Options

Exclusive PJ listening party West Hollywood 1.31.24 - Confirmed DARK MATTER and wish I was there

Comments

• Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 630
    Someone probably has tentative plans for the band based on general guidelines/input, but not sure how much individual members get involved with the intricacies of farther out plans. 
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,820
    Wild ass guess is that wrapping up the Gigaton Tour's 2023 dates, was the main contributor in sitting on the album for a year.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    100 Pacer said:
    Lizard said:
    tldr
    what is tldr?  the last damn record?
    Too long didn’t read
    Thank you.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,520
    Saturday newsletter tease/instrumental

listen carefully around superbowl… could have something, maybe like river cross did

all just guesses on my part 
  • Options
    MarieowMarieow San Francisco Posts: 75
    pjl44 said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    This whole album release approach is so antiquated and dumb. This band operates like it's still the 90's. Nobody outside of the core pearl jam fan base actually gives a fuck whether this thing is released today, tomorrow, or released so that that it perfectly lines up with a solar eclipse. If Dark Matter or whatever this thing is called, truly is the bands best work...then just release the fucking album already !!. Announce the tour and get on with it!! Delaying this release is just a stupid cock tease that serves no purpose other than to get a handful of remaining pearl jam fans anxious; fans that will buy this album and love it regardless. If it's good enough to pick up a few new fans...great! But does it really matter when it's released?  Why sit on it for a year like Jeff said? I don't get it. Even if this thing is better than TEN & VS & Sgt. Pepper's it won't matter...It will get chewed up, spit out and forgotten about in a week. It's just the way things are today. Sitting on it for a year and delaying the release makes it seem more like the band is unsure of it...rather than proud of it.   

We all could use a gentle paw now and then. Or constantly. 
    San Jose, California (October 30, 1993), San Francisco, California (June 24, 1995), San Jose, California (November 04, 1995), Mountain View, California (October 30, 1999), Mountain View, California (October 31, 2000), Mountain View, California (October 20, 2001), Mountain View, California (October 21, 2001), Mountain View, California (June 01, 2003),San Diego, California (June 05, 2003), Mountain View, California (October 25, 2003), Mountain View, California (October 26, 2003), Kissimmee, Florida (October 08, 2004), San Francisco, California (July 15, 2006), San Francisco, California (July 16, 2006), San Francisco, California (July 18, 2006),  Mountain View, California (October 21, 2006), Mountain View, California (October 22, 2006), San Francisco, California (August 28, 2009), Mountain View, California (October 23, 2010), Mountain View, California (October 24, 2010), Vancouver, British Columbia (September 25, 2011), Oakland, CA (November 26, 2013), Mountain View, CA (October 25, 2014), Mountain View, CA (October 26, 2014), Chicago Night 1 (August 18, 2018), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Ohana Festival (September 25, 2021), Ohana Festival (September 26, 2021), Ohana Festival Encore Weekend (October 01, 2021), Ohana Festival Encore Weekend (October 02, 2021), Los Angeles (May 07, 2022), Oakland (May 12, 2022), Oakland (May 13, 2022), Fresno (May 16, 2022), St Paul (August 31, 2023), St Paul (September 02, 2023), Chicago (September 05, 2023), Chicago (September 07, 2023), Ft Worth (September 13, 2023), Ft Worth (September 15, 2023), Austin (September 19, 2023), Austin (September 18, 2023)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,916
    CROJAM95 said:
    Saturday newsletter tease/instrumental

listen carefully around superbowl… could have something, maybe like river cross did

all just guesses on my part 

A Saturday newsletter new single tease would be great, especially it being the 10th of the month and all. 
  • Options
    MS149515MS149515 Chicago Posts: 185
    It’s like seeing kids fight on Christmas eve. 

Like, this is the day that no one needs to fight and bicker. We’ll soon get gifts and candycanes. 
    I can't take this comment seriously when you created a daily post in Dec 2022 pouting and stamping your feet because the 10 Days of PJ Vinyl contest was open only to USA residents. 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    MS149515 said:
    It’s like seeing kids fight on Christmas eve. 

Like, this is the day that no one needs to fight and bicker. We’ll soon get gifts and candycanes. 
    I can't take this comment seriously when you created a daily post in Dec 2022 pouting and stamping your feet because the 10 Days of PJ Vinyl contest was open only to USA residents. 
    I know right? Isn't he the guy who made a thread about Kenny G, too? Ridiculous...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,401
    Wild ass guess is that wrapping up the Gigaton Tour's 2023 dates, was the main contributor in sitting on the album for a year.
    That and getting it pressed on vinyl.  Doesn't it take close to a year to get something put on vinyl these days?  If you want vinyl to be ready for release day you would have to have ordered it long ago.   I think this is one of the many reasons Metallica bought their own pressing plant so they don't have to deal with the lag time.

There was that period of time where bands weren't doing that and they're like our album comes out this day, but if you want it on vinyl, we'll send it to you in 6 months! :)
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    Zod said:
    That and getting it pressed on vinyl.  Doesn't it take close to a year to get something put on vinyl these days?  If you want vinyl to be ready for release day you would have to have ordered it long ago.   I think this is one of the many reasons Metallica bought their own pressing plant so they don't have to deal with the lag time.

There was that period of time where bands weren't doing that and they're like our album comes out this day, but if you want it on vinyl, we'll send it to you in 6 months! :)
    Definitely agree it was to finish the Gigaton tour. 
    I could be way wrong too, but doesn’t Jack White own a plant too, and doesn’t PJ use that? Or have in the past. I could be getting different stories and bands mixed up. 
  • Options
    MM70435MM70435 Posts: 263
    mcgruff10 said:
    my_wave said:
    Anyone else kinda depressed that people (mostly entitled elitists/etc)... have heard the entire album and we haven't gotten anything, not a single, name of the first single, album title, release date, artwork, (nothing official for any of the above anyways) literally nothing, almost like they don't care, not that they have too, but it's kinda depressing knowing people have heard it and hardcore fans are just sitting here waiting knowing there's a finished album people have already heard... I'd be more hyped if there was even just an official announcement to the fans, but there's nothing... and I'm holding off on listening to the 'bootleg'... I guess I'm old school and prefer to hear the official release,... life is hard for a lot of people right now and feeling like your favorite band doesn't care kinda sucks, maybe I'm just having a bad day... or maybe it's just me, but for me it's depressing... sure I'll delete this when we hear something,... 

the waiting drove me mad...
    torture follows reward follows torture...
    No. It’s not like waiting for vs to drop in 1993.  Listen to one of their studio albums or bootlegs to pass the time.  
    Did albums "drop" back in 1993?  It seems like everything used to be "released" and then all of a sudden maybe 10 or so years ago the term "released" was replaced with "dropped".
    00 - Atlanta                                            10 - MSG I&II    
    03 - Birmingham, Atlanta                       22 - L̶a̶s̶ ̶V̶e̶g̶a̶s̶, Camden, Nashville   
    04 - Asheville, Kissimmee                     23 -  Ft Worth II                                                                                
    08 - Tampa, Columbia                           24 -  Philadelphia I&II, Baltimore
    09 - Atlanta I&II (EV)
                    " if hope could grow from dirt like me. It can be done.
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,580
    MM70435 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my_wave said:
    Anyone else kinda depressed that people (mostly entitled elitists/etc)... have heard the entire album and we haven't gotten anything, not a single, name of the first single, album title, release date, artwork, (nothing official for any of the above anyways) literally nothing, almost like they don't care, not that they have too, but it's kinda depressing knowing people have heard it and hardcore fans are just sitting here waiting knowing there's a finished album people have already heard... I'd be more hyped if there was even just an official announcement to the fans, but there's nothing... and I'm holding off on listening to the 'bootleg'... I guess I'm old school and prefer to hear the official release,... life is hard for a lot of people right now and feeling like your favorite band doesn't care kinda sucks, maybe I'm just having a bad day... or maybe it's just me, but for me it's depressing... sure I'll delete this when we hear something,... 

the waiting drove me mad...
    torture follows reward follows torture...
    No. It’s not like waiting for vs to drop in 1993.  Listen to one of their studio albums or bootlegs to pass the time.  
    Did albums "drop" back in 1993?  It seems like everything used to be "released" and then all of a sudden maybe 10 or so years ago the term "released" was replaced with "dropped".
    I wondered the same. I feel like "dropping" an album became a term with streaming services and popular music. I know there's more logic to it than my inkling, but I also remember "releasing albums" to be the phrasing.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2,

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,123
    album listening parties are totally normal for bands. it's like a wrap party once a movie is completed shooting,  just like we often have at our own jobs. people go out for beers to celebrate a completed project. this isn't rocket science. all industries do this type of thing. the band isn't doing any "cock tease" to their hardcore fans. they likely couldn't give a rip if the fans found out about it or not. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,768
    album listening parties are totally normal for bands. it's like a wrap party once a movie is completed shooting,  just like we often have at our own jobs. people go out for beers to celebrate a completed project. this isn't rocket science. all industries do this type of thing. the band isn't doing any "cock tease" to their hardcore fans. they likely couldn't give a rip if the fans found out about it or not. 
    This is exactly what I felt
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Folks....the new single appears to be imminent...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,032
    define imminent  =)
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,583
    The new single is… forthcoming.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    FlavafrazFlavafraz Pennsylvania Posts: 412
    I feel like we been saying it’s coming for last two weeks 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,448
    Flavafraz said:
    I feel like we been saying it’s coming for last two weeks 
    That's technically edging
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 679
    We’re less than a week from 2/13, it’s possible it’s coming then with the announcement.
    but it would be amazing if it came sooner 
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,032
    The new single is ... almost here  =)
  • Options
    bmurray06bmurray06 Austin, Texas Posts: 143
    edited February 7
    Excellent point. Just like folks should take it with a grain of salt if they aren't invited to a soft opening of an upcoming restaurant. The reason these establishments have soft openings is to invite folks close to them for honest feedback and/or the right media folks are there to promote the food when the doors officially open. It's not a new concept at all. But it still happens too in a lot of industries to this day. 
    Post edited by bmurray06 on
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,968
    ^OK, thank you. I changed my thinking.  I was angry and projected it. Sorry!
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,142
    on2legs said:
    The new single is… forthcoming.  
    The new single from upcoming album is upcoming. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    just_one said:
    define imminent  =)
    Perhaps within days
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,298
    edited February 7
    My brother got to go to a listening party decades ago for Slaughter 😆 he was the manager of square circle record store at the time. I was supposed to be able to go and he said they changed to no extra guests and I cried . 
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,142
    bmurray06 said:
    Excellent point. Just like folks should take it with a grain of salt if they aren't invited to a soft opening of an upcoming restaurant. The reason these establishments have soft openings is to invite folks close to them for honest feedback and/or the right media folks are there to promote the food when the doors officially open. It's not a new concept at all. But it still happens to in a lot of industries to this day. 
    Of course, it happens often, but when it happens you have to make sure that no newspaper writes about it, that don't have too many people who could talk, as happened, and that there's no one at the back door recording everything.
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 679
    just_one said:
    define imminent  =)
    Perhaps within days
    The long-rumored announcement date is in 6 days so yeah probably within 6 days
  • Options
    kmcmanus said:
    just_one said:
    define imminent  =)
    Perhaps within days
    Yeah I know about the tour stuff next week. Rumor is the single comes out this week though...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,363
    kmcmanus said:
    just_one said:
    define imminent  =)
    Perhaps within days
    Yeah I know about the tour stuff next week. Rumor is the single comes out this week though...
    tell me more...
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted)