European Tour Sales = Desaster

Comments

• Zen23Zen23 Posts: 448
    tino_11 said:
    IIRC the 2 year insurance thing came from a quote from a member of The Who who mentioned this as a reason that they hadn't gone back to cities they'd cancelled at that time. People then assumed this must be the case for PJ, given they didn't go back to the missed citied on this tour. 
    Summarized exactly right. That is our level of knowledge.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 15,037
    tino_11 said:
    IIRC the 2 year insurance thing came from a quote from a member of The Who who mentioned this as a reason that they hadn't gone back to cities they'd cancelled at that time. People then assumed this must be the case for PJ, given they didn't go back to the missed citied on this tour. 
    Whilst no one can verify it as being correct, its a fairly reasonable assessment as to what is likely to be the case too given the fact the cancelled places didnt get shows this time around. Makes a lot of sense really, and would explain things quite well. 

I guess we'll never know for sure but then not touring Amsterdam is a real curveball to the usual plans. Yet they also didnt tour Italy which is also a rarity. Always a chance we are putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5.

I just hope it isnt the case and two nights next summer in the 02 arena is feasible.....LOL
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,824
    edited July 12
    seanclax said:
    @seanclax has blurted it out on several instances like stone-cold known facts, so he should know the specifics I guess. 
    Dunno why you would name me. But I guess your a [Name calling removed by Admin]
    I think I mentioned it once and it was a consensus of a group discussion that you clearly wernt part of.
    Wind your neck in

Hey man, just ignore that Spiritual Chaos person. He just lives on here to argue with people and  complain. Don’t let him get to you. Just mute him.  The board would be better if we just ignored his posts. 
    Post edited by Sea on
  • smile6680smile6680 Posts: 377
    Why doesn't someone just reach out to the Ten Club for some clarification. I would imagine it is information they either have or could very easily obtain.
    smile6680 said:
    Why doesn't someone just reach out to the Ten Club for some clarification. I would imagine it is information they either have or could very easily obtain.
    Its all contractual legal stuff that is never going to be shared with us, and in all farness nor should it be. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,035
    edited July 11
    They did already play Amsterdam in 2022 though. So it might have just not have been the best route to take through Europe this time with the limited time they had (remember them saying they couldn't even reschedule this year, because of scheduling reasons. If that is true). 

I don't think they have ever missed (?) Amsterdam coming here. So that leads some credence to them not being "allowed" to. But, could also be they just happened to not prioritize Amsterdam (together with other countries) this one short tour.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited July 12
    seanclax said:
    @seanclax has blurted it out on several instances like stone-cold known facts, so he should know the specifics I guess. 
    Dunno why you would name me. But I guess your a [Name calling removed by Admin].
    I think I mentioned it once and it was a consensus of a group discussion that you clearly wernt part of.
    Wind your neck in

Hey man, just ignore that Spiritual Chaos person. He just lives on here to argue with people and  complain. Don’t let him get to you. Just mute him.  The board would be better if we just ignored his posts. 
    You are way to obsessed. Creepy stuff.

Post edited by Sea on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • RyanRyan Posts: 1,089
    It’s odd that they skipped Amsterdam with the two-show-per-city model they are largely doing, when that is one of the few established cities in London with history of selling out two nights.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,022
    smile6680 said:
    We could ask them to attach the band's health records while we're at it 
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,269
    If there is a 2 year agreement I imagine this is specific to the contract between the band and the insurer. Also if it does exist it has to be on a city basis and not a country basis, otherwise the band wouldn’t have returned to the US in 2023 after cancelling Sacremento and Vegas in 2022…..
    edited July 11
    Ryan said:
    It’s odd that they skipped Amsterdam with the two-show-per-city model they are largely doing, when that is one of the few established cities in London with history of selling out two nights.
    Maybe they and the promoter booking them, were confident in, from the data they had, that 2x Berlin shows and 2x Barcelona shows etc would be successful on the same or a higher level. Ziggo Dome is what, 15-17.000? Then think to instead sell 23.000 tickets for two nights in Berlin.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,796
    Ryan said:
    Maybe they and the promoter booking them, were confident in, from the data they had, that 2x Berlin shows and 2x Barcelona shows etc would be successful on the same or a higher level. Ziggo Dome is what, 15-17.000? Then think to instead sell 22.000 tickets for two nights in Berlin.
    Maybe they just wanted to do something different
    Kearnsy
    Kearn5y said:
    Ryan said:
    Maybe they and the promoter booking them, were confident in, from the data they had, that 2x Berlin shows and 2x Barcelona shows etc would be successful on the same or a higher level. Ziggo Dome is what, 15-17.000? Then think to instead sell 22.000 tickets for two nights in Berlin.
    When you want different, you play to 55-60.000 in Gothenburg, Sweden. The band knows this. 
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,796
    Kearn5y said:
    Ryan said:
    When you want different, you play to 55-60.000 in Gothenburg, Sweden. The band knows this. 
    Well, hopefully you get what they already know.
    Kearnsy
  • seanclaxseanclax Posts: 532
    seanclax said:
    Dunno why you would name me. But I guess your a childish prick.
    Wind your neck in

I can go to to the nearest McDonalds and have a group discussion with some truckers about brain surgery and reach a consensus too. Wouldn't matter one bit in itself. As a hypothesis perhaps, in a limited fashion. But not hard facts.
    If you can find where i stated anything anything as a FACT I'll concede your point
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,824
    seanclax said:
    Wind your neck in

You are way too obsessed. Creepy stuff.
    You keep proving our point. Time to log off for a bit and go outside .
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,802
    The band will most certainly be back to Europe soon.  They love you guys and they know you love them.  The ticket pricing was clearly a miscalculation and I think they probably know it now.  So I imagine there will be a revised strategy for next time but they will most assuredly be back enthusiastically.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    The band will most certainly be back to Europe soon.  They love you guys and they know you love them.  The ticket pricing was clearly a miscalculation and I think they probably know it now.  So I imagine there will be a revised strategy for next time but they will most assuredly be back enthusiastically.  
    I am a huge fan of your thinking
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,672
    Kearn5y said:
    Ryan said:
    If you insist on bringing logic into this, I am afraid you might be asked to leave.
    seanclax said:
    Wind your neck in

Yikes
  • SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,863
    drfox said:
    If there is a 2 year agreement I imagine this is specific to the contract between the band and the insurer. Also if it does exist it has to be on a city basis and not a country basis, otherwise the band wouldn’t have returned to the US in 2023 after cancelling Sacremento and Vegas in 2022…..
    Or by distance. I think that's a common clause with festival headliners not to compete with the festival's ticket sales. The band agree not to play any other shows within e.g., 150 miles of the festival location in the preceding six months. 
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,703
    SHZA said:
    drfox said:
    Or by distance. I think that's a common clause with festival headliners not to compete with the festival's ticket sales. The band agree not to play any other shows within e.g., 150 miles of the festival location in the preceding six months. 
    I still think it's interesting with the Sacramento and Bottlerock shows. No clause for that or it was negotiable? 
  • SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,863
    SHZA said:
    drfox said:
    I still think it's interesting with the Sacramento and Bottlerock shows. No clause for that or it was negotiable? 
    Negotiable. If the band has enough leverage or the festival doesn't think the other show will hurt sales it would make sense to omit. 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,690
    edited July 12
    seanclax said:
    Dunno why you would name me. But I guess your a [Name calling removed by Admin]
    Wind your neck in

Careful bud, name calling can get you banned.
    Post edited by Sea on
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,997
    Or maybe even get this thread locked
    seanclax said:
    Wind your neck in

Regardless of who is right or wrong in your private dispute. Nobody really needs such opinionated arrogance. 
  • HaijayHaijay Posts: 369
    on2legs said:
    But, what if, in two years, they come back with the SAME pricing? Since it will be two years later than this shitshow, but costs are NOT going to stop rising? 🤯🤯🤯 Mind Blown……..
    Even if they come up with €200 for tickets in two years' time, they can save themselves the shitshow that 2024 has become here, on social media and in the press by charging more reasonable prices for the worse seats.
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,269
    Haijay said:
    on2legs said:
    But, what if, in two years, they come back with the SAME pricing? Since it will be two years later than this shitshow, but costs are NOT going to stop rising? 🤯🤯🤯 Mind Blown……..
    Key thing really is to announce a June/July show in mid-late Autumn the previous year 
  • smile6680smile6680 Posts: 377
    edited July 11
    pdalowsky said:
    smile6680 said:
    Its all contractual legal stuff that is never going to be shared with us, and in all farness nor should it be. 
    Really? I get insurance pay outs and stuff. Why wouldn't they be able to discuss a time frame in which they cant play an area. 

It doesn't matter to me at all. I was trying to find a solution to all the speculations. I thought maybe someone would contact them and see if it is something they can comment on. No harm in asking.
    Post edited by smile6680 on