Options

Exclusive PJ listening party West Hollywood 1.31.24 - Confirmed DARK MATTER and wish I was there

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,166
    dwjmu84 said:
    Relax everyone. I think what he's trying to say is that he's simply dying to hear the new stuff, as we all are.  Obviously we all respect the right of PJ to do as they see fit, but that doesn't mean we can't wonder, question, think critically, etc about the way they operate (as long as in a respectful manner).  After all, the guys would be the first people championing such a concept, and if you do not believe that to be true, you haven't been listening for 30 yrs.

Do I wish they would do something new, bold, and out of character? yes. Will my life go on just fine if not? certainly so.

Our frustration is almost always the product of our love for the music. Keep that in mind and we can all get along :)
    But he didn't say "I'm dying to hear this" he put a guilt trip out like the band is supposed to personally invite each one of us to listen to a new album before anyone else. Give me a fucking break.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    dwjmu84 said:
    Relax everyone. I think what he's trying to say is that he's simply dying to hear the new stuff, as we all are.  Obviously we all respect the right of PJ to do as they see fit, but that doesn't mean we can't wonder, question, think critically, etc about the way they operate (as long as in a respectful manner).  After all, the guys would be the first people championing such a concept, and if you do not believe that to be true, you haven't been listening for 30 yrs.

Do I wish they would do something new, bold, and out of character? yes. Will my life go on just fine if not? certainly so.

Our frustration is almost always the product of our love for the music. Keep that in mind and we can all get along :)
    But he didn't say "I'm dying to hear this" he put a guilt trip out like the band is supposed to personally invite each one of us to listen to a new album before anyone else. Give me a fucking break.
    I know right? Who the hell does he think we are, Kenny G?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    spankyMPspankyMP NY to NC to NH Posts: 1,350
    dwjmu84 said:
    on2legs said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    on2legs said:
    dwjmu84 said:

He's taking it too personally.  The general public wasn't even supposed to know about this party.  This was an industry event.  It's not a bunch of "entitled elitists" publicly rubbing everyone's nose in the fact that they weren't able to attend.
    Yes and no. Not meant for the public sure, but a tad naive to think stuff would not leak out. They def know, and that’s ok. I bet something will happen soon, but you can’t admonish people for being eager. 

No one admonished him.
    I feel like collectively that's what happened.  This board has a huge problem with allowing people to express different opinions without the collective "wisdom" checking them.  Def don't see that over at RM, thankfully.

Anyway, we will see what next week brings.  

At least I can go back to my Van Halen binge now without the distraction of new PJ.
    After re-reading every response to him, he clearly was not admonished and there is no need to revisit the not allowing differing opinions or collective wisdom gripe today.
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,583
    dwjmu84 said:
    on2legs said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    on2legs said:
    dwjmu84 said:

He's taking it too personally.  The general public wasn't even supposed to know about this party.  This was an industry event.  It's not a bunch of "entitled elitists" publicly rubbing everyone's nose in the fact that they weren't able to attend.
    Yes and no. Not meant for the public sure, but a tad naive to think stuff would not leak out. They def know, and that’s ok. I bet something will happen soon, but you can’t admonish people for being eager. 

No one admonished him.
    I feel like collectively that's what happened.  This board has a huge problem with allowing people to express different opinions without the collective "wisdom" checking them.  Def don't see that over at RM, thankfully.

At least I can go back to my Van Halen binge now without the distraction of new PJ.

I think you're exaggerating the "wisdom" checking.  It's a discussion board - people post opinions and other people react to them.  But we can disagree - it's cool.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,739
    on2legs said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    on2legs said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    on2legs said:
    dwjmu84 said:

No one admonished him.

I think you're exaggerating the "wisdom" checking.  It's a discussion board - people post opinions and other people react to them.  But we can disagree - it's cool.
    They also kicked it off by asking a question. I took that as an invite. 
  • Options
    spankyMPspankyMP NY to NC to NH Posts: 1,350
    on2legs said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    on2legs said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    on2legs said:
    dwjmu84 said:

No one admonished him.

Right, the hammer only came out yesterday due to name calling.
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,052
    my_wave said:
    Anyone else kinda depressed that people (mostly entitled elitists/etc)... have heard the entire album and we haven't gotten anything, not a single, name of the first single, album title, release date, artwork, (nothing official for any of the above anyways) literally nothing, almost like they don't care, not that they have too, but it's kinda depressing knowing people have heard it and hardcore fans are just sitting here waiting knowing there's a finished album people have already heard... I'd be more hyped if there was even just an official announcement to the fans, but there's nothing... and I'm holding off on listening to the 'bootleg'... I guess I'm old school and prefer to hear the official release,... life is hard for a lot of people right now and feeling like your favorite band doesn't care kinda sucks, maybe I'm just having a bad day... or maybe it's just me, but for me it's depressing... sure I'll delete this when we hear something,... 

the waiting drove me mad...
    torture follows reward follows torture...
    No. It’s not like waiting for vs to drop in 1993.  Listen to one of their studio albums or bootlegs to pass the time.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    dwjmu84dwjmu84 Posts: 365
    dwjmu84 said:

You might want to go take a nap. You seem really upset by such a trivial thing...
  • Options
    spankyMP said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    on2legs said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    on2legs said:
    dwjmu84 said:

No one admonished him.

After re-reading every response to him, he clearly was not admonished and there is no need to revisit the not allowing differing opinions or collective wisdom gripe today.
    I think there was an implicit "check yourself buddy" there. You can certainly not agree and that's ok.  That said, people really seem to have a "fall in line" attitude around here. Honestly, even if he said the new album should be delivered today to his doorstep and he's OWED it, there's a tactful way to respond/disagree rather than "he's taking it too personally" which is really just a throw-away statement.

In any event, I hope well all get what we want very soon. Cheers.
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 574
    for a band that's been around over 30 years you'd think fans would learn what a listening party was lol. We'll be getting album/single news within the next two weeks. be excited! 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,451
    A friend was able to snag me a t-shirt and pin from the listening party....can't wait to get them!
  • Options
    edited February 2
    Folks, instead of all this bickering, I would encourage each of you to just relax. Go grab a frosty beverage of your choice...and zone out to some Kenny G to pass the time.

May I recommend The Moment?

Released by Arista Records in 1996 and coming off the heels of his hugely successful Christmas album: Miracles: The Holiday Album, which my mother enjoyed immensely. She just loved it.

The Moment captures a G at his absolute PEAK. Highly recommend. You will not be disappointed. And before you know it, we will be swimming in Dark Matter...

God Speed.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 574
    I really thought you were quoting American Psycho for a second
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    Folks, instead of all this bickering, I would encourage each of you to just relax. Go grab a frosty beverage of your choice...and zone out to some Kenny G to pass the time.

May I recommend The Moment?

Released by Arista Records in 1996 and coming off the heels of his hugely successful Christmas album: Miracles: The Holiday Album, which my mother enjoyed immensely. She just loved it.

The Moment captures a G at his absolute PEAK. Highly recommend. You will not be disappointed. And before you know it, we will be swimming in Dark Matter...

God Speed.

quality post right here.   

Patrick Bateman Glasses Gif Collection Cheapest  wwwkskidscom

• Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,607
    I think a teaser next week, single on Friday or the 10th.
  • Options
    estarr31 said:
    I really thought you were quoting American Psycho for a second
    The sweet sax sounds just ooze off Kenny's lips. It's a listening experience like none other. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,123
    dwjmu84 said:
    dwjmu84 said:

You might want to go take a nap. You seem really upset by such a trivial thing...
    nice, you're really inviting quality discourse (which you keep bitching about) with this kind of post. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Hoagie BreathHoagie Breath Philly Yo Posts: 109

'92 Philly 04.10
    '94 Boston 04.10 
    '95 DC 01.15 
    '96 Columbia 09.24, NYC 09.29, Hartford 10.02
    '98 DC 06.14, Camden 08.28, Camden 08.29, E. Rutherford 09.08, NYC 09.10, NYC 09.11, Hartford 09.13, Columbia 09.18
    '00 Camden 09.01, Camden 09.02, Columbia 09.04
    '03 Philly 04.23, Camden 07.05, Camden 07.06, NYC 07.09, Hershey 07.12, Holmdel 07.14
    '04 Reading 10.01, DC 10.11
    '05 AC 09.30, AC 10.01, Philly 10.03, Chicago 10.05
    '06 NYC 05.05, Camden 05.27, Camden 05.28, DC 05.30, E. Rutherford 06.03
    '08 Camden 06.19, Camden 06.20, DC 06.22, NYC 06.24, NYC 06.25
    '09 Philly 10.27, Philly 10.28, Philly 10.30, Philly 10.31
    '10 Hartford 05.15, Newark 05.18, NYC 05.20, NYC 05.21
    '12 Philly 09.02
    '13 Philly 10.21, Philly 10.22
    '16 Philly 04.28, Philly 04.29
    '18 Boston 09.02
    '21 Asbury Park 09.18
    '22 Camden 09.14

• Options
    dwjmu84 said:
    dwjmu84 said:

nice, you're really inviting quality discourse (which you keep bitching about) with this kind of post. 
    “Give me a f**king break”.

Is that what you call healthy discourse?

that’s rich. 
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,513
    How long have we all been here? The record will come out later than we all want, the tour dates will take even longer to be announced. This is the band we love.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,916
    Loujoe said:
    psst a fresh pressed? 

• Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 655
    Kwieneke said:
    Kwieneke said:
    kmcmanus said:

looks almost identical to Earthling, at least according to my memory
    Earthling Eddie Vedder album - Wikipedia
    The vibe I’ve always got with this cover - “The name’s Vedder… Eddie Vedder”.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,448
    matt84 said:
    Kwieneke said:
    Kwieneke said:
    kmcmanus said:

looks almost identical to Earthling, at least according to my memory
    Earthling Eddie Vedder album - Wikipedia
    The vibe I’ve always got with this cover - “The name’s Vedder… Eddie Vedder”.

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,260
    Psst. Shut it :/

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,583
    dwjmu84 said:
    spankyMP said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    on2legs said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    on2legs said:
    dwjmu84 said:

No one admonished him.

I think there was an implicit "check yourself buddy" there. You can certainly not agree and that's ok.  That said, people really seem to have a "fall in line" attitude around here. Honestly, even if he said the new album should be delivered today to his doorstep and he's OWED it, there's a tactful way to respond/disagree rather than "he's taking it too personally" which is really just a throw-away statement.

There's something ironic about you posting about allowing people to express their opinion while simultaneously slamming everyone else's opinion. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    spankyMP said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    on2legs said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    on2legs said:
    dwjmu84 said:

No one admonished him.

There's something ironic about you posting about allowing people to express their opinion while simultaneously slamming everyone else's opinion. 
    I don’t know how I could make it any clearer
    for you. I’ve not once slammed another’s opinion. I’ve slammed the way people treat others here. 

The distinction is quite obvious after even a cursory review of my posts. I’ve always said, feel free to think how you do but the vitriol on this board is disgusting. It’s a way more respectful environment over at RM. maybe you should peruse it as an example of how to comport one’s self. 

That’s all I have as far as this is concerned. EOC. 
  • Options
    This reminds me of that SNL sketch with Will Ferrell when the teleprompter goes out. Classic. 
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 630

😂 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,448
    We have another week and a half of this
  • Options

😂 

😂 
    The order of the hand will rule!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc0FeUMQIA4
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America