Pearl Jam Ruoff Music Center Postponement

Comments

• vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 888
    edited September 2023
    Because honestly going to Texas just for fun isn't really calling my name right now. I'd rather save my PTO days I suppose 
    Yeah, not worth it trust me
    Yes, please don’t visit here. You’re better off staying home.  
  • MM1424 said:
    5 hours before doors. Awesome job on notification
    5 hours seems pretty reasonable.  If someone is as sick as they say they are.

Ed Sheeran canceled an hour before last night in Vegas at the Football stadium for 60k plus.....probably all locals.  So it was real easy for all of them.

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/ed-sheeran-postpones-las-vegas-concert-last-minute-1235410098/

Also I have now seen over 45 shows, but been canceled after showing up to Raleigh and Showing up in Vegas,  also having 2 of the first Canadian Covid shows canceled.   so while it all sucks they are doing all they can do.  

Hopefully they can just continue open and quick communication

• Kristen81Kristen81 Posts: 35
    edited September 2023
    vedpunk said:

LOL love the sass! I understand not wanting to risk the travel expenses, but Fort Worth has so much charm. If worst comes to worst, I could think of plenty of worse places to find something to pass the time 
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 2,924
    Dang. Gutted for all, esp. those who've travelled a long way.  Hope whoever is sick gets well soon.

Say safe everyone
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited September 2023
    JimmyV said:
    We don't know who is sick, we don't know what they have. Speculate away, but none of them care if you don't believe they are sick enough to cancel. 
    The announcement opens up speculation as no details were given. I think the real question is, what is bad today, but TX is still on. People are traveling for those shows very soon too. This news says continue to travel. 

I don't think they can make these decisions based on the travel plans of fans. They go to different cities so those cities and their surrounding residents get a show there. I wouldn't think that people choosing to travel is a priority at all when it comes to the timing of cancelations. I think they will try their hardest to put on the show and that includes waiting for as long as they can if they think there is any possibility of being well enough to hit the stage and making the show happen for the people in the area, especially a place like Texas, where they rarely go.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • I suppose it does beg the question . Local people go to local show . Ive been to one cancelled show but it was London so it was only 1 HR to go home. I know they don't hit many places up these days but illness can happen and I bet most of us have missed a show because we were ill it's exactly the same.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043
    I suppose it does beg the question . Local people go to local show . Ive been to one cancelled show but it was London so it was only 1 HR to go home. I know they don't hit many places up these days but illness can happen and I bet most of us have missed a show because we were ill it's exactly the same.
    Ha ha yeah in a perfect world dude....the shows would be for local fans. But when we get 9 show tours there is going to be a shit load of travel - its just inevitable. Its been what 9 years since PJ played outside of London in the UK? Thats not a lot of scope for anyone outside of London to see this band unless they travel to european cities to make a nice break of it. 

Its just the way it is these days I guess, its the touring model and of course the band cannot look to announce cancellations ahead of time to cater for people travelling. My guess is they would leave it as long as possible in case the show can go on. 

I was unlucky enough to be in Dam last year and was pretty gutted to have the show cancelled a few hours before show time, but so thankful night 2 was not cancelled straight away, as Ed had a remarkable improvement and we got one hell of a show as a result 

Odd how things turn out. 

I just cant wait for some more dates to look forward to, and I know right now none of them will be local LOL

See you down the front Rob :0
  • A tour manager for Springsteen once told us that shows are scheduled with locals in mind and they don't care about travelers. 
    AT LEAST PJ made the statement apologizing to the folks who traveled to Indy... but if one does choose to travel that's the risk one takes
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,489
    edited September 2023
    Maybe Paul one day mate.
    I just meant traveling is a privilege. So can't be accounted for nor health.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    Gutted and deflated.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043
    Maybe Paul one day mate.
    I just meant traveling is a privilege. So can't be accounted for nor health.
    Wise words Rob. So true
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    edited September 2023
    vedpunk said:
    Because honestly going to Texas just for fun isn't really calling my name right now. I'd rather save my PTO days I suppose 
    Explains so much!  Fucking worst state in the country.  
    Post edited by cblock4life on
  • vedpunk said:
    vedpunk said:
    Haven't been to Florida?
  • A tour manager for Springsteen once told us that shows are scheduled with locals in mind and they don't care about travelers. 
    AT LEAST PJ made the statement apologizing to the folks who traveled to Indy... but if one does choose to travel that's the risk one takes
    My guess is that it doesn't relate to not caring...it just is a variable that doesn't and really shouldn't enter the equation. If someone is sick and can't perform then it's game over regardless of whether everyone travelled or no one did.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    Easier to say when you play more than 5 (well, now 4) cities. Of course Bruce postponed my local show Thursday too, so…
  • No... his exact words were they don't care. And George Travis is the guy who is in charge
  • Interesting that the statement reads “obviously it’s serious” then go on to say the other scheduled shows are still on. What could be serious but also pass in 3 days? 

A stomach bug?
    Vocal rest.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Interesting that the statement reads “obviously it’s serious” then go on to say the other scheduled shows are still on. What could be serious but also pass in 3 days? 

A stomach bug?
    Vocal rest.
    I really hope this isn't the case... if it is, it doesn't bode well for the future. 
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    I think I'm done seeing them live at this point. Maybe if they come to my actual home town. It's not just because of yet another cancelation. It has more to do with fan club tickets. 
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,425
    I have no idea who is sick or how they got sick. 

I will say though with the issues this band has had with cancelling shows the last 5 years I am surprised at how much in public appearances and hand shaking/ pictures with fans I observed on social media and even at the show. I did not expect a covid bubble but when Eddie was on screen with complete strangers at what I think was his grandmothers old house I thought it was very interesting at the time. They had 20 days to get through and they could not even make it past half of those days. 

I wish whoever is sick a speedy recovery and the Ft Worth shows go on with no issues. That said going forward travelling to see this band is a huge gamble. I would of loved to have gone to Australia next year to see them play if that rumour is true but there is no chance now I would even consider it. 

• Guy on the PJ Indy facebook page said that Stone was spotted in Cincy last night at the Kings X concert. Someone else said that Ed went back to Chicago to attend the Bears game.

Not sure if any of that is true. I'm just being a little rumor guy.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,807
    Guy on the PJ Indy facebook page said that Stone was spotted in Cincy last night at the Kings X concert. Someone else said that Ed went back to Chicago to attend the Bears game.

Maybe someone was just wildly hungover…
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • BV84003BV84003 Posts: 360
    Hopefully this means more tour dates next year (cough, Detroit)
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Guy on the PJ Indy facebook page said that Stone was spotted in Cincy last night at the Kings X concert. Someone else said that Ed went back to Chicago to attend the Bears game.

That Stone rumor is so specific that I believe it. The Ed one sounds plausible too. I'm guessing whoever was sick informed the band either late Saturday night or early Sunday morning. Then they probably made the official decision to postpone Sunday morning. While management went through the postponement process, the band members made other plans.

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,425
    edited September 2023
    That Eddie at the Bears game rumour was a Green Bay fan joking around. It was very obvious 
  • My irrational brain is getting pretty nervous about all this - which is really too bad coming off the high of what felt like a resurgent first four shows where the band was clicking on all cylinders and crushing the new format and shorter set list. They (or at least one or two of them) are definitely a little more reticent to tour extensively these days, a few of them have expressed some serious reservations about touring in the past few years due to COVID. Sucks that when they do agree that they feel okay going out even for a short tour someone gets sick. Hoping it doesn't set back the good feelings the band seemed to have on stage/about touring in those first four shows.
    Mansfield 6/30/08
    Boston 5/17/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
    Central Park 9/26/15
    Philadelphia 4/29/16 (TEN)
    Fenway Park 8/5/16
    Fenway Park 9/4/18
    St. Paul 9/2/23
    Philadelphia 9/7/24
    Baltimore 9/12/24

Ev Solo Providence 6/15/11

That Stone rumor is so specific that I believe it. The Ed one sounds plausible too. I'm guessing whoever was sick informed the band either late Saturday night or early Sunday morning. Then they probably made the official decision to postpone Sunday morning. While management went through the postponement process, the band members made other plans.

The show was in Columbus, OH.. 
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22

A stomach bug?
    Vocal rest.
    I really hope this isn't the case... if it is, it doesn't bode well for the future. 
    It’s been a recurring problem. I feel for him - can’t just replace his “gear” like the other members can. 
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22

A stomach bug?
    Vocal rest.
    It’s been a recurring problem. I feel for him - can’t just replace his “gear” like the other members can. 
    I was under the impression (perhaps naively) that the air quality from fires in Europe last summer were what led to the vocal problems that forced them to cancel.

If not, and it is indeed a recurring problem, I can't feel for him that much... quit f'ing smoking already. 
  • BV84003BV84003 Posts: 360
    Guy on the PJ Indy facebook page said that Stone was spotted in Cincy last night at the Kings X concert. Someone else said that Ed went back to Chicago to attend the Bears game.

The show was in Columbus, OH.. 
    That was on the 9th though. Last night's King's X show was in Harrison, OH about 90 minutes from the Indiana venue. That's totally plausible that Stone could've easily gone to that show even leaving hours after the announcement was made.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
This discussion has been closed.