Pearl Jam Ruoff Music Center Postponement

Comments

• JD87070 said:
    Especially when Eddie is the host of the festival, i don’t see him leaving it to travel 2/3 of the way across the country.

... and I'm assuming he'll be on stage with the Foo Fighters at some point on Sunday.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,807
    edited September 2023

There’s your 1 PM update for the day!
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    I don't see Ed leaving his own festival early.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Whatever the case may be, an update 24 hours after the news would be welcomed by all having to decide about FW.  
    Yep. I am going to Fort Worth too. I am very on the fence, even if they end up playing. It isn't a cheap trip and although I know you should maybe not book plans to see them at a place you don't necessarily care about traveling to, I don't need to spend a bunch of money to go to Fort Worth for five days with no purpose. It would be really great for them to say if it is a go or not today.
  • JimmyV said:
    I don't see Ed leaving his own festival early.
    Obviously not 
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 964
    Ed is very involved in the day to day at Ohana. On the business side Id imagine he is doing meet and greets with local politicians, investors, ect daily. He probably "needs" to be there. It is a business after all. 
  • The Sleepy Bear post is interesting but that is asking a lot of Ed.

Personally I don’t see why they don’t do 9/24.  It’s the day after Farm Aid at the same venue.  Plenty of crossover potential to buy returned tickets.  

I would endorse this. 
    Not only that but I have a conflict on 10/1…
    I read, I think on FB, so take it for what it is worth,  that a Ruoff employee was told that the band had asked about 9/23 as a rescheduled date but Farm Aid is happening. It would have been my luck that they did that date because we are already committed to watching our grandkids while their parents are going to a wedding. 
  • setlist41 said:
    I was just getting ready to post this...

WEIRD...
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • if it's covid they wouldn't have said the next dates, starting 3 days later, are still a go. 

I agree with this. I hear the latest strain is mild, but when my husband and I got the "mild" kraken variant in February, I still had to take him to the ER and we both lost two weeks to sitting/ lying at home, recovering.

We  don't know what "it" is, and we don't know who is sick, and frankly, it's not any of our business, curious though we may be. Look at all the speculating now; imagine if we knew who had what and then everyone chimed in with their two cents about how Ed/Mike/Matt/Stone/Jeff should be handling things. This is a private band, we all know that.

I get the frustration. But the people on IG who are demanding to know the details, because after all, they bought concert and airplane tickets, they have a right to know who is sick: wow, so much entitlement. Your concert tickets don't buy you part ownership of Mike McCready. Our approach is: we don't put in for tickets in a city that we wouldn't be happy to spend time in were the show to be cancelled. We lived in Indianapolis years ago, and I don't know if a private house concert with Ed would be enough to make me ever go back there. To each their own, of course, but with all the travel chaos and an older band and our older selves, I am comfortable with this approach. 
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Jcanr20Jcanr20 Illinois Posts: 159
    Anyone fight the hotel refunds and get one?  The Wyndham folks are being quite un-customer servicey and dying on their sword of “wasn’t our problem, no refunds”.  

I booked through Expedia and I think they’ll side with the customer, we’ll see.  
    They refused to give me a refund.
  • KC138045KC138045 Posts: 2,716
    At this point just I wish they’d just reschedule it for next year or just cancel it and refund our money. We all have jobs and/or families to worry about and it’s not easy to make travel plans on short notice. I could possibly do a 9/24 make up date but no guarantees. 
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 888
    edited September 2023
    New tickets seem to be flooding the market now.  People must be worried more cancellations.  So unfortunate the band can't get through a 9 show tour.  Hope all is alright.  
  • Jcanr20 said:
    Anyone fight the hotel refunds and get one?  The Wyndham folks are being quite un-customer servicey and dying on their sword of “wasn’t our problem, no refunds”.  

I booked through Expedia and I think they’ll side with the customer, we’ll see.  
    They refused to give me a refund.
    Same here. I called from the road as soon as I got a notification that the show was postponed. They wouldn’t even consider it. 
  • vedpunk said:
    New tickets seem to be flooding the market now.  People must be worried more cancellations.  So unfortunate the band can't get through a 9 show tour.  Hope all is alright.  
    The problem is for people traveling. They are just betting on it won't happen or OK with the choice just in case. Then they are trying to sell their tickets. I am in that boat. I need to decide sometime today, or maybe tomorrow morning at the latest. Even if I have to eat the tickets, though, I would save a ton on traveling.

I know shows are in theory designed for the location they are booked, but so many people do travel. I wish they would make an announcement on if it is a go or not.
  • setlist41 said:

WEIRD...
    Well, Deaf Charlie (ft. J. Ament) is playing Ohana 10/1/23 as well.  These certainly seems to be incorrect.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Mr. Fixer said:
    setlist41 said:

WEIRD...
    Well, Deaf Charlie (ft. J. Ament) is playing Ohana 10/1/23 as well.  These certainly seems to be incorrect.
    Had totally forgotten about this part. Ed's fest and Jeff is booked. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Mr. Fixer said:
    setlist41 said:

WEIRD...
    yep...I missed that part

Doesn't seem logical anyway. Just odd that it is posted on there.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • WhoAreWeWhoAreWe Ottawa CAN Posts: 31
    Whatever the case may be, an update 24 hours after the news would be welcomed by all having to decide about FW.  
    Agreed. Keep hoping to get something more definitive before we fly out from Ottawa tomorrow. 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼
  • dugsmok said:
    If this is because someone tested positive for what is now a mild common illness I'll be quite pissed. I could totally see it from these guys. 600miles drive and $200 for a hotel room. No guarantee they will ever make it back. 
    If anyone was as sick as I was last week or my wife was in July from Covid there is no way they could perform. She was sicker than I've ever seen and I was down for the count for 3 days as well.
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• Waited 25 years for this show... I'll wait some more. Hope the PJ gets well soon! 
  • jwc6160jwc6160 Posts: 323
    MD190661 said:
    dugsmok said:
    If this is because someone tested positive for what is now a mild common illness I'll be quite pissed. I could totally see it from these guys. 600miles drive and $200 for a hotel room. No guarantee they will ever make it back. 
    If anyone was as sick as I was last week or my wife was in July from Covid there is no way they could perform. She was sicker than I've ever seen and I was down for the count for 3 days as well.
    yeah, it hammered me a few months ago. I could barely move and I rarely ever get sick at all, let alone can't get out of bed sick. No way a band member could be out there 2 plus hours with what I had. These pricks that say shit like this are just entitled assholes that would still complain after because "the band sounded like shit" if they took the stage sick. 
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

EV@ Innings Festival in AZ 2023
  • mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    edited September 2023
    Someone somewhat reputable in the PJ Community just posted on a Facebook Group that he ran into Ed's guitar Tech Simon on a flight to FTW... for what it's worth.  
    Post edited by mattsavard on
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • The US Food and Drug Administration on Monday gave the green light to updated Covid-19 vaccine booster shots from Moderna and Pfizer/BioNTech. The updated vaccines are each approved for people 12 and older and are authorized under emergency use for individuals 6 months through 11 years old. As part of the FDA’s update, the original bivalent Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 vaccines are no longer authorized for use in the United States.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,444
    edited September 2023
    vedpunk said:
    The shorter the tour, the more amplified a missed show is. If this was 35 dates or even just 20, one is almost expected for any big act at that point. 

But 9 to start and any dropped from that is wild. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,752
    jwc6160 said:
    MD190661 said:
    dugsmok said:
    yeah, it hammered me a few months ago. I could barely move and I rarely ever get sick at all, let alone can't get out of bed sick. No way a band member could be out there 2 plus hours with what I had. These pricks that say shit like this are just entitled assholes that would still complain after because "the band sounded like shit" if they took the stage sick. 
    People have a high tolerance for the pain of others.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • ComeToTX said:
    jwc6160 said:
    MD190661 said:
    dugsmok said:
    People have a high tolerance for the pain of others.
    Well said. 
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 888
    Someone somewhat reputable in the PJ Community just posted on a Facebook Group that he ran into Ed's guitar Tech Simon on a flight to FTW... for what it's worth.  
    I also saw him in an airport lounge in Prague last year and we all know how that ended. Fingers crossed though.
  • I’m not saying that 10/1 is for sure the makeup date, but for those stating it won’t happen because Eddie won’t leave Ohana, or Jeff plays Sunday don’t seem to take into account they had a last minute cancellation for a show that is going to be made up. They sold tickets and have an obligation to play the show, seems like a good enough reason to move Jeff’s side band to Friday at ohana and for Ed to leave ohana. 
  • CO278952CO278952 Posts: 1,346
    Speculation at a fever pitch here. No pun intended. Hoping for a quick recovery and to see PJ Monday and Tuesday!
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden 07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa 5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin 9.3.24 MSG 9.4.24 MSG Fenway 9.15.24 Fenway 9.17.24
  • I’m not saying that 10/1 is for sure the makeup date, but for those stating it won’t happen because Eddie won’t leave Ohana, or Jeff plays Sunday don’t seem to take into account they had a last minute cancellation for a show that is going to be made up. They sold tickets and have an obligation to play the show, seems like a good enough reason to move Jeff’s side band to Friday at ohana and for Ed to leave ohana. 
    I don't think a 10/1 makeup date will happen because it would mean retaining the entire touring crew for an extra 2 weeks after the tour was originally scheduled to end.
This discussion has been closed.