European Tour Sales = Desaster

Comments

• D-DayD-Day Far From Home Posts: 317
    edited July 6
     close to the stage seats - about one hour before Stagetime:
    lower level 166,50 
    upper level 60€ (on screen below)
  • JK109224JK109224 Posts: 604
    For all the squealing, Barcelona looked pretty packed.
    Come to send, not condescend...
    Way better than Berlin on screen.
  • seanclaxseanclax Posts: 551
    For the next show can we not mention ticket sales 
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,049
    JK109224 said:
    And what an incredible audience ….. amazing reception for the band and you could see they were pretty touched by it. 
    seanclax said:
    Then today / Sunday looks like the fitting Close Down date for the thread. 

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,717
    edited July 6
    seanclax said:
    No, I imagine that dead horse will continue to get beat. 
    I’ll skip Monday here but check TM for the final showdown. The following festival dates are a complete different cup of tea and the European tour ends then.
    The horse died short before Stagetime in Barcelona yesterday.

edited July 7
    JK109224 said:
    topic relevant detail 👆🏿 but that looks packed.
    (Pic from the fanviews thread;)

Post edited by D-Day on
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,907

PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,589
    edited July 7
    The radio has given away tons of tickets over the weekend for both shows. Won tickets as well, and flying down tomorrow :) 
    Post edited by Niko80 on
    I will swallow poison
  • seanclaxseanclax Posts: 551
    D-Day said:
    JK109224 said:
    topic relevant detail 👆🏿 but that looks packed.
    (Pic from the fanviews thread;)

Mate can you give up with the ticket sales already ffs
  • kristmacekristmace Posts: 215
    So, fairly full in Barcelona night 1. A few spaces in the back.

They did shut the 300 level and half of the 200 level at the back though. 
    2000: Manchester | 2006: Astoria, Dublin, Leeds | 2007: Wembley, Nijmegen | 2008: New York 1 & 2 | 2009: Shepherds Bush, Manchester, London | 2010: Hyde Park | 2012: Manchester 1 & 2, EV London 1 & 2 | 2014: Stockholm, Leeds, Milton Keynes | 2017: EV Dublin | 2018: London 2 | 2019: EV London | 2022: London 1& 2 | 2024: Manchester

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,190
    D-Day said:
    I’ll skip Monday here but check TM for the final showdown. The following festival dates are a complete different cup of tea and the European tour ends then.
    The horse died short before Stagetime in Barcelona yesterday.

If you start your own thread to dump all those assorted TM screen shots that's probably the better move
    edited July 7
    Own thread?
    I’ve done the only move: the whole bunch (edit: 66;) is on the phone deleted now.
    Could be in data nirvana now. 
    The only question left is: when will an admin close down the thread - IF.

Post edited by D-Day on
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,118
    edited July 7
    Αnyone with ticket around 105E, row 3 want to trade with 10C GA Barcelona 2??..Thanks..
    Post edited by 23scidoo on
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • BF25394 said:
    I can see for miles and miles 
    Not the same in kilometres 
    Oh, man, don't get me started. When I went to Vancouver for the shows, I picked up my rental car and was driving it at what felt like a moderate rate of speed when I glanced at the speedometer and was shocked to see that I was somehow doing 90. Then, waiting for the SeaBus after the show, I looked at a display in the terminal and saw that the temperature outside was 9 degrees. I thought, "Damn, I should have packed a coat." Finally, refilling my tank before returning the car, I was presented with gas-- excuse me, petrol-- by the liter-- I mean litre-- priced in Canadian dollars-- or is it dollras? I still have no idea whether I got a good deal or not and, unfortunately, there's simply no way to know.

What a messed-up system. It must be tough for Canadians to walk around all day constantly having to multiply things by .62 or 1.8 to know the real distances and temperatures.

Also, not about weights and measures, the radio station I settled on went by Zed 95.3. I still don't know who this Zed person is...
    Zed's Dead, baby...
  • Rossdoc81Rossdoc81 Posts: 28

I'm just doing some maths here:

If you sell out the Barcelona arena at €90 a ticket its 18 000 x €90 = 1.62 million
    If you leave 2000 seats empty but average €160 a ticket its 16 000 x €160 = 2.56 million

Now you've just made an extra million euro here. Would you really mind if you annoy some fans and some poor people can't afford to attend? 

An average worker in Spain has to work for 35 years to earn this and you just made it in one night, now that's just good business.
    edited July 7
    I was thinking that too but never made the math to it - I knew the result must be like this.
    👇🏿💡
    Post edited by D-Day on
    edited July 7
    If you looking for something good;
     ~1,000,000€ is the price of killing scalping/resellers. Paid by the fans.
    When everyone knows what’s going on then not that much „overpriced“ tickets getting sold. (except they will show up in a barn in Norwich, UK, capacity 700 for example:) See Manchester Arena ;this strike strategy hits „normal price“ at the end. (eventually;) But that’ll not happen in Norwich…;)

What incensed me about Manchester was the appearance of the whole tier 1 > for about GBP 90,-  > approx. two weeks before showdate. That level was by far not packed then - no wonder, most of the interested people had already bought their ticket long before > 100% overprized.

what Barcelona made visible: 
    the sales strategy don’t use „below normal prize tickets“ (but it would be doable). Plus: give-away tickets were part of the business.

thread close down? or not?
    Post edited by D-Day on
    Having seen two shows, I do understand the many arguments in this thread and understand the cost is high but I am still in the mindset that those shows were worth every penny I paid and a lot more. They were phenomenal and we had such an amazing time. They will no doubt be the best shows I see all year and for that I am always grateful. 

I cant wait for next time, and if the costs are even higher I'll pay it gladly. 

Being a football fan we will regularly pay £60 for 90 minutes of football (in the north of course) and its often dreadful and barely qualifying of entertainment. When put next to those shows I witnessed on this leg, everything is in perspective. 
  • bigbadwalksbigbadwalks Posts: 22
    When do people think we’ll next see the band in Europe? I’ve seen people speculating on a two year wait following a cancellation but could it really be that long? I’m itching to see them again, but baulked at paying for expensive last minute flights to Barcelona or Madrid.
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,589
    Two years is not long though, in a traditional sense. I feel Pearl Jam will do more festival stops in Europe coming tours. 
    I will swallow poison
    I guess not. I’m just hoping that after this current tour lost three shows they’ll be back sooner, rather than later and hopefully with revised pricing!
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,156
    They sometime come back-to-back years (2006/2007 and 2009/2010) and sometimes they wait four years (2014 to 2018). It obviously depends on a various of factors. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Posts: 1,063
    Truth is, none of us know.

Optimistic view - They realise this tour was messed up so want to make it right next year and come back with different venues/pricing/planning to avoid sickness.

Pessimistic view - Talk of insurance reasons may embargo certain countries, the band may want to rethink touring schedule

All I can say is I missed all shows this tour and hope to get my fill of Dark Matter songs next time around so hope they still promote the hell out of it the next tour.
  • BC62528BC62528 Posts: 210
    Plenty of states in the US that would love to host the band and sell out the venues...Come back to Hartford, CT!
    edited July 8

Optimistic view - They realise this tour was messed up so want to make it right next year and come back with different venues/pricing/planning to avoid sickness.

Pessimistic view - Talk of insurance reasons may embargo certain countries, the band may want to rethink touring schedule

All I can say is I missed all shows this tour and hope to get my fill of Dark Matter songs next time around so hope they still promote the hell out of it the next tour.
    I think I’m somewhere between the optimistic and pessimistic. I’d love for more arena shows in other cities, maybe even a stadium or two in the right place, but would definitely take another Hyde Park gig at this point.

Shame you missed out on the DM songs. I had a ticket for London, but was fortunate enough to have been at Manchester too. I thought ‘Dark Matter’ particularly sounded huge.
    Post edited by bigbadwalks on

I think I’m somewhere between the optimistic and pessimistic. I’d love for more arena shows in other cities, maybe even a stadium or two in the right place, but would definitely take another Hyde Park gig at this point.

Shame you missed out on the DM songs. I had a ticket for London, but was fortunate enough to have been at Manchester too. I thought ‘Dark Matter’ particularly sounded huge.
    Impossible to notice how energised the band looked playing the new stuff, especially RR and scared of fear...
  • HenriettaLowellHenriettaLowell Cologne, Germany Posts: 125
    pdalowsky said:

Impossible to notice how energised the band looked playing the new stuff, especially RR and scared of fear...
    Hope you mean „not to notice“ 😌