said:
    I saw "High Flying Birds" opening for Garbage the other day, and I have to say I was not impressed. Garbage was good. HFB really just made me think about what an amazing talent Johnny Marr is  (yes, I know he wasn't in Oasis).

HFB is coming to my hood tomorrow...I guess HFB is the headliner so they must switch it up with Garbage.

Crazy number of tickets left....can still buy pavilion tix for $20
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    I just found out that the show in Noblesville (Deer Creek aka Ruoff) is pavilion only...that shows how horrible the tickets are selling

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

my god this is pathetic....I'm surprised they haven't cancelled yet. No lawn for this show.

• Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,178
    edited June 2023

my god this is pathetic....I'm surprised they haven't cancelled yet. No lawn for this show.
    I think that’s the case for all shows. No lawn where I live either. I got first section last week for $100 out the door for 2 seats. Honestly wished I had waited until the day of the show and probably can get similar for way cheaper.
  • Options
    That was the same here (I'm in Utah) -- no lawn seats. I picked up great seats for not a lot of money. Tickets sales were better than in IN I think -- but Garbage was the headliner.

There were three acts in all; "Metric" opened. I guess they're big in Canada, and there definitely were people who came out just to see them. They weren't bad, I'd just never heard of them before.

I'd say there was a fair amount of overlap between Metric fans and Garbage fans, and if anyone was there to see HFB it was in hopes of hearing some Oasis songs. There were maybe two Oasis songs at the end, and a bit of cursing out of the sole Gallagher superfan who was running around down in front with something he wanted signed. The superfan was a bit weird, but the "I'm not fucking likely to sign it for you after the show, either" was unnecessary.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    Looks like some cancellations may be coming due to wild fires 
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options
    Ohh -- good point. Singing outdoors in bad air is not good for the voice, as we now all know.
  • Options
    Ohh -- good point. Singing outdoors in bad air is not good for the voice, as we now all know.
    I would say both Indy and Cincinnati are likely cancelled.  Some of my Cincinnati friends sent pictures today that are truly unbelievable.  
  • Options
    Noel Gallagher just left a crowd waiting at SPAC. After an hour after Garbage ended their set, a staff member comes on stage and says “after circumstances outside our control, there will be no show tonight.”

I saw a mass exodus after Garbage performed. I’m not sure what happened, but I wouldn’t put it past Noel to refuse to come out to a half full amphitheater. Still not sure what happened. 
  • Options
    There are bogus reports about a bomb threat, including from Garbages official Twitter. This is total BS. The show was a dud and Noel’s ego couldn’t handle it. I watched the tour bus take off with my own eyes a half hour before they told people to go home. Fuck Noel Gallagher.
  • Options
    Noel Gallagher just left a crowd waiting at SPAC. After an hour after Garbage ended their set, a staff member comes on stage and says “after circumstances outside our control, there will be no show tonight.”

I saw a mass exodus after Garbage performed. I’m not sure what happened, but I wouldn’t put it past Noel to refuse to come out to a half full amphitheater. Still not sure what happened. 
    Not like he went from playing a packed MGS last show to this. Lol. I would put that past Noel.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    There are bogus reports about a bomb threat, including from Garbages official Twitter. This is total BS. The show was a dud and Noel’s ego couldn’t handle it. I watched the tour bus take off with my own eyes a half hour before they told people to go home. Fuck Noel Gallagher.
    So you are saying that Garbage and all of their people that they include in a tweet that reads:

We have no idea what happened tonight. We were just all evacuated and we were concerned for everyone !!! I’m sorry we have no real information . We were just told there was an emergency evacuation!!!!”

Is ”total BS” ? They are just, with several tweets, lying to save Noel?

Well Hercule Poirot, you got yourself a case on your hands. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    So you are saying that Garbage and all of their people that they include in a tweet that reads:

” We have no idea what happened tonight. We were just all evacuated and we were concerned for everyone !!! I’m sorry we have no real information . We were just told there was an emergency evacuation!!!!”

Yes, Gabage shouldn’t have tweeted that. It’s definitely careless and totally false. To be continued…
  • Options
    edited July 2023

” We have no idea what happened tonight. We were just all evacuated and we were concerned for everyone !!! I’m sorry we have no real information . We were just told there was an emergency evacuation!!!!”

Yes, Gabage shouldn’t have tweeted that. It’s definitely careless and totally false. To be continued…
    Don’t quit your dayjob monseuir Hizzéyfit Poirot :

• Options

What is to be continued?
  • Options
    Hey, Noel Gallagher fan boy, you weren’t there
    and you want to throw subtle insults at me from across the pond?

a lot of what is being reported isn’t true. I was 15 feet from the stage and I live here. There are reports that a bomb threat was called in at 9:00, but we were at the venue with no issues until 10:00 pm. They say they cancelled Gallagher’s set at 9:40. I saw his tour bus drive off at 9:30.

they say there was a heavy police presence and people were rushed out. There was next to zero police presence and some people were shooting the breeze and finishing their drinks with friends.

interestingly, Noel Gallagher, Ticketmaster, or Live Nation has yet to comment on what happened last night. Maybe some one actually did call in a bomb threat; but there is a lot of misinformation. 
    You wouldn’t know though, because you were sleeping in Sweden.
  • Options
    There was no evacuation. At 10:00 pm on the dot, a roadie came on stage and said “due to circumstances outside our control, the show is being canceled. Please go home.” 

The message on the big screen wasn’t posted until most people were close to the exit of the amphitheater. 

Pretty infuriating if they had a threat an hour earlier and kept us there waiting for a hour where there was next to no crowd.

literally the smallest crowd i have ever seen at SPAC for a rock concert since 1984 when I saw my first concert. They were asking everyone to love from lawn and balcony to down front and it was still half full at best. This was happening after the time the alleged call was phoned in. Why ask people to move closer to the stage when you got a bomb threat 30 minutes earlier? 

You won’t read about this in “Fulton County News” because it’s a Twitter bot site, not a real or reputable local newspaper. 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,901
    Bought a ticket when livenation had their $25 promo thing going on. Looking forward to the show. I'm more of Metric and Garbage fan though. I like Oasis and have his "Who Built the Moon" album which I dug (although looking at the set lists he hasn't been playing anything off that album).
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    There was no evacuation. At 10:00 pm on the dot, a roadie came on stage and said “due to circumstances outside our control, the show is being canceled. Please go home.” 

The message on the big screen wasn’t posted until most people were close to the exit of the amphitheater. 

Pretty infuriating if they had a threat an hour earlier and kept us there waiting for a hour where there was next to no crowd.

literally the smallest crowd i have ever seen at SPAC for a rock concert since 1984 when I saw my first concert. They were asking everyone to love from lawn and balcony to down front and it was still half full at best. This was happening after the time the alleged call was phoned in. Why ask people to move closer to the stage when you got a bomb threat 30 minutes earlier? 

You won’t read about this in “Fulton County News” because it’s a Twitter bot site, not a real or reputable local newspaper. 
    maybe Noel called it in himself. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,303
    So Noel didn’t want to come on because of the size of the crowd 😂😂 maybe his head is so big he couldn’t fit it on stage or how about downsizing to small clubs! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    So Noel didn’t want to come on because of the size of the crowd 😂😂 maybe his head is so big he couldn’t fit it on stage or how about downsizing to small clubs! 
    Where is your info from. Why spread fake news.
  • Options
    Looks like some cancellations may be coming due to wild fires 
    Well…