The Oasis Thread

Comments

• Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,809
    Saw them twice although i was never really a fan. First time in 95 supporting REM at Slane. 2nd time in the old Point Depot in early 2000's. First time was good. Second time was a bit of a bore
    Kearnsy
  • RyanRyan Posts: 1,104
    People that are PJ fans here complaining about lack of setlist changes and ticket prices, not sure how they’re into this?

Static, 20 song setlists with a guy in a windbreaker signing with his hands behind his back?  Not for me.
    They certainly plotted this well though by splitting, then positioning to cash in on a reunion.  When they came to my city in 2008 I think they drew like 8000 people in our arena.  Pretty irrelevant by that point, especially in North America.
    This is a reunion I think they cash in on once but if they stick together there playing much smaller venues when they return to these markets.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,199
    edited August 27
    Ryan said:
    People that are PJ fans here complaining about lack of setlist changes and ticket prices, not sure how they’re into this?

Static, 20 song setlists with a guy in a windbreaker signing with his hands behind his back?  Not for me.
    They certainly plotted this well though by splitting, then positioning to cash in on a reunion.  When they came to my city in 2008 I think they drew like 8000 people in our arena.  Pretty irrelevant by that point, especially in North America.
    This is a reunion I think they cash in on once but if they stick together there playing much smaller venues when they return to these markets.
    Why can’t you just be happy for people
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,809
    Uk and ireland tour confirmed 
    Kearnsy

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,559
    Plans are underway for OASIS LIVE '25 to go to other continents outside Europe later next year.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,552
    My birthday in Manchester . Wow that would be something 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    edited August 27
    Hoping for sthlm or gothenburg in 2026 then
  • beano.79beano.79 Posts: 742
    I was never surprised Oasis didn't translate perfectly across the pond... They're a Very British band, it was a massive cultural thing that happened when they hit here, working class lads with arguably ltd skills but some great tunes and tonnes of belief, attitude and drama. I mean we still have middle aged men here that dress like LG, have his hair styles etc.

Much like the stone roses, just a heavy 'British cultural' thing. You literally get visions of the streets England and the people when you hear these songs.

I hope to be there to hear them.
  • just_onejust_one Posts: 2,126
    hotels already skyrocketing in machester...

thought about it but gonna hope they come to portugal 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Posts: 4,835
    I am thinking Wembley may be the easiest for hotel accommodations and what not?  Any recs?  I've heard public transit to Wembley is easy if you stay farther out
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • mrk2mrk2 Posts: 2,067
    Managed to get a nice hotel in Dublin just in time. This will be my first target, then maybe trying one/any of the London dates

The leaked list from yesterday seemed to be accurate. Except it had an extra date for London (and Manchester) that'll for sure be added once the other shows get sold out.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,264
    mrk2 said:
    Managed to get a nice hotel in Dublin just in time. This will be my first target, then maybe trying one/any of the London dates

The leaked list from yesterday seemed to be accurate. Except it had an extra date for London (and Manchester) that'll for sure be added once the other shows get sold out.
    Bodes well for those who want to make plans around the US dates on there
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,246
    Ryan said:

He heard they were meat eaters.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,856

probably fake ofc
    This lines up exactly. I’m guessing those US/Ca/MX dates are legit 
    Ryan said:

He heard they were meat eaters.
    Remember when you said Noel Gallagher personally called in a bomb threat
    edited August 27
    Oh nice. But didn't you hate Oasis? :) Or are you...

MADFERIT
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 1,007
    Does anyone think SOTSOG is an underrated album 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
    edited August 27
    eboweddie said:
    Only one I have on vinyl. So yes. Love it. HYPE when those singles were released and shown on MTV

(I like all the 00s albums)
    eboweddie said:
    Lots of highs on that album.

My personal favorite is Be Here Now.  Not their "best" album, but my personal favorite.  I get the criticisms of it, but to me, BHN is one of the most fun albums ever to listen to.
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore

Be Here Now is my go to oasis lp. 76 minutes of madness
     It's absolutely fantastic 
     Love it

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,881
    I've only seen them once in '99 and that was at a festival. Unfortunately they only played 5 songs. So I was kinda disappointed in that cause they were the second to last act to go on stage. Beck headlined and the Foo Fighters went on before them. Wouldn't mind seeing them.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,856
    eboweddie said:
    It’s their last truly great record. 
    eboweddie said:
    Be Here Now is my go to oasis lp. 76 minutes of madness
     It's absolutely fantastic 
     Love it
    Yeah, i've seen so much criticism of it, some people ranking it the worst Oasis album which is simply not true.

If you only took 4 tracks - DYou Know what I mean, Dont Go Away, Stand By Me, and All Around the World..... those are as good as anything Noel has ever written.  And I personally think the rest of the album (except for Magic Pie), is excellent.
    Yeah. Noel held onto All around the world for years. Until he could get it massive. There is a old video of them playing it around 1993. It just keeps going.  

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,552
    edited August 27
    Oh nice. But didn't you hate Oasis? :) Or are you...

MADFERIT
    I like oasis for sure not sure I've said otherwise they were the sound track to pub life as a young man.
    I do however think they are idiots but the music is iconic 
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl Posts: 10,787
    I saw Oasis once at MSG. I hate MetLife but will drag myself out there if they play.