Options

European Tour Sales = Desaster

Comments

• Options
    sdh8252sdh8252 Birmingham Posts: 9
    The £91 tickets do seem to be selling, albeit very slowly, so I reckon if TM knock them down to more like £50 they'll sell a lot more.  RHCP last year wasn't sold out at Spurs, but was very close to full 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,190
    edited April 10
    Wish I would have gone to London and then also seen Kings of Leon. BOOOOOOOOOOH
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 411
    edited April 11
    GA-Tickets for Berlin (both nights) are available again for the regular price of 175 EUR at Ticketmaster.de

Also good seats are now available in sections A2 and E1. While 10c-members are still stuck with 10c-seats in A1 und E2.
    Post edited by axeljohan on
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,649
    There is a single Manchester GA less then face on resale.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    Planet of SoundPlanet of Sound UK Posts: 361
    Is it yours/10C?
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 307
    axeljohan said:
    GA-Tickets for Berlin (both nights) are available again for the regular price of 175 EUR at Ticketmaster.de

Also good seats are now available in sections A2 and E1. While 10c-members are still stuck with 10c-seats in A1 und E2.
    It would be so easy for Ticketmaster to offer the chance to exchange seats to GA...but with Ticketmaster it's not going to happen.
  • Options
    JABK said:
    axeljohan said:

It would be so easy for Ticketmaster to offer the chance to exchange seats to GA...but with Ticketmaster it's not going to happen.
    For any exchange to happen, 10c would have to tell TM to do so. Which apparantly 10c won't do.
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,649
    Is it yours/10C?
    Yes, already sold one.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 354
    axeljohan said:

While the fans who had to pay huge amounts of money for PJ Premium tickets for the lower tier at the start of the presale are now the ones who are screwed. While they are trying to recoup their money in the resale, Ticketmaster is happily offering better seats at a fraction of the price. Shitty world.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,149
    Really bad system. I'm surprised the band are happy with this.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Same game in Barcelona. Ticketmaster starts converting original Platinum Tickets in Level 1 into standard Reserved Seating Tickets for now 165 euros completely randomly and without any sense or any relation to the surrounding seats. While fans are left sitting on their 230 euro resale tickets. Although this perverse system is not new and well known, I could puke every time I see it.

• Options
    Disgraceful 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Zen23 said:
    axeljohan said:

While the fans who had to pay huge amounts of money for PJ Premium tickets for the lower tier at the start of the presale are now the ones who are screwed. While they are trying to recoup their money in the resale, Ticketmaster is happily offering better seats at a fraction of the price. Shitty world.
    Only solution for this: don't jump on Premium tickets at the start of the sale. Hard to do, when you really want to go to a concert, but there has to be a learning curve on the consumer side.
  • Options
    marumarukomarumaruko Frankfurt / Calgary Posts: 108
    axeljohan said:
    Zen23 said:
    axeljohan said:

Only solution for this: don't jump on Premium tickets at the start of the sale. Hard to do, when you really want to go to a concert, but there has to be a learning curve on the consumer side.
    This, or simply stop looking once you got your tickets and be content. 
    I got early Tool tickets for this spring in Europe and I am sure I overpaid, but I really wanted to see them, so I'm happy to have scored great seats. 

(Although I also learned through this to wait a bit longer - Dynamic pricing is great for people who want to decide closer to a show)
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,331
    axeljohan said:
    Zen23 said:
    axeljohan said:

I got early Tool tickets for this spring in Europe and I am sure I overpaid, but I really wanted to see them, so I'm happy to have scored great seats. 

(Although I also learned through this to wait a bit longer - Dynamic pricing is great for people who want to decide closer to a show)
    I do wonder what will happen as ticket buy psychology adapts over the next number of years.   Most of us grew up when it was get 'em right away, or you have to deal with a reseller.  It's now completely inverted, and the best thing you can do is wait until the last second.

Peoples psychology and ticket buying routines will adapt to this right? :)
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,179
    Zod said:
    axeljohan said:
    Zen23 said:
    axeljohan said:

I do wonder what will happen as ticket buy psychology adapts over the next number of years.   Most of us grew up when it was get 'em right away, or you have to deal with a reseller.  It's now completely inverted, and the best thing you can do is wait until the last second.

Mine has but you also have to be able to sniff out which shows this will not be the case
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,919

Why are they charging fees for Fan to fan sales? 
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,707
    PJNB said:

Why are they charging fees for Fan to fan sales? 
    I don't think these are Fan to Fan in Europe. It's resale, and fees are always charged on resale tickets. TM take a big fee to facilitate the sale.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    edited April 13
    Well, initially TM wrote that re-sale of tickets in Europe could happen without additional fees for seller AND buyer, because it is important to the band that fans only pay the intended amount for tickets.  

Asked TM Germany about the fees, then they said the initial remarks were a mistake and only the seller does not have to pay fees for re-selling and they corrected the section on their website. Guess it is not that important to the band that fans only pay the amount intended. Guess TM UK made just the same mistake. 
    Post edited by axeljohan on
  • Options
    Planet of SoundPlanet of Sound UK Posts: 361
    Except the seller does pay, as they have to reduce the price in order to cover fees or the tickets for the buyer are more expensive than those on general sale (it seems a lot of people sellers have not grasped this looking at TM).
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,919
    I remember that now. Thats rough especially with how ticket sales are having to compete with a poorly selling market. 

I am ISO a great pair for Barcelona N1 if anyone is selling a great pair for face and wants to avoid the fees. What were the best 10C tickets that people got?

• Options
    edited April 13
    There are now a few seats available in Level 1 for the price of 165 euros. It depends on what you consider to be a great pair. In terms of price. As well as in terms of position in the arena. 
    Post edited by Zen23 on
  • Options
    It's all Monopoly money. Just pay and go have fun! 
  • Options
    It's all Monopoly money. Just pay and go have fun! 
    Do not pass GO
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    And don't end up in prison.
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,177
    Zod said:
    axeljohan said:
    Zen23 said:
    axeljohan said:

Great observation.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    Ed gave an interview to Süddeutsche Zeitung, one of the most respected newspapers in Germany. Great interview, he was pressed about ticket prices (translated via google)

Concerts by stars like Taylor Swift are increasingly becoming an exclusive treat. When you announced the upcoming Pearl Jam tour, there was an outcry about ticket prices. For their loyal fans, Pearl Jam have always been a slightly different band. People seem to feel betrayed, can you understand that?

I really hate to say it, but we're talking about a limited resource here. Especially since the problems in the event sector have doubled since the corona pandemic. After the pandemic, everyone wanted to play concerts again as quickly as possible, which makes it an incredible challenge to even plan a tour like this.

The problem is known. However, not everyone can afford admission prices well beyond the hundred euro mark.

The production costs are really completely out of control. All trades, from the technical equipment to buses to the rents for the venues, cost prices well above the normal market value. People say, “Hey, if you don’t pay my price, no problem, someone else will.” That’s true even for service providers we’ve worked with for over 30 years. To answer your question: If we can save money, we pass it on to the fans. However, it is essential for us to at least cover our costs. If we had to pay extra and couldn't make any money at all, we wouldn't go on tour anymore.

This debate is not just about the already high regular prices, but also about so-called dynamic pricing. At New York's Madison Square Garden, remaining tickets for a Pearl Jam show cost up to $2,000 at the time of this interview. Who should pay for that?

The secondary market plays a large part in this development, and that is the real problem. In my opinion, this price development has very little to do with Ticketmaster or the artists; it is mainly due to the complete proliferation on these secondary markets.

Because people have become accustomed to inflated prices through intermediaries like Viagogo, did dynamic pricing even become conceivable?

Yes it is.

Shouldn't culture still remain a space for everyone - and not an exclusive pleasure for the wealthy from which more and more people are excluded?

I agree, you are right.

https://www.sueddeutsche.de/projekte/artikel/kultur/pearl-jam-eddie-vedder-interview-e105743/ (Paywall and in German)

• Options
    BenzBenz Posts: 117
    axeljohan said:
    Ed gave an interview to Süddeutsche Zeitung, one of the most respected newspapers in Germany. Great interview, he was pressed about ticket prices (translated via google)

https://www.sueddeutsche.de/projekte/artikel/kultur/pearl-jam-eddie-vedder-interview-e105743/ (Paywall and in German)

Do you know if that is in todays print version as well or tomorrows? Or only digital?
  • Options
    Benz said:
    axeljohan said:

Do you know if that is in todays print version as well or tomorrows? Or only digital?
    Will be in the print version on Wednesday. 
  • Options
    BenzBenz Posts: 117
    axeljohan said:
    Benz said:
    axeljohan said:

Will be in the print version on Wednesday. 
    Awesome thank you!