Options

CoVid19 Virus : Impact on PJ Spring & Summer Tours

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,059
    bbiggs said:
    This sucks. 
    Agreed.  A quick communication from the band would be very beneficial.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,653
    i leave for australia next saturday.  i'm guessing it will be a pretty empty flight.  if everyone else stops flying it makes flying pretty safe for me.

trying to avoid this thing that it is in every major city in the world is a losing battle unless you plan on sitting in your house for the next 6 months, which i don't.  in communities that are experiencing large outbreaks i agree we should limit mass gatherings.  unfortunately we don't know those cities because we've barely tested anyone.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,679
    They could at a minimum say “they’re aware of the situation and are in contact with the venues and will make the best decision” etc

just something that they’re atleast aware and are considering all options or whatever

If they cancel last minute, similar to Raleigh, it’ll probably be the end of my days of traveling significantly to see the band
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    ComeToTX said:
    i leave for australia next saturday.  i'm guessing it will be a pretty empty flight.  if everyone else stops flying it makes flying pretty safe for me.

trying to avoid this thing that it is in every major city in the world is a losing battle unless you plan on sitting in your house for the next 6 months, which i don't.  in communities that are experiencing large outbreaks i agree we should limit mass gatherings.  unfortunately we don't know those cities because we've barely tested anyone.

It's absurd and irresponsible that testing has become a political issue. I feel like the scientists are being overshadowed by political talking points. 
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Lostpawn said:
    But if they cancel within 48 hours, don't the union workers still get paid then? Maybe that's why they wait? I have no clue though, just what I've heard.

My concern bigger than a few rock concerts is a Mediterranean cruise that we have booked for early May. It consists of stops in Spain, Italy and France. I get that some canceled PJ concerts would bum some people out, but I've seen them countless times and have never been on the other side of the Atlantic. It's also a lot harder to rebook something that lasts for 9 days as opposed to 3 hours.
    I feel you. My cousin who is getting married this weekend had to cancel his honeymoon. It was to Italy. Sucks. 
    Is his wife in the Facebook group for the UA yearly challenge? Are they from MN? I ask because just this morning she was talking about canceling her honeymoon to Italy and asking for domestic suggestions.

And to everyone that already suggested not going on the cruise: I don't plan on it, LOL. I'll let my wife handle all the rebooking or refund crap though. Or she can go with a friend, whatever. My work actually has a policy in place right now about travel. I'm fairly certain Italy is on the list, even though we'd be flying into Barcelona, but still.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,680
    tish said:
    ^ Although thi information is not advertised,  Disney cruise offers booking changes, even for cruises not insured, for 300$ US per passenger. Call your cruise line and speak to guest services to see unpublished offerings.

A coworker of mine did this as well.
  • Options
    sxwxgirl1sxwxgirl1 Posts: 63
    nicknyr15 said:
    sxwxgirl1 said:
    As I pointed out earlier, My Daughters and I are scheduled to go in Ottawa.  My Husband (not a PJ fan) is not.  That being said, he has stage 3 COPD (under 60, yah it sucks).  If he gets this virus, he will die.  Even before Covid 19, we have to take extra protective measures to ensure we do not get him sick.  There will be PJ fans from all over, maybe from highly infected zones, some not, but it only takes one person infected that can literally kill someone who is medically compromised.   Will I be sitting next to the person who may have it, or carrying it, probably not, but you just do not know because we do not know enough about the virus or it's mutations yet.  Compound this with the fact we can not even get the necessary protections that we normally have on hand (masks, hand sanitizer, etc as they are sold out even for compromised folks) it is playing roulette with his life.  I love PJ with all my heart, but I love my Husband more, my Daughter's love their Dad more.  The company my Daughter works for just cancelled their trip to Japan, she was relieved they made the decision for her.   This disease sucks, I get some folks think it will not affect them and "carrying on as usual", it may though deeply affect those you may even have the most casual passing contact with.   I just wish PJ would say something or acknowledge some of these concerns. even just to calm fears and anxiety. BTW very hard to control droplets at a large concert gathering, if not impossible, someone is bound to sneeze, cough whatever.  Unless we are all completely bubble wrapped from head to toe and decontaminated before we leave. Don't hate on me because I have concerns please...TY    
    I’m so sorry to hear all this. It’s very upsetting to know that you can’t get basic stuff while people who don’t need it are either hoarding  it or flipping it on eBay. May I ask , do you live in Ottawa? 
    Yes we live in Ottawa.  Thanks for your kind words btw.  Not sure if you just heard the Federal/Provincial announcement that large gatherings here in Canada where people from around the World, including the US will be in attendance, will be assessed for possible threat levels and discussed with large events planners.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,813
    And i got hammered for saying exactly  the same as these posts right here. This place is ridiculous 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    nc_jammer1nc_jammer1 Posts: 546
    So many events out there yet to be cancelled/ postponed though,  concerts, sporting events, etc.  What are the big sports leagues thinking ? NHL and NBA that play in these same arenas ?   Think about the busy subways, train stations, buses, cabs,  etc throughout the US and Canada, these would be more susceptible then a concert due to daily volume of people coming and going.  Covid is obviously a major concern, ...  level of concern should be directly linked to one's personal health situation.  The economy is taking a major hit due to careless speculation and skewed statistics,...but that's the norm in today's world.   I'm thinking that PJ is looking to these other entertainment entities (sports leagues etc) to see how they react in the coming days and weeks.
  • Options
    LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    Lostpawn said:
    But if they cancel within 48 hours, don't the union workers still get paid then? Maybe that's why they wait? I have no clue though, just what I've heard.

My concern bigger than a few rock concerts is a Mediterranean cruise that we have booked for early May. It consists of stops in Spain, Italy and France. I get that some canceled PJ concerts would bum some people out, but I've seen them countless times and have never been on the other side of the Atlantic. It's also a lot harder to rebook something that lasts for 9 days as opposed to 3 hours.
    I feel you. My cousin who is getting married this weekend had to cancel his honeymoon. It was to Italy. Sucks. 
    Is his wife in the Facebook group for the UA yearly challenge? Are they from MN? I ask because just this morning she was talking about canceling her honeymoon to Italy and asking for domestic suggestions.

And to everyone that already suggested not going on the cruise: I don't plan on it, LOL. I'll let my wife handle all the rebooking or refund crap though. Or she can go with a friend, whatever. My work actually has a policy in place right now about travel. I'm fairly certain Italy is on the list, even though we'd be flying into Barcelona, but still.
    Nope, they are South Florida denizens. 

I really hope everything works out with your trip. Even if you have to postpone, it will be a great time when it happens!
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    i think I just broke my monitor when I got the presale email for the fucking Lada Gaga show at Metlife on 8/19.

Fuuuuuck youuuuuu!
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,680
    I don't think this virus is the "big one" but obviously a lot of people are dying and it is said.  One good thing out of this is that we are getting a test run on responses that could be helpful when the really deadly disease hits.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,666
    edited March 2020
    You have to take care of your family.  Until there’s a yearly vaccine to lessen the effects you have to be careful.  I’ve seen what a bad case of pneumonia did to a healthy family member (not elderly).  It’s scary.  So call me nuts but i bought N95 and N100 masks for airports and airplanes.   We probably won’t go on our trips anymore so its probably just as well that i had to back out of Nashville last month.  
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,311
    edited March 2020
    So many events out there yet to be cancelled/ postponed though,  concerts, sporting events, etc.  What are the big sports leagues thinking ? NHL and NBA that play in these same arenas ?   Think about the busy subways, train stations, buses, cabs,  etc throughout the US and Canada, these would be more susceptible then a concert due to daily volume of people coming and going.  Covid is obviously a major concern, ...  level of concern should be directly linked to one's personal health situation.  The economy is taking a major hit due to careless speculation and skewed statistics,...but that's the norm in today's world.   I'm thinking that PJ is looking to these other entertainment entities (sports leagues etc) to see how they react in the coming days and weeks.
    as someone said earlier in this thread these decisions will be made by the states and cities. I don't see these professional sports teams voluntarily keeping fans out.  the issue with the PJ tour seems to be that is starts right around the time you would expect the possibility of a mass infection of people to happen. right now it's contained a bit in the US and Canada but how much more will there be in 2-3 weeks?  If the tour was may-june i'd feel much better about the possibility of no disruption. 
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited March 2020
    You have to take care of your family.  Until there’s a yearly vaccine to lessen the effects you have to be careful.  I’ve seen what a bad case of pneumonia did to a healthy family member (not elderly).  It’s scary.  So call me nuts but i bought N95 and N100 masks for airports and airplanes.   We probably won’t go on our trips anymore so its probably just as well that i had to back out of Nashville last month.  
    I understand this 'gotta protect your family' sentiment, but a woman I work with just ran out of here like a bat out hell because her kid called her up and said that one of the other kids in school was coughing.

...BECAUSE ANOTHER CHILD WAS COUGHING FOR CHRIST'S SAKES.

People are starting to lose their motherfucking minds, and that is exacerbating this entire goddamn thing and sending the planet into a global panic that is crashing global markets.

People need to chill the fuck out.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,002
    This does suck.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 1,016
    bbiggs said:
    I do business with a lot of physicians.  I have asked opinions of 4 of them in the last couple of days.  They all echo the same thing.

1. We don’t know enough about this virus yet. 
    2.  Because we don’t know enough, taking precautions is wise.
    3.  Live your life, but if you don’t have to travel or be in mass gatherings, try to avoid it until more is known.

These are comments from highly skilled physicians that are more qualified than most of us who post here (myself included).  For those on extreme ends of the spectrum (i.e. the virus is a nothingburger or the world is ending), feel free to remain there, but I’ll be somewhere in the middle until medical professionals state otherwise. Let’s hope the shows are uninterrupted and everyone remains healthy and safe. ✌🏻 
    Thank you. 

I have no doubt the band will make an announcement soon. 

Stay positive everyone. 
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 712
    And i got hammered for saying exactly  the same as these posts right here. This place is ridiculous 
    A portion seem to believe that because they aren't in the high risk areas or demographic that this, literally, is nothing to worry about. They don't seem to realize until getting repeatedly beaten over the head, sometimes, that we are all connected.  Connected down to the star dust. Some appear to not give an f about anything or anybody other than themselves.  Explains our lack of universal healthcare and our huge homeless problem and our massive military. Humans afraid to behave humanely. 
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,066
    Wow this thread really has gone places. 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    but the success rate of F5-ing has still not increased ! interesting …..
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,954
    Second warning on this thread. Please keep the discussion civil or this thread will be closed. No more name calling.
    Please see the Posting Guidelines.
    Thank you

• Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,536
    'I understand this 'gotta protect your family' sentiment, but a woman I work with just ran out of here like a bat out hell because her kid called her up and said that one of the other kids in school was coughing.

...BECAUSE ANOTHER CHILD WAS COUGHING FOR CHRIST'S SAKES.'

And pretty soon they'll move into their bunkers....this is ridiculous. Wonder how the anti-vaxxers feel right about now
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,311
    YAKIMATSU said:
    A portion seem to believe that because they aren't in the high risk areas or demographic that this, literally, is nothing to worry about. They don't seem to realize until getting repeatedly beaten over the head, sometimes, that we are all connected.  Connected down to the star dust. Some appear to not give an f about anything or anybody other than themselves.  Explains our lack of universal healthcare and our huge homeless problem and our massive military. Humans afraid to behave humanely. 
    are you suggesting we all should just shutter in place at home for the next few months?   I get that we are all connected but at this point there is no need to over react and over panic either.  98% of the people who get this virus are fine.    What do you suggest our action should be?
  • Options
    Manu117Manu117 Burlington VT Posts: 106
    pjhawks said:
    as someone said earlier in this thread these decisions will be made by the states and cities. I don't see these professional sports teams voluntarily keeping fans out.  the issue with the PJ tour seems to be that is starts right around the time you would expect the possibility of a mass infection of people to happen. right now it's contained a bit in the US and Canada but how much more will there be in 2-3 weeks?  If the tour was may-june i'd feel much better about the possibility of no disruption. 
    Band's insurance could have something to do with it, though. It's very possible band (or venue) insurance policies may decide not to cover coronavirus related issues. 
  • Options
    AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 829
    tish said:
    ^ Although thi information is not advertised,  Disney cruise offers booking changes, even for cruises not insured, for 300$ US per passenger. Call your cruise line and speak to guest services to see unpublished offerings.

A coworker of mine did this as well
    All major cruise lines including Disney now are allowing for free rebookings on upcoming cruises.  Hopefully your friends aren't really out that $300
  • Options
    chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox Chicago Posts: 696
    YAKIMATSU said:

"Star Dust"...

LOL. Wow. This thread has really gone off the rails.

- Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,536
    One of the problems with travel insurance is that the fear of travel due to a virus outbreak is NOT a reason for refund. 
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    I disagree,  I don't see these billion dollar sports leagues choosing a strategy that puts them at the mercy of rapid decisions by any individual cities , states . counties etc.  Any one game that's shut down will spiral through the whole league.  They're definitely keeping a close eye, and I would imagine they'd prefer to control their own destiny.
  • Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 712
    pjhawks said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    are you suggesting we all should just shutter in place at home for the next few months?   I get that we are all connected but at this point there is no need to over react and over panic either.  98% of the people who get this virus are fine.    What do you suggest our action should be?
    No.
    I don't know. Isn't that the real problem. Maybe we could be more prepared for likely catastrophic events than we are for war.
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24
  • Options
    One of the problems with travel insurance is that the fear of travel due to a virus outbreak is NOT a reason for refund. 
    I had a trip to Spain during the US portion of the tour.  We had to cancel because our friend who has the time share in which we r staying can't go because he's on a biologic medicine so his risk for contraction is high.  I have travel insurance and chose the option for cancel for any reason (extra charge).  The rep said that the claim should be approved.  We spoke a bit and she said that the standard policy will probably not cover if the country, state or other govt body imposes restrictions,  I notice an exclusion dealing with govt prohibitions.  Remember each policy is different.
This discussion has been closed.