European Tour Sales = Desaster

Comments

• pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 15,037
    pdalowsky said:
    Truth is, none of us know.

Optimistic view - They realise this tour was messed up so want to make it right next year and come back with different venues/pricing/planning to avoid sickness.

Pessimistic view - Talk of insurance reasons may embargo certain countries, the band may want to rethink touring schedule

All I can say is I missed all shows this tour and hope to get my fill of Dark Matter songs next time around so hope they still promote the hell out of it the next tour.
    I think I’m somewhere between the optimistic and pessimistic. I’d love for more arena shows in other cities, maybe even a stadium or two in the right place, but would definitely take another Hyde Park gig at this point.

Shame you missed out on the DM songs. I had a ticket for London, but was fortunate enough to have been at Manchester too. I thought ‘Dark Matter’ particularly sounded huge.
    Impossible to notice how energised the band looked playing the new stuff, especially RR and scared of fear...
    Hope you mean „not to notice“ 😌
    indeed, its very very clear they LOVE playing the new songs
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,269
    pdalowsky said:
    pdalowsky said:
    Truth is, none of us know.

Optimistic view - They realise this tour was messed up so want to make it right next year and come back with different venues/pricing/planning to avoid sickness.

Pessimistic view - Talk of insurance reasons may embargo certain countries, the band may want to rethink touring schedule

All I can say is I missed all shows this tour and hope to get my fill of Dark Matter songs next time around so hope they still promote the hell out of it the next tour.
    I think I’m somewhere between the optimistic and pessimistic. I’d love for more arena shows in other cities, maybe even a stadium or two in the right place, but would definitely take another Hyde Park gig at this point.

Shame you missed out on the DM songs. I had a ticket for London, but was fortunate enough to have been at Manchester too. I thought ‘Dark Matter’ particularly sounded huge.
    Impossible to notice how energised the band looked playing the new stuff, especially RR and scared of fear...
    Hope you mean „not to notice“ 😌
    indeed, its very very clear they LOVE playing the new songs
    They sound great as well!
  • seanclaxseanclax Posts: 532
    edited July 8
    Barcelona night 2
    the whole of the back of the arena and all 300 sections completly blacked out.
    What a shitshow.
    They gotta learn from this.
    Post edited by seanclax on
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,407
    Sad
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    But watch this be the best set yet
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Sad
    Thats my feeling aswell.
    Should be packed tonight.
    I'd give my left nut to be there
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Not that a 49 year old testicle is worth fuck all
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 15,037
    seanclax said:
    Barcelona night 2
    What a shitshow.
    I hope the learning part doesnt involve not coming back because I plan to never miss a barca show again after sat. Just wish I could be there tonight
    pdalowsky said:
    seanclax said:
    Barcelona night 2
    What a shitshow.
    I hope the learning part doesnt involve not coming back because I plan to never miss a barca show again after sat. Just wish I could be there tonight
    Gonna be very interesting to see the when/where of the next euro tour
  • Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 312
    seanclax said:
    pdalowsky said:
    seanclax said:
    Barcelona night 2
    What a shitshow.
    And the 'what price'.
  • JABKJABK Finland Posts: 345
    seanclax said:
    pdalowsky said:
    seanclax said:
    Barcelona night 2
    What a shitshow.
    I for one hope they play places that they didn't this time...Prague, Vienna, Poland, Italy...
  • smile6680smile6680 Posts: 377
    BC62528 said:
    Plenty of states in the US that would love to host the band and sell out the venues...Come back to Hartford, CT!
    +1
    JABK said:
    seanclax said:
    pdalowsky said:
    seanclax said:
    Barcelona night 2
    What a shitshow.
    I for one hope they play places that they didn't this time...Prague, Vienna, Poland, Italy...
    Would love to do krakow for pearl jam
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,035
    Heard so much about papered(?) KISS concerts in the 80s that I felt warm inside seeing the Barcelona arena being cut in half tonight
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • prlprl Posts: 131
    seanclax said:
    Barcelona night 2
    What a shitshow.
    It was pretty sad to see that in a PJ show, actually.

• BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,187
    Not that a 49 year old testicle is worth fuck all
    Don't sell yourself short. Nick Cannon is 43 and he just insured his for $10 million.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,487
    Crazy.  I do kind of like that Europe is pushing back more against high ticket prices than we are here in North America.   Albeit I think it's starting to happen here too.   Didn't think I'd see the day where the pushed prices a little too far.  Up to now, people kept gobbling them up.
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,824
    prl said:
    seanclax said:
    Barcelona night 2
    What a shitshow.

So you are posting a pic when people are still walking in before the show starts?? 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,022
    prl said:
    seanclax said:
    Barcelona night 2
    What a shitshow.

So you are posting a pic when people are still walking in before the show starts?? 
    How many people do you think sat behind the curtain?
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,824
    pjl44 said:
    prl said:
    seanclax said:
    Barcelona night 2
    What a shitshow.

I love guessing games
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,187
    pjl44 said:
    prl said:
    seanclax said:
    Barcelona night 2
    What a shitshow.

I love guessing games
    Pay no attention to the man not behind the curtain.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,560
    The corporate party happens behind the curtain.
  • stuessystuessy Posts: 37
    audience in front of the curtain. barcelona night #2.
    ;-)

prl said:
    seanclax said:
    Barcelona night 2
    What a shitshow.

Or he's showing the blacked out part of the arena
  • D-DayD-Day Far From Home Posts: 317
    edited July 9
    pdalowsky said:
    Having seen two shows, I do understand the many arguments in this thread and understand the cost is high but I am still in the mindset that those shows were worth every penny I paid and a lot more. They were phenomenal and we had such an amazing time. They will no doubt be the best shows I see all year and for that I am always grateful. 

I cant wait for next time, and if the costs are even higher I'll pay it gladly. 

Being a football fan we will regularly pay £60 for 90 minutes of football (in the north of course) and its often dreadful and barely qualifying of entertainment. When put next to those shows I witnessed on this leg, everything is in perspective. 
    good point.
    I have spend 40€ for a game two years ago. A relegation battle game short before the end of the season. What I get was lousy entertainment - two crappy teams almost without any noticeable skills, performed by overpaid people on the field - at least a 1:1.
    Result: What a waste of money I thought - still had that in mind days later.
    Edit: further 40€ plus 20€ for a kid ticket were not paid by me but wasted too.

At 160£ / approx. 200€ I hit the Go - button to check Manchester‘s brand new CoopArena (especially build for concerts - loud ones;) + PJ in there.
    Result: crazy price I think but
    less than 1€£ wasted.
    Post edited by D-Day on

It happened - sometimes… 

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/303459/wrong-forum#latest

but someone up there next to the close-down button still can find enough in the thread here

;) just imagined a massive user movement to the US showbiz scene on board…

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/303335/philly-n2-ticket-dump#latest

• Zen23Zen23 Posts: 448
    D-Day said:
    No
    last day on board
    was 1 Week on vacation here
    I understood your post from July 2 to mean that it will be your "last day on board" here in the forum. I was already looking forward to it. But now it's July 9th. And you're still here. Or have I misunderstood something?
    edited July 9

Good News!

I think the day is close now.
    I’ll stay for Madrid and Portugal.
    Then quick returns for the 202X UK-Tour at best >>>
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/303426/uk-euro-tour-202x-the-best-the-biggest-non-arena-venues-plus-more/p1

Zen23, how much would you pay for your ticket / at what price would you shot your ticket on screen to enter the barn gig (capacity 700) at the waterfront in Norwich ?

Post edited by D-Day on
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,035
    edited July 9
    prl said:
    seanclax said:
    Barcelona night 2
    What a shitshow.

Lol. Start thinking before doing your angry posting going forward. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"