Pearl Jam Ruoff Music Center Postponement

Comments

• CO278952CO278952 Posts: 1,346
    BSully said:
    True... our spot is guaranteed at a show next year already!
    Nothing is guaranteed. They haven't announced a new date. The show still has a good possibility of getting cancelled. 

Lol for real
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden 07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa 5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin 9.3.24 MSG 9.4.24 MSG Fenway 9.15.24 Fenway 9.17.24
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    I haven't/wont travel to a show, outside driving distance since the Raleigh cancellation.  I know it is kind of a source of division, but that stunk and nobody paid for that more than the fans (who mostly agree with their political views).  

I understand and respect their need in cancelling a show if/when someone is sick.  It has happened a few times, and with late notice, that is a real possibility whenever you book a trip to go to a show.  
  • I don’t need to know anymore about why it was postponed, though I don’t begrudge anyone working through their grief thinking an answer might help. Not sure what could be so serious that they are playing again 3 days later, but it is what it is. What we do deserve is to know what the plan is for rescheduling. Leaving that up in the air until a 2024 tour is announced sometime next year is a dick move. 2020 tour postponement not withstanding, as due to Covid nobody knew when things would start up again. This is a different situation, and some info on that front might help those of us struggling to get over this disappointment. 
  • kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 722
    edited September 2023
    jrfigg said:
    I don’t need to know anymore about why it was postponed, though I don’t begrudge anyone working through their grief thinking an answer might help. Not sure what could be so serious that they are playing again 3 days later, but it is what it is. What we do deserve is to know what the plan is for rescheduling. Leaving that up in the air until a 2024 tour is announced sometime next year is a dick move. 2020 tour postponement not withstanding, as due to Covid nobody knew when things would start up again. This is a different situation, and some info on that front might help those of us struggling to get over this disappointment. 
    Agree 100%. Just not expecting them to do it. I’m expecting a March announcement of a May show. I would love to be wrong.
  • Hankj25Hankj25 Posts: 315
    jrfigg said:
    I don’t need to know anymore about why it was postponed, though I don’t begrudge anyone working through their grief thinking an answer might help. Not sure what could be so serious that they are playing again 3 days later, but it is what it is. What we do deserve is to know what the plan is for rescheduling. Leaving that up in the air until a 2024 tour is announced sometime next year is a dick move. 2020 tour postponement not withstanding, as due to Covid nobody knew when things would start up again. This is a different situation, and some info on that front might help those of us struggling to get over this disappointment. 
    Yep.  But I’m also a realist and know that they probably haven’t been able to piece this together in 3 days…

The new album seems to be a lock…a 2024 tour sure seems likely…but until they start building the dates and map, there isn’t much they can do publicly.  Maybe they could send an email or something out in short order to just let us all know they are thinking of us…and updating us with whatever they can..even if its as simple as “we are trying to make it right”.  

But based on past history, i doubt seriously they’ll provide any update whatsoever.  This band is awesome…but they have employed a PR style that grates on fans at times..one of their best areas of opportunity moving into 2024!
    Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Seattle 5-30-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
  • I certainly hope you’re wrong as well! Imagine being one of the poor souls who paid $1000 a ticket for PJ premium and just being left in the dark about when you’ll get to realize that value. 

Until we get some info I don’t know what feels worse - having my bucket list pit tix in Las Vegas straight up cancelled, or having them again in Indy with no idea when I’ll get to use them. 

As Ed’s buddy Tom Petty said, “the waiting is the hardest part”
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,321
    nicknyr15 said:
    For all we know Josh has been studying the past 2 years to fill in for anyone at any given time on any instrument. Even if he knows the top 50 most played songs in their arsenal. All he has to do is play the parts. No need to jam or solo for 5 minutes. 
    Josh told me in June that he knows the first five albums backwards and forwards, and that he is much less familiar with the rest of the catalog. Pearl Jam is not Josh's only gig-- he works with a lot of musicians-- so I really doubt that he would have been able to devote the last two years to such an endeavor.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
    killcrop said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    For all we know Josh has been studying the past 2 years to fill in for anyone at any given time on any instrument. Even if he knows the top 50 most played songs in their arsenal. All he has to do is play the parts. No need to jam or solo for 5 minutes. 
    Maybe it was Josh who was sick, and he's such an integral part of the live show now that no one could fill in for him... 

I'm just sayin... 
    PJ has played thousands of shows without Josh. They could get a fill in drummer I think, Jeremy Irons perhaps. Maybe not.. But everyone else would need to be there. Josh or Boom are not critical for the show to go on. 
    Jeremy Irons is a sick drummer. I love the way he plays drums on Pearl Jam's smash hit "Jack"-- you know, the one with the video where the kid shoots himself in front of his class.
  • jrfigg said:
    I certainly hope you’re wrong as well! Imagine being one of the poor souls who paid $1000 a ticket for PJ premium and just being left in the dark about when you’ll get to realize that value. 

Until we get some info I don’t know what feels worse - having my bucket list pit tix in Las Vegas straight up cancelled, or having them again in Indy with no idea when I’ll get to use them. 

If someone paid PJ premium pricing, the postponement is a blessing! They can get a refund and buy a normal price ticket to the new date or go to TX for cheaper. 
    Jadler said:
    I will be slightly bummed if they reschedule Noblesville to ‘24 and then the setlist is filled with 8 songs from the new album…beggars can’t be choosers though.
    You have never heard these songs and yet you already have decided that you'd prefer not to hear them. Why are you a member of this band's fan club, exactly?
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,152
    I’ll believe a show is a go tonight when the Greek posts a setlist thread. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • jrfigg said:
    I certainly hope you’re wrong as well! Imagine being one of the poor souls who paid $1000 a ticket for PJ premium and just being left in the dark about when you’ll get to realize that value. 

If someone paid PJ premium pricing, the postponement is a blessing! They can get a refund and buy a normal price ticket to the new date or go to TX for cheaper. 
    Right? 

Someone just got the opportunity to save $800+ and somehow that’s a negative. 
  • BK221359BK221359 Charleston, SC Posts: 237
    Dr. Matt said:
    FWIW:  Posted on the PJ 2023 Tour FB page

Nice!!  Thanks for passing along
    Pensacola, FL - 3-9-1994
    New Orleans, LA - 9-17-1995
    New Orleans, LA - 8-14-2000
    Lexington, KY - 4-26-2016
    Nashville, TN - 6-9-2016 (TMR)
    Bonnaroo - 6-11-2016
    Chicago, IL - 8-18-2018 & 8-20-2018
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9-18-2021
    Ohana Fest - 9-26-2021
    Ohana Fest Encore - 10-1-2021 & 10-2-2021
    On top of the set list stuff, the weather was just all time perfect that night too. And with a September show at Deer Creek you don't have to fight the sunset. Who knows what '24 brings on that front. 

But I'm happy for Texas that the shows are back on. Cheers to all in attendance tonight. 
    YES. The weather would have been so perfect, which is never a given in Indy. 

Which makes it even more of a bummer that Indy was the only stop on the tour with only one show. If it had two shows like every other city, postponing one would mean the 2nd show still had a chance of happening. And the weather still would've been nice.

Instead, Indy gets the short shift. One show, questionable poster (Worst of the tour so far, IMO), and finally a postponed show. 
    Calling that poster questionable is an insult to questionable posters everywhere.  
    😆
    Pensacola, FL - 3-9-1994
    Bonnaroo - 6-11-2016
    Ohana Fest - 9-26-2021
    PhartN said:
    KC138045 said:
    I’m happy for the people going to FW that they get their show tonight but a part of me is still bitter that we still don’t have a full explanation why Noblesville was postponed. 
    I was originally on the side of, Noneya, but now I am right here with you.  All of fans that were there, some from other countries, some from across the country etc (8 hour drive for myself), I feel like we are at least owed something more than "someone was ill".  S. Tyler just shared that he has damaged vocal chords and had to postpone like 6  Aerosmith shows...what happened that was so bad to postpone the Indy show, but yet get on for Texas just a few days later?  Let the fans know!  To all the people that will hate on me for this post, so be it, but I think it is the least they could do.  Will it change the outcome, nope, but it would set a lot of poeples' minds at ease about why it happened so late.
    This band will do anything in their power for us…period.  Know that 
    Pensacola, FL - 3-9-1994
    Bonnaroo - 6-11-2016
    Ohana Fest - 9-26-2021
  • BF25394 said:
    Jadler said:
    I will be slightly bummed if they reschedule Noblesville to ‘24 and then the setlist is filled with 8 songs from the new album…beggars can’t be choosers though.
    You have never heard these songs and yet you already have decided that you'd prefer not to hear them. Why are you a member of this band's fan club, exactly?
    Agreed. I just saw Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit (multiple decades of output now) play a show that of the 20 songs played, 12 were from his newest album, Weathervanes. Only one tune from the new release was not performed.

I couldn't have been happier. The new album is awesome.
  • deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,464
    BK221359 said:
    PhartN said:
    KC138045 said:
    I’m happy for the people going to FW that they get their show tonight but a part of me is still bitter that we still don’t have a full explanation why Noblesville was postponed. 
    I was originally on the side of, Noneya, but now I am right here with you.  All of fans that were there, some from other countries, some from across the country etc (8 hour drive for myself), I feel like we are at least owed something more than "someone was ill".  S. Tyler just shared that he has damaged vocal chords and had to postpone like 6  Aerosmith shows...what happened that was so bad to postpone the Indy show, but yet get on for Texas just a few days later?  Let the fans know!  To all the people that will hate on me for this post, so be it, but I think it is the least they could do.  Will it change the outcome, nope, but it would set a lot of poeples' minds at ease about why it happened so late.
    Exactly
    This
    Pensacola, FL - 3-9-1994
    Bonnaroo - 6-11-2016
    Ohana Fest - 9-26-2021
  • shorty4568shorty4568 Posts: 176
    edited September 2023
    BK221359 said:
    PhartN said:
    KC138045 said:
    Including PJ Premium tickets, don't be so naïve   
  • Hankj25 said:
    jrfigg said:
    Yep.  But I’m also a realist and know that they probably haven’t been able to piece this together in 3 days…

The new album seems to be a lock…a 2024 tour sure seems likely…but until they start building the dates and map, there isn’t much they can do publicly.  Maybe they could send an email or something out in short order to just let us all know they are thinking of us…and updating us with whatever they can..even if its as simple as “we are trying to make it right”.  

But based on past history, i doubt seriously they’ll provide any update whatsoever.  This band is awesome…but they have employed a PR style that grates on fans at times..one of their best areas of opportunity moving into 2024!
    So I understand the 3 day thing...but with how much this happens it would surprise me that they didn;t think about this and have somewhat of a plan.  even if it is ... will be made up the 1st half of 2024.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Darth Lizard KingDarth Lizard King Posts: 82
    edited September 2023
    deb1211 said:
    BK221359 said:
    PhartN said:
    KC138045 said:
    Exactly
    Post edited by Darth Lizard King on
  • BK221359 said:
    PhartN said:
    KC138045 said:
    Does "anything in their power" include a simple email stating that the Indianapolis show was actually cancelled? I have gotten several emails pushing new merch for me to buy, but I'm still waiting on that one.
  • Normally in the past with ticketmaster is that after 60 days with no announcement, they’ll automatically open up the refund option.
    Wilco87 said:
    BF25394 said:
    Jadler said:
    Agreed. I just saw Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit (multiple decades of output now) play a show that of the 20 songs played, 12 were from his newest album, Weathervanes. Only one tune from the new release was not performed.

As a fellow Wilco fan, I'm sure you'll agree with this: Wilco has a new album coming out September 29. I'm holding tickets for five Wilco shows in the first half of October. I've heard exactly one song from the new album in its final form, and I would be really disappointed if they didn't play those new songs that I haven't heard yet at every one of those five shows. That's why I continue to see Wilco-- not so I can see them play "Jesus, etc." for the 50th time.
  • Wilco87 said:
    BF25394 said:
    Jadler said:

Such a good record. This Ain't It is a scorcher.
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 761
    BF25394 said:
    Jadler said:
    Oof. Of course I want to hear the new stuff! I never said I don’t want to hear it. I simply stated I would be a little bummed about missing out on a year where they are going crazy mixing up the set lists on what would have been a perfect night in a place I traveled plane train and automobile to get to. If this gets rescheduled in say May (as rumored) and the album has just dropped with no time to get to know the new songs it would be a bit of a bummer. I don’t think that’s some super hot take. The band, as I’m sure for almost everyone in here has had an incredible impact on my life! For that reason I am a proud member of this fan club. 
  • BF25394 said:
    Wilco87 said:
    BF25394 said:
    Jadler said:

As a fellow Wilco fan, I'm sure you'll agree with this: Wilco has a new album coming out September 29. I'm holding tickets for five Wilco shows in the first half of October. I've heard exactly one song from the new album in its final form, and I would be really disappointed if they didn't play those new songs that I haven't heard yet at every one of those five shows. That's why I continue to see Wilco-- not so I can see them play "Jesus, etc." for the 50th time.
    I’m also psyched for the new record (thought the Cruel Country material was really great last tour too) but I’m seeing them for both. I absolutely want to hear Jesus Etc. And if you can combine the two? Like say outroing Via Chicago with the Many Worlds coda? All the better.
  • Here's what I'd like to see happen for the rescheduled show: Take all the seats that people decided to refund and move the 10C seats forward into those now open seats. I hope that makes sense. Most of us got screwed sideways and diagonally with seating for this tour, so it would be a nice way to apologize for the postponement. Though admittedly it would be a logistical nightmare to make happen.
    Deer Creek, Noblesville, IN 08/17/1998
    Deer Creek, Noblesville, IN 08/18/2000
    Verizon Wireless Music Center, Noblesville, IN 06/22/2003
    Verizon Wireless Music Center, Noblesville, IN 05/07/2010
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,152
    BK221359 said:
    This
    Setlist thread up! 💪
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • JimmyV said:
    Jeff is going to cancel an entire leg of the US tour just because he has to play this one extra show in Indiana.
    🤣
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
This discussion has been closed.