Pearl Jam Ruoff Music Center Postponement

Comments

• MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,665
    Spurs14 said:
    It's Pearl Jam, not Eddie Vedder and friends.  I want to see and hear Ed, Jeff, Stone, Mike, and Matt or I'd be massively disappointed.
    Apologies to Boom and Josh.
    I 3rd this. Eddie is great, but it's not the same without them all. Each person brings a unique fire and sound. I can't imagine someone covering for one of them, it wouldn't be Pearl Jam.
    Yes it would... Ed IS PJ. You can take Ed out of PJ an he'll carry it wherever he goes. Any other guy an no... Nope. Uh-uh. They can't carry that weight individually, he can tho. 
    Strong disagree here… as talented a performer as Ed is, there’s a reason I could take or leave his solo shows but will travel thousands of miles for Pearl Jam. I could take a stand in for Matt or Boom for a night, but it wouldn’t be Pearl Jam w/ out Mike running around like a squirrel on cocaine or Jeff & Stone locked in on their grooves. 

Would I have boycotted one of the St Paul shows if I knew Josh was filling for one of those three? Of course not… but I would have been disappointed about missing that musician, and in my mind there would be an asterisk next to that show. 
    Yeah but me personally I wouldn’t go if no Ed! Anyone else id still go if I had tickets 
    Just because that lead singer isn’t there doesn’t mean the show will suck. In 2009 I saw Ted Leo and the pharmacists open up for PJ in Toronto, and Ted Leo didn’t make it because he didn’t have a passport. It was without a doubt the best performance I’ve ever seen from that band, and they had a replacement singer.

• Well, now that we know the show is a go, for anyone attending... If they fill ya in on what happened with the cancelation let the rest of us know, will ya? Thanks. 😊 Aside from that I hope the guys are great, the set lists great an you all have a spectacular evening! 😁🤙👍
  • Hankj25Hankj25 Posts: 315
    4legs posted a really zapruder like photo from what I assume is sound check with a drummer that was not Matt Fuckin’ Cameron.  Carry on.
    Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Seattle 5-30-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
  • Hankj25 said:
    4legs posted a really zapruder like photo from what I assume is sound check with a drummer that was not Matt Fuckin’ Cameron.  Carry on.
    Looks like Josh. But fans would know, he had a different (orange) drum kit from Matt. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Watched the first few shows online stream. Have 0 interest in the rest after Indy. 
  • Hankj25 said:
    Looks like Josh. But fans would know, he had a different (orange) drum kit from Matt. 
    Possible that orange kit belonged to Richard. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,321
    Watched the first few shows online stream. Have 0 interest in the rest after Indy. 
    Makes sense...
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
    With josh on the drums tonight…first, I hope MFC is ok.  Second, they couldn’t have pieced together a show with Josh on Sunday? (Yeah, I know…). 

Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Seattle 5-30-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
    Apparently EV had the flu and MC got Covid….So there’s your official statement on Ruoff.  Time to reschedule and let us all hope again!
    Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Seattle 5-30-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
  • Man this show is EPIC! Kudos to the bans and Josh for working together to make it all come together for the Jamily! 🙏 🙏  🙏 Pearl Jam are my most favorite band ever. My other favorites are also leftist SISSIES and they are cool too! But nobody holds a candle to my beloved Pearl Jam! 🎶 🎵 I can't wait to see the boys again multiple times in 2024 wherever they may go! Now, off to make sure my cc info is current for my annual 10C renewal! ❤️ 💙 💜 💖 💗 💘 ❤️ 

@Ryme (probably)
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Man this show is EPIC! Kudos to the bans and Josh for working together to make it all come together for the Jamily! 🙏 🙏  🙏 Pearl Jam are my most favorite band ever. My other favorites are also leftist SISSIES and they are cool too! But nobody holds a candle to my beloved Pearl Jam! 🎶 🎵 I can't wait to see the boys again multiple times in 2024 wherever they may go! Now, off to make sure my cc info is current for my annual 10C renewal! ❤️ 💙 💜 💖 💗 💘 ❤️ 

@Ryme (probably)
    Wrong thread cause this show didn't happen 
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 761
    Pain
  • Hard to see them come back just a few days later and play a longer set than they have been. I’m struggling friends. 
  • PhartNPhartN Posts: 426
    As weird as it may sound, knowing what happened in Indy does make it sting much less.  I hate that anyone was ill, but knowing it was 2 of them and not risking if for themselves makes me gain a little closure to the disappointment that was the postponement....I am clutching my lower bowl tickets and hopeful that I can make it when they eventually reschedule!  Hope the rest of the shows are great for the band and for the jamily!
    1995: New Orleans, LA
    2006: Washington, D.C.
    2008: Washington, D.C.
    2010: Bristow, VA
    2013: Baltimore, MD
    2016: Hampton, VA
    2020: Baltimore, MD
    2023: Noblesville, IN TBD
    2024: Seattle, WA N1 and N2

• During one of the Ohana '21 Shows, Eddie mentioned he woke up with incredible back pain and that the only way he was able to perform was after seeing a doctor/therepist for the LA Clippers and getting some sort of shot. Hearing of stories like that and other things they have done to make a show happen (including last night in Ft Worth), I don't question that they have exhausted every possibility before making the decision to cancel/postpone a gig.
  • After having two shows cancelled on me due to Covid, it shakes my confidence in the guys being able to sustain a tour and even make it to a rescheduled date at some point. Here’s to their health and finishing the tour strong. Maybe I’ll have it in me to listen to the shows once the boots drop on nugs. Tough when their music usually gets me through rough times but I can’t even listen to it right now. 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    jrfigg said:
    After having two shows cancelled on me due to Covid, it shakes my confidence in the guys being able to sustain a tour and even make it to a rescheduled date at some point. Here’s to their health and finishing the tour strong. Maybe I’ll have it in me to listen to the shows once the boots drop on nugs. Tough when their music usually gets me through rough times but I can’t even listen to it right now. 
    Do you have someone you can talk to? Are you seeing a therapist? 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • PJ has released the format for the second leg of their US tour in early 2024:

I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • jrfigg said:
    After having two shows cancelled on me due to Covid, it shakes my confidence in the guys being able to sustain a tour and even make it to a rescheduled date at some point. Here’s to their health and finishing the tour strong. Maybe I’ll have it in me to listen to the shows once the boots drop on nugs. Tough when their music usually gets me through rough times but I can’t even listen to it right now. 
    Right now just trying to share my feelings with a community where some may feel the same or have some understanding (and probably listening to way too much joy division). Most folks in my day to day life don’t comprehend why this might hurt as it does. It’s not like someone died, right? I should probably be talking to a therapist in general anyway. Thank you for your concern. 
  • jrfigg said:

I... think?... I know what you're trying to say, but I'm not certain.

We had a trip to Europe planned for our 20th anniversary in 2014 -- our first vacation since our honeymoon, actually. The trip included PJ shows in Vienna, Berlin, Oslo and Stockholm. But we were turned around at passport control in Munich because my husband's passport was valid for less than seven months, and they wouldn't let us in unless it was valid for more than six months after our stated departure date. I cried most of the way back to the US, never did listen those bootlegs or even look at the set lists, and it took me a while to get excited about any other travel after having big hopes/ plans dashed like that.

I had to sell our PJ tickets (great seats!) for Phoenix last year because of my husband's job. Same for SHN this weekend. And we missed Innings Festival in February because, while my husband was in France, without me, for Valentine's Day, he picked up Covid and brought it back as a gift. Yay.

So I get the disappointment, I think, and I get wondering if things ever will go off as planned. And I probably should be seeing a therapist, too. I'd encourage you to look into that.

Covid is here to stay, like the flu and colds. As we and the band get older, respiratory diseases are going to take more of a toll. There's not much to do about that (except, get vaccinated!). I think the guys take pretty good care of themselves, but being on the road and being exposed to a lot of people means being exposed to disease (see my husband, above). The other option is they just don't tour -- that doesn't sound like an option we fans would enjoy. 
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Dr. Matt said:
    PJ has released the format for the second leg of their US tour in early 2024:

GA is going to be a tough ticket!  Not too many spots in there.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 939
    jrfigg said:
    jrfigg said:
    Right now just trying to share my feelings with a community where some may feel the same or have some understanding (and probably listening to way too much joy division). Most folks in my day to day life don’t comprehend why this might hurt as it does. It’s not like someone died, right? I should probably be talking to a therapist in general anyway. Thank you for your concern. 
    I started therapy in January 2022 and it is one of the best decisions I ever made. I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone.
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • I want them to continue to tour. It’s a bucket list thing for me to finally see them from the pit. But last year it took like 4 shows into the tour before the wheels came off and guys got sick and they cancelled shows. This year it took four shows before another postponement. The guys are getting older and these things are gonna affect them more. So my point was just that it makes me nervous as hell to think that more frequent cancellations and postponements will become the way of life.  And if these guys hit your city once a decade or driving distance once every 6-7 years, you’ve basically got to travel to see them. 

Sometimes we give these shows more personal meaning than maybe we should. Vegas ‘22 was my 40th bday gift. Indy ‘23 brought me back to my home state that I haven’t wanted to return to in 30 years because of a traumatic childhood there. I needed some catharsis. I had to sell tickets in 2016 due to the early arrival of my baby girl. 

I think I’ve leaned too much into my fan hood in the intervening years. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. And the pandemic made me come out the other side with maybe too much eagerness to gain experiences. 

Anyway, thank you for sharing your thoughts. Here’s to better days ahead. 

• ZoSoTim said:
    jrfigg said:
    jrfigg said:
    I started therapy in January 2022 and it is one of the best decisions I ever made. I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone.
    Thank you for sharing your truth. I have done therapy with success before and been on some meds for a long time. Maybe I need to stop trying to minimize my issues as first world problems and get help again. We see some of my same issues in my daughter and have done whatever we can to get her the help she needs, not sure why I deny it of myself. Maybe this is the push I need. Thanks again for letting this forum be a little impromptu therapy session!
  • Dr. Matt said:
    PJ has released the format for the second leg of their US tour in early 2024:

Would make for a more enjoyable mosh pit at my age.. :o
    "And the young, they can lose hope
    'Cause they can't see beyond today
    The wisdom that the old can't give away, hey
    Constant recoil
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone."
  • ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 939
    jrfigg said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    jrfigg said:
    jrfigg said:
    Thank you for sharing your truth. I have done therapy with success before and been on some meds for a long time. Maybe I need to stop trying to minimize my issues as first world problems and get help again. We see some of my same issues in my daughter and have done whatever we can to get her the help she needs, not sure why I deny it of myself. Maybe this is the push I need. Thanks again for letting this forum be a little impromptu therapy session!
    The healing power of music is extremely strong. Without it I likely wouldn't be alive right now. But getting professional help too is not a sign of weakness at all. If anything it shows strength to confront painful issues & learn how to better deal with them.
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Wilco87 said:

During one of the Ohana '21 Shows, Eddie mentioned he woke up with incredible back pain and that the only way he was able to perform was after seeing a doctor/therepist for the LA Clippers and getting some sort of shot. Hearing of stories like that and other things they have done to make a show happen (including last night in Ft Worth), I don't question that they have exhausted every possibility before making the decision to cancel/postpone a gig.
    His comment about getting that steroid shot "proves that I'm a pro vaxxer" was hilarious.
  • Well, I hope Matt gets well soon and Ed too. I'm glad everyone is alive! *sigh of relief* 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,520
    doesn't Dave A live in Texas? If Matt's not back for night 2, give him a shout and do the Vitalogy show. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• In the future, we need a color coding system like the injury report for Pearl Jam.  For example, green means no concerns about show going on.  Yellow,  unlikely show would be canceled.  Orange, there is a real chance but unconfirmed at this point.  

I am kidding, but would be nice for travelers.  
This discussion has been closed.