Pearl Jam Ruoff Music Center Postponement

Comments

• Hankj25Hankj25 Posts: 315
    Congrats to the FW fans.  You deserve it.  (Sniffles…a little bit…). But seriously, I’m glad everyone is OK and they are back.  Don’t know that I’ll have the stomach to follow the set lists for the rest of the tour…but I’ll come back around by the 2024 tour.  Hope you guys get an epic one…
    Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Seattle 5-30-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 761
    On top of the set list stuff, the weather was just all time perfect that night too. And with a September show at Deer Creek you don't have to fight the sunset. Who knows what '24 brings on that front. 

But I'm happy for Texas that the shows are back on. Cheers to all in attendance tonight. 
    This too. Was just a perfect night out there weather wise. 
  • incredebellincredebell Posts: 19
    edited September 2023
    Edit: wrong quote 
    Post edited by incredebell on
  • On top of the set list stuff, the weather was just all time perfect that night too. And with a September show at Deer Creek you don't have to fight the sunset. Who knows what '24 brings on that front. 

But I'm happy for Texas that the shows are back on. Cheers to all in attendance tonight. 
    YES. The weather would have been so perfect, which is never a given in Indy. 

Which makes it even more of a bummer that Indy was the only stop on the tour with only one show. If it had two shows like every other city, postponing one would mean the 2nd show still had a chance of happening. And the weather still would've been nice.

Instead, Indy gets the short shift. One show, questionable poster (Worst of the tour so far, IMO), and finally a postponed show. 
  • KC138045KC138045 Posts: 2,716
    I’m happy for the people going to FW that they get their show tonight but a part of me is still bitter that we still don’t have a full explanation why Noblesville was postponed. 
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • On top of the set list stuff, the weather was just all time perfect that night too. And with a September show at Deer Creek you don't have to fight the sunset. Who knows what '24 brings on that front. 

YES. The weather would have been so perfect, which is never a given in Indy. 

Which makes it even more of a bummer that Indy was the only stop on the tour with only one show. If it had two shows like every other city, postponing one would mean the 2nd show still had a chance of happening. And the weather still would've been nice.

Instead, Indy gets the short shift. One show, questionable poster (Worst of the tour so far, IMO), and finally a postponed show. 
    Calling that poster questionable is an insult to questionable posters everywhere.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,807
    KC138045 said:
    I’m happy for the people going to FW that they get their show tonight but a part of me is still bitter that we still don’t have a full explanation why Noblesville was postponed. 
    Im stoked for people in FW tonight, and have accepted the postponement reason as is.  But mannnnnnnnn do I wish they could find some way squeeze Indy into this run of shows still......
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Spurs14 said:
    It's Pearl Jam, not Eddie Vedder and friends.  I want to see and hear Ed, Jeff, Stone, Mike, and Matt or I'd be massively disappointed.
    Apologies to Boom and Josh.
    I 3rd this. Eddie is great, but it's not the same without them all. Each person brings a unique fire and sound. I can't imagine someone covering for one of them, it wouldn't be Pearl Jam.
    Yes it would... Ed IS PJ. You can take Ed out of PJ an he'll carry it wherever he goes. Any other guy an no... Nope. Uh-uh. They can't carry that weight individually, he can tho. 
    Strong disagree here… as talented a performer as Ed is, there’s a reason I could take or leave his solo shows but will travel thousands of miles for Pearl Jam. I could take a stand in for Matt or Boom for a night, but it wouldn’t be Pearl Jam w/ out Mike running around like a squirrel on cocaine or Jeff & Stone locked in on their grooves. 

Would I have boycotted one of the St Paul shows if I knew Josh was filling for one of those three? Of course not… but I would have been disappointed about missing that musician, and in my mind there would be an asterisk next to that show. 
    Yeah but me personally I wouldn’t go if no Ed! Anyone else id still go if I had tickets 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PhartNPhartN Posts: 426
    KC138045 said:
    I was originally on the side of, Noneya, but now I am right here with you.  All of fans that were there, some from other countries, some from across the country etc (8 hour drive for myself), I feel like we are at least owed something more than "someone was ill".  S. Tyler just shared that he has damaged vocal chords and had to postpone like 6  Aerosmith shows...what happened that was so bad to postpone the Indy show, but yet get on for Texas just a few days later?  Let the fans know!  To all the people that will hate on me for this post, so be it, but I think it is the least they could do.  Will it change the outcome, nope, but it would set a lot of poeples' minds at ease about why it happened so late.
    1995: New Orleans, LA
    2006: Washington, D.C.
    2008: Washington, D.C.
    2010: Bristow, VA
    2013: Baltimore, MD
    2016: Hampton, VA
    2020: Baltimore, MD
    2023: Noblesville, IN TBD
    2024: Seattle, WA N1 and N2
  • KC138045 said:
    But why what would that accomplish? So you can say oh I see why they canceled and it’s justified? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • KC138045 said:
    But why what would that accomplish? So you can say oh I see why they canceled and it’s justified? 
    I think most of us would like to know that our time and money wasn't wasted for a trivial reason. They are going to play 3 days later without even announcing that Indy will be rescheduled in 2024.  Most examples of other artists canceling this year have already announced the exact date of the reschedule. Not to mention they are on tours with many more stops.   
  • I'm sure it will be addressed tonight at the show
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Spurs14 said:
    It's Pearl Jam, not Eddie Vedder and friends.  I want to see and hear Ed, Jeff, Stone, Mike, and Matt or I'd be massively disappointed.
    I 3rd this. Eddie is great, but it's not the same without them all. Each person brings a unique fire and sound. I can't imagine someone covering for one of them, it wouldn't be Pearl Jam.
    Yes it would... Ed IS PJ. You can take Ed out of PJ an he'll carry it wherever he goes. Any other guy an no... Nope. Uh-uh. They can't carry that weight individually, he can tho. 
    Strong disagree here… as talented a performer as Ed is, there’s a reason I could take or leave his solo shows but will travel thousands of miles for Pearl Jam. I could take a stand in for Matt or Boom for a night, but it wouldn’t be Pearl Jam w/ out Mike running around like a squirrel on cocaine or Jeff & Stone locked in on their grooves. 

Would I have boycotted one of the St Paul shows if I knew Josh was filling for one of those three? Of course not… but I would have been disappointed about missing that musician, and in my mind there would be an asterisk next to that show. 
    Yeah but me personally I wouldn’t go if no Ed! Anyone else id still go if I had tickets 
    I know it happened once before, but I genuinely can't see them ever playing a show without Ed again. They would just cancel like they did on Sunday. 

I mentioned already, I think the idea of playing a show without any of the core 5 members really is an absolute last resort for them. The suggestion that Josh has been brought on to be a stand in just doesn't hold water IMO. COULD it happen? Sure, I just don't think they want it to. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,426
    edited September 2023
    Spurs14 said:

I know it happened once before, but I genuinely can't see them ever playing a show without Ed again. They would just cancel like they did on Sunday. 

I mentioned already, I think the idea of playing a show without any of the core 5 members really is an absolute last resort for them. The suggestion that Josh has been brought on to be a stand in just doesn't hold water IMO. COULD it happen? Sure, I just don't think they want it to. 
    agreed...Josh is a great musician but to stand in for Jeff/Stone/Mike is impossible. It just wouldn't work.

by impossible I mean that without TONS of practice as a band...not to say that he couldn't do it...just not spur of the moment

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,561
    I'm still stoked about Jeremy Irons sitting in on skins. Tiiiight!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,561
    PhartN said:
    KC138045 said:
    I was originally on the side of, Noneya, but now I am right here with you.  All of fans that were there, some from other countries, some from across the country etc (8 hour drive for myself), I feel like we are at least owed something more than "someone was ill".  S. Tyler just shared that he has damaged vocal chords and had to postpone like 6  Aerosmith shows...what happened that was so bad to postpone the Indy show, but yet get on for Texas just a few days later?  Let the fans know!  To all the people that will hate on me for this post, so be it, but I think it is the least they could do.  Will it change the outcome, nope, but it would set a lot of poeples' minds at ease about why it happened so late.
    Sick/ill is the explanation. If they had to postpone the whole tour due to Eddie's vocal chords or Stone's strained neck they'd probably be more specific about why multiple shows were canned.

I'm puzzled by the people that want to know what it was. What does that change? Then you just get people postulating on how they could have done x, y, or z in order to still perform. Some people are never satisfied. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tbergs said:
    fuck yeah! He was great in Reversal of Fortune...had no idea he played the skins

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • PhartNPhartN Posts: 426
    tbergs said:

Sick/ill is the explanation. If they had to postpone the whole tour due to Eddie's vocal chords or Stone's strained neck they'd probably be more specific about why multiple shows were canned.

I'm puzzled by the people that want to know what it was. What does that change? Then you just get people postulating on how they could have done x, y, or z in order to still perform. Some people are never satisfied. 
    I already acknowledged that it wouldn't change anything as far as the reality of it. Even if they said, Eddie was ill, that would be enough for me.  I could care less what they could have done to go on, the fact is that they didnt go on, and they gave, what 5 hours notice with very little explanation?  I want to know anything more that "someone was ill" .  I mean, no sh!t someone was ill! I think it is a fair request to, at the very least, know who it was.  It would make it easier to swallow for those of us who could only go to this one particular show.
    1995: New Orleans, LA
    2006: Washington, D.C.
    2008: Washington, D.C.
    2010: Bristow, VA
    2013: Baltimore, MD
    2016: Hampton, VA
    2020: Baltimore, MD
    2023: Noblesville, IN TBD
    2024: Seattle, WA N1 and N2
  • tbergs said:
    fuck yeah! He was great in Reversal of Fortune...had no idea he played the skins
    I'm here for one reason and one reason alone. I'm here to guess what the music might do a week, a month, a year from now. That's it. Nothing more. And standing here tonight, I'm afraid that I don't hear a thing. Just...silence.
  • Jeremy?
    Jack's second cousin.
    He introduced Jack and Eddie back around 1988 or so.. solid drummer and actor
    "And the young, they can lose hope
    'Cause they can't see beyond today
    The wisdom that the old can't give away, hey
    Constant recoil
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone."
  • Hankj25Hankj25 Posts: 315
    edited September 2023
    As bummed as I feel, I don’t need the whole truth.  I expect Ed will say something tonight about it..I doubt he’ll go into great detail, but my hope is that his commentary makes it clear that the show couldn’t go on..they publicly tweeted an apology, so I guess. I don’t need much more.  Maybe just…”we’re so sorry” and then dedicate Off He Goes to us bummed out fans.   Who knows…maybe we get all of the tea spilled tonight…

Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Seattle 5-30-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
  • BSullyBSully Posts: 1,183
    KC138045 said:
    Im stoked for people in FW tonight, and have accepted the postponement reason as is.  But mannnnnnnnn do I wish they could find some way squeeze Indy into this run of shows still......
    Yes... something about moving it to next year just makes it part of the 2024 tour and not this one.
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • KC138045KC138045 Posts: 2,716
    One bright spot is if it is moved to be part of next years tour we all already have tickets and don’t have to deal with the lottery. 
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    True... our spot is guaranteed at a show next year already!
  • KC138045 said:
    One bright spot is if it is moved to be part of next years tour we all already have tickets and don’t have to deal with the lottery. 
    This.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Jeff is going to cancel an entire leg of the US tour just because he has to play this one extra show in Indiana.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • BSully said:
    Nothing is guaranteed. They haven't announced a new date. The show still has a good possibility of getting cancelled. 
    BSully said:
    Nothing is guaranteed. They haven't announced a new date. The show still has a good possibility of getting cancelled. 
    No more of that negative talk around here... :)
  • BSully said:

• KC138045 said:
    Yeah I don't care so much about why it was cancelled...meaning I don't care if I get more info.  They said illness I take it for what it is.

I would just like them to provide a make-up date ASAP with time to prepare to be there....and I hope it's a Sunday again tbh.  
    hippiemom = goodness
This discussion has been closed.