• Zen23Zen23 Posts: 448
    D-Day said:

Good News!

I think the day is close now.
    I’ll stay for Madrid and Portugal.
    Then quick returns for the 202X UK-Tour at best

You're true to your word, right?

D-Day said:
    Zen23, how much would you pay for your ticket / at what price would you shot your ticket on screen to enter the barn gig (capacity 700) at the waterfront in Norwich ?

I was willing to pay £160 / €190 for Manchester. If the Adrian Flux Waterfront in Norwich with room for 700 people is the only location on their next European / UK tour, I'm willing to pay more. But you already knew the answer. But let's be honest. Does it really make a difference to Pearl Jam whether they take in 700 times €190 euros or 700 times €1,000? What difference does that make in their world? I'm more in favour of everyone donating their €1,000 to a charitable organization. And Pearl Jam play for free.
  • D-DayD-Day Far From Home Posts: 317
    edited July 9
    Zen,

sure - I’m not interested enough in the US tour. Will check DM Tracks ? played and maybe some other stuff from far away;) No entries on the scoreboard further than Portugal by me.
    2 weeks of my membership are over - I will and can use the place without typing anything in the forum - except the „still not announced UK-Tour / Live Fantasy Zone“ thread for some details.
    A Shot on the ticket for the barn in Norwich would be for me around 150-200 £ - but depending how the crunch time looks on screen + rather impossible to predict which ENTRY price would sell out this show.
    Can easily find more places to shot a ticket, so no barn would not hurt me.

Post edited by D-Day on
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,824
    prl said:
    seanclax said:
    Barcelona night 2
    the whole of the back of the arena and all 300 sections completly blacked out.
    What a shitshow.
    They gotta learn from this.
    It was pretty sad to see that in a PJ show, actually.

So you are posting a pic when people are still walking in before the show starts?? 
    Lol. Start thinking before doing your angry posting going forward. 
    Muted
  • D-DayD-Day Far From Home Posts: 317
    edited July 9
    Btw
    I don’t think the final Entry-Price to the Waterfront Barn would be 1010,10£ - who are those buyers - intercontinental fans ? Maybe some would buy such a overpriced ticket - but the majority can read and is not crazy enough 💡 see the notice next to the current price;) that’s a key detail of the whole strategy to hold all decent enough. You can know what’s going on…

That one person who bought a Brixton academy ticket for 400£ should also made one of the crazy actions. But who knows. Tour alone would be good for a view on that ticket sales strategy and the fan online scenario till the showdays.
    Post edited by D-Day on
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,490
    prl said:
    seanclax said:
    Barcelona night 2
    What a shitshow.

That’s a lost market value of millions of dollars in sellable seats in eastern USA, per night.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 15,037
    prl said:
    seanclax said:
    Barcelona night 2
    What a shitshow.

That’s a lost market value of millions of dollars in sellable seats in eastern USA, per night.
    Whilst valid, I have a feeling that this band are not short of a few quid. Yes they tour to make money, but they'll be doing just fine i'm sure. The energy coming from them from the stage told me that they were absolutely in the element and loving every minute in playing to the crowds they got. 
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,269
    pdalowsky said:
    prl said:
    seanclax said:
    Barcelona night 2
    What a shitshow.

Whilst valid, I have a feeling that this band are not short of a few quid. Yes they tour to make money, but they'll be doing just fine i'm sure. The energy coming from them from the stage told me that they were absolutely in the element and loving every minute in playing to the crowds they got. 
    There was even more energy last night. I know he does it all the time but EV said at the end something about that they will be back (I got the impression he meant Europe), so hopefully not waiting as long for the next tour as some of the doom mongers here talk about. 
    drfox said:
    pdalowsky said:
    prl said:
    seanclax said:
    Barcelona night 2
    What a shitshow.

There was even more energy last night. I know he does it all the time but EV said at the end something about that they will be back (I got the impression he meant Europe), so hopefully not waiting as long for the next tour as some of the doom mongers here talk about. 
    I hope you are right..........I already cannot wait. 
  • JABKJABK Finland Posts: 345
    drfox said:
    pdalowsky said:
    prl said:
    seanclax said:
    Barcelona night 2
    What a shitshow.

Exactly! In a dream world they'll be back next year, but I doubt it. Allready looking forward to Euro tour 2026! Missed out when Berlin got cancelled, but this was pure bad luck with the illness...I'm glad that it seems they've got some sort of new found energy.
  • OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 743
    prl said:
    seanclax said:
    Barcelona night 2
    What a shitshow.

While that is pretty shocking, it also follows 3 cancelled shows and some major uncertainty that this show would even happen. Adjustments were made, and it seems the show was exciting and appreciated by (almost) all in attendance, including the band.
  • seanclaxseanclax Posts: 532
    JABK said:
    drfox said:
    pdalowsky said:
    prl said:
    seanclax said:
    Barcelona night 2
    What a shitshow.

Exactly! In a dream world they'll be back next year, but I doubt it. Allready looking forward to Euro tour 2026! Missed out when Berlin got cancelled, but this was pure bad luck with the illness...I'm glad that it seems they've got some sort of new found energy.
    Don't sleep on barcelona next time. 
    I'm barca over Berlin all day now.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,855
    The corporate party happens behind the curtain.
    What happens behind the curtain stays behind the curtain 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,333

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Zen23Zen23 Posts: 448
    edited July 10
    I am not going to complain with the following information. Promise. I just want to show how an artist's presale usually works in Europe and why it led to such a big discussion with Pearl Jam this year. Because it's definitely not because of the price of €175. Yes, the price is high by our standards. But not unusually high for good seats in the lower tier. However, I have never seen such a price being charged as a standard price right up to the back row of the upper tier. As far as I know, this is unique.

The graphic shows the different price categories in the Volksparkstadion Hamburg using the example of the Ed Sheeran concert, which has just gone on sale. I am aware that Ed Sheeran is an individual artist. He just serves as an example of a proper price gradation. Replace him with Tool, Foo Fighters or Coldplay for all I care.

Category 1 Seat
    € 145,22

Category 2 Seat
    € 117,72

Category 3 Seat
    € 95,72

Category 4 Seat
    € 57,22

Category 5 Seat
    € 35,22

Category 6 Standing
    € 90,22

Post edited by Zen23 on
    seanclax said:
    JABK said:
    drfox said:
    pdalowsky said:
    prl said:
    seanclax said:
    Barcelona night 2
    What a shitshow.

Funny thing is i chose between Berlin 2 and Barcelona 2...chose Berlin 2...
    JABK said:
    seanclax said:
    JABK said:
    drfox said:
    pdalowsky said:
    prl said:
    seanclax said:
    Barcelona night 2
    What a shitshow.

Having done both, I would only ever do Barcelona in the future if faced with this choice.

I was always team Berlin having gone to shows there on 4 tours, and loved the city and the venues. But the crowd at Barcelona were insane. No brainer from here on in if faced with that call and the shows are both two nighters

• rangers72rangers72 lockerbie.uk Posts: 169
    edited July 10
    I think it will be at least a couple of years before they will be back in europe.Luckily we have had Springsteen do massive tours in 23,24 and i think hes back next year!The national have done 2 big european tours in the last  year(going to see them Edinburgh)and kings of leon and Killers have done big tours,indeed The Killers are in the middle of a 7 show run in London at the moment.Next year i think europe will see the Stones and Muse back  and still rumours of a Oasis comeback! .So hopefully the band will come back fully fit and hopefully play some places they havent played in a while.
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    Tons of unsold seat everywhere in Europe du Princig Policy.
    Event in Berlin (Have a look at eventeam.de, nothing is sold event at the cheapest rates)
    Poor atmosphere....

Well, you were wrong. Not on the unsold seats, but on the poor atmosphere
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 3,010
    Wait, that was a curtain? I waited ages for the video screens to come on...

Not really, my shows were all cancelled. 
    Nature drunk and High
    pdalowsky said:
    JABK said:
    seanclax said:
    JABK said:
    drfox said:
    pdalowsky said:
    prl said:
    seanclax said:
    Barcelona night 2
    What a shitshow.

Having done both, I would only ever do Barcelona in the future if faced with this choice.

I was always team Berlin having gone to shows there on 4 tours, and loved the city and the venues. But the crowd at Barcelona were insane. No brainer from here on in if faced with that call and the shows are both two nighters

Agree having done these places in 2022 and 2024. Berlin has that irritating 10pm curfew as well.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,022
    Fellas, sold out ballparks and massive merch budgets eagerly await your return!

drfox said:
    pdalowsky said:
    JABK said:
    seanclax said:
    JABK said:
    drfox said:
    pdalowsky said:
    prl said:
    seanclax said:
    Barcelona night 2
    What a shitshow.

Agree having done these places in 2022 and 2024. Berlin has that irritating 10pm curfew as well.
    Yes. And from now on when possible I'll only go to arenas when travelling...to avoid bad weather 😎
    A little off topic perhaps, but does anyone have real info on the cancellations that you can't play the place you cancelled for two years? Is it country, city or venue specific?
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,035
    @seanclax has blurted it out on several instances like stone-cold known facts, so he should know the specifics I guess. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,291
    JABK said:
    A little off topic perhaps, but does anyone have real info on the cancellations that you can't play the place you cancelled for two years? Is it country, city or venue specific?
    Wouldn't it be specific to the policy/band/insurance company?
    JABK said:
    Wouldn't it be specific to the policy/band/insurance company?
    Yep almost certainly 
    JABK said:
    The simple answer is no one has a clue
  • seanclaxseanclax Posts: 532
    edited July 12
    @seanclax has blurted it out on several instances like stone-cold known facts, so he should know the specifics I guess. 
    Dunno why you would name me. But I guess your a [Name calling removed by Admin]
    I think I mentioned it once and it was a consensus of a group discussion that you clearly wernt part of.
    Wind your neck in

Post edited by Sea on
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,097
    IIRC the 2 year insurance thing came from a quote from a member of The Who who mentioned this as a reason that they hadn't gone back to cities they'd cancelled at that time. People then assumed this must be the case for PJ, given they didn't go back to the missed citied on this tour. 
    'F*** the pessimists. F*** 'em.' Eddie Vedder
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,035
    edited July 12
    seanclax said:
    Dunno why you would name me. But I guess your a [Name calling removed by Admin]
    I think I mentioned it once and it was a consensus of a group discussion that you clearly wernt part of.
    Wind your neck in

I can go to to the nearest McDonalds and have a group discussion with some truckers about brain surgery and reach a consensus too. Wouldn't matter one bit in itself. As a hypothesis perhaps, in a limited fashion. But not hard facts.

Post edited by Sea on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"