Holy shit.. earthlings is very very GOOD

Comments

• I think the singing on on my way is Ed’s dad. I thought he said he used a track of his to close out the record 
  • mcgruff10 said:
    This is definitely the riot act of ev albums.  ;)
    To me that’s great if it in fact is. Riot act is probably my favourite PJ album 
    same....maybe 2nd or 3rd but up there
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • mfc2006 said:
    Good Or Evil is fucking awesome
    Easily my favorite on the album
    Can’t argue…
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    Flavafraz said:
    I think the singing on on my way is Ed’s dad. I thought he said he used a track of his to close out the record 
    Yes that’s his dad.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,392
    pdalowsky said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    This is definitely the riot act of ev albums.  ;)
    No it  is not
    and the world is back spinning again LOL
    ha ha!  Rob and I can only agree on so much!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Just got an email from Ticketmaster offering me 15% off the new album. Good old Ticketmaster.
  • beano.79beano.79 Posts: 736
    Gvn2fly said:
    I'll never have the need or desire to listen to the song with Elton John again.  
    It's a fucking painful listen for me 😂 I do like alot of the songs on the album though
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,126
    The Ticketmaster discount is hilarious. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    Not a fan of the album after one listen. Enjoyed Try the most. That is one weirdly fun harmonica 
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    is there any link to the lyrics for the songs anywhere?
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    edited February 2022
    JimmyV said:
    The Ticketmaster discount is hilarious. 

"Darling guys."
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Jcanr20Jcanr20 Illinois Posts: 159
    I love it. When it was first announced, I didn't think I would, but The Long Way and Brother The Cloud are really good. I loved Invincible from the first time I heard it live. I can live without Picture and The Haves but that's OK. I thought the production on The Long Way and Brother The Cloud was really good and crisp so I was disappointed with the production on the rest of the album where it sounds hollow and popish. Watt didn't take advantage of Eddie's voice which is a disappointment, but also makes me glad we have these live performances. Overall, I love it though. 

Other than the singles and due to production, I have to turn up the volume or I can't hear the music very good at all. For those songs I went in and turned up the playback volume settings on my MacBook so I think that has helped. Still wish I could hear it better though because it's really good.
    Vedd Hedd said:
    https://www.waytolyrics.com/2022/02/eddie-vedder-earthling-album-tracklist.html?m=1
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,734
    edited February 2022
    bigbiggzy said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Good Or Evil is fucking awesome
    Easily my favorite on the album
    Can’t argue…
    Good or Evil reminds me too much of Mind your Manners of which I've heard enough times....

'Try' might be my favorite right now after a couple listens though I can't help but wonder how it would sound if it was slowed down a little which I think I'd prefer. 
    Post edited by iOnlyownMymind on
  • Its hit or miss for me. I'm surprised because I expected it to be folksy and I don't feel that at all.  Some songs sound good and rocking, sound similar to recent pearl jam albums in his singing style.  I do not like The Haves, not feeling Picture either with Elton John -my least favorites.  Its really a big mix of music styles...maybe he was going for that. I enjoyed Invincible, Power of Right, Fallout Today, Good and Evil - felt familiar. I guess I enjoyed the guitar here too.
    kristie73 said:
    Its hit or miss for me. I'm surprised because I expected it to be folksy and I don't feel that at all.  Some songs sound good and rocking, sound similar to recent pearl jam albums in his singing style.  I do not like The Haves, not feeling Picture either with Elton John -my least favorites.  Its really a big mix of music styles...maybe he was going for that. I enjoyed Invincible, Power of Right, Fallout Today, Good and Evil - felt familiar. I guess I enjoyed the guitar here too.
    The bolded is spot on and exactly what I've been struggling with. I've largely liked Ed's solo stuff before this because it was folksy and stripped down. This is something else and for me it just doesn't work. 

• I still feel like I’m listening to 2 or 3 songs from about 4 different albums. This thing is all over the place. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,540
    yeah, it really is. It sounds like it was written sparsely over a long period of time. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,774
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Lyric videos on YouTube 
    I miss igotid88
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,366
    edited February 2022
    deleted
    Post edited by Sea on
  • JimmyV said:
    kristie73 said:
    Its hit or miss for me. I'm surprised because I expected it to be folksy and I don't feel that at all.  Some songs sound good and rocking, sound similar to recent pearl jam albums in his singing style.  I do not like The Haves, not feeling Picture either with Elton John -my least favorites.  Its really a big mix of music styles...maybe he was going for that. I enjoyed Invincible, Power of Right, Fallout Today, Good and Evil - felt familiar. I guess I enjoyed the guitar here too.
    The bolded is spot on and exactly what I've been struggling with. I've largely liked Ed's solo stuff before this because it was folksy and stripped down. This is something else and for me it just doesn't work. 
    I prefer when he's more rocking or just stripped down but not folksy. 

• Deep TracksDeep Tracks Posts: 7
    edited February 2022
    deleted
    Post edited by Sea on
    Betting many of the people voicing opinions here have bought more copies of Earthling than the actual musicians heaping praise on social media. 

• Deep TracksDeep Tracks Posts: 7
    edited February 2022
    deleted
    Post edited by Sea on
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    edited February 2022

We're all entitled to our own opinions, you know. Good grief.
    Post edited by Sea on
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,540
    maybe it's andrew watt
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

Isn’t the whole point of a fanclub forum to talk about the music, share opinions and whatnot?! Why are people so bloody salty about different opinions?
    So what if some, myself included, don’t feel the album after one or ten listens? I’m happy for anyone who enjoys it, most of all Ed and the band because they seem to have fun.
    No reason to bitch around and insult people 
  • Is this a SiriusXM account? Lol. Isn’t Deep Tracks Channel 28 or something? 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    JPPJ84 said:
    Isn’t the whole point of a fanclub forum to talk about the music, share opinions and whatnot?! Why are people so bloody salty about different opinions?
    So what if some, myself included, don’t feel the album after one or ten listens? I’m happy for anyone who enjoys it, most of all Ed and the band because they seem to have fun.
    No reason to bitch around and insult people 
    he'll be gone in a week. 
    LOL
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Funny how many actual musicians are heaping praise on this album and yet we have a toilet full of hot-take motherfuckers on here giving worthless feedback. "On first listen..." Bitch, Shut. The. Fuck. Up. The album is a masterpiece. 
    sorry Ed
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana