Pearl Jam Ruoff Music Center Postponement

Comments

• FW seems to be a go! If not, I would have to assume it would have been announced already, right??
    Ft. Laud 96, WPB I and II 98, WPB I and II 2000, San Sebastian, Spain 2000, WPB 03, Tampa 03, MSG I and II 03, Kissimmee 04, Atlantic City I and II 05, Mansfield I 08, Toronto 09, Noblesville 10, Alpine Valley I and II 11, Wrigley 13, Baltimore 13, Ft. Lauderdale 2016, Miami 2016, Wrigley 2 2016
  • I think Indy was called off about 1:30 local time
  • JE224127 said:
    I think Indy was called off about 1:30 local time
    Yup.  That's about right.  We were just getting back from brunch and saw the announcements all over social media.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Noblesville part of the forthcoming 2024 tour announcement.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,425
    I don’t remember the 2020 shows saying announcement coming soon
  • nicknyr15 said:
    For all we know Josh has been studying the past 2 years to fill in for anyone at any given time on any instrument. Even if he knows the top 50 most played songs in their arsenal. All he has to do is play the parts. No need to jam or solo for 5 minutes. 
    Maybe it was Josh who was sick, and he's such an integral part of the live show now that no one could fill in for him... 

I'm just sayin... 
    PJ has played thousands of shows without Josh. They could get a fill in drummer I think, Jeremy Irons perhaps. Maybe not.. But everyone else would need to be there. Josh or Boom are not critical for the show to go on. 
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,037
    edited September 2023
    killcrop said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    For all we know Josh has been studying the past 2 years to fill in for anyone at any given time on any instrument. Even if he knows the top 50 most played songs in their arsenal. All he has to do is play the parts. No need to jam or solo for 5 minutes. 
    Maybe it was Josh who was sick, and he's such an integral part of the live show now that no one could fill in for him... 

I'm just sayin... 
    PJ has played thousands of shows without Josh. They could get a fill in drummer I think, Jeremy Irons perhaps. Maybe not.. But everyone else would need to be there. Josh or Boom are not critical for the show to go on. 
    Man, if they got Jeremy Irons to fill in on drums in 2023, that's a show I would want to be at. 
  • killcrop said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I'm just sayin... 
    Man Jeremy Irons can do it all! Voiced Scar, played a Die Hard villain, now you’re telling me he drums too?!?
  • Jeremy?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Jeremy?
    Jack's second cousin.
  • Ah that guy
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • killcrop said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I'm just sayin... 
    All joking aside... my post about Josh being the reason they canceled was intended to be sarcastic. 

I'm willing to bet if they didn't have intentions to tour in 2024, maybe they try to make Noblesville happen... there was probably some element of that uncertainty at play last year when they played the shows w/ people filling in for Matt.

I think the idea of playing a show without one of the core 5 members is a last resort for them and they really don't want to do that. I have no inside info on this, it's just my intuition. 
  • Mike said the new album is just about finished in a new article released today. Indy in 2024 makes my optimism feel good. 
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 761
    I will be slightly bummed if they reschedule Noblesville to ‘24 and then the setlist is filled with 8 songs from the new album…beggars can’t be choosers though.
  • Jadler said:
    I will be slightly bummed if they reschedule Noblesville to ‘24 and then the setlist is filled with 8 songs from the new album…beggars can’t be choosers though.
    Yeah getting to hear new PJ always bums me out too. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Jadler said:
    I agree. I told my wife the same thing on the long drive back after the postponement was announced.
  • Jadler said:
    Yeah. Don’t get me wrong, I expect the ‘24 shows to be great and I’m excited for the album, but I had never been able to catch one of these break-from-studio tours before and was really looking forward to that. Especially after I saw the St Paul & Chi setlists. 
  • Hankj25Hankj25 Posts: 315
    kmcmanus said:
    Jadler said:
    Yeah. Don’t get me wrong, I expect the ‘24 shows to be great and I’m excited for the album, but I had never been able to catch one of these break-from-studio tours before and was really looking forward to that. Especially after I saw the St Paul & Chi setlists. 
    Agree. I’m as pumped about new music as anyone, but the set lists this summer have been amazing.  It was likely to be epic Sunday. Only outdoor show, setting sun and some deep cuts. 

My only ask is that the Ruoff show in 24 gets 4-5 more songs then what we’ve seen.  The fans who go back (not me unfortunately) deserve it. 
    Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Seattle 5-30-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
    Jadler said:
    I want new music as much as anyone. Was just looking forward to an anything goes tour that wasn’t supporting a specific album. That’s all. 
  • FWIW:  Posted on the PJ 2023 Tour FB page

I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • I would never mind new album songs if the sets were the same length when Lightning Bolt was released. Things have changed and the guys are older since then. I understand they have to promote the new music.
  • Radio rob would know..great news
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Jadler said:
    I had this exact same thought. Like at least when San Diego got 8 songs out of 23 from Gigaton, they’d had two years to digest and get to know the songs. 

• Jadler said:
    The hope was to see them in Indy for a non-album tour AND to see them in ‘24 for new songs. Both have a ton of appeal, but one I’ve never done before. I’ll be thrilled to hear the new music, but that’s not what this particular tour that I’m now missing was about.
  • Dr. Matt said:
    FWIW:  Posted on the PJ 2023 Tour FB page

Sweet!
    kmcmanus said:
    Jadler said:
    The hope was to see them in Indy for a non-album tour AND to see them in ‘24 for new songs. Both have a ton of appeal, but one I’ve never done before. I’ll be thrilled to hear the new music, but that’s not what this particular tour that I’m now missing was about.
    Exactly!
  • Swing back around and hit Indy a few days after Austin! Has to be a few days between 9/19 and 10/01 that work
  • Dfite731 said:
    Swing back around and hit Indy a few days after Austin! Has to be a few days between 9/19 and 10/01 that work
    I wish but highly unlikely. Eddie has Ohana. Rumor was they asked about the 23rd but Farm Aid was booked.
  • On top of the set list stuff, the weather was just all time perfect that night too. And with a September show at Deer Creek you don't have to fight the sunset. Who knows what '24 brings on that front. 

But I'm happy for Texas that the shows are back on. Cheers to all in attendance tonight. 
  • Dfite731Dfite731 Posts: 16
    edited September 2023
    Dfite731 said:
    Swing back around and hit Indy a few days after Austin! Has to be a few days between 9/19 and 10/01 that work
    I wish but highly unlikely. Eddie has Ohana. Rumor was they asked about the 23rd but Farm Aid was booked.
    Yeah I heard that too. I count at least 6 other days that could work before 9/28 that take the Ruoff schedule into account. I’ll be happy for a new date whenever, but does seem a little weak to push that long 
This discussion has been closed.