Pearl Jam Ruoff Music Center Postponement

Comments

• wooderson said:
    I’m curious, how were others notified of the postponement? I received nothing. My buddy and I drove up from Lexington, KY, went to the Colts vs Jags game, and then drove to Ruoff. We didn’t know until we got to Ruoff and saw the billboard. I didn’t get a notification from Ticketmaster or the Fan Club. 
    No notification.   But the venue can call out clutch sizes
    yet I think I got a text from TM regarding upgrades as late and this morning, and the venue did do a robo call Friday regarding venue infomation!
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,807
    The Holiday Inn Express next to venue dropped those who stayed to their base rate of $129 after the cancellation - cool move by them
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • The Holiday Inn Express next to venue dropped those who stayed to their base rate of $129 after the cancellation - cool move by them
    How did you find this out because I’m actually staying there? 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,807
    edited September 2023
    The Holiday Inn Express next to venue dropped those who stayed to their base rate of $129 after the cancellation - cool move by them
    I checked in around 3 and front desk offered it to me and said they were dropping everyone to that rate - I’d ask them
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • The Holiday Inn Express next to venue dropped those who stayed to their base rate of $129 after the cancellation - cool move by them
    I checked in around 3 and front desk offered it to me and said they were dropping everyone to that rate - I’d ask them
    Appreciate this info!
  • 5 hours before doors. Awesome job on notification
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    edited September 2023
    Big bummer but thankfully we had not checked into our hotel yet when I saw the news and we got out of our hotel without harm (we were at Staybridge Suites, and they cancelled our booking without any fees. They said they would do this for all affected). It finally paid off to be on social media a lot  :D I hope the guys will be ok and the show will be rescheduled soon.
  •  I remember the Chicks had this happen last year in June.  Played 6-7 songs into their show and had to quit because of vocal issues.  They rescheduled to September of same year, after official last Ruoff show.  Hopefully Pearl Jam can do this.  Ruoff's last show is 9-29...but I think Ohana is that weekend.  Maybe Ruoff/Live Nation/whoever  can get them in to play first Friday or Saturday in October.  Weather is usually still nice in central indiana.  take care all!
  • Until any rescheduled date comes from the band, nobody knows for sure.

1) The band attempts to reschedule the show for after Texas. Take the emotion out of it. Doesn't this make sense? There's about 10 days between Texas and Ohana. This is all sorts of possible, right?

2) The band attempts to reschedule for 2024. This is also possible.

Once again, until it comes from the band, nobody knows for sure. I highly doubt one person at a venue was authorized to announce anything via social media and not via the venue's website.
    It won't be after texas. Weather is too unreliable in the fall for outdoor venue in this part of the country. Just a logistical nightmare and risk.

It's possible but highly iimprobable. The risk vs Reward doesn't add up.

They also know not all fans can turnaround and book last minute flights / hotels to come back. They would have to fire sale half the tickets at 50% off or more.
    The venue has shows until at least late September.

I think the bigger concern is the road crew. A lot of them may be contracted for other acts.

As far as fans traveling? That didn't stop them in 2018.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • edited September 2023
    This is much more understandable compared  to what ed Sheeran pulled  in Las Vegas on the weekend. Also what Lionel Richie pulled earlier as well. Sorry to those who had hoped to see pj.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/ed-sheeran-postpones-las-vegas-show-technical-issues-1234821714/amp/

https://people.com/lionel-richie-apologies-for-madison-square-garden-concert-cancellation-tried-to-bribe-pilot-7643891
    Post edited by LeafsJaysCubsRaptorsFan on
  • DragonsAfter3or4DragonsAfter3or4 Bluegrass Posts: 332
     I remember the Chicks had this happen last year in June.  Played 6-7 songs into their show and had to quit because of vocal issues.  They rescheduled to September of same year, after official last Ruoff show.  Hopefully Pearl Jam can do this.  Ruoff's last show is 9-29...but I think Ohana is that weekend.  Maybe Ruoff/Live Nation/whoever  can get them in to play first Friday or Saturday in October.  Weather is usually still nice in central indiana.  take care all!
    One or two people posted screenshots of communication from Ruoff. Ruoff clearly said 2024 in the communication.
  • This is much more understandable compared  to what ed Sheeran pulled  in Las Vegas on the weekend. Also what Lionel Richie pulled earlier as well. Sorry to those who had hoped to see pj 

Look up what Ozzy did in Columbus back around 1997. He had that Ozzfest thing and canceled apparently right before he was supposed to go on.

People started rioting, flipping cars, lighting stuff on fire...it was a mess.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  •  I remember the Chicks had this happen last year in June.  Played 6-7 songs into their show and had to quit because of vocal issues.  They rescheduled to September of same year, after official last Ruoff show.  Hopefully Pearl Jam can do this.  Ruoff's last show is 9-29...but I think Ohana is that weekend.  Maybe Ruoff/Live Nation/whoever  can get them in to play first Friday or Saturday in October.  Weather is usually still nice in central indiana.  take care all!
    One or two people posted screenshots of communication from Ruoff. Ruoff clearly said 2024 in the communication.

I do think it's a bit odd the band didn't say that.

Let's see what happens this week.
  • DragonsAfter3or4DragonsAfter3or4 Bluegrass Posts: 332
    We need a real live "odds tracker" going forward on the PJ website for a show taking place:)
    At this rate, I wonder if we can place bets if shows take place on like DraftKings? Maybe over/under on postponements and cancellations?
    Over/Under when announcement of postponed show takes place? 
    Be fun! LFG!!!
  • So Chicago 2, and they played Come Back and now I am wondering if they’ll ever make up Deer Creek, so I am thinking to myself ….come back! I’ll be here! Come back! I’ll be here. 
  • MM1424 said:
    5 hours before doors. Awesome job on notification

MM1424 said:
    It's gonna be ok. I promise. Do you tell everyone when you disapprove of the timeliness of another humans illness?

"A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • So Chicago 2, and they played Come Back and now I am wondering if they’ll ever make up Deer Creek, so I am thinking to myself ….come back! I’ll be here! Come back! I’ll be here. 
    Will see.  Would love to understand the contracts and why some shows get cancelled and others postponed.  May just come down to the fact that they know they are touring next year.  Vegas would have fit perfectly this year though.  Who knows.
  • Bummed about the postponement and there’s other things to worry about, but IF it’s due to covid I’ll be a little annoyed that they spent 5 days having a homecoming parade all over Chicago. Cases have been spiking and their tour is only 2 weeks and well over 50% of attendees travel for their shows. Perhaps future tours should have tighter restrictions considering they only play a handful of dates every year. 
  • JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    We don't know who is sick, we don't know what they have. Speculate away, but none of them care if you don't believe they are sick enough to cancel. 
    Wasn’t suggesting they weren’t sick enough to cancel. We all know how serious this band takes cancellations/postponements. It’s none of my business who is sick or what they have. Just found the wording curious is all. Got me thinking. 
    I wasn't suggesting you were suggesting that. 

Some of the COVID commentary is weird. 
    What’s so weird about it? COVID has been on a huge upswing lately. Closing schools etc. It is the most likely possibility. It’s not like it is a taboo illness. 
  • Was anybody at ES able to cancel their room?
  • Was anybody at ES able to cancel their room?
    Wyndham has a strict NO policy on refunds within 24 hrs. I got my rate via Expedia and work in cust serv. Policy’s mean nothing here. 
  • JD87070JD87070 Posts: 245
    wooderson said:
    I’m curious, how were others notified of the postponement? I received nothing. My buddy and I drove up from Lexington, KY, went to the Colts vs Jags game, and then drove to Ruoff. We didn’t know until we got to Ruoff and saw the billboard. I didn’t get a notification from Ticketmaster or the Fan Club. 
    I got an email from Ruoff Music Center at 2:12 about the postponement, so very soon after the post was put on Pearl Jam’s social media platforms (which was right as we parked in the lot after a 4.5 hour drive).
  • Let me be the first to say it:  gutted! 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • I thought deflated was the new gutted. In the post basketball merch universe. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Interesting that the statement reads “obviously it’s serious” then go on to say the other scheduled shows are still on. What could be serious but also pass in 3 days? 

A stomach bug?
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    edited September 2023
    Bummed about the postponement and there’s other things to worry about, but IF it’s due to covid I’ll be a little annoyed that they spent 5 days having a homecoming parade all over Chicago. Cases have been spiking and their tour is only 2 weeks and well over 50% of attendees travel for their shows. Perhaps future tours should have tighter restrictions considering they only play a handful of dates every year. 
    Yep, if the most energy for Pearl Jam they can muster in a year is 9 shows, then stay in a reasonable bubble and make sure you are getting your rest, eating right, and not partying with friends.  I can't do that when I'm on work trips (maybe if I was 25, but can't recover that fast now).  I'm speculating and who knows what the illness is, but regardless, be smart on tour and save the other 48 weeks of the year to live it up.  
  • This is actually the third time I’ve had a PJ show cancelled after arriving at the destination (London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022 being the others).  I also cancelled a trip to Europe on the day of departure on the news of Vienna 2022.  That cost a cancellation fee.  

And you know what? I’ll still make plans for the next tour.  The shows I’ve seen have been awesome.  Sometimes it doesn’t work out but that doesn’t interfere with enjoying it when it does. 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Because honestly going to Texas just for fun isn't really calling my name right now. I'd rather save my PTO days I suppose 
    Yeah, not worth it trust me
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,433
    I don't know how everyone else has been feeling that got sick this last week, but I have to tell you all bets were off for me on Friday. I had some OK plans to look forward to and I threw those out the window. I was so grateful my kid made after school and overnight plans and I didn't have to care for her! Fortunately, my little bug only had me down for the count for one day. But holy hell -- that day -- ouchie. 

I'm sure our boys were looking forward to shining bright tonight. It must have been needed to make the call to say - hey I can't do it - and just lie the fuck down and rest!

Get well soon!!! (With love and compassion - It's already been sung...)
    Xo
  • I hope it’s similar with London 2018. Change it to the last date of the tour
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
This discussion has been closed.