Pearl Jam Ruoff Music Center Postponement

Comments

• BSullyBSully Posts: 1,183
    Dr. Matt said:
    PJ has released the format for the second leg of their US tour in early 2024:

Would make for a more enjoyable mosh pit at my age.. :o
    So... how do you catch a guitar pick this way? :)
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Wilco87 said:

During one of the Ohana '21 Shows, Eddie mentioned he woke up with incredible back pain and that the only way he was able to perform was after seeing a doctor/therepist for the LA Clippers and getting some sort of shot. Hearing of stories like that and other things they have done to make a show happen (including last night in Ft Worth), I don't question that they have exhausted every possibility before making the decision to cancel/postpone a gig.
    His comment about getting that steroid shot "proves that I'm a pro vaxxer" was hilarious.
     :) 

EV was also more than willing to get a 2nd shot for the next show even though he had improved. Must of have been good stuff. 
  • BSully said:
    Dr. Matt said:

They can make little hand slots for your hands to come out of the bubble   =)
    "And the young, they can lose hope
    'Cause they can't see beyond today
    The wisdom that the old can't give away, hey
    Constant recoil
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone."
  • BSully said:
    Dr. Matt said:

They can make little hand slots for your hands to come out of the bubble   =)
              The bubbles have sticky on top and all around. The picks 'd'd have to stick, and then you'd have to save it for later...
  • Safe to say at this point that this show isn't getting rescheduled until next year if at all.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • In the future, we need a color coding system like the injury report for Pearl Jam.  For example, green means no concerns about show going on.  Yellow,  unlikely show would be canceled.  Orange, there is a real chance but unconfirmed at this point.  

I am kidding, but would be nice for travelers.  
    Purple, we're good but incoheresnt. Blue gonna be a sad fucking night. Brown, yeah we're all fucked. Red, not a snowballs chance of a hope in hell... Just playing along... Pink would be what... ??? 
  • Ruoff immediately said, on social media after the postponement, that this show is going to be rescheduled for 2024. I think this will be the first date of a tour in May. Then hit a few cities going east & down the east coast. Indy, Detroit, Cleveland( or another Ohio city), Pittsburgh, Philly, DC, Charlotte and Atlanta. Something like that.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Well if this forces them to play the midwest proper next year, we may be squeezing a little lemonade out of this lemon.   I may opt to travel a little more  
  • Covid is here to stay, like the flu and colds. As we and the band get older, respiratory diseases are going to take more of a toll. There's not much to do about that (except, get vaccinated!).  
    How in the fuck did the band being quadruple vaccinated help them play Indy?  Your first sentence was spot on though. 

Just because a test says you have covid shouldn't mean they cancel a show and F up tens of thousands of people's plans.  Just be a little more cautious, like no sipping from the community wine bottle for example.

But if they were truly feeling really sick...like I can't talk/sing or can't get out of bed sick, then of course, they may have to cancel.  But back in the old days when people weren't brainwashed by the media, people who had important jobs sometimes powered through their sickness to get work done.  I feel bad/mad for the Indy people.  

Covid is indeed here to stay.
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!

• Ruoff immediately said, on social media after the postponement, that this show is going to be rescheduled for 2024. I think this will be the first date of a tour in May. Then hit a few cities going east & down the east coast. Indy, Detroit, Cleveland( or another Ohio city), Pittsburgh, Philly, DC, Charlotte and Atlanta. Something like that.

I like that, I would love a birthday show (May 21, in Detroit or nearby, please, or Noblesville!)
  • Jcanr20Jcanr20 Illinois Posts: 159
    I really wish they would give us an idea of when a date will be announced.
  • Jcanr20 said:
    If it stays true that it’s 2024, we’re not going to officially hear anything until early next year.
    Jcanr20 said:
    If it stays true that it’s 2024, we’re not going to officially hear anything until early next year.
    If that's the case I would prefer they just cancel. The problem is that screws the people that have good seats etc. or just those that were lucky enough to get tickets that might not if they had to do it over again.
  • Jcanr20 said:
    Jcanr20 said:
    If that's the case I would prefer they just cancel. The problem is that screws the people that have good seats etc. or just those that were lucky enough to get tickets that might not if they had to do it over again.
    To heck with canceling the show. I can wait a few months to get an announcement of a reschedule date. We had to wait a long time for the rescheduled dates in 2020, so a few months is not the end of the world. I would rather hold on to these seats than take my chances again. Plus if they cancel instead of rescheduling Indy, there is no guarantee it gets added to the tour next year. They could decide that a date close by would be good enough. 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,807
    The new date will almost certainly be announced in January 2024 along with a string of new shows which will happen in May 2024 if history repeats itself
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Probably announced as part of a new album tour in 2024.  I predict they come back and play 2 dates in Indy and these will be the only Midwest dates of the tour.  The rest will be east and west coast and Canada. 
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • As someone with pit, I’ll gladly wait. 
  • Probably announced as part of a new album tour in 2024.  I predict they come back and play 2 dates in Indy and these will be the only Midwest dates of the tour.  The rest will be east and west coast and Canada. 
    2 dates could make things complicated with people that already have tickets for the postponed date. It could turn into a lot of questions being asked as in which tickets are good for which date, etc.
    2 dates could make things complicated with people that already have tickets for the postponed date. It could turn into a lot of questions being asked as in which tickets are good for which date, etc.
    Um, not really.  If the new dates were May 21 and 23 they could say May 21 is the rescheduled show and May 23 the new show.  And the tickets update in the app anyway.

I do agree with your other post - don’t cancel - let people who want to hold their tickets hold them. 

Last but not least I’m holding out hope for Sept 24 although I realize it’s not going to happen.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Covid is here to stay, like the flu and colds. As we and the band get older, respiratory diseases are going to take more of a toll. There's not much to do about that (except, get vaccinated!).  
    How in the fuck did the band being quadruple vaccinated help them play Indy?  Your first sentence was spot on though. 

Just because a test says you have covid shouldn't mean they cancel a show and F up tens of thousands of people's plans.  Just be a little more cautious, like no sipping from the community wine bottle for example.

But if they were truly feeling really sick...like I can't talk/sing or can't get out of bed sick, then of course, they may have to cancel.  But back in the old days when people weren't brainwashed by the media, people who had important jobs sometimes powered through their sickness to get work done.  I feel bad/mad for the Indy people.  

You are clueless 
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,321
    Covid is here to stay, like the flu and colds. As we and the band get older, respiratory diseases are going to take more of a toll. There's not much to do about that (except, get vaccinated!).  

COVID is a very contagious disease, and it is still a dangerous disease. It is not simply about whether an infected person can "power through" an illness. You have a duty to other people not to put them in harm's way when you know you are infected with a contagious, dangerous disease.

There has been media brainwashing going on with respect to vaccines, all right, but it's not the kind you're thinking of.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
    I would definitely go for Sept. 24. 
  • PLEASE please please I am begging you PJ, do not make the reschedule date May 18.

When I arrived back home from Indy on Monday, I had a save the date for a family wedding waiting for me in the mailbox for this date. I just got a bad feeling immediately like oh man I hope it’s not that exact day.

Sunday was such a weird day, as many others have already detailed here.  The super excited feeling driving in the morning, knowing it was set to be the most beautiful outdoor weather forecast there possible. Getting to Indy and hearing the shocking and disappointing news, then quickly accepting it and hoping everything was ok with the band and scrambling to change plans/hotels etc. Then making the best of the night and looking forward to be able to come back for the makeup show. Fingers crossed here it won’t be that day now but I’m nervous with my luck lol.
    No time to be void or save up on life, you gotta spend it all.
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    edited September 2023
    BF25394 said:
    Covid is here to stay, like the flu and colds. As we and the band get older, respiratory diseases are going to take more of a toll. There's not much to do about that (except, get vaccinated!).  

COVID is a very contagious disease, and it is still a dangerous disease. It is not simply about whether an infected person can "power through" an illness. You have a duty to other people not to put them in harm's way when you know you are infected with a contagious, dangerous disease.

There has been media brainwashing going on with respect to vaccines, all right, but it's not the kind you're thinking of.
    (edit to add the post I was replying to)
    I had it for the first time this week and I have am fully vaxxed, and I would say this is not "just a cold" or even like the flu. I had the flu before, and it even landed me in the hospital with pneumonia but even that was not like this last week. I don't want to have this shit again and I have no idea how anyone would be able to perform or even act like a normal person in public having it. All I could do all week was sleep. I woke up for bouts of fever, coughing and sneezing, lost ten lbs and today feel better for the first time. Fuck covid, get your vaccines. I don't even understand how people are up in arms against vaccines now. We seem to live in upside down world now.

Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
    Um, not really.  If the new dates were May 21 and 23 they could say May 21 is the rescheduled show and May 23 the new show.  And the tickets update in the app anyway.

I do agree with your other post - don’t cancel - let people who want to hold their tickets hold them. 

Last but not least I’m holding out hope for Sept 24 although I realize it’s not going to happen.  
    Makes sense, I clearly didn't think too long on it.
  • 9/24/23 plz
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,142
    I had it for the first time this week and I have am fully vaxxed, and I would say this is not "just a cold" or even like the flu. I had the flu before, and it even landed me in the hospital with pneumonia but even that was not like this last week. I don't want to have this shit again and I have no idea how anyone would be able to perform or even act like a normal person in public having it. All I could do all week was sleep. I woke up for bouts of fever, coughing and sneezing, lost ten lbs and today feel better for the first time. Fuck covid, get your vaccines. I don't even understand how people are up in arms against vaccines now. We seem to live in upside down world now.
    This is not the best pro-vaccine testimonial
  • pjl44 said:

I disagree. I was aware that the vaccines would not protect me for the rest of my life and that they would have to be updated. They did a pretty great job for the length of the pandemic, I never got sick. By now, my last booster has been about a year ago, which is quite a lot of time. I was hoping to get boosted before the show, but alas, the new one is only available now. As with any vaccination that is voluntary, you have to decide if you want to run the risk or not. I never get the flu shot but I will do the covid stuff when I can get it. I grew up in a doctor household so I trust in modern medicine. I also had to run through an entire catalogue of vaccinations to be able to immigrate to the US. It feels backwards to me to be against things that actually help. Good luck to you.
  • pjl44 said:
    Interesting route this thread has gone. Maybe the above person wouldnt have survived to make the “anti-vax” post if that were their stance
  • I'm thinking it's a little too late for a September 24th date. Pretty sure we would have heard of something by now and most likely would have heard it last Sunday if it was realistic.
This discussion has been closed.