The Oasis Thread

Comments

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,856
    Liam being sober probably helps
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    edited August 26
    mcgruff10 said:
    Please play somewhere in the us 
    This reunion is what it will take to get me back to Lollapalooza. Unfortunately I don’t see them doing much else besides festivals in the U.S.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    edited August 26
    ugh. Didn’t even consider that. Fuuuuuuuuuck
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    edited August 26
    Maybe/hopefully I’m wrong!

"The tour is expected to take in dates in the UK at the Glastonbury festival and stadiums including Wembley, Twickenham and the Tottenham Hotspur stadium, as well as a run of dates at Liam and Noel Gallagher's beloved Etihad Stadium, home to Manchester City football club.
    It is understood that two huge promoters - SJM Concerts and Live Nation - are in the running to land the tour, which would include dates across Europe and in America.
    Glastonbury have informed the band that a headline slot at next summer's festival has been 'left open' for Oasis in the increasingly likely event the band confirm a reunion"
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,199
    Hopefully they are ROCK ENOUGH to just keep going from when they left of and act "as a living band" and have a great setlist covering most/all of their albums, and not--

--go on a dead What's the story... album tour playing that album in order with some Definitely Maybe songs tacked on in the encore.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 1,007
    I never thought I'd see it in my lifetime.  Kinda on the fence here. Has to be original line-up with bonehead and guigsy.  And then alan white on drums. Remember the wheels came off around the last 2 lps
     They dialed it in towards the end. Noel checked out.  Liam was bolloxed.  Interesting to see how this goes. The ticket hunt will be great fun. They would sell out 10 shows in Wembley in 2.mins. One of the greatest bands of all time imo. They we're unbelievably amazing 1994 to 1997

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
    edited August 26
    eboweddie said:
    Has to be original line-up with bonehead and guigsy.  And then alan white on drums. Remember the wheels came off around the last 2 lps
    And i hope that Pierce Brosnan returns as Bond

Come on now
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    The final decision would be noels  Might favour andy bell and Gem. Maybe even chris sharrock on drums. Any reunion set would have first 2lps featuring heavily.  Bonehead playing with Liam now. Guigsy keeps a low profile.  Could drive a truckload of money to his house krusty style!! He's not made of stone

• just_onejust_one Posts: 2,125
    goddamn!!!

never saw them live!!! really hope they play a show in Lisbon next year!!

and play all around the world please!!!
  • mrk2mrk2 Posts: 2,067
    I think next summer most likely gonna be UK only. But I'm sure they will stretch it out until 2026 at least.

Saw them four times in their (semi) prime. Stockholm 1996, 1997 and 2002. Also here in Finland in 2000, but that was without Noel. 

Wherever they will play, I'll be there. Just have to.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    never got the hype behind them 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    eboweddie said:
    The final decision would be noels  Might favour andy bell and Gem. Maybe even chris sharrock on drums. Any reunion set would have first 2lps featuring heavily.  Bonehead playing with Liam now. Guigsy keeps a low profile.  Could drive a truckload of money to his house krusty style!! He's not made of stone
    From a... *uhm* KISS forum:

I believe the line up will be Liam, Noel, Bonehead, Gem on bass and Zak Starkey on drums. That's what I've been told by mate who works for SJM Promotions. The same person who told me 2 years ago that this was happening in 2024, but it got postponed due to Noel's divorce. He's a reliable source for information.
    Liam is probably one of the last true rock n roll stars today , like those over the top bloated "i dont give a fuck" attitude rock stars
  • mrk2mrk2 Posts: 2,067
    I think it'll be Noel, Gem and Bonehead on guitars.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
    mrk2 said:
    I think it'll be Noel, Gem and Bonehead on guitars.
    I think it will be the 2009 lineup with Bonehead added in some capacity (if even just showing up for some songs on some shows)

I bet it’s the High Flying Birds plus Liam and Bonehead
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Posts: 4,835
    Never bought tickets for Wembley or in the UK before.  Do shows there use the standard resale sites such as StubHub if I cant get tickets initially?  Is resale allowed in the UK?
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
    I bet it’s the High Flying Birds plus Liam and Bonehead
    NME (in some long winded, weird angled piece about it NOT being the original lineup) is saying it’s the last Oasis lineup sans Andy Bell.

so HFB+Liam
    Oasis last lineup is what it should be. Just a 15 year speed bump.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,415
    I actually kind of saw oasis once:
    March 9, 1996: Note: Billed as Oasis show, but later it turned out that was Noel Gallagher solo show. Noel did only two songs acoustically and abruptly left the stage due to it being extremely cold in the venue.  

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......

probably fake ofc
    Can they really fill multiple football stadiums here in the states?
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
    I'd say that's not too far off being spot on. Croke park will be available after both GAA finals in July re Dublin dates. 

Can they really fill multiple football stadiums here in the states?
    Maybe? Those 4 cities after 15 years? A really strong opener or 2 would help
    We also know Live Nation has been loving leveling artists up in venues they can’t sell out. 

Chicago wise I have no doubt they’d sell out the United Center for a night or 2. So Soldiers isn’t far off. 
    Also sort of surprising that there isn't a Tokyo date, no?
    edited August 26
    I'm sure S.America, AUD/NZ and Japan will be in the Winter (Summer, where appropriate)
    I think it will just be the UK (at first at least)
    I think it will just be the UK (at first at least)
    Yeah i have the same feeling. Only UK to start.