European Tour Sales = Desaster

Comments

• THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,767
    Zen23 said:
    seanclax said:
    @seanclax has blurted it out on several instances like stone-cold known facts, so he should know the specifics I guess. 
    Dunno why you would name me. But I guess your a childish prick.
    I think I mentioned it once and it was a consensus of a group discussion that you clearly wernt part of.
    Wind your neck in

Hey man, just ignore that Spiritual Chaos person. He just lives on here to argue with people and  complain. Don’t let him get to you. Just mute him.  The board would be better if we just ignored his posts. 
    You are way too obsessed. Creepy stuff.
    You keep proving our point. Time to log off for a bit and go outside .
    Regardless of who is right or wrong in your private dispute. Nobody really needs such opinionated arrogance. 
    Haha. 
  • JABKJABK Finland Posts: 344
    drfox said:
    Haijay said:
    on2legs said:
    The band will most certainly be back to Europe soon.  They love you guys and they know you love them.  The ticket pricing was clearly a miscalculation and I think they probably know it now.  So I imagine there will be a revised strategy for next time but they will most assuredly be back enthusiastically.  
    But, what if, in two years, they come back with the SAME pricing? Since it will be two years later than this shitshow, but costs are NOT going to stop rising? 🤯🤯🤯 Mind Blown……..
    Key thing really is to announce a June/July show in mid-late Autumn the previous year 
    I certainly agree with that.
    on2legs said:
    The band will most certainly be back to Europe soon.  They love you guys and they know you love them.  The ticket pricing was clearly a miscalculation and I think they probably know it now.  So I imagine there will be a revised strategy for next time but they will most assuredly be back enthusiastically.  
    Yes...and maybe...JUST MAYBE they have something in store for us Europeans next summer this time around. I don't think touring a new album is just 9 shows of which 3 were cancelled. Plus they seem extra excited with DM. Remembering the shows that got cancelled 2022 I could see them doing 2 x Amsterdam, 2-3 festivals, 2-3 Italy shows, Vienna, Prague, Krakow, one in Scandinavia and France.
  • seanclaxseanclax Posts: 504
    JABK said:
    on2legs said:
    Yes...and maybe...JUST MAYBE they have something in store for us Europeans next summer this time around. I don't think touring a new album is just 9 shows of which 3 were cancelled. Plus they seem extra excited with DM. Remembering the shows that got cancelled 2022 I could see them doing 2 x Amsterdam, 2-3 festivals, 2-3 Italy shows, Vienna, Prague, Krakow, one in Scandinavia and France.
    Berlin and London will get shows first. If we get a tour next year it'll probably be shorter than this year's tour
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,110
    Let s hope you get a tour like this next summer.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • apirk72apirk72 Posts: 499
    JABK said:
    on2legs said:
    Wouldn't really bet on them doing more shows then they have been doing.  I expect them to continue to tour like they have been the past few years and if anything do less shows when they tour.
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 984
    Them euro 2000 bootlegs are gold. Amazing moments in time. Cardiff was on today 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,596
    The band has never discussed business dealings with fans or the public. In fact they are notorious for not sharing much information with the fans. They only disclose information when release dates/tours are confirmed. This is one of the longer tours they have done in recent years. My guess is that they play a festival next year with a few dates around that festival. Could be anywhere.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,672
    Imagine their surprise when they run into fans outside the hotel and it's all "Matt I love You Are but can we sit down for a minute and run through a few provisions in your insurance paperwork"
    mcgruff10 said:
    Let s hope you get a tour like this next summer.  
    Ljubljana would be awesome!
    apirk72 said:
    JABK said:
    on2legs said:
    Wouldn't really bet on them doing more shows then they have been doing.  I expect them to continue to tour like they have been the past few years and if anything do less shows when they tour.
    Maybe my guess is a little optimistic...but around 10 shows for European tours.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,618
    edited July 12
    Do you mean disaster? Or are you talking about the German band?
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,050

Used some Metallica guitar picks to mark one crucial addition to the next year tour plan.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 312
    eboweddie said:
    Them euro 2000 bootlegs are gold. Amazing moments in time. Cardiff was on today 
    Cardiff was fantastic. Top tier version of immortality. 
  • Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 312
    edited July 12
    seanclax said:
    JABK said:
    on2legs said:
    Berlin and London will get shows first. If we get a tour next year it'll probably be shorter than this year's tour
    Hope they will be back in the uk sooner rather than later.
    Post edited by Gravey1975 on
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,843
    Skipping the UK for a more extensive run of the nordic countries would be the best for everyone involved. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,082
    The cost of a Nordic trip for people from the UK would be impossible with the cost of things up there but I agree there should be dates up there it's beautiful. And local people can go to local shows but I can only see less dates not more if any 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    I've given up on a Finland show...but one can hope...🍀🤞
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,843
    edited July 12
    The cost of a Nordic trip for people from the UK would be impossible with the cost of things up there but I agree there should be dates up there it's beautiful. And local people can go to local shows but I can only see less dates not more if any 
    In 2014 at the Swedish show, some tenclub women were talking to the security guy (I guess he was handsome) about how expensive it was to drink and eat in Sweden. And he asked them where they had gone.

They answered "The hotel bar".

So, I mean - some due diligence before a trip please. Ofc the hotel bar will be expensive.

But they should skip Copenhagen. That city is way to expensive for a normal human being.

I say: Oslo, Gothenburg and Helsinki would cover the nordics. Maybe if they feel mischievous - throw in Reykjavik. And we'll sacrifice Brexit-land for it. I think everyone will be happy.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    I loved Oslo. But it is very expensive for even a sandwich in a normal shop it was like 8 pounds then so god knows now. But anyway nice places better than London in that respect for sure. I think Scotland would be nice too
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Zen23Zen23 Posts: 446
    But they should skip Copenhagen. That city is way to expensive for a normal human being.
    But their relatively new Royal Arena is really beautiful. 
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,271
    I loved Oslo. But it is very expensive for even a sandwich in a normal shop it was like 8 pounds then so god knows now. But anyway nice places better than London in that respect for sure. I think Scotland would be nice too
    Pity Edinburgh Castle is too small that would be great.... maybe Ed solo 
  • seanclaxseanclax Posts: 504
    Skipping the UK for a more extensive run of the nordic countries would be the best for everyone involved. 
    I don't mind anywhere in Europe, especially if its next year. Nordic countries are expensive to visit though 
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 15,024
    pjl44 said:
    Imagine their surprise when they run into fans outside the hotel and it's all "Matt I love You Are but can we sit down for a minute and run through a few provisions in your insurance paperwork"
    LOL
    In 2014 at the Swedish show, some tenclub women were talking to the security guy (I guess he was handsome) about how expensive it was to drink and eat in Sweden. And he asked them where they had gone.

They answered "The hotel bar".

So, I mean - some due diligence before a trip please. Ofc the hotel bar will be expensive.

I say: Oslo, Gothenburg and Helsinki would cover the nordics. Maybe if they feel mischievous - throw in Reykjavik. And we'll sacrifice Brexit-land for it. I think everyone will be happy.
    Oh I would not miss Iceland. SIGN ME UP
    Incorrect answer ;)
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,907
    seanclax said:
    @seanclax has blurted it out on several instances like stone-cold known facts, so he should know the specifics I guess. 
    I think I mentioned it once and it was a consensus of a group discussion that you clearly wernt part of.
    Wind your neck in

Hey man, just ignore that Spiritual Chaos person. He just lives on here to argue with people and  complain. Don’t let him get to you. Just mute him.  The board would be better if we just ignored his posts. 
    Βut you are not following your own advice..lol
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,767
    23scidoo said:
    seanclax said:
    Wind your neck in

Haha. I don’t live on here 24/7 and complain all day. Sometimes people gotta leave their mom’s basement and get offline. Just a thought. 
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,907
    23scidoo said:
    seanclax said:
    Wind your neck in

Haha. I don’t live on here 24/7 and complain all day. Sometimes people gotta leave their mom’s basement and get offline. Just a thought. 
    Those who are living here 24/7 are not from this side of the ocean..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    seanclax said:
    Wind your neck in

Those who are living here 24/7 are not from this side of the ocean..
    Facts
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07