The Oasis Thread

Comments

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    locked said:
    I think this will finally happen . Apparently Noel’s ex was in his ear 24/7 not to have a reunion the whole marriage because of some perceived slight.
    read this from multiple sources . 
    Lol. What sources?
    Liam.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    locked said:
    I think this will finally happen . Apparently Noel’s ex was in his ear 24/7 not to have a reunion the whole marriage because of some perceived slight.
    Lol. What sources?
    Liam.
    no context Liam response:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    they'll do a reunion tour. and it will be a spectacular implosion  halfway through. if they announce, go see the first 10 dates or you'll be out of luck
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    locked said:
    Lol. What sources?
    Liam.
    no context Liam response:

My point proven rite! 😂😂
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    they'll do a reunion tour. and it will be a spectacular implosion  halfway through. if they announce, go see the first 10 dates or you'll be out of luck

I did that for GNR, going the first show in the pacific northwest thinking they would implode, but they kept the same tour going for years now :)
    edited April 2023
    Zod said:

I did that for GNR, going the first show in the pacific northwest thinking they would implode, but they kept the same tour going for years now :)
    I went for the first Liam Gallagher show on the 2020 tour, and like 2 shows later he walked off halfway due to his voice. 

Was greaaat though

https://youtu.be/n_Ppg7nXZ24
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Listened to their Dig Out record front to back doing yard work yesterday. Man, what an awesome record! I need to check out the one after Heathen Chemistry. It’s the only one I haven’t listened to. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    Liam just said on twitter that he "is going to play some epic venues in 2024 and sing Definitely Maybe front to back to celebrate 30 years"

I have started budgeting for this now lol... should be awesome
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    Let me know when he’ll play one of the interesting and not overplayed albums back to back like SOTSOG
    IM OPEN TO A PHONE CALL

https://youtu.be/dhL6z7ucnIc
    IM OPEN TO A PHONE CALL

https://youtu.be/dhL6z7ucnIc
    So is a reunion completely out of the question with these two? 
    It’s really weird that being blood brothers is not enough to put the bitterness behind them! We don’t live for ever. 
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    nobody does.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    Growing up in an abusive household in the 70s and then go into a band situation, fueled by drugs where one brother makes all the songwriting royalties? 

I can absolutely believe it
    I wouldn't do it if I were Noel either. Liam is a bellend. Guaranteed if his solo career was even close to the same level as Oasis, he wouldn't be begging for this. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,173
    ikiT said:
    nobody does.
    Maybe Keith Richards, but yeah pretty much nobody else.
    edited May 2023
    I wouldn't do it if I were Noel either. Liam is a bellend. Guaranteed if his solo career was even close to the same level as Oasis, he wouldn't be begging for this. 
    The dude sold out knebworth by himself.
    edited May 2023
    Noel turning the tables and exposing Liam for being ”a dog chasing cars” or whatever Joker says about himself in The Dark Knight is genius. The whole ”why doesnt he call me, or his manager call my people and present this idea he has?” is funny. 

Easy to scream about Oasis on twitter for goodwill from fans. But I imagine reforming was actually on Liams mind when he needed cash, but has turned into mostly a safe ploy to make noise. He sells out stadiums by himself with his quasi nostalgia act thing. 

And with Oasis having been a strongly Noel-driven project, Noel putting the repsonbility on Liam is just great. 

• darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465

Definitely Maybe.
    of course that's very impressive but, it's his own backyard. no chance he's replicating Oasis' worldwide following. people will always go see a lead singer of a band they used to love. they know they'll get to see those songs again. I'm guessing he sees the reaction of the fans to the Oasis songs performed vs his own. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited May 2023
    of course that's very impressive but, it's his own backyard. no chance he's replicating Oasis' worldwide following. people will always go see a lead singer of a band they used to love. they know they'll get to see those songs again. I'm guessing he sees the reaction of the fans to the Oasis songs performed vs his own. 
    Ofc people get more crazy for Oasis songs. But when I saw him just before Covid lockdowns people were very much into his solo songs (Wall of Glass, Once etc) - and his solo albums have sold well and outsell Noels(?). He also draws more people than Noel, does he not?

Therefore, I don't agree with saying he is "begging" for Oasis again. Seems more like he is lining up with the fans POV for goodwill and to be seen as the Oasis-ambassador of the two. It's the natural position to take when his brother is taking the antagonistic "Oasis is over, no matter what the fans want" position. Liams "my bags are packed" schtick does not mean he would drop everything to be on stage with Noel again. I imagine before his solo albums and newfound success he would. The schtick has stayed since 2009, but it's not as genuine. 

I mean, when Noel says "call and tell me your plan then" Liam is finding reasons not to call or further the "game" but instead lashing out. His bags are packed, but at the same time Noel can go to hell and Noels ex-wife is this and that? I imagine his solo career is enough like the Oasis level for him - he played two nights at Knebworth and other stadiums, his tours are selling out. Not saying that Noel is serious on his end. But still.

Cool but also funny that Liam now says he will sing "Half the World Away" during the DM shows. Love it. Snatching the song from Noel.

yeah he's definitely more successful than Noel. that generally happens with lead singers vs lead guitarists, even when that guitarist was the main writer. 

Noel probably knows this is all nothing more than Liam creating drama. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    I didn’t buy Noel solo tickets for this upcoming tour due to holding out for Liam’s DM-30 dates.  

Just looked again, Noel’s tour starts in 2 days.  Multiple shows have the lawn blocked out and entire sections of seats still for sale.  Yikes.

Theres no way it doesn’t get to him that Liam can sell out Knebworth and he struggles to sell half of a shed
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    edited June 2023
    I didn’t buy Noel solo tickets for this upcoming tour due to holding out for Liam’s DM-30 dates.  

Just looked again, Noel’s tour starts in 2 days.  Multiple shows have the lawn blocked out and entire sections of seats still for sale.  Yikes.

Theres no way it doesn’t get to him that Liam can sell out Knebworth and he struggles to sell half of a shed
    This is an apples to some weird English equivalent of an apple situation. Demand for either in the US is not incredibly high. But at least Noel went for big sheds. Liam is not doing venues even close to that size in the US. 
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
    I heard from Noel in an interview he was gonna do arenas in the UK. And he always start in the US to get the band up to speed before hitting UK/Europe. 
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    This is on HBO MAX, or I guess it's just MAX now.
    I liked it.

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018