Pearl Jam Ruoff Music Center Postponement

Comments

• mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,332
    CO278952 said:
    mr bungle said:
    Couldn't Josh fill in for anyone except Eddie on any given night if needed?  Look at the lengths the band went to last year to keep the tour rolling!   They used Josh and just about every other drummer in their history behind the kit.  Wasn't untill the second member got sick that they pulled the plug.  Just thinking out loud here.
    Not what I signed up for 
    I hear you.  But i would take that over a postponement/cancelation.  especially if traveling.
  • I was 4,500 miles from home in London when the show got cancelled in 2018. Was gutted and all and all. 

But I calmed down reminding myself that traveling from afar to see your favorite band is a privilege and not a constitutional right. 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,152
    Surprised the thread hasn’t been closed now to be honest. Especially with everyone speculating. Not saying it should, but surprised it hasn’t. Especially if it’s dealing with a personal situation of a band member, crew or family member. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,321
    CO278952 said:
    mr bungle said:
    Couldn't Josh fill in for anyone except Eddie on any given night if needed?  Look at the lengths the band went to last year to keep the tour rolling!   They used Josh and just about every other drummer in their history behind the kit.  Wasn't untill the second member got sick that they pulled the plug.  Just thinking out loud here.
    Not what I signed up for 
    Josh told me in June that he knows the first five albums backwards and forwards but, after that, he is much less familiar with the material.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • mvwmvw Posts: 1,687
    vedpunk said:
    Insider source said it was definitely because of Billy Corgan.

• Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,807
    JimmyV said:
    Here come the conspiracy theories. Pj told you it was a serious illness. 
    Because no one ever has lied and called in “sick” before?  Happens all the time.  Not to say they are lying, but it’s totally reasonable to be suspicious and just not take their word at face value at this point, especially with the way the last few years have gone regarding communication
    These kinds of sick calls usually don't happen when people are in the middle of work trips, staying in hotels with coworkers, and with events scheduled before and after. This isn't a Friday before the long weekend or something. 
    Sure, and again, im not saying someone didn’t get sick.  I just think that people are entitled to their beliefs and conspiracies just as much as PJ is entitled to their privacy.  

When you start hearing things like the Lawn might have been oversold by 6k, that is a huge issue to need to cover up.  You can’t just cancel 6k 10c lawn tickets.  You also can’t tell Lawn pass holders that they all the sudden can’t go, because then they would demand refunds saying “PJ was the only reason I bought the pass!” Etc 

Easy fix?  Move the show to 2024, don’t include PJ when you sell the 2024 Lawn pass, and pray no one knows any better and believes someone was just “sick” 

Its possible, that’s all I’m saying 
    We think you’re wrong. 
    You’re right, I could be 
    I’m not trying to give you a hard time but wouldn’t they  just say a safety issue if the venue over sold the place? It’s an illness, I believe them. It’s not good to make stuff up IMO. Maybe Eddie is sick of the doom and gloom complainers on the fan club site or maybe he wanted to watch Sunday night football. To make stuff up is really a waste of time. 
    All good, no hard feelings.  Just having a conversation.  
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • mr bungle said:
    Couldn't Josh fill in for anyone except Eddie on any given night if needed?  Look at the lengths the band went to last year to keep the tour rolling!   They used Josh and just about every other drummer in there history behind the kit.  Wasn't untill the second member got sick that they pulled the plug.  Just thinking out loud here.
    I think MC and Boom are the only ones they could go on without. And I don't mean that as an insult to either of them, just the nature of band logistics.
  • Last year we knew there was a problem with Ed’s voice.  Before that we knew bandmembers had Covid.  Interesting that we know nothing this time. Could be a different member who doesn’t feel comfortable sharing their medical information.  But the lack of info will naturally lead to speculation and even conspiracy theories.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Hurls15 said:
    I hope whoever is ill recovers and does so hopefully as soon as possible.  It  definitely sucks for those impacted by the cancellation. Lost money and lost opportunity.

However, in situations like this we all need to take a step back and have some perspective.  Especially on this day on the calendar. 
    Well said!
  • The Sleepy Bear post is interesting but that is asking a lot of Ed.

Personally I don’t see why they don’t do 9/24.  It’s the day after Farm Aid at the same venue.  Plenty of crossover potential to buy returned tickets.  

I would endorse this. 
    Not only that but I have a conflict on 10/1…
    I read, I think on FB, so take it for what it is worth,  that a Ruoff employee was told that the band had asked about 9/23 as a rescheduled date but Farm Aid is happening. It would have been my luck that they did that date because we are already committed to watching our grandkids while their parents are going to a wedding. 

For some reason I read this and heard in my head: My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl who saw Eddie pass-out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it’s pretty serious.:sick:

;)
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • We were doing all 9 shows. I’ve been sick since Thursday night but have tested negative multiple times. I’ll be 100% masked up on tomorrow’s flight and all the shows. Being sick sucks. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • We were doing all 9 shows. I’ve been sick since Thursday night but have tested negative multiple times. I’ll be 100% masked up on tomorrow’s flight and all the shows. Being sick sucks. 
    If you are sick, stay home. It’s common sense. 
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,406
    We were doing all 9 shows. I’ve been sick since Thursday night but have tested negative multiple times. I’ll be 100% masked up on tomorrow’s flight and all the shows. Being sick sucks. 
    Thank you for masking. Are you swabbing your mouth and nose on the same swab and dunking it in the solution? Due to poor public health communications, many aren't aware that swabbing the inside of your mouth - tongue, inside cheeks, throat - and your nose is more likely to produce an accurate test result. I'm hoping you're not positive. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and safe travels.
  • There is no way this was canceled because of 6000 oversold tickets. The venue would have taken it on the chin and refunded those that showed up. I’m sure they would have sent out an email saying not to show up. Why on earth would Pearl Jam take the hit for the venue? They wouldn’t.
  • I drove from Columbus Ohio and found out not long after I arrived. Hopefully they can reschedule and people can get the same seats etc...

I wonder if there is any chance they will sell any remaining copies of the show poster (if they have any) on the website?  I would love to get one, my friend who came with me wanted one really bad but the line was too long and we were unable to stand out in the hot sun for that long.
    George

Toledo, OH 1996 | Cuyahoga Falls, OH 1998 | Columbus, OH 2000,2003,2010 | Cleveland, OH 2003,2010 | Kitchener, London, Hamilton, ON 2005 | Pittsburgh 2013 | Cincinnati, OH 2006, 2014 | Lexington, KY 2016 | Indianapolis, IN 2023 (POSTPONED)
  • BF89905 said:
    We were doing all 9 shows. I’ve been sick since Thursday night but have tested negative multiple times. I’ll be 100% masked up on tomorrow’s flight and all the shows. Being sick sucks. 
    Thank you for masking. Are you swabbing your mouth and nose on the same swab and dunking it in the solution? Due to poor public health communications, many aren't aware that swabbing the inside of your mouth - tongue, inside cheeks, throat - and your nose is more likely to produce an accurate test result. I'm hoping you're not positive. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and safe travels.
    I didn’t know that. Thanks! I’m basically 100% now. Finally got my appetite back today. I never had the other unique COVID symptoms either. I’ll do one now anyways. 
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Add 2 more to the count.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • The Sleepy Bear post is interesting but that is asking a lot of Ed.

Personally I don’t see why they don’t do 9/24.  It’s the day after Farm Aid at the same venue.  Plenty of crossover potential to buy returned tickets.  

I would endorse this. 
    Not only that but I have a conflict on 10/1…
    I read, I think on FB, so take it for what it is worth,  that a Ruoff employee was told that the band had asked about 9/23 as a rescheduled date but Farm Aid is happening. It would have been my luck that they did that date because we are already committed to watching our grandkids while their parents are going to a wedding. 

For some reason I read this and heard in my head: My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl who saw Eddie pass-out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it’s pretty serious.:sick:

;)
    Yeah, I took it with a grain of salt. 
  • cifrancgx said:
    I drove from Columbus Ohio and found out not long after I arrived. Hopefully they can reschedule and people can get the same seats etc...

I wonder if there is any chance they will sell any remaining copies of the show poster (if they have any) on the website?  I would love to get one, my friend who came with me wanted one really bad but the line was too long and we were unable to stand out in the hot sun for that long.
    I don’t see why seat locations would change when the statement said the tickets that people have are still valid when rescheduled?
  • cifrancgx said:
    I drove from Columbus Ohio and found out not long after I arrived. Hopefully they can reschedule and people can get the same seats etc...

I don’t see why seat locations would change when the statement said the tickets that people have are still valid when rescheduled?
    Exactly,  when the 2020 shows were postponed we kept our seats when the dates were rescheduled. 
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    cifrancgx said:

Exactly,  when the 2020 shows were postponed we kept our seats when the dates were rescheduled. 
    We should have been moved closer, though. 
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Summersas79Summersas79 Posts: 89
    edited September 2023
    OK, so all I wanna know is EXACTLYY WHO is sick an with WHAT? I'm not complaining am just scared an worried. Cus if it were Mike, Jeff, Stone or even Matt, they could've got someone to cover. The ONLY person in the whole band that can't be covered is Ed. Which makes me worry most. Sending all the love, health energy an vitality that I can muster to whoever is sick (cus I could be wrong but, I sincerely doubt it). Please tell us who specifically asap an what's wrong so we can focus our energies on healing them specifically. An protecting the rest. Thanks. 🥰

P.s. Apologies to the PJ Forum, have been away for a while dealing with life an shizzle. Am here now an I sincerely doubt anyone noticed my absence, but just in case. Am so happy to be back. ❤️
    Post edited by Summersas79 on
  • mvwmvw Posts: 1,687
    OK, so all I wanna know is EXACTLYY WHO is sick an with WHAT? I'm not complaining am just scared an worried. Cus if it were Mike, Jeff, Stone or even Matt, they could've got someone to cover. The ONLY person in the whole band that can't be covered is Ed. Which makes me worry most. Sending all the love, health energy an vitality that I can muster to whoever is sick (cus I could be wrong but, I sincerely doubt it). Please tell us who specifically asap an what's wrong so we can focus our energies on healing them specifically. An protecting the rest. Thanks. 🥰

P.s. Apologies to the PJ Forum, have been away for a while dealing with life an shizzle. Am here now an I sincerely doubt anyone noticed my absence, but just in case. Am so happy to be back. ❤️
    Good to have you back!
  • Spurs14Spurs14 Buffalo Grove, IL Posts: 252
    It's Pearl Jam, not Eddie Vedder and friends.  I want to see and hear Ed, Jeff, Stone, Mike, and Matt or I'd be massively disappointed.
    Apologies to Boom and Josh.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Aerosmith and Aaron Rodgers both postponed tours tonight. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JimmyV said:
    Aerosmith.... he blew out his voice and tour just started. 
    Rodgers..... good riddance 
  • CO278952CO278952 Posts: 1,346
    Spurs14 said:
    It's Pearl Jam, not Eddie Vedder and friends.  I want to see and hear Ed, Jeff, Stone, Mike, and Matt or I'd be massively disappointed.
    Apologies to Boom and Josh.
    Same here man!  
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden 07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa 5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin 9.3.24 MSG 9.4.24 MSG Fenway 9.15.24 Fenway 9.17.24
  • JimmyV said:
     Nailed it. 
  • JimmyV said:
    Glad I saw Steven on Wednesday. Good show but only went because it was the second show of the tour.
  • Not sure if anyone else has said this but the level of entitlement displayed in this thread is off the fucking charts. The band owes you nothing more than a good faith effort to play the gigs they said they were going to play. They do that. Before COVID, there was no expectation that one would try to avoid getting sick. Shit happens. If in 2005 Eddie had gotten the flu and couldn't perform because his voice was fucked up, y'all wouldn't have batted an eye that he'd been visiting his *childhood home* and mingling about with *other people*. They're humans, and they're allowed to do human things while on tour. 
This discussion has been closed.